ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the monster is confined to a cage and will soon be extradited to Canada and put on trial for the murder of Jun/Justin Lin, today I am beginning to examine how and why Luka Rocco Magnotta was able to initially gain media attention and why, with no notable accomplishments, he continued to garner media attention.

When I linked to and viewed the 10 minute Naked News interview from 2007 I was perplexed. The Naked News is a well known website that in the past received over 6 million unique viewers per month, a feature story on such a site is something that anyone in the adult entertainment industry would yearn to achieve. How and why would Magnotta, who was not well known within the adult film industry or even viewed or generated a buzz which had him discussed as "someone to watch", garner this attention?

I'm beginning to research Magnotta's early media attention, including but not limited to mainstream media, GLBT media, adult industry-specific news and/or blog sites and local media. I hope to establish a clear timeline of Magnotta's earlier years so we can understand why he became someone who could walk into a major UK media outlet or major Toronto news organization and be deemed as someone they should care about.

I think it is important to note that I do not wish to focus on attention he received after he was publicly outed as the likely kitten killer, I think that coverage speaks for itself. However I DO find it important to include coverage of Magnotta after he was outed as the likely kitten killer that did not mention or refer to the crimes against animals (to me there is something very telling about those).

Regarding the media visibility related to Karla Homolka: We are well aware of the coverage Magnotta received in relation to this, I feel that it is important to understand WHY he his claims and/or speculation about a LM/KH relationship was taken seriously.

Magnotta's own writings, plagiarisms on his own blogs, etc should NOT be included in this project.

That being said, this is a big project which I hope will allow us to answer many still unanswered questions, I would be thrilled if anyone might be willing to assist with and/or collaborate with me on the development of this examination of Magnotta & the Media (The Early Appearances/Non-Kitten Killer Appearances).

Note to Mods: I would ask for your guidance on how this should move forward-- Might it merit its own thread? Should it be developed in the other facts only thread? Thanks, in advance, for your thoughtful feedback.

For any American legal minds out there... what would happen IF the hollywood murder that happened in January was eventually linked and proven to be one of his deeds. Would the U.S. go after him for this and how would it work in the judicial system for things happening here in Canada. I understand the most he can get here in Canada is 25 years BUT if he were also found to be the individual in the hollywood murder how would that play out and would he be sent to the U.S. to stand trial after 25 years????

Actually he can get more than 25 years here in Canada.

He can get Life with no parole for 25 years but then gets
evaluated for Parole every so often.

Parole is not mandatory,

Parole is not automatically granted when inmates become eligible.

Because an offender is eligible for parole does not mean that it will be granted. In fact, PBC denies full parole to approximately six out of ten offenders at their first parole review date.

The law gives PBC absolute discretion in decisions to grant or deny parole. In arriving at a decision, Board Members consider the risk that the offender may present to society if released and determine if, and to what extent, that risk can be managed in the community. The protection of society is the overriding consideration in any release decision.

So I remember Justin Ling saying to check out an article from him this morning. I couldn't find that, but I did find an article Justin wrote on May 31st

http://www.xtra.ca/public/National/Source_recounts_dating_murder_suspect_Luka_Magnotta-12084.aspx

Justin, I hope you log on today...are you able to tell us if "Julie" was Nina A.? There's details in this article about her time with LM that I don't remember hearing before.

ETA: Nevermind, in the comment section of article this is answered. Julie is NOT Nina A. So now there's a new claim from LM of incest with his mother. And interesting he wouldn't kiss her on the lips. Hmmm

I'm sorry but how does that rule him out to being any of the internet troll? He was in the cafe for over an hour and half which is a long time to have been on just one site. The interviews I have read were that the employee kept walking back and forth and saw he was on a french site, youtube sites, a police site and a site for applying (or making) a passport.

Another reason I believe at least one of the account is him is because he has done this before. People have been tracking him for 2 years since the kitten video's, he did exactly the same after those video's surfaced, hit the net with numerous alias's defending "Luka".

The main reason I am of the opinion that the majority of the trolls were not Luka is because so many people now know his M.O and it wouldn't be hard to 'fake' him for laughs. I noticed that as soon as suspicious YouTube aliases began being discussed in this forum and the other, the YouTube trolls swelled in number. I really think there are some sick twisted people out there who were getting their kicks from the 'excitement' of the onine sleuths.

Lets hope Canadian LE get there first! Yikes!! They can't just release the monster, can they??

LE released Antoinette Davis, Jerice Hunter, Casey Anthony.......

