ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING GRAPHIC

I'm happy to say that the only thing I've ever used an electric carving knife on is a turkey. Does anyone know whether such a knife could but through a human thigh bone? I won't ask how you know, promise!

Ok....my husband has worked in the restaurant industry for years...now there is a home version of carving knives made for the public...most like the one most of us has for turkey ....then there is an industrial version one would use in a restaurant ...that one is not much bigger than the household one...but is heavy duty one with a good blade and could be used for what we are talking about. The turkey one could be used but would take a lot longer.

I've noticed several comments on here with regards to "why hide the knife/pick"? IMO he had to hide them. That studio apartment is really small and sparse. Even if you're tricking someone in S&M play you don't put knives and electric shears on top of the pillow! I still believe JL appears drugged in the video. He may have come over for something as a "let's meet and get to know each other" sort of visit, or for a hook up ...or for whatever. Once he was drugged to unconsciousness (or teetering in/out of it) he would be easily controlled. I believe there are post out there by LM whereby he asks if liquid morphine is the best way to knock out someone. Given his fascination with Karla Homolka I see it as very possible he used the template of drugging his victim first just as Karla/Paul did with her sister. Like I've said before, I think the puppy was used both to disarm JL and make him feel more comfortable/safe in the apartment. It was a good way to distract JL away from the creepy vibes that other's picked up on. Additionally I think the puppy was used as a big f-you to the animal rights groups on his trail, and as a means of making sure others knew it was him.

also, confirmed that (Case) Magnotta is in Sicily. So quite possible the name came from that connection rather than the Ripper game. Many Italians have the place of their birth as a name or surname (Romeo Salta's father is one such, btw), so a person with the surname Magnotta would be very likely to have had ancestors from Magnotta.

From the get go of this entire story with LM, I am still wondering where is LM's biological father. Did he have him at all in his life, at any point? When was the last time they spoke?

I think that is going to be detonating quite possibly. I think I know but obviously that identity is not something we want to mess with, get wrong, and I don't even know what the rules are here in regard to that, outing the father, identifying him. Best for the press to do it first?

Re: ECN's father--on this site he is considered a victim as well, as are the rest of his family. We will not ID him until MSM releases info.

I think that is going to be detonating quite possibly. I think I know but obviously that identity is not something we want to mess with, get wrong, and I don't even know what the rules are here in regard to that, outing the father, identifying him. Best for the press to do it first?

I believe that the rules are that we are not to sleuth/out innocent people. Which would include family members, such as his father.
My memory could be off, but I am pretty sure that is one of the rules here. When in doubt, check the forum rules :)

Hello friends I have been busy all day can anyone fill me in wrt to new developments or links I should read, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Do we know if Mr Magotta is in Canada yet?

I believe that the rules are that we are not to sleuth/out innocent people. Which would include family members, such as his father.
My memory could be off, but I am pretty sure that is one of the rules here. When in doubt, check the forum rules :)

Thanks makes sense. It is interesting: I don't think any of us have thought of one additional motive of this: to try to ruin the lives of his family. By way of comparison there was a woman who rented a room on Ossington in Toronto Toronto to James Earl Ray under an alias (He used three all taken from people living within three blocks of each other in Scarborough.)
She had to sell her house because so many media people and curiosity seekers bothered her, all of that trouble just for renting a room. What a nightmare for L.M.'s family yes they are victims.

Everything I've seen and heard about this guy since the story broke, gives me the impression that he was a bright, amazing soul. I suspect that jealousy, whether conscious or not, played a role in the murder. My heart goes out to the family. As phony as it might seem while examining a case like this from such a distance and never having met those involved, I do feel for his family.

p.s. Oops. Jun Lin. Sorry about that. I typed his name quickly...

I agree. I wish there was a way I could write a letter to his family. I heard there is sentiment in China that if he wasn't gay this wouldn't have happened. What a horrible thing to express. I wish I could comfort them with my words somehow. However, I have a lot of friends straight from China and they aren't very accepting of gays. But if they knew that the majority of the world doesn't look down on gays, and that we all see his son as a beautiful human, perhaps it would help? IDK...

I posted this over in the Mariam Makhniashvili thread as well, but LRM was living at an apartment on 88 Erskin Ave, Toronto in mid to late 2009, only a six minute walk from where Mariam disappeared (Sept 09). She was last seen riding a red mountain bike in the Roehampton Ave. and Redpath Ave. area. Curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214