ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that is the "latest" if you will (I posted a link in the timeline thread that has a direct quote from LE saying he was in LA during the murder and they are investigating)

:moo:

eta: it was the LA times that reported this yesterday.. (that there is no connection)... but the reports that came out today are different

That's weird, this article was just released and updated less than an hour ago from the CBC.

CBC News

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 4:34 PM ET

Last Updated: Jun 7, 2012 4:42 PM ET

I'm still suspicious since there are conflicting stories and I went to L.A. Times and didn't find any recent story about Medellin at all.

That's weird, this article was just released and updated less than an hour ago from the CBC.

CBC News

I'm still suspicious since there are conflicting stories and I went to L.A. Times and didn't find any recent story about Medellin at all.
the news is just hitting the states right now (abc, talk radio, etc).... I am suspicious too.... I don't think they will be able to connect him to anything until they get him back to Canada and take his DNA for comparison... Hopefully the LA case has some perp DNA.....

"The killers in each case also appear to be seeking some publicity. Medellin's killer placed his head near the Hollywood sign, guaranteeing discovery. Montreal police confirm that Magnotta is the man seen killing, dismembering and eating his victim in a video posted on line. "

bbm

I am relieved to read this. I hope this means that there is no question that he will be convicted. It seems LE has a whole lot of evidence.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...rike-hollywood/story?id=16519380#.T9Ebpb9hqGp

did you read the mcleans article someone posted earlie about the photographer who worked with im in montreal last year? the way he described LM posing instantly made me think of zoolander

I was wondering days ago if ben stiller will be able to bring his Zoolander character back ling enough to do the made for TV movie

This article is one hour old on ABC, saying the investigation between Medellin and Magnotta is still open

http://abcnews.go.com/International...a-magnotta-strike-hollywood/story?id=16519380

It also quotes some of his posts, which I am not sure I've seen before (sorry if it was already posted but I don't recall)
However, posts on one of several Facebook accounts attributed to Magnotta, and which bears his name, date from February and suggest he was in Los Angeles at the time. In those bulletins, first discovered by the New York Observer, the poster appears to be arranging appointments to offer massages and includes a phone number with an L.A. area code.

"Raymond and I are doing massages at his place on La Bra, pick me up at his place after we're done and we'll go out. I NEED A JOINT," reads one post, dated Feb. 19.

CBC News

It seems maybe Montreal LE are giving out more info then the LA police?

The only problem with this is that there may be some evidence that he was indeed on medication for schizophrenia. I am trying to confirm that though.

How will you confirm that? Curious. With our privacy laws up here, it would be difficult to get his "real" medical records. You may get many fake ones though. lol

CBC News

"The California force requested information about Magnotta's whereabouts during the so-called Hollywood Hills murder case earlier this year, when severed hands, feet and a head where found near the Hollywood sign."

Earlier this year?!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/06/07/magnotta-los-angeles-police-body-parts.html

"The California force requested information about Magnotta's whereabouts during the so-called Hollywood Hills murder case earlier this year, when severed hands, feet and a head where found near the Hollywood sign."

Earlier this year?!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/06/07/magnotta-los-angeles-police-body-parts.html

I think the "earlier this year" references the Hollywood murder, not the time that the request was made. My reaction was initially the same, though!

This article is four hours old. It says they are still moving forward with Magnotta and the Medellin case.

If Magnotta was responsible for the Hollyood murder I am sure there are pictures or video of the event and if that is the case why hasn't he posted them online? Even editing in still shots to a older video of himself, it wouldn't take that long.

How will you confirm that? Curious. With our privacy laws up here, it would be difficult to get his "real" medical records. You may get many fake ones though. lol

apparently LM had posted on his Myspace blog that he took a known med for schizophrenia....however, the myspace account has been deleted....

Eric filled the internet with fiction ... why believe the "stories" he concocted about his childhood.

True. I have never taken his childhood stories as gospel truth. However, whatever the mind believes, the body will react to as though it IS true. So if his PERCEPTION was that an event was unfair, humiliating, traumatizing, etc., the end result is the same as though it DID happen the way he IMAGINED it.

Best example I ever saw personally was a 16 year old boy who, on recounting in detail the trauma of seeing a terrible accident at the age of 10, broke out in sweat, got nauseous, and eventually broke down crying. He was specific about it had given him phobias, nightmares, and changed his life. Darn thing was that he WASNT EVEN THERE when the accident happened, he was far away. He only experienced it second hand from hearing a person retell the details. It didn't matter; it had already affected his life by the age of 16. Convincing him that he did not actually witness this accident was hard work. In the end, it really didn't even matter much as his mind and body had "integrated" this falsehood as though he was there (hearing the screams, seeing the blood, etc). His post traumatic stress symptoms were as real as any I've ever seen.

Sometimes the most effective therapy is getting a person to "reframe" their own story and see it from a different perspective.

Too late for Eric Newman. :( I'd say the fella holds a mighty grudge.

I was wondering days ago if ben stiller will be able to bring his Zoolander character back ling enough to do the made for TV movie

Good one!! The likeness is almost spot on. I wonder if Luka can turn left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member