ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should begin this reply by saying a huge THANK YOU to ynotdivein and the other awesome moderators for their much appreciated dedication to keeping WS a community that is a safe, respectful place for all of us to come together and do something important.

That being said, anyone who closely followed this thread (as an observer not posting) in the past 18 hours would agree that there were horrific personal attacks posted between members and, if not for awesome moderators, that might be the tone 24/7; thank goodness for wonderful mods.

Sorry for misunderstanding you. I missed all the crazy. The mods here are the best!

Prima: A huge thanks to you for (hopefully) getting this train back on the tracks (I really hope it gets back on track; while Ozzy singing about a crazy train is enjoyable, reading one is dreadful)...

That being said, I think you're spot-on with your thoughts/response above.

Re: the victims face being covered- I initially thought it might have been part of a sexual rouse by Magnotta but with no evidence connecting the innocent victim to such sexual interests I would concur with your thoughts.

Also, Prima would you agree that the recently discovered longer version of the video is likely not the complete unedited footage?
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

i cant imagine w/ his cool, calm and even keeled behavior that he was able to do everything in 15....no way....and that is not even including the difficulty in getting clean cuts, cleaning up, etc. what those extra 5min show must be identifying, thus the removal. He may have only filmed a total of 15....because if they were able to obtain a 15min version on his lappy, then there must not be a longer one....well not on that laptop....

just some thinking out loud....

I wish I could believe he were on drugs at the time. Its a real possibility. Still I am in doubt because to pull it all off he'd want to be able to not be so under the influence as to bungle his plan. Additionally, I am thinking this went on through the night and into the next day. When mailing the packages he would not want to draw attention to himself that those under the influence often do. I think its very possible that he could have been sober and operating under the absolute overflow of adrenalyn he may have felt as he approached what he knew would finally bring him the notariety he so longed for. Either way I can't get my head around it.

I could have sworn that in the beginning, when the police had their first couple of press conferences, that they had mentioned that they had viewed the raw video, and that it was nearly an hour long (much longer than the edited version that was posted online). I've gone back and re-read news articles, and can't find that part anywhere. Maybe I'm just so inundated with facts and fiction and blogs--that I'm on info overload!

I'm finding so much "mis"information, though, from other newspapers and news sites, it's quite pathetic! In the rush to get something out there, even names have been badly misspelled! And then, to top it off, *other* news sites have copied the bad information, rather than do their own research.
The alias Vladimir Radulov (supposed to be Vladimir Romanov).
:waitasec:
Sloppy...

i believe a member here (im sorry, dont remember who) said that their meaning of RAW didnt mean straight off the camera before converted to a movie format....but RAW as in GRAPHIC.....

as far as the timing....i cant remember.....i have a lot of bookmarks, but not all of them....

i cant imagine w/ his cool, calm and even keeled behavior that he was able to do everything in 15....no way....and that is not even including the difficulty in getting clean cuts, cleaning up, etc. what those extra 5min show must be identifying, thus the removal. He may have only filmed a total of 15....because if they were able to obtain a 15min version on his lappy, then there must not be a longer one....well not on that laptop....

just some thinking out loud....

With the generally accepted understanding that Magnotta loves to play games it is not hard for me to believe that he would have a second, seemingly "unedited" version of the video which was meant to be be discovered in plain site to keep people talking about his favorite person and the activities which fulfill him sexually.

It is hard for me to believe he does not have the complete unedited footage hidden in the cloud.

I wish I could believe he were on drugs at the time. Its a real possibility. Still I am in doubt because to pull it all off he'd want to be able to not be so under the influence as to bungle his plan. Additionally, I am thinking this went on through the night and into the next day. When mailing the packages he would not want to draw attention to himself that those under the influence often do. I think its very possible that he could have been sober and operating under the absolute overflow of adrenalyn he may have felt as he approached what he knew would finally bring him the notariety he so longed for. Either way I can't get my head around it.

yeah, being on drugs would be a great defense for himself....."the drugs made me do it"...

however, being around enough people on various drugs (ive never even smoked a ciggy)....he was so incredibly cool, calm and collected....if anything he was on some xanax or something like that...

but he just seemed too much in control of himself for me to think he was on something....

again, this makes me think on his defense....WHAT will his defense be? i dont mean guilty/not guilty...i mean, how will his defense be presented.....

With the generally accepted understanding that Magnotta loves to play games it is not hard for me to believe that he would have a second, seemingly "unedited" version of the video which was meant to be be discovered in plain site to keep people talking about his favorite person and the activities which fulfill him sexually.

It is hard for me to believe he does not have the complete unedited footage hidden in the cloud.

well i too believe that he would have filmed EVERYTHING.....
and like you said, there are plenty of places to upload a vid directly from a cam and it never be on your laptop....even a jump drive....and yes clouds....

but if LE has a 15min version, i dont believe he would have everything on it. unless he did further editing and showed the worst of the worst in those 5 min cutting out the unnecessary stuff...

