ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh... as a postscript to my former posts re: Ambien(zolpidem) tripping, please keep in mind that many people in the 'open' lifestyle drop the drug because it releases the inhibitions and nervousness of people sexually. Food for thought, and my opinion only.

How do you know that? How can you make such a blanket statement? Do you really know what evidence there is out there?

People need to dig objectively with personal emotions aside. I respect deeply the feelings many people have of GG's character. I also believe that everyone....EVERYONE surrounding this case is either a self-motivating fame seeker or trying to protect their own name. I want to see pictures. Profiles. Documentation. Across the board. This shouldn't be a lynchmob against GG (although it has become so), but a search for the facts and closure of a missing person case.

JE is a pseudonym on an anonymous account, but he's correct. Local rumors/stories are rampant. There is a definite connection with the involved parties and local 'key clubs' and exchanges, but I have nothing of solid evidence (yet) to validate it. RF may have been/is infatuated with RG beyond a degree of mutual agreement in that community, but she allowed him (among others) to feed and support her. I speculate, and I'll stop before I violate the rules. When everything is released, there are going to be some shocked people..... I have no doubt that GG has a lot more to say..... but I know that everyone else from RG to CJ (ad nauseum) has more to say as well..... and they don't want the full truth released. Embarrassing stuff, the skeletons in the closet...... Recall the public statement from CJ that GG and RG met on "Match.com"..... falsehood. Someone needs to do a local search within 25 miles of Frederick/Gaithersburg on adultfriendfinder, ashleymadison, DC area swinger sites, etc..... Both GG and RG are there. Just need to dig. Victimology. There's a deeper story here. The poor girl was caught in the middle of it.

Re: CJ. I thought she has always said that she has never met GG, that she knows of him through RG. She was on Dr. Drew this evening, he commented twice that she knew GG and she did not deny it, it appeared that she went as far as to confirm it.

I do think she is holding back some information.

PINSKY: All right. This is just very, very disturbing.

Christina, I want to go back to you.

Now, to some extent, this story -- let`s try to turn it into something positive for the viewers here. Is it not the case that to some extent -- let`s just think about parents at home and young women at home -- that this is a cautionary tale about meeting online? I`m hearing various reports that they met online at some sort of dating site. Then I hear that it was an adult friend finder.

I don`t know what the truth is. I don`t know if you want to set that record straight or not. But isn`t that one of the things to take away from this, these are cautionary tales about the people you meet online?

JONES: You know what`s interesting? As a 39-year-old female that works a lot, I wouldn`t blame this on online.

I think that, you know, this could happen with anyone that you meet. You could know someone, it could be your best friend for forever, and the next thing you know, someone has a different agenda.

Sometimes online dating can be great because you get to know someone before you actually, you know, get to know someone, if you are following me. I mean, I --

PINSKY: Yes. OK. Well, so -- OK, but I`m hoping that there`s something that people can learn from this so they can protect themselves.

Do you have some message?

JONES: I think it would be to listen to your soul. Robyn knew that this guy wasn`t a good guy, and she just kept thinking that somehow she could, you know, be OK with everything.

She knew that he wasn`t a good guy, and she knew that he has restraining orders against him. And she still moved ahead. I mean, she didn`t listen to her soul.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/31/ddhln.01.html

Re: CJ. I thought she has always said that she has never met GG, that she knows of him through RG. She was on Dr. Drew this evening, he commented twice that she knew GG and she did not deny it, it appeared that she went as far as to confirm it.

I do think she is holding back some information.

There was some new info given here is a clip:

JONES: Well, it`s kind of scary for me to respond because I know that he has cable in the jail cell, and so, I mean, do I sit here and say do I think the guy is a slime ball? Yes, I do. But do I know what happened between Gary and Robyn? I don`t.

Only Gary knows. So I don`t want to --

PINSKY: Christina, listen, and I don`t want to put you in any kind of jeopardy, and I don`t want you to feel uncomfortable with my questions.

JONES: I know.

PINSKY: And you know I have pushed you pretty hard. But the fact that you know him and you can say that about him, did you advise her in any way to stay away from him or not to go down there with him?

JONES: Yes.

PINSKY: You did?

JONES: Yes. Gary wasn`t allowed to visit our house. He wasn`t allowed to come over. I have never had a good vibe about Gary.

You know, like I said, I know awful things about him. So these stories from other women, they are no surprise to me.

I didn`t want her to go to Aruba, but I kind of understood why she was going at the same time. You know, she is a grown woman. Like, how do you stop a 35-year-old from boarding a plane? You don`t.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/31/ddhln.01.html

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Now, adultfriendfinder.com claims to be the world`s largest sex and swingers personal community. Now, prior to that, we had heard they had met on a much tamer Web site.

