ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, that's been the roughest part of this. It seems like Jun Lin just needed a friend, you know? I would've loved to be his friend.

Beautiful memorial for Jun Lin in Montreal:

6784720.bin

http://www.montrealgazette.com/6784720.bin

It would not be surprising if it is learned eventually that LM had a bad and/or abusive childhood. It will never justify his killing innocent animals and JL. Certainly LM would have other's believe he had a bad upbringing as can be read on historical posts he has written. I believe the media has also quoted his aunt as him having a bad childhood. So this tends to corroborate that at a minimum he may have not been properly cared for. I am not suggesting "outing" his family members in this forum. However, in my view if certain members of his family traumatized/abused him then I don't see them as complete victims because their wrong doing could possibly be contributory causal factors of this tragedy. I am sure some people are just born "bad"...and yet others have environmental/family/trauma/abuse factors that often play a role in crime. I've read several contributors on here express how much they want to understand how someone could reach such a depraved state of being as to do what LM did. It usually doesn't happen in a vacuum and almost always evolves gradually and eventually spirals out of control.

I posted this over in the Mariam Makhniashvili thread as well, but LRM was living at an apartment on 88 Erskin Ave, Toronto in mid to late 2009, only a six minute walk from where Mariam disappeared (Sept 09). She was last seen riding a red mountain bike in the Roehampton Ave. and Redpath Ave. area. Curious.

Excellent thanks.

Do you have the source for this date, 2009? I thought it was earlier. 88 Erskine is a few minutes walk from where her backpack was found and about half an hour from her school. Also where is the info about the red mountain bike from - haven't heard about that.

Relieved that the scrupulous work by Peter Parker still so early in this case includes the observation that he thinks he killed before (just so minds stay open to this possibility).

Last active date doesn't reflect personal messages. Websites, even VB4, have it set up that way to give you a little privacy. I'm not saying they met there but they met online somewhere.

The Chinese community dug up the links to his profiles on gay sites. Many of the posts are being scrubbed right now, just like on the North American web, except that I think they're doing it out of respect for his family because being gay in China is still a huge no-no.

Sorry if someone else already answered. This thread moves so quickly and my dogs keep distracting me.

You are probably right about many sites, but, no, you must log into the RJ site to send messages on it or email on it. But, respectfully, as I mentioned, the dates don't overlap and Lin Jun would have never seen LM's profile under the login name that was identified to be likely Lin Jun's. He never logged in during the time LM's profile was created and the entire one day LM spent on the site.

You're probably right about the Chinese big brothers scrubbing sites to respect the family. But I cannot speak about their true motivation, because sometimes it makes no sense to this westerner. Having said that, based on what I've heard here in China, that case was/is huge news in the mainland and was top on the search list on the major search sites here in China, but the people here already know the details (about LJ being gay). Maybe someone that gawking and snooping into the sites out of curiosity wasn't deemed a good thing for the people. ?

One prankster here had the audacity to post LM's picture as his own in one dating site. Talk about disrespecting the victim. I played internet police and reported it to the US based app. owners because it violated one of the use terms. Of course, it is still on there. :( Ironically, it is a blocked app in China and you'd have to have a VPN to use it. Maybe it hit a chord with me due to my being on here too much and feeling much empathy for Lin Jun. Sometimes I feel like empathy isn't a strong suit here based on what I see day to day...just my own observations and that could be it's own social thread of discussion. I digress.

That makes me think: I bet it was one of his sicko clients! I think Eric did all the killings for his own amusement, but that does explain what kind of other person might be in the room during that snake one. Or maybe another heavy fetish-prostitute? Not a whole lot would shock either of those groups.

There are ranges of fetish stuff, of course. I don't know a good term to separate out the really gross stuff like some of what Eric (might have) described in those emails to his lawyer.

I completely stand by my theory that LRM was paid to make these videos. However, I never thought about the fact that a John may be the one paying him! He has be whoring himself since he was a teen for money so this sounds feasible. Perhaps that is where the head is, with the John?

Excellent thanks.

Do you have the source for this date, 2009? I thought it was earlier. 88 Erskine is a few minutes walk from where her backpack was found and about half an hour from her school. Also where is the info about the red mountain bike from - haven't heard about that.

Relieved that the scrupulous work by Peter Parker still so early in this case includes the observation that he thinks he killed before (just so minds stay open to this possibility).

Based on various postings around the web that LRM left behind, including one in early October 2009 stating that he resided in Ajax, Ontario (about a 30 min drive away from 88 Erskin, Toronto), and also another in June reporting that he lived in Toronto. It's highly probable that during this time 88 Erskin was his address. Prior to June 2009, he seems to claim residence in Miami (although whether this is true is anyone's guess).

has everyone seen his tumblr acc't yet?

I won't link to it b/c there is *advertiser censored* there & to be honest I quickly backed out as soon as I saw that so I don't really know what else is there

he's listed under "luka100magnotta" for those curious or brave enough

I found the Facebook of a guy named Ben Jake and his profile picture is of Magnotta and he is friends with a "Manny Von Monroe".... not sure if I can post links but just weird that the name appeared.

Nope, on WS we don't post FB links, and we don't copy social media posts to this site. :wagon: to you, sinwonderland, and to all our other new posters!

Here's a link to the WS TOS and Rules. Please all review as you become regulars here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159

http://www.globalnational.com/Globa...mputer/video.html?v=2246477832&p=1&s=dd#video

Another great link, news report/video: this goes into detail about the new video found, they interview the lead investigator - he seems to confirm that even the 15 minute version of the film is "a bit edited" - they also confirm they are sending investigator's to Germany to question him about the missing head. These investigator's will go to question him whether or not he is extradited ASAP.

