ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he took out the policy because he intended to get rid of her and collect the cash.

I don't believe Robyn was a diver , or even a snorkeler for that matter, so would not have diving boots. They also did not, according to the dive shop, rent any diving gear there.

Well, if they went snorkeling they must have had gear. It wouldn't make much of a cover story if they didn't, and LE have not suggested that they didn't. So, at least GG must have had gear. If they didnt rent them there they brought their own.

Diving boots aren't only used for diving btw. I have friends who go sea kayaking and they use them too, since most of the coastline where I live is rocky or full of shells.

When I see this thread, I keep hoping that the thread title has changed to "Robyn Found".

I guess she really was in the ocean when she disappeared, just like Ms Hollaway ... or else there's a big black hole on Aruba that is sucking American women away.

If she really was in the ocean, then perhaps she simply drifted away. What evidence is there of a murder so far? Why is no one complaining that an American man has been unfairly detained in Aruba? ... with no proof, no trial, no DNA blah blah ...

Well, if they went snorkeling they must have had gear. It wouldn't make much of a cover story if they didn't, and LE have not suggested that they didn't. So, at least GG must have had gear. If they didnt rent them there they brought their own.

Diving boots aren't only used for diving btw. I have friends who go sea kayaking and they use them too, since most of the coastline where I live is rocky or full of shells.

GG was "swimming" with his sneakers on which tells us he could not even get into the water without shoes on because of the rocks. Plus at 6pm at night the sun is going down. What did he think they would see in the water??? Obviously his plan was to wait until it was late enough so when they put divers in the water they wouldn't be able to see much. jmo

When I see this thread, I keep hoping that the thread title has changed to "Robyn Found".

I guess she really was in the ocean when she disappeared, just like Ms Hollaway ... or else there's a big black hole on Aruba that is sucking American women away.

If she really was in the ocean, then perhaps she simply drifted away. What evidence is there of a murder so far? Why is no one complaining that an American man has been unfairly detained in Aruba? ... with no proof, no trial, no DNA blah blah ...

At this point we have no idea if there is any solid evidence against him
To date, AFAIK, all LE has said is they believe she died and it is under suspicious circumstances and they believe that GG is responsible.

They are not allowing much information to come out so its impossible to know why they believe this so strongly

As far as complaints about the incarceration, imo, its rather hard to feel sympathetic towards a man who has shown so little regard for women and the law.
His reputation is his worst enemy.

There are many theories floating around, but most are just that, theories, opinions and you could make them all fit , but there are no solid facts to back up most of these

To date there has been no mention about human trafficking, other than stated as opinion and I don't recall reading anything in MSM that suggested this
I could be wrong and if I am, please enlighten me because this has been going on for so long, I have forgotten more than I remember.
I understand that RF made mention of the human trafficking but also added that she does not fit the criteria
Could it happen? imo, yes.
I feel all avenues are being explored
There is no benefit to anyone to let this become an unsolved case

From what I have been reading, human trafficking happens almost everywhere for various reasons
Having said that, I am not leaning towards that theory at all in this case
I don't think its that complicated
JMO

It was reported also, that GG had wanted RG to go on a cruise in April. Now how easy is it to get rid of someone off of a ship and in particular someone who likes to drink. They lean a little to far over the railing and they are gone.

One of the reasons it sounds suspicious is because they were staying at a beautiful beach with great snorkeling a two minute drive away and GG chose to go to Baby Beach late in the afternoon two days in a row. The bar/restaurant is nothing to write home about, just a small beach bar (plus they brought they own booze) so why go twice. The bar was closed the first day but if snorkeling was what they were there for it could have been done the first day. But if you wanted someone to see you, supposedly so you could have them call police you would want the bar open.

Now if they just wanted to look around and see if it was a good area to snorkel the next day which is what GG would have you believe you would think they would have noticed all the rocks and tried to get into the water in barefooted just to see what it was like. They were there. If they tried they would have realized it is a bad area to try to get into the water with barefeet.

Then again if RG was not planning on getting into the water GG would not have been able to check it out without her questioning why.