I want to bring in Christina Jones, you`re Robyn Gardner`s best friend and I, again, this is the new information that`s come out. We can`t censor it and say we are not going to cover it because there`s a missing woman here and we are trying to find her. But I know you feel that she has been portrayed in a way that doesn`t reflect who she really is.

What would you like to say about all of this?

CHRISTINA JONES, ROBYN GARDNER`S BEST FRIEND: Well, I think you said it best it`s that she`s a victim. You know, I know that Robyn -- I don`t know that Robyn was on adultfriendfinder.com and I really don`t even care at this point.

You know, the bottom line is that she`s missing and I`m trying to find my friend, and that only Gary Giordano knows the truth. And she -- you know, she`s a sister and a human being, a friend, a female. I mean, I think that this is just kind of major sensationalism. She is not here to defend herself. How can she even, you know, it`s going too far I almost feel.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/31/ijvm.01.html

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Now, adultfriendfinder.com claims to be the world`s largest sex and swingers personal community. Now, prior to that, we had heard they had met on a much tamer Web site.

I want to bring in Christina Jones, you`re Robyn Gardner`s best friend and I, again, this is the new information that`s come out. We can`t censor it and say we are not going to cover it because there`s a missing woman here and we are trying to find her. But I know you feel that she has been portrayed in a way that doesn`t reflect who she really is.

What would you like to say about all of this?

CHRISTINA JONES, ROBYN GARDNER`S BEST FRIEND: Well, I think you said it best it`s that she`s a victim. You know, I know that Robyn -- I don`t know that Robyn was on adultfriendfinder.com and I really don`t even care at this point.

You know, the bottom line is that she`s missing and I`m trying to find my friend, and that only Gary Giordano knows the truth. And she -- you know, she`s a sister and a human being, a friend, a female. I mean, I think that this is just kind of major sensationalism. She is not here to defend herself. How can she even, you know, it`s going too far I almost feel.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. And then Richard, there`s the Ambien sleeping pills that were prescribed to Robyn that were found in her hotel room.

Let me bring it back to Christina. Did you know her to take Ambien?

JONES: I have never seen her take pills before. I mean, I know a lot of people that take something to help them sleep at night, you know, but I have never -- I never even knew that she took pills. I wouldn`t even know how she would take time off to go to the doctor because she worked so much. This is all mind-boggling.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Richard, did you know her to take Ambien, because if you take an Ambien, somebody can knock you out and take photos of you and you wouldn`t even know it.

FORESTER: Yes, of course. What I`ve said before is I`ve never known her to take Ambien during the middle of the day. Again what I said before is -- let`s go on his word a second. She takes Ambien for the day -- or in the middle of the day, then he gives her vodka, then he is going to take her snorkeling. Who does that? I don`t get that.

People need to dig objectively with personal emotions aside. I respect deeply the feelings many people have of GG's character. I also believe that everyone....EVERYONE surrounding this case is either a self-motivating fame seeker or trying to protect their own name. I want to see pictures. Profiles. Documentation. Across the board. This shouldn't be a lynchmob against GG (although it has become so), but a search for the facts and closure of a missing person case.

While searching for those facts I don't feel we are being a victim friendly forum when throwing out ideas of the victim being in a swinger community based on some personal info one has but can't comment on yet, etc. and that all of her friends and family are of poor character. I don't get your agenda but it feels hinky to me.

Overanalist said:
Local rumors/stories are rampant. There is a definite connection with the involved parties and local 'key clubs' and exchanges, but I have nothing of solid evidence (yet) to validate it. RF may have been/is infatuated with RG beyond a degree of mutual agreement in that community, but she allowed him (among others) to feed and support her. I speculate, and I'll stop before I violate the rules. When everything is released, there are going to be some shocked people..... I have no doubt that GG has a lot more to say..... but I know that everyone else from RG to CJ (ad nauseum) has more to say as well..... and they don't want the full truth released. Embarrassing stuff, the skeletons in the closet...... Recall the public statement from CJ that GG and RG met on "Match.com"..... falsehood. Someone needs to do a local search within 25 miles of Frederick/Gaithersburg on adultfriendfinder, ashleymadison, DC area swinger sites, etc..... Both GG and RG are there. Just need to dig. Victimology. There's a deeper story here. The poor girl was caught in the middle of it.

You dig. Show me proof. I will apologize when you do for being suspicious of your intentions.

The amnesia effect is what I liked. Not going to sleep like it says to and you do all kinds of things but have no real memory of it.. everythings like a dream. Kinda like Twilight anesthesia, like when you get a tooth pulled, your'e awake but not awake, you remember but don't remember.. except on Ambien you can function.. people do crazy things when they are on ambien. drive and everything and have no memory of it.

BBM
Well that's one reason I would never take it for sure.