When I Google searched to find a fitting picture of a Jun Lin memorial, I was beyond shocked at some of the images that popped up. Yes, my filters are set to "adult" levels, but for the love of all that's holy, I haven't watched that video and I will never watch it, and I certainly didn't want to see images like that simply from Googling the man's name.

Cannot imagine what his family must be going through. :(

I don't find Matthew Hays article the least bit insightful or profound. His empathy for the victim is cursory at best...and for him to post a link of the murder video over his facebook only underscores the point. He reduces gay culture to perjoratives that are not unique to gay culture but reflect the overall problems of present day Western cultures. This error only serves to perpetuate stereotypes onto gays who have enough struggles to just be safe to be who they are. Mr. Hays is flippant throughout his article and I consider it profoundly ignorant.

A poll might be interesting:

1. watched the video
2. did not (& never will) watch the video
3. haven't watched but might in the future
4. started watching but couldn't continue
5. watched repeatedly for sleuthing purposes

Could a moderator possibly put up the poll? Apparently I don't have sufficient privileges.

http://www.globalnational.com/Globa...mputer/video.html?v=2246477832&p=1&s=dd#video

Another great link, news report/video: this goes into detail about the new video found, they interview the lead investigator - he seems to confirm that even the 15 minute version of the film is "a bit edited" - they also confirm they are sending investigator's to Germany to question him about the missing head. These investigator's will go to question him whether or not he is extradited ASAP.

I don't understand why investigators haven't already flown there. I guess they know how much time they have and are figuring out the best way to interrogate.

<mod snip>

I think there were sightings of Mariam around Yonge and Eglinton that is what I think the poster had heard. Yes I think LE tended to discount them but I do not think they would agree with you because they have no idea what day Mariam jumped or fell (assuming she jumped or fell) and they never actually said she committed suicide they just ruled out foul play for reasons that are unfathomable to much of the public - now they may have evidence say a suicide note but they have not released it or much else that would explain their opinion. Maybe they have a suicide note or a report of someone seeing her jumping if so they haven't told the public.

If you asked LE is it possible Mariam was around the area alive after September 14th they would agree that is possible they actually said that at the news conference announcing the DNA results. LE found very little evidence almost none they were the ones emphasizing that time and time again so I am not sure it is true there is lots of evidence. They found her remains well actually the public did. That is about all they ever had they said time and time again they had never had a case like this where they had no evidence. Just a skeleton and her clothes beneath a bridge but in a space metres from an area a car could drive in and dump a body.

I don't detect any malice by this poster.. I am still interested just in case LM moved back to Erskine in 2009. I do think this poster is wrong about the dates but we don't know yet where LM lived in at various dates. But LM did live on Erskine 3 minutes from where her backpack was found. So maybe the poster is right and he moved back to Erskine that is what we are trying to figure out. If he lived on Erskine or indeed in Toronto in Fall 2009 I am certain the police will have another look at the case.

There have been cases before where police moved from suicide to homicide it happened in at least one case in the unfortunately named SFK deaths of young men. And the Coroner's report is not yet in let's see what they say. It is tough to get evidence from a skeleton that is why the murder of that poor 15 year old Sri Lankan girl in Toronto was never solved even though police are certain, absolutely certain who did it.

If we can speculate about a corpse in the Bois de Bologne then we can speculate about other cases closer to where he actually lived for more than three days. There are other cold cases in Toronto one of someone who police thought had a visitor for sex in his office late at night.

By the way Bois de Bologne at night - there are many many prostitutes on the roads beside the park so it would make sense LM could go there to make cash and ply his other trade. Yes he should be investigated for this case in the Bois and let the experts decide about the rate of decomp etc.

:what:
When I Google searched to find a fitting picture of a Jun Lin memorial, I was beyond shocked at some of the images that popped up. Yes, my filters are set to "adult" levels, but for the love of all that's holy, I haven't watched that video and I will never watch it, and I certainly didn't want to see images like that simply from Googling the man's name.

Cannot imagine what his family must be going through. :(

That is horrible! I googled to see what would come up and not good! Not good at all! I hope they can clean that up....also why when you google JL does a million pics of LM come up??!

I don't find Matthew Hays article the least bit insightful or profound. His empathy for the victim is cursory at best...and for him to post a link of the murder video over his facebook only underscores the point. He reduces gay culture to perjoratives that are not unique to gay culture but reflect the overall problems of present day Western cultures. This error only serves to perpetuate stereotypes onto gays who have enough struggles to just be safe to be who they are. Mr. Hays is flippant throughout his article and I consider it profoundly ignorant.

Flippant though he may be, this reflects the attitude of many people and I cannot deny the articles honest narrative. If you read carefully, he posted the video before he knew what it was and was haunted by it once he knew it to be real and the story unraveled. Unfortunately as a frequenter of gay sites and as a gay man myself I can tell you what Mr. Hays does write is unfortunately too often accurate when it comes to gay youth culture. It's an often bleak, harsh and lonely world where good-hearted, lovable men like Lin Jun can become figuratively and literally victimized.

Is the article blunt? Perhaps... but in IMO it is profound in it's honesty. He doesn't sugar coat and in a world where people are bragging over Twitter that they have modified the now infamous video in such a way so as to play it on their Black Berries, it shows a remarkable amount of restraint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214