So the fact is that they only had 4 full days to spend on the island and two were wasted at Baby Beach at the Southeastern portion of the island which is the most remote part of the island when all the activities and great beaches are at the Northwestern portion of the island. This is the part that makes no sense. JMO

-----------

It makes all the sense in the world, if you are planning on seclusion and nefarious deeds.

Exactly. Like a big red flag. I think most tourists are pretty predictable. Sometimes someone does something stupid like tries to swim out where the cliffs are and ends up drowning because the currents are so strong. But they do not just disappear, their body washes ashore.

All I know is for someone who just got out, after spending an hour in the water, his suit was dry and his hair did not look as if he had gotten it wet. I think he fully intended to get his suit wet but because there were so many rocks in the water he did not get very far. There are too many things that don't make sense, things a reasonable person would not do. That's why he's in jail. jmo

GG was "swimming" with his sneakers on which tells us he could not even get into the water without shoes on because of the rocks. Plus at 6pm at night the sun is going down. What did he think they would see in the water??? Obviously his plan was to wait until it was late enough so when they put divers in the water they wouldn't be able to see much. jmo

Some water shoes look like sneakers. That doesnt mean much.

Some water shoes look like sneakers. That doesnt mean much.

He had on sneakers they were not diving shoes. It was not reported anywhere that he had on diving shoes but it was reported he told RG's mother that "I got my sneakers and socks wet searching for your daughter." An odd statement since he supposedly got out of the water and ran to the restaurant. jmo

"I'm trying to raise money for searches, reward money, private investigators, and whatever resources we need to expand the search," Richard Forester tells RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview.

The Robyn Gardner Foundation page raised $1236 in its first few days but has garnered as much criticism as it has donations so far.

"I would certainly like to see more donations," said Forester, who admitted that he thinks some people aren't giving money as they agree with the Aruban authorities that Robyn is most likely dead.

"I believe she is alive and it is a shame that some of her friends may not think that," he explained.
Others have accused the boyfriend she left behind of simply trying to boost his own bank account.

"I’m getting a lot of scrutiny from ignorant people who are saying I’m using it for myself. It is illegal to use funds for my own gain, it would land me in prison!

"I am so shocked by the negativity, it hurts that I'm under such suspicion," Forester adamantly told Radar."I'm not making a salary and it’s not for me to have a slush fund."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ising-page-scrutiny-ignorant-people-boyfriend

Sorry RF - I do not like you much. I do think you are trying to be in the spotlight more for yourself than for Robyn.

Where are you Robyn??

I really hope they have some solid evidence. If she is not found soon, GG is going to walk. That angers me so much. Especially if Baez takes credit for it. :mad:

I really hope they have some solid evidence. If she is not found soon, GG is going to walk. That angers me so much. Especially if Baez takes credit for it. :mad:

I agree, I too hope they can prove their case
Because of the silence, we do not know what they have

Its hard to understand why he has not been charged with a crime
Its been three months, its hard to imagine that all forensics have not come back yet
It seems to me, if there was solid evidence,GG would be charged

At this point, its hard to say if LE have evidence , are waiting for evidence or just buying time

It seems though, that LE has never waivered from their belief that Robyn is dead and the only suspect they have talked about is GG

IF he walks free, I do not believe the credit can be given to JB or any other lawyer
IMO, if he walks free, its because there is not enough proof to convict him

He had on sneakers they were not diving shoes. It was not reported anywhere that he had on diving shoes but it was reported he told RG's mother that "I got my sneakers and socks wet searching for your daughter." An odd statement since he supposedly got out of the water and ran to the restaurant. jmo

<modsnip>. Go on the internet and look up pictures of diving boots and wet shoes. A report doesn't mean that is what he actually said. It doesnt change the fact that rocks in the water are not an impediment to diving/snorkeling. Shoes or lack thereof on the beach doesn't mean that they didn't go in the water.

IF he walks free, I do not believe the credit can be given to JB or any other lawyer
IMO, if he walks free, its because there is not enough proof to convict him

If he isnt charged it will not be because of the efforts of any of his lawyers, it will be because of lack of evidence. At the moment their case appears to consist of her dissappearing and what they consider unusual circumstances.