AD is back in prison awaiting trial, but she did walk free for a while.

JH is free as a bird and pregnant again, to boot.

and CA. Ugh.

So, it's been known to happen. :what:

One thing I would like to point out is that we know LM knew about the Deep Web (Tor).

We know this because on many of his sock puppet account on the 15th May he was promoting the video before the murder even took place. In these he mentioned the video was floating around the Deep Web, obviously it wasn't because the murder hadn't even taken place but it shows he knew about it.

Also on the 21st December, under 1 of his alas's cutelittlenemo1 he posted a .onion address and asked what the best and quickest sedative was:

http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/valium/TBBFGU842GGREI00N/p6

"What is the best type of sedative? I think liquid morphine is extremely quick , it doesnt take much time for the effects to start kicking in.

kpvz7ki2v5agwt35.onion
cutelittlenemo1 @mail.ru"

Also I have read in one of the interviews from the employee at the Internet Cafe where he was caught said that he was on a site for getting [fake] passports. I also read somewhere else he asked him if he could print one off (although I haven't seen confirmation myself about this). The Deep Web is notorious for things like this I believe, fake ID, fake passports etc.

I am willing to bet there is a wealth of information posted by him on the Deep Web that we don't know about. The troubleis finding that stuff, it's a dark place and the anonymity will make it very very hard finding anything.

I never should have stepped away yesterday. Now I'm a thread and a half behind. I've seen some posters saying that some of the photoalbums have changed?

I don't even want to consider that he has someone out there helping him even after his arrest. Did anyone ever identify or locate his friend that was with him at the bar/pub/whatever it was in Paris?

LE released Antoinette Davis, Jerice Hunter, Casey Anthony.......

AD is back in prison awaiting trial, but she did walk free for a while.

JH is free as a bird and pregnant again, to boot.

and CA. Ugh.

So, it's been known to happen. :what:

All of the above are American criminals I am assuming? Here in Canada we have the 'dangerous offender" catagory which ensures those so labeled never see freedom again. Paul Bernardo is one, for example. I am betting, with the horrific details of this crime that Luka will also be labeled as such. I'm not a lawyer, but I just can't see how he can get off with that video as evidence, along with the blood splattered apartment. Kill shot or not, he is clearly implicated in the death of this young man.

I never should have stepped away yesterday. Now I'm a thread and a half behind. I've seen some posters saying that some of the photoalbums have changed?

I don't even want to consider that he has someone out there helping him even after his arrest. Did anyone ever identify or locate his friend that was with him at the bar/pub/whatever it was in Paris?

The photobucket account I believe is not by Luka or anyone in favour of him, its by one of the groups who have been tracking him for 2 years since the kitten video's. They were gathering pictures of him to prove the kitten killer was him and posting them in that photobucket account.

LM tossed out the torso in his backyard, I'm thinking the ice pick he used was in that bag with the torso, his prints all over that bag too. Police I bet has other evidence we won't know until trial. LM has a proven record of being sloppy with leaving evidence behind so this tells me he left that apartment pretty quickly and didn't have any thought of hiding evidence.

No, NMK, it was a misunderstanding. It had something to do with the settings of the album. It got resolved...nothing was changed. Also, I believe the Photobucket account in question was actually one set up by the group FGJ to compile known pictures of him.

I am so grateful that this person is off of the streets
He can't hurt anyone else

I am going to put my faith in the Canadian justice system
Don't let me down

@HastingsChi:

I think that even prior to the kitten notoriety, LM was the Phoebe Price of the Canadian z list.

He just wanted to be famous and it didn't matter how pathetic, and eventually evil, he became in his quest, just as long as somebody was talking about him.

It's the Emperor's New Clothes.

LM? Oh, yes! He's that guy that KH had an affair with and they have a baby! No! They are MARRIED and have 6 babies! Really? I heard LM was the *advertiser censored* son of KH and PB! OMG, really? But LM is such a famous *advertiser censored* star and male model, just look at his fan site! LM, LM, LM, LM.

Pretty soon, he actually is a little famous because people have seen so much of this, they actually think they OUGHT to know who the SOB is.

I know that's not exactly what you were pondering, but I was sort of spitballing with what you mentioned about being on NakedNews, etc.

Sorry if I am waaaaay off! lol more coffee!

Ok, I got it now. Thanks for the answer.

