DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first story dated March, says the Marriott surf club stairwell

This more recent one says a small building under construction

Possibly bad reporting

This article is from March 3rd

De Jong claimed that Natalee was buried under the concrete floor of the Marriott Aruba Surf Club late May 2005.
He said that he witnessed the main suspect in the case, Joran van der Sloot, hide Natalee's body in a crawl space of the current stair case of the hotel which was then under construction.

http://www.thedailyherald.com/index...d-body-checked&catid=1:islands-news&Itemid=54

Thanks for the udpates. I missed reading about this back in March. Its worth checking out for sure. Especially since Mr. Hollaway claims to have smelled dead body odor in that area.

"This is the same location where Holloway said he smelled a strong corpse smell a few days after Natalee's disappearance. Holloway, who visited Aruba several times to search for his daughter, said he got to know that smell all too well. Usually the smell led to a dead dog, or even a dead donkey. "We couldn't localise the smell in two areas. The construction site was one of those.""

Thanks for the udpates. I missed reading about this back in March. Its worth checking out for sure. Especially since Mr. Hollaway claims to have smelled dead body odor in that area.

"This is the same location where Holloway said he smelled a strong corpse smell a few days after Natalee's disappearance. Holloway, who visited Aruba several times to search for his daughter, said he got to know that smell all too well. Usually the smell led to a dead dog, or even a dead donkey. "We couldn't localise the smell in two areas. The construction site was one of those.""

Absolutely

All the family can hope for is to find her remains and bring her home

The story seems plausible enough to check it out carefully and even dig up concrete if they have to.

If they have to do any digging up of concrete, then that I could see could take months. LOL

I hope the hotel gives them permission to do that sort of thing if necessary.

The term "crawl space" maybe is used loosely by the witness. It may have been more of an opening before final pouring of concrete for the hotel.

If she ended up under poured concrete, then Joran must have gotten extremely lucky to find a place like that to hide her. Unless he knew some of the workers or something and maybe paid them off to be sure she was covered by new concrete pouring or something along those lines.

It sure would be nice to have this case solved. Its terrible that Mr. + Mrs Hollaway never has been able to do a proper buriel for their daughter.

Once Joran killed that other girl that he went to prison for, I knew for sure he killed Natalie that night.

Could someone please tell me if a cadaver dog would be useful after all of this time and could they find a scent under all of that concrete?

Could someone please tell me if a cadaver dog would be useful after all of this time and could they find a scent under all of that concrete?

They say a good dog can. Here is one article about it.

"Researchers from the University of Alabama, hoping to zero in on how long the scent of death might linger at a crime scene, designed a test for the state police’s cadaver dogs. A single human vertebra, more than 30 years old, was buried 12 inches deep. The dogs were let loose across a 300-by-150-foot plot, and several succeeded in sniffing out the dry bone fragment"

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._cadaver_dogs_smell_30_year_old_corpses_.html

I hope something comes of it too, maybe they could have closure.

The Spyglass tower was started in 2005, finished in 2007

media_xll_2774518.jpg

Jurriën de Jong

www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1013/Buitenland/art...oran-Natalee-in-de-kruipruimte-begraven.dhtml

That article is translated elsewhere but I can't post the link

Smelling another hoax. Please Lord I hope not.

Kinda interesting to me the timing of all this.
Same time the Kalpoe suit against McGraw and CBS is finally tossed there is suddenly a new witness. I don't know what to think about this. RIP NH

all IMO JME JMO

If this guy truly waited 10 years to speak out then he is scum of the earth. If he's lying for attention, he's still scum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go to Bing's maps and find the site. Then click for the aerial view (the straight down view) and you'll see the finished hotel. Then click on the Bird's Eye View. Practically every building disappears! There's only a couple of small ones remaining. Both appear to be in locations where nothing stands today. I don't know the date of the Bird's Eye View photos, but I'm sure it could be tracked down.

Of course, the witness may be referring to buildings that were constructed later or it could be these two buildings were the beginning of construction; the contractor's temporary offices. That could be the very buildings the witness is referring to.

This link will give you the straight down view:

http://binged.it/1HdvS9p

This link will give the Bird's Eye View:

http://binged.it/1HdvWG5

Google's view is:

https://goo.gl/maps/vnFZm

Note that Google labels the L-shaped building as the Spyglass Tower which is the name mentioned in some stories. It's also what the witness posted on Twitter on February 20:

https://twitter.com/jurriende

“This dog is trained to find missing persons, specifically human remains,” Sargent said.

Even with the passage of 10 long years, to say nothing of all that concrete, Sargent says it's still possible for the dog to detect a scent.

“Were you able to find any trace of Natalee’s body?” Guerrero asked her.

“No. Not at all. Not at this point. We certainly can't rule it out,” she replied.

The new witness believes Natalee could be buried on grounds that are inaccessible to guests. Possibly beneath the laundry facility, a mechanical room near the elevator shaft or perhaps where the garbage is stored.

http://www.insideedition.com/invest...mes-forward-i-knew-she-was-dead?viewfull=true

In case the links don't work or the images are updated at some later date, here they are:

Before:

Spyglass-before.jpg

After:

Spyglass-after.jpg

Note they cover the same area but the "before" appears shorter. I guess it's due to how Bing tilts the image or shoots at an angle.

And here's a bit larger view of the same areas. I'll include them because there was more construction on a separate new hotel just to the south. Actually, that one appears to still be under construction in the latest images.

Before:

Spyglass-before 2.jpg

After:

Spyglass-after 2.jpg

Joran van der Sloot dismisses new witness: 'He is playing with [family's] pain'
May 13, 2015

Joran van der Sloot, the prime suspect in the 2005 disappearance of U.S. teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba, is dismissing an account recently brought up by a self-proclaimed witness.

“Joran knows him,” his lawyer in Perú, Maximo Altez, told Fox News Latino. “Joran tells me this man is someone who sold drugs in Aruba to all of his friends.”

Altez said Van der Sloot urges Natalee Holloway parents to disregard de Jong’s account.

“He is playing with their pain,” he said. “Joran is not worried [by de Jong's story], he advises them to look into his background.”

If it of any help, construction on Surf Club started in 2004 and finished in 2007

This is being discussed in two threads.
Other one is under crimes in the news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members