<modsnip>. Go on the internet and look up pictures of diving boots and wet shoes. A report doesn't mean that is what he actually said. It doesnt change the fact that rocks in the water are not an impediment to diving/snorkeling. Shoes or lack thereof on the beach doesn't mean that they didn't go in the water.

You don't dive in 2 foot of water which is what he was in. His suit was not wet and that is what was reported plus it is visible on the video. He had sneakers on, not driving shoes which is what was reported. Only his sneakers and socks were wet which is what was reported by LE and RG's mother said that is what GG had told her that he got his sneakers and socks wet while looking for her daughter.

Plus where they supposedly went into the water there are no witnesses saying they saw them enter the water only that they left shortly after 4:30pm and the car was back around 6pm. GG was at the restaurant around 6:15pm which means they would have been in the water around 6pm. The sun is completely set by 7:02pm. Even an unexperienced diver would not go into the water when you can't see anything. It makes no sense. Plus the video, which was filmed by a local, shows where they supposedly went into the water and all you see are rocks, big ones, small ones, but no fish, none.

If she cut her toe on a rock getting into the water as GG claims she had nothing on her feet. At 4:15 she is seen with high wedge type shoes on. There was a restroom in the restaurant but yet she never changed into a bathing suit, still has her sundress with nothing under the dress on the top portion of her body. If she were to have changed on the beach the people fishing would have noticed because they noticed that all they did was walk along the beach and leave that area after 4:30.

No one to my knowledge has stated he had on diving shoes and if he did I'd really like to see a link because all I have ever heard stated was that he was wearing sneakers in the water. jmo

You don't dive in 2 foot of water which is what he was in. His suit was not wet and that is what was reported plus it is visible on the video. He had sneakers on, not driving shoes which is what was reported. Only his sneakers and socks were wet which is what was reported by LE and RG's mother said that is what GG had told her that he got his sneakers and socks wet while looking for her daughter.

Plus where they supposedly went into the water there are no witnesses saying they saw them enter the water only that they left shortly after 4:30pm and the car was back around 6pm. GG was at the restaurant around 6:15pm which means they would have been in the water around 6pm. The sun is completely set by 7:02pm. Even an unexperienced diver would not go into the water when you can't see anything. It makes no sense. Plus the video, which was filmed by a local, shows where they supposedly went into the water and all you see are rocks, big ones, small ones, but no fish, none.

If she cut her toe on a rock getting into the water as GG claims she had nothing on her feet. At 4:15 she is seen with high wedge type shoes on. There was a restroom in the restaurant but yet she never changed into a bathing suit, still has her sundress with nothing under the dress on the top portion of her body. If she were to have changed on the beach the people fishing would have noticed because they noticed that all they did was walk along the beach and leave that area after 4:30.

No one to my knowledge has stated he had on diving shoes and if he did I'd really like to see a link because all I have ever heard stated was that he was wearing sneakers in the water. jmo

Nobody has come forward and said they saw him in the water, so nobody has said he was wearing running shoes in the water

What was stated is that his shoes were wet and HE said he wore them in the water

Thats all there is

What ever. Go on the internet and look up pictures of diving boots and wet shoes. A report doesn't mean that is what he actually said. It doesnt change the fact that rocks in the water are not an impediment to diving/snorkeling. Shoes or lack thereof on the beach doesn't mean that they didn't go in the water.

Rocks in two feet of water are not an impediment to diving and/snorkeling? :waitasec: With all due respect, have you seen the video of the alleged snorkeling site?

Rocks in two feet of water are not an impediment to diving and/snorkeling? :waitasec: With all due respect, have you seen the video of the alleged snorkeling site?

The site does not look inviting especially with so many other places available.
Most people take a boat out to snorkelling sites, but it can be crowded

IF, and that is a big IF they did choose to snorkel there, I imagine that one would walk out past the rocks and possibly find a sandy bottom

Having said that, if a person wasn't really into snorkelling, I would think this site would put you off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak