Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Roy, General Manager of the Westin hotel in Aruba tells CNN: "There was a bone found by a guest and it has been turned over to local authorities." Roy says the Aruban police picked up the bone this morning. "It does not appear to be human," he told CNN.

Roy said it was about 3 inches in length and a quarter inch in diameter. He said it was sawed off at both ends, which leads him to believe it was a spare rib, or possibly an animal bone. "People eat on the beach all the time. It could be anything," he said. "It looks just like a rib bone."

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/22/test-results-of-jaw-bone-found-in-aruba-coming-tuesday/

I wonder how many other bones have been found over the years that have been determined by experts such as hotel clerks not to be human bones.

I'll bet that Nancy's bombshell tonight will be the tourists that found this second bone, although I hope it will be from the people that found the mandible.

I truly hope this is determined to be Natalee for the Holloway family's sake. But this isn't going to change a thing as it relates to JVS or Aruba's involvement. If 'they' think this is going to take the heat off, I think (hope) they're sadly mistaken.

This states that NG's interview is with the tourist who found the 2nd bone. http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

I too believe it is Natalie's... They sure are dragging this annoucement out, are they not?? And if Taco Stein is going to make an annoucement afterwards... yes, I believe it is Natalie's!

what a way to build up the suspense. they make an announcement that they are making an announcement tomorrow...

So, was this second bone looked at by any experts, or did it get thrown in the trash because the hotel workers determined it was unimportant? And the bone looked like it had been sawed off? The comment about how the second bone "could be anything"? Exactly! That's why it shouldn't be automatically dismissed. I'm sure a lot of bones that are found really are nothing to make a fuss about, but with the jawbone recently discovered, why wouldn't they take a closer look at it? And especially when they announce they're going to make an announcement tomorrow. I don't recall major announcements - which are announced in advance - about any other bones that have been found, so it must be important.

The jawbone better turn out to be Natalee's, given all of this attention. If it's irrelevant to the case, and with the Holloways anxiously awaiting the results, this will be beyond cruel.

ETA: The thrown in the trash bit is what I think of when bones are determined to be nothing, not something that was stated in any articles.

There is no evidence it didn't.

That is why it was so very important to leave the bone 'in situ'.

There is no evidence the finders did not bring the bone with them
from wherever they are from! Maybe the finders have dead bodies in
their basement?

The condition of the bone will tell a lot. You find a bone on a beach
and you can usually assume it is part of a deposition scenario ...
until Nancy Grace says it belongs to George Washington and came to
America on the Pinto or Santa Maria ?

It could have been dropped by human, animal or bird, reemerging after being buried, washed out from the Island to the shore or washed in by the sea carried by the tide (if it was found at the tidal level).

I think we can safely exclude the Mayflower, Captain Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl from involvement, along with tourists trying to hide their basement corpses.

What a flipping mess this has turned out to be. Family have not yet been notified, however there is a law student in Curacao named Jonathan Samson who is twittering that the jawbone belongs to Natalee. Peter de Vries has most recently talked to Beth and she knows nothing. By tongiht everyone will know what Samson has twittered, and it is unconfirmed!

What a flipping mess this has turned out to be. Family have not yet been notified, however there is a law student in Curacao named Jonathan Samson who is twittering that the jawbone belongs to Natalee. Peter de Vries has most recently talked to Beth and she knows nothing. By tongiht everyone will know what Samson has twittered, and it is unconfirmed!

I don't understand all the drama regarding the announcement and the announcement of the announcement. Why all the build up and pomp and circumstance? If it's Natalee, why not just notify the family and make it public already? If it's not her, this is just incredibly cruel to toy with them in this manner. :furious:

It could have been dropped by human, animal or bird, reemerging after being buried, washed out from the Island to the shore or washed in by the sea carried by the tide (if it was found at the tidal level).

I think we can safely exclude the Mayflower, Captain Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl from involvement, along with tourists trying to hide their basement corpses.

O/T ..not really sure about Captain Jack:innocent:...he comes across as a little shady. J/K of course

I don't understand all the drama regarding the announcement and the announcement of the announcement. Why all the build up and pomp and circumstance? If it's Natalee, why not just notify the family and make it public already? If it's not her, this is just incredibly cruel to toy with them in this manner. :furious:

Neither did I. Alot of hype and now even the Prosecutor will not call a meeting to make an announcement tomorrow, rather will e-mail the Press once Natalee's family have been notified. Sure run and hide after all that talk about a meeting. There are several Press there now in Aruba waiting for tomorrow. Suggestions are that Prosecutors don't want to talk to Press and answer questions. Wow. did they ever do themselves in. Wait until all this gets out in the media. What were they thinking in Blanken's office? They should just have shut their mouths.

As a matter of simply doing the right thing, the Holloway's should have been notified, at a maximum, of one hour after the lab tech, detective, forensic scientist or whoever it was who read the DNA and saw that it was a match to their DAUGHTER! Her parents.

The most cruel thing that the Aruban authorities could ever possibly do in this entire case would be if they have held the fact that the Holloway's daughter has passed on from them for days and days when they are the only ones with the FIRST right to know if their beautiful daughter is gone. Her parents.

The Holloway's are in my thoughts and prayers, especially tonight.

Neither did I. Alot of hype and now even the Prosecutor will not call a meeting to make an announcement tomorrow, rather will e-mail the Press once Natalee's family have been notified. Sure run and hide after all that talk about a meeting. There are several Press there now in Aruba waiting for tomorrow. Suggestions are that Prosecutors don't want to talk to Press and answer questions. Wow. did they ever do themselves in. Wait until all this gets out in the media. What were they thinking in Blanken's office? They should just have shut their mouths.

BBM
What... why?!?
Did they give a reason?

Doing the right thing, seems to have escaped The Powers That Be on Aruba.
I would like to know how many people are involved in their constant bad decisions.

IMO

Here's hoping the Holloway family gets some closure this Thanksgiving! Maybe they will finally be able to enjoy the holidays having gotten some answers...:praying:

At this point, I don't think Beth cares whether it was planted or not, she just wants closure and it looks like she's got it. Small blessing. Thoughts with all the Holloways this evening, I truly hope they have already been informed, so they have time to prepare for the renewed media interest.

Agree. The Prosecutor's Office does not want to be questioned. Could
go either way. At least they will notify the parents first (they say).

HLN was productive tonight with Grace gone and we learned a few things.
Jaw bone found about 7:00pm last Friday night, authorities immediately
roped off the area and began a search, dug all day Saturday with more
probing on Sunday, then reopened the area after nothing further found ...
then another tourist finds a second 'bone' of some kind and
he was interviewed tonight.

Info also about the bird sanctuary pond. It does leak to the ocean via
several 'tributaries' during high tides.

Test results on found Aruba bone to be released Tuesday

~~~~Snipped

Prosecutors were expected to release the information Tuesday afternoon but it was unclear if authorities would just release a written statement or have a news conference.

~~~~Snipped

Tim Miller, director of Texas EquuSearch -- a search-and-rescue organization that has looked for Natalee Holloway -- said the girl's father believes it is his daughter's bone.

"Dave has been in contact with Aruban authorities and spoke with FBI this morning, the agent working the case. Dave believes it is Natalee," Miller said about Holloway's father, Dave Holloway.

More at link:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/23/aruba.bone.found/index.html?hpt=T2

(Bolded by me above)

My theory for this bone being found is that a hurricane had just passed thru this area..so I wonder if it was that that cause the "Washing up" of this evidence??..

Latest hurricane~~ (ETA)

http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/rwb.nsf/db900sid/VDUX-8AZTX3?OpenDocument&RSS20&RSS20=FS

ITA. I also believe that nature has its own karma. Just like Laci and the baby being found but for a wicked storm that changed the current - much to SP's surprise, having researched the currents and all. I believe a higher power wants to put NH at rest and her dear mother too. The suffering that woman has endured never knowing is an unspeakable pain that most of us have never felt. I hope and pray for BH and family that she can finally put her daughter to rest.

Link

...Tim Miller, director of Texas EquuSearch -- a search-and-rescue organization that has looked for Natalee Holloway -- said the girl's father believes it is his daughter's bone.

"Dave has been in contact with Aruban authorities and spoke with FBI this morning, the agent working the case. Dave believes it is Natalee," Miller said about Holloway's father, Dave Holloway.

A call to the father was not immediately returned Monday.

Part of a jawbone with a tooth was found earlier this month by an American tourist near the Phoenix Hotel, a large resort on the western side of the island, Aruban prosecutor Peter Blanken said. Contacted by CNN, the hotel referred questions to local authorities.

The prosecutor said the bone was initially examined by a forensic expert in Aruba, who determined it was from a young woman. But Blanken cautioned the final determination would be made by the forensic institute....

If you were one of her parents and this turned out to be hers would that be good news or bad news. I would have to believe a little of both.

That underground filmmaker has JVS saying he took her body out on a boat with a buddy and dumped it into the ocean. This would seem to back that story up.

Doing the right thing, seems to have escaped The Powers That Be on Aruba.
I would like to know how many people are involved in their constant bad decisions.

IMO

If the jaw bone is actually Natalee's, the Aruban authorities have a huge problem. They would love for the world to think that Joran dropped Natalee off at her hotel & THEN she just happened to meet "Prince Charming" & voluntarily left Aruba with him to live in a fairy tale castle happily ever after. As usual, the authorities are worried about their precious tourist $$$$. Sooo much pain could have been avoided if, at the beginning, they had just admitted that "paradise" had a snake named Joran living there doing his evil deeds.

I wonder how many of the current authorities were involved in this case from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member