ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just chiming in here with a couple of unrelated thoughts / questions that i'm pondering:

Does anyone think LE has ruled out the other men ahead of LRM in the airport security video as being acquaintances or travelling companions of LRM? (Reason i ask is the LRM Twitter account was following a fellow who is similar in appearance to one of them and he lives in France.)

On another note, has anyone given any thought to WHY LRM left Paris to go to Berlin, and WHERE he may have been heading had he not been arrested in Berlin?

The airport video is a very good idea! If the Canadian police didn't think of it, I'm sure Interpol did. They are probably very used to airport video and what all to look for, because they are so international.

I think Eric was going underground in Berlin, maybe, because it sounds like he could find a scene where he thought he might blend in.

Otherwise, I think he really may have been going to Russia or the Ukraine. That wouldn't make a lot of sense, but Paris makes zero sense and sounds like a pure fantasy. So it'd be: Paris! Berlin! Red Square! Maybe Italy in there somewhere, because of his fascination with sexy Italy, too.

He seems as if he was trying to playboy it out as long as he could in cities he wanted to see and just expected to get caught whenever, imho.

I think he wanted a wild goose chase. I don't think he expected to be caught so soon. Especially not before his second round of packages arrived. In my opinion, he wanted to drag it out. Extend his new-found attention as long as he could.

From police reports, the video they have is a RAW (unedited) film of the murder with original audio. Lin Jun is the victim. He was alive at the beginning of the film and at the end he is being sliced and eaten. Chances are that there is no question that he is the victim.

He may have agreed to the film production and he may have agreed to being tied up, but shortly after being tied up he appeared to be playful, coy and seductive. Clearly he did not intend to die that night. At the end, we have a suitcase with a torso. Eric Newman can plead whatever he wants ... but he is not going to be released ever again. There is no question that he and the victim had contact prior to the murder.

As an aside, I'm surprised at how many people want to discuss the salacious details of the murder. To see how mundane it is, read James Marrison. The Mark Twitchells and Eric Newmans of the world are nothing new ... sick, twisted, movie making wannabes ... and who really cares what made them who they are today

He did not appear that way to me at all.He appeared confused,drugged,moving in slow motion to me.
I just wanted to add that I do think it's a possibility that he was tied up willingly but I don't think that would make hsi death less tragic or sad.I just see so many posts that are outraged when it is suggested that Lin Jun was willing to be tied up.Nobody's perfect and we don't know how commited or open his realtionship with his boyfriend was.I do believe he was drugged but nevertheless IMO he had every right to be in LM's apartement to do whatever he pleased.....

He did not appear that way to me at all.He appeared confused,drugged,moving in slow motion to me.
I just wanted to add that I do think it's a possibility that he was tied up willingly but I don't think that would make hsi death less tragic or sad.I just see so many posts that are outraged when it is suggested that Lin Jun was willing to be tied up.Nobody's perfect and we don't know how commited or open his realtionship with his boyfriend was.I do believe he was drugged but nevertheless IMO he had every right to be in LM's apartement to do whatever he pleased.....

... without getting killed.

Sri Lanka: I was talking about Sharmini Anandavel. Technically unsolved because they only had skeleton remains but her suspected killer is now in the dangerous offender programme because of another crime. It wasn't a reference to Mariam.

Someone here said Bois de Boulogne I have been to Vincennes once but daytime so I do not know if there is that kind of traffic there.

About Sharmini Anandavel: I don't know the case and as you were talking about Mariam in your post I thought it was her you were calling a Sri Lankan girl. Just ignore my comment then.

About the Bois de Vincennes (and I confirm again that the body parts have been found there and anyone who said in was in the Bois de Boulogne obviously got mixed up): yes there are prostitutes too. Actually, prostitutes are present in almost every parks or woods in Paris. But the Bois de Boulogne is best known for this. It's a seedy area at night and there are many transsexual prostitutes, voyeurs and dodgy people. In the Bois de Vincennes, prostitution takes place mostly in vans and prostitutes are said to be older (in general) and, as you said, from Africa. That's why I doubt that LM went there to make money. First, I think he would rather know of the Bois de Boulogne as a place to sell his body, second he doesn't "fit the profile" of the Bois de Vincennes prostitutes and finally, I don't see him standing in the night trying to find a client. I think he would have done this online.

Here is an interesting link about prostitution in Paris : http://www.brain-magazine.com/article/reportages/3315-Cartographie-de-la-Prostitution-Parisienne

And a link about the body parts : http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/fait...-humain-trouve-dans-le-bois-de-vincennes.html

QUESTIONS:

1. I haven't watched the video but I have read what you guys have posted. So, is LRM's face visible in the video? I've read so much about 'a hood'.

2. Is LRM's voice clear in the video? If so, LE can get him via voice recognition.

3. Now, if neither the face nor voice is seen/heard in the video, how can LE prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he did the murder?

4. Are we certain LRM acted alone in the killing? Was someone else in the room with him (other than the victim)?

Thanks.

I think he wanted a wild goose chase. I don't think he expected to be caught so soon. Especially not before his second round of packages arrived. In my opinion, he wanted to drag it out. Extend his new-found attention as long as he could.

Completely agree. I think he wanted people to link the video to him... eventually (hence the focus on the Casablanca photo in the video); but I don't think he expected the police to be searching his apartment within days of him leaving the country. I think he got arrogant since he had been tracked by animal rights activists for so long, but had faced no legal repercussions.