I was worried this morning...didn't realize that thread 4 was pulled for review, and so I tried to refresh it to catch up...of course, I got the "you don't have permission" message. For a minute there, I thought my own venom towards the troll got me in trouble.

plus the Deep Web seems to be a dangerous place.. you have to glue something in front of your Webcam, cos apparently you're being watched when you click on certain links by either the FBI or some psychos who may want to track you down if you checked out something you shouldn't be seeing. Loads of Trojans, Worms, Hackers, Hitmen and the worst of all CP. I'd only recommend people who know about and are experts in staying anonymous with your PC to check it out, because I think there's probably loads of stuff from Luka and maybe even accomplices (the article posted above stated he was staying with friends in Berlin). So who knows.. maybe someone from Anonymous or whatever could check it out haha

here are some YT Link concering the Deep Web:

The Deep Web : Drugs + Murder - YouTube

Let's go on the Deep Web : Tor + Hidden Wiki - YouTube

What's in The Hidden/Deep Web - YouTube < best one (Part 1)

Whats in the Hidden Web Part II - YouTube < (Part 2)

and an explanation video: Exploring the Deep Web - YouTube

I think his testimony is legitimate. I heard his testimony right after the foot was found. He said that Magnotta was having a "bad hair day" He may have embellished it though, because I remember him saying that they were just friendly neighbors that didn't know each other that well. He said that he had mentioned to him that he played a murderer in that movie. I don't believe he said they were in one another's house. I thought he said it was outside. I never got the impression that this conversation was after the murder. It is known though that DK saw Magnotta after the murder. That is when he made the "bad hair day" statement.

In these threads we've previously discussed that since the news of this crime broke, a plethora of worthless individuals began posting on various sites to create the illusion that they were Magnotta in a desperate attempt to be a part of a major global news story and/or garner their own 15 minutes.

In the "Look At Me! Look At Me!" or "Let's Make This About Me" environment that social media has fostered it is troubling when people essentially step over a body to make it all about themselves... A great example from the Toronto Sun: Magnotta inspired by slasher flick? http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/04/magnotta-inspired-by-slasher-flick

I find it troubling that someone desperate to once again achieve fame and hasn't appeared in film/TV since 1985 is focused on making himself the center of attention...

LM tossed out the torso in his backyard, I'm thinking the ice pick he used was in that bag with the torso, his prints all over that bag too. Police I bet has other evidence we won't know until trial. LM has a proven record of being sloppy with leaving evidence behind so this tells me he left that apartment pretty quickly and didn't have any thought of hiding evidence.

This is why I sort of doubt that he was responsible for other murders. He made no attempt to hide evidence and didn't have a well thought out plan of escape. He's just not that smart. I think that he wants people to believe he's a serial killer based on his sock puppet accounts, just like he wanted people to believe that he was a *advertiser censored* star and a successful model. IDK

All of the above are American criminals I am assuming? Here in Canada we have the 'dangerous offender" catagory which ensures those so labeled never see freedom again. Paul Bernardo is one, for example. I am betting, with the horrific details of this crime that Luka will also be labeled as such. I'm not a lawyer, but I just can't see how he can get off with that video as evidence, along with the blood splattered apartment. Kill shot or not, he is clearly implicated in the death of this young man.

Ahh, but Canada isn't the one that would be releasing him at midnight. Germany has him.

Anyway, I don't think it'll happen, and I really don't know how Germany treats situations like this. I just wanted to mention that sometimes the legalities actually allow a suspect to walk free while LE scrambles to find a way to get them back behind bars.

@HastingsChi:

I think that even prior to the kitten notoriety, LM was the Phoebe Price of the Canadian z list.

He just wanted to be famous and it didn't matter how pathetic, and eventually evil, he became in his quest, just as long as somebody was talking about him.

It's the Emperor's New Clothes.

LM? Oh, yes! He's that guy that KH had an affair with and they have a baby! No! They are MARRIED and have 6 babies! Really? I heard LM was the *advertiser censored* son of KH and PB! OMG, really? But LM is such a famous *advertiser censored* star and male model, just look at his fan site! LM, LM, LM, LM.

Pretty soon, he actually is a little famous because people have seen so much of this, they actually think they OUGHT to know who the SOB is.

I know that's not exactly what you were pondering, but I was sort of spitballing with what you mentioned about being on NakedNews, etc.

Sorry if I am waaaaay off! lol more coffee!

Thanks for your thoughts FrayedKnot, I appreciate and agree with your comments.

What I am attempting to do is develop a compilation of all his media attention from his first and showcase for us how Erik Newman became THE Luka Rocco Magnotta. I think the results of this project will be quite telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88