We had a guy on our deer lease that would drink in the evening after hunting was done and then he would take his Ambian on top of that. A couple of the guys would have to carry him to his 5th wheel. I used to worry we would wake up the next morning and find him dead cause he'd drink like a 12 pack and take Ambian. He never remembered s!!t.

So glad we found another lease ... drinking to that extent and guns is a :nono: Man there are some stupid people in this world!

They do. A lot. I'd wager good money that any ER sees at least one patient on the stuff every weekend. As I mentioned before, all it takes is stimuli (focus on TV, or a video game for example) or to fight the initial urge to sleep. I had an experience once. I had come off a run of night shifts at the hospital and took 15mg of Ambien to try and sleep. I sat at my PC for an hour and the next thing I knew it was the next day. I had dirty pots/pans in the sink and a refrigerator full of groceries. Didn't recall shopping or cooking. Scary and accidental, but I remember feeling wonderful for the first hour. I've only used it since in a smaller dose and in complete dark/quiet.

Very interesting, thanks for the insight into your experience. I have natural Ambien right now - a TODDLER! LOL I am so dead tired at the end of the day I don't need any help! :floorlaugh:

I guess I don't see anything wrong with trying to connect all the dots with GVG, RG, RF, CJ and others. I had mentioned many days ago that I had heard a rumor about AFF and that I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the truth. Can we not agree that the mentality of a person that is living a risky lifestyle versus a person that is not living a risky lifestyle...might possibly explain this relationship and how this possibly could have happened???

I know RG is a victim and we are a victim friendly site...BUT I do believe all of this may connect the dots into WHY this happened. I do hope they locate her so that her family may have some closure and GVG is prosecuted for his wrongdoings. I also hope this will help others see that certain actions and lifestyles can put a person at the mercy of monsters.

I guess I don't see anything wrong with trying to connect all the dots with GVG, RG, RF, CJ and others. I had mentioned many days ago that I had heard a rumor about AFF and that I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the truth. Can we not agree that the mentality of a person that is living a risky lifestyle versus a person that is not living a risky lifestyle...might possibly explain this relationship and how this possibly could have happened???

I know RG is a victim and we are a victim friendly site...BUT I do believe all of this may connect the dots into WHY this happened. I do hope they locate her so that her family may have some closure and GVG is prosecuted for his wrongdoings. I also hope this will help others see that certain actions and lifestyles can put a person at the mercy of monsters.

Unfortunately this is so true. You must be responsible for yourself.

Here is my point. I can tell it is a sensitive issue to her friends that this allegation came out that RG was on AFF, so I am handling it with a microscope. Frankly they are right - it is reputationally damaging and a whole different type of site than match.com. On match.com, any single person should feel no shame in being on there. On AFF, that says one is promiscuous at best, a swinger. I know of ONE person who said they met on AFF, but he did NOT have direct evidence of it. He couldn't give me a link to her profile and I personally looked for her myself on there. Further questioning of him revealed he doesn't even know RG.

Combine that with a poor batting average by ABC on past reports in this case, and I feel it is not a piece of information that is supported by anything concrete.

Honestly you are not going to find RG on AFF. I explained before knowing from experience (ex-husband was found to be on it causing our divorce) you aren't on there with your real name. If you try to search for her you will look forever. But she could have been doing photo shoots for some of their advertisement for chats, webcams, etc.

Has it been discussed if RF has any connection whatsoever with GG. Have they met, has it been investigated, etc.

LE has won this round and GG is in jail for another sixty days
They have bought some time
However, if they had enough evidence to bring charges they would have
I don't think they can make charges stick yet

LE has won this round and GG is in jail for another sixty days
They have bought some time
However, if they had enough evidence to bring charges they would have
I don't think they can make charges stick yet

I think there are quite a few items out for various kinds of forensics. They are most likely waiting for the test results and analyses of these items. And hoping for a break... But I think they probably have enough to charge him already.

I do understand that people can be charged without a body, some have even been convicted of murder without a body, but in this case how will they charge GG without RG's body? How will they be able to prove that she didn't really just accidently drown?

I do understand that people can be charged without a body, some have even been convicted of murder without a body, but in this case how will they charge GG without RG's body? How will they be able to prove that she didn't really just accidently drown?

The question is not, how can they prove she didn't accidentally down. That will be a question if they find her body (with no signs of any other cause of death). The question is, how can they prove she is dead?

The answer is, basically, circumstantial evidence. I could try to lay out the case bit by bit, but it would take a while and I just don't have time. A good example of how such a case can be successfully prosecuted would be the case of Olivia Hope and Ben Smart in New Zealand. No bodies were ever found an no one (other than the killer) ever saw them dead or even harmed. But a man is serving time right now for their murder, based on a circumstantial case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kissafur1982