LRM did not expect the suitcase (with torso) to be found outside his apartment; that was supposed to be cleared with the garbage. That slip up meant that police linked the packages in Ottawa to his apartment very quickly; and once you have his apartment, you have the apartment video surveillance linking LRM to the suitcase.

He was hoping for a drawn out cat and mouse "catch me if you can" game, as he did with animal rights activists for years; but it was over in a week.

QUESTIONS:

1. I haven't watched the video but I have read what you guys have posted. So, is LRM's face visible in the video? I've read so much about 'a hood'.

2. Is LRM's voice clear in the video? If so, LE can get him via voice recognition.

3. Now, if neither the face nor voice is seen/heard in the video, how can LE prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he did the murder?

4. Are we certain LRM acted alone in the killing? Was someone else in the room with him (other than the victim)?

Thanks.

I haven't seen the video, but from what I understand, you can not see his face or hear his voice. And it is unknown if there was somebody else with him.

LE don't have to prove their case beyond a shadow of a doubt... just beyond reasonable doubt.

They recovered LM's computer and found a 15 minute version of the video, which didn't have the music in place, so you could hear the background noises. It is possible that in this version of the video, LM can be identified by either face or voice, or that perhaps the victim said LM's name. LE won't give us this information, though. They also say they claimed "other files", but won't say what they are.

The fact that this stuff was on LM's computer is quite compelling evidence against the accused. Based on what little information we have to go on, plus the fact that LM's apartment was the crime scene, and he fled the country... in my opinion, any doubt about the guilt of the accused is... unreasonable.

:moo:

QUESTIONS:

Thanks.

1. No face. 2. Think you hear music and 2 sneezes. 3. Other evidence besides the video, itself. 4. No one here could possibly know that based on everything I've read and there seems to be much debate on this. But nothing definitively shows there was anyone else but the person in the video. So if the evidence that LE has other than the video shows that there was only one person involved and that person is LM, then we can assume the person criminal in the video is LM.

QUESTIONS:

Thanks.

Good Morning! I haven't watched the video, but my understanding is:

1. His face is not fully visible.

2. In the edited version, I believe music is playing. No voice or voices are heard, but people said they heard a sneeze or sneezes. In the longer version the police have, there is no music playing and ambient sound can be heard. So maybe in that version, a voice or voices can be heard?

3. IMO, there is more than enough evidence that LM did this without being able to see his face or hear his voice. It happened in his apartment, he fled, DNA (which I'm sure they have), his online activity before the murder, CCTV of him mailing boxes....etc., etc.

4. It seems the general consensus is that he did this alone.

Many thanks to all of you for your responses! I suppose as time draws closer to his extradition back to Canada, I'm getting worried that he'll get off on a technicality/whatever.

BTW: For those of you who enjoy reading and wish to learn more about Canadian law.....a good writer to read is Robert Rotenberg, a criminal lawyer from Toronto. I'm reading one of his books now (Stray Bullets) and in the book we learn a great deal about how LE and the criminal justice system works here.

:jail:

。。。。。
why can't i see the latest reply....
testing.....

I've been out of town for a bit. Have they found the other body parts yet?

GRAPHIC

whether or not he was dead before the neck was sliced is impossible to know [for us] at this point....

however, if he slowly sliced the neck, there would be little to no blood spatter....but the neck was sliced on the bed...the evidence of massive amounts of blood beneath and soaked thru the mattress shows this....

with that said, we dont know the steps and precautions he took when slicing the neck....did he put a bag over the head/neck and do it? was it a turkey carver type knife?

we already know parts of the body was at one point in the bathroom due to pieces of skin/blood being found by cleaners....so clearly any mess he made on himself was cleaned up...his hands remained clean the entire time he is seen on the vid....

im also curious, because i cant remember.....did LE search the landfill of where the trash was taken....how much evidence was thrown away and taken away and now being burried amongst all the other trash?

I don't recall reading about searching the landfill, though in one of the earlier press releases, the police did say they spent 18 (or 16?) hours sifting through bags of garbage.

As we've been sleuthing for weeks, learning about his most-complex one-man-band cult of personality and had in-depth discussions about the 'Look At Me' moment [or culture] which Magnotta and those using this case to attempt to have their own moment in the spotlight thrive on.

When I read the following article, I immediately thought of our discussions of this topic:

From the Billings Gazette
Authorities say hitchhiker shot himself
http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/montana-authorities-say-hitchhiker-shot-himself/article_726e35cc-63b1-5dc5-ad4c-3843a50bbbbd.html

A West Virginia man who claimed to be the victim of a drive-by shooting along a rural Montana highway while working on a memoir called “Kindness in America” has confessed to shooting himself, authorities said Friday.

Valley County sheriff’s officials said they believe 39-year-old Ray Dolin shot himself as a desperate act of self-promotion, but they offered no further details.

You know about a hand and foot being sent to two separate schools? The head has not been found.

Thanks, I did know about the head and foot being sent to schools, but was wondering about the head and remaining hand and foot. Those have to show up eventually.

Thanks, I did know about the head and foot being sent to schools, but was wondering about the head and remaining hand and foot. Those have to show up eventually.

There is only the head remaining (the first hand and foot were sent to the PM's office and liberal headquarters office).

is there any way they have it on surveillance camera who,when mailed the packages

since we cannot exactly trace LM movements but they know the point of post/time of thoses packages{and were they all mailed at the same time/office/payment method-its strange that they were delivered so far apart in time}
also he had to have some money to do that ...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse