Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe Paulus had some guilt over what happened to Natalee - not enough to do the right thing, but some. If anyone remembers seeing the video of Greta with Beth Twitty when they went to the VanderSloot house the video clearly shows a profusely sweating Paulus. I do hope he rests in Peace, but also agree that he should haunt his son until he does the right thing. I wonder if the strain of what happened took a physical toll on him- seems like maybe it did. Oh well, I wish only peace to the dead - someday we all go that way. Moreoever I wish for the right thing for Natalee and her family.

I hope they do an autopsy to prove how he died even if he did collapse while playing tennis.

Reminds me of the death of Evan Chandler, and what we impose on the passing of life to the other side.

RIP Paulus

Now if he knew anything about what happened to Natalee (and I think he probably did know), he can't tell. No tears for him here. No wishes re the afterlife either -- whatever he deserves, he'll get.

So true that what he knows goes to the grave with him. But whatever knowledge he had his son also has. One can always hope for a miracle (afraid that is what it would take) and that Joran will do the right thing and say what he knows. Also, Paulus may have told his wife everything he knows as most men do confide in their wives. She should also speak up. Although I do hope Paulus rests in peace on the general basis on not wishing ill on the dead, I do hope that while he was alive he was haunted daily by Natalee.

Here's the only news link I can find at this point. It's from the Aruban newspaper Diario, though, so it's in Papiamento. I'm no scholar of Papiamento, to say the least, but the headline says. "Attorney Paul Van der Sloot died last night."
Abogado Paul Van der Sloot a muri ayera anochi

Publication: Diahuebs, 11 Februari 2010. Categoria: General
tabata hungando tennis y a sak den otro
ORANJESTAD(AAN):E conocido abogado Paul van der Sloot a muri ayeranochi. E tabata hungando tennis y na dado momento a sak den otro. Informacion cu DIARIO tin ta bisa cu ambulance parce a yega mesora na e sitio y a cuminsa cu reanimacion. A hinke den ambulance y bai cune hospital pero mucho no por a wordo haci pa scapa su bida. Mr Paul van der Sloot tabata hopi den noticia local y internacional algun tempo pasa despues cu su yiu Joran van der Sloot a bira sospechoso den e caso di desaparicion di e hoben Americano Nathallee Holloway. Tur esaki kizas a traha riba su salud. Paz na su restonan y hopi forza na e famianan.http://www.diario.aw/2010/02/abogado-paul-van-der-sloot-a-muri-ayera-anochi/
For what it's worth, I believe this article says that Paulus collapsed while playing tennis, and an ambulance came and began resusitations, then the ambulance went to the hospital, but he could not be brought back to life. Then it goes on that Paulus gained international notice in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, and that it probably damaged his health. Then it goes on to say Rest In Peace and hopes for strength for his family.

JMO, but I don't believe these people ever speak the truth even when they know they are dying, not that he did. I don't think even if he told his wife, (which he probably did) that she will talk.

Patsy Ramsey never told..What a shame. I would think in a death like hers, it would be a way to cleanse the soul, but no....

Goz

The "Sweating bullets" interview told me all I need to know about him. Like father, like son, neither one was willing to tell the truth,(but they were able, jmho) no matter how much Natalee's family begged and pleaded for some kind of answer. They are going to reap what they sow... Period.

The Mother knew everything too. She is not without fault here either.

MOO

Hope he's up there answering to Natalie and the higher power. He has a lot of splainin to do!

I can't help but wonder if they will bury him, or just toss his body to the sharks?

Sorry.

I always have felt he helped his son get rid of Natalie he was no better then his son.Now maybe without daddy s financial support and all his important friends maybe the truth will come out.I for one do not want him to RIP I hope he is as tormented in death as Natalie's family have been since she disappeared. IMO he was more then an enabler he was an accomplice.

It appears they never 'officially' removed Joran as a 'suspect' in Natalee's disappearance. :confused:

FWIW, and I don't have this officially confirmed but Joran opened a business, 'cafe' in Thailand a year or so ago. He's been told 'do not return to Aruba!.' So there's a question on where Mr. VDS will be layed to rest. I also understand that JVDS was pretty much disowned by his dad. Joran was very angry but he did show sorrow of his passing yesterday on a social networking site.

Sorry, no link to the info above about Joran.

JMHO
fran

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/father-natalee-holloway-suspect-dies

The Natalee Holloway disappearance case has become harder to solve because the main suspect's father has died. Crime reporter Peter R. de Vries told Radio Netherlands Worldwide,

the Holloway case. I am convinced that Mr Van der Sloot knew more than he had told us. He may have helped his son cover up parts of the truth."

Son still a suspect
Joran van der Sloot's father collapsed on Wednesday evening while playing tennis at the Tierra del Sol estate on the Dutch Caribbean island. Emergency service staff were unable to resuscitate him. Paul van der Sloot was 57.

His son Joran is still suspected of involvement in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway on Aruba in May 2005. The case was brought back into the limelight when Dutch crime reporter Peter R. de Vries secretly filmed Joran van der Sloot claiming that he had dumped Natalee's body in the ocean. This potentially incriminating statement was not accepted as evidence by the court.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No matter if you live in a paradise and can bend the law to your will, the Reaper will always find you. Good riddance.

RIP.

I agree with others though, he was definitely an enabler.

Reminds me of the death of Evan Chandler, and what we impose on the passing of life to the other side.

RIP Paulus

Evan Chandler=father of 1st boy to (faslely?) accuse MJ of molestation? The one many believe was the mastermind behind the $$$ plot..IIRC, he killed himself..Just like Paulus he took the 'truth' with him to the other side & it's unlikely either son will spill 'it' even tho they're now gone.

Joran=Momma's Boy..There's no way in hell (no pun) she's gonna open her trap.

Karma's a *advertiser censored*

I was just going to post that same phrase...

I've always said, one may escape the law of the land but the law of the universe will always get you! Karma kicks when all else fails...:woohoo:

No love lost, I usually show respect for the deceased but this man and his wonderful son, are/were involved with Natalee's demise. JMHO

He can no longer save Joran, should charges come up on him in the future!

Justice for Natalee!

BOOOOOO FRIGGIN' WHOOOOOOOO ------ NOT!

Sorry, but I NEVER trusted one thing that man said. I will save my tears for Natalee, Caylee, Kari and so many others.

IMHO - etc.

I don’t need to wish any bad on PVDS because the laws of the universe will take care of his *advertiser censored**.

However, Mrs. wasn’t involved so my condolences to her.

I will say it’s a bit late Aruba! :furious:

i'd probably kill over too if my kid was the definition of a murderer/all around d-bag and i didn't have the balls to tell the truth and make him pay for what he did. people like that completely disgust me....

I cannot celebrate a death. This was not Karma. Did the man know about his son's behaviour/NH? Most likely. That said, the only Karma that will come around is to the JVDS. As it will and should. PVDS died a young death and his family is now grieving. PVDS may have held some answers to some questions, but he was never responsible for Natalee's murder.

Sorry, but I hold responsibility where it belongs. Enabler, yes. But, he did not murder. RIP and may he find forgiveness for what he knew and did not share for whatever reasons.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shannyp