Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I was thinking about Natalie today so I searched for an update on her and saw this. Mods please remove if it is not considered MSM, this is one of my first posts......

http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/02/13/witness-says-knows-natalee-holloway-buried/

I have been thinking about her to..

I turn 50 in June, and my husband , myself, and son are going to Aruba for my birthday..staying there for a week.. first time going to Aruba.

weve been to Paris, Bahamas, Cancun, Hawaii...we love the ocean and beach life, so thought Aruba would be a good choice..

of course, my mind goes to Natalie, thinking about her and her family..its all so very tragic...

part of me does not want to give them my tourism, but then again, I cant blame the island for what happend to Natalie ..I blame Joran and the police...the police because I think they know what happend and covered everything up, jmo tho

I will however honor Natalie and say a prayer and put some flowers in the ocean for her, my way letting her know that she is in my thoughts, prayers.

I just saw an update on her too. Why on earth wont they just dig under that crawl space and either solve the case or prove him wrong!

I was trying to figure out how to edit my post so I can correct the spelling but I see no "edit" button? :confused:

thanks for trying! if you absolutely need an edit once the edit button times out (a few hours) you can alert on your post (triangle bottom left) and ask a mod to make the correction :)

Jurrien de Jong told Inside Edition: "I saw that Joran was chasing Natalee into a small building under construction. In about five minutes he came out with Natalee in his arms, and slammed the body of Natalee on the floor, and then he made an opening in a crawl space…I knew she was dead.”

De Jong told the Algemeen Dagblad newspaper earlier this year that he didn't come forward sooner as he was involved in illegal drug activity at the time, and did not want to go to the police.

Eric Olthof, Aruba's prosecutor, told Inside Edition he was looking into the claims and expected his investigation would take up to two months.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/12/natalee-holloway-new-lead_n_7262438.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...nts-new-clue-2005-vanishing-article-1.2218892

"He states, “I saw that Joran was chasing Natalee into a small building under construction. In about five minutes he came out with Natalee in his arms, and slammed the body of Natalee on the floor, and then he made an opening in a crawl space…I knew she was dead.”"

Really? Because he was involved in "criminal activity", he could not report it? What an idiot! ... That or he is full of BS.

"He states, “I saw that Joran was chasing Natalee into a small building under construction. In about five minutes he came out with Natalee in his arms, and slammed the body of Natalee on the floor, and then he made an opening in a crawl space…I knew she was dead.”"

Really? Because he was involved in "criminal activity", he could not report it? What an idiot! ... That or he is full of BS.

Must have grown a conscience

Must have grown a conscience

Is this guy saying she is in some crawlspace of one of the homes? I do vaguely remember that at the time there was an area, maybe near Joran's Tennis Club that had some new construction going on. I can sort of visualize the maps that were created at the time. Maybe later today I will go looking for them. Its so long ago now.

The witness said he saw him at a site of new construction. Didn't say it was a house or if a business

He said he witnessed Joran digging in a crawl space.
Aren't most buildings on Aruba built on slabs?

The crawl space confuses me

What is with Aruba's "investigators". Months? How about going over to the exact spot the guy says and look in the crawl space. Should take 30 minutes max to check it out. Good grief.

"The current prosecutor in Aruba, Eric Olthof, told INSIDE EDITION that he will take another look at the claims made by De Jong. He expects his investigation could take up to two months. "

I see your point, however, I am not sure about the crawl space thing.

Doesn't sound right to me

This article is from March 3rd

De Jong claimed that Natalee was buried under the concrete floor of the Marriott Aruba Surf Club late May 2005.
He said that he witnessed the main suspect in the case, Joran van der Sloot, hide Natalee's body in a crawl space of the current stair case of the hotel which was then under construction.

http://www.thedailyherald.com/index...d-body-checked&catid=1:islands-news&Itemid=54

I see your point, however, I am not sure about the crawl space thing.

Doesn't sound right to me

Yeah, something sounds too vague about the whole thing. Although I do recall about new construction at the time too. If any buildings were put on block foundations then there is sometimes a crawlspace under the buildings.

If that guy knows the exact spot, it seems easy to check out his story. If he just points to "over there somewhere", then this tip will probably go nowhere.

A long time ago when we had that alleged skull/bones at sea pictures from the scuba divers show up, I thought they had found her and got all worked up.
I cant get worked up about this story until they officially find her.

Oh I hope that something comes of this so they can have a small bit of comfort. Maybe comfort isn't the right word, but you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025