I believe that anyone who sees that video is a victim. I can't even fathom what JL's family is going through. The likelihood that the video will remain online indefinitely is torture to his loved ones. I don't see it getting completely removed off the net at this point and sadly I would bet there are many, many twisted others out there that have downloaded a copy onto their computers. Our cultural values/mores have not kept pace with technological advancement. Personal rights and freedoms at times seem at odds with what is just and sane. No one wants to have the government dictate what they can say or see online, yet nobody would want to be JL's family either.

If his stories of childhood abuse, sexual and otherwise, are true, it is possible he is a master of dissassociation, in which case, I can see him being able to pull this off sober. He could probably stand just outside himself while he was doing the worst of it. BTW, I am NOT suggesting he has a 'split personality'. I don't believe that to be a true phenomena to begin with, but his empty eyes tells me he is able to distance himself from his emotions.

BBM

Since reading your use of the word bungle I have not been able to stop thinking about the hilarious Mr. Bungle educational films from the 50s that were shown on PeeWee's Playhouse in the late-80's (yep, I'm a dork).

Anyway since we could all use a good laugh:
Don't Be Like Mr. Bungle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XGG1NouAzg

If anyone watches the video: Is Luka more likely to be like Mr Bungle or not so much??? :floorlaugh:

If his stories of childhood abuse, sexual and otherwise, are true, it is possible he is a master of dissassociation, in which case, I can see him being able to pull this off sober. He could probably stand just outside himself while he was doing the worst of it. BTW, I am NOT suggesting he has a 'split personality'. I don't believe that to be a true phenomena to begin with, but his empty eyes tells me he is able to distance himself from his emotions.
BBM

Well Luka IS known for his honesty... :floorlaugh:

Jeanne hope ur Saturday is swell and you're doing well.

Jeanne, I agree with that possibility. Trauma and/or abuse in childhood can deaden empathy/compassion/emotional range. When you add to that his life of prostitution, it likely exacerbated his inabilities to feel. Hence his increasingly odd presentation that results because of his emotional emptiness. This is all consistant with psychopathy and that ice cold stare so often described.

BBM

Well Luka IS known for his honesty... :floorlaugh:

Jeanne hope ur Saturday is swell and you're doing well.

<laughing> well, I DID preface it with saying IF ;)

It's going well indeed, HastingsChi. I took a little break from ALL THINGS LUKA, but just couldn't stay away from all you fascinating people with your multi-faceted theories! :D

yeah, being on drugs would be a great defense for himself....."the drugs made me do it"...

however, being around enough people on various drugs (ive never even smoked a ciggy)....he was so incredibly cool, calm and collected....if anything he was on some xanax or something like that...

but he just seemed too much in control of himself for me to think he was on something....

again, this makes me think on his defense....WHAT will his defense be? i dont mean guilty/not guilty...i mean, how will his defense be presented.....

Manny made him do it?

I desperately hope that Magnotta was not sober when he did this because I really don't want to believe that there are monsters in the world that could commit such horrors completely sober/clean...

Amen to that!

On another note...

1. It was said that JL was reported missing the 29th by his boyfriend. But if JL had a boyfriend at that time, why go home with a random stranger ( assuming that they've never met eachother )? That doesn't make any scene to me. Ofcourse you can sketch out various scenario's about it, maybe a product of when coincidence and fate meet anything is possible?

2. Regarding the dog. What IF there was a 2nd perp and it was his/hers dog? Then it seems plausible that this dog isn't found or noticed anywhere. And also why there are no reports of LRM having a dog lately.

:seeya:

<laughing> well, I DID preface it with saying IF ;)

It's going well indeed, HastingsChi. I took a little break from ALL THINGS LUKA, but just couldn't stay away from all you fascinating people with your multi-faceted theories! :D

I know you did jeanne, I was just being a goose...

Regarding multifaceted theories, I still maintain my theory that it was Professor Plum in the Library with the Candlestick... no one seems to be jumping on my theory's bandwagon... :waitasec:

I agree jeanne-- I really appreciate when the thoughts that another person shares here causes us to question our own concepts and be able to better understand things from a different perspective.

Just piping up to say, when I think "luka" I still picture that one doctor from ER that went to kosovo or somewhere at the end of the series.

he was my fav...Dr. Luka Kova&#269;

mmm Goran Visnjic :cheer:

AND sadly i think he was sober when he did it

Did you guys ever discuss the Manny he is following on Twitter?
I don't think it's a real person? I think he created him?

LM has sooo many lies floating on the net that he's impeached himself before he gets to the court room. IMO if there were a "Manny" defense he would have to have evidence of that, including Manny being there during the murder. If LM is shown to be a liar, which won't be hard, then all his claims about Manny that are not supported by evidence, become tainted and less credible. I would not be surprised if he takes the stand given all the spotlight he wants. If he does I feel it will be for the salaciousness and not that he really cares that he will get raked over the coals with evidence and his lies. I feel very sorry for his defense attorney. This is a very hard case to defend...morally and legally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr