ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was going on the trip with the promise of having professional pictures taken. And she had a portfolio of other professional pictures done previously. So she had some modeling experience previously, imo/

Is that a fact, that she thought she was going to have pics taken?

I know it has been the opinion of some, but I didn't know it had been proven

The car was parked at the tip of the island in the below image. People have drowned because they went to the opening of Baby beach - where the water meets the rip tides. This is where GG and Robyn were in the water. I don't think it's unusual that another person (Robyn) drowned or disappeared in the very same area where other people have drowned in the riptides. The currents, in that part of the Island, would have taken Robyn away from the Island.

Colson_Snorkel__.jpg

Then why was GG able to return to the exact same location that he entered the water in? If he was caught in a riptide, as he says, then he would not be able to swim back in, but would have to swim parallel until he could get past the riptide. I grew up swimming in Santa Cruz and was caught in many riptides myself. imoo

Also,Robyn had NEVER snorkeled before and very rarely even swam. So why would this guy just cut and run, and never look back? He said on Geraldo this morning that he never even called out to her or called her name, he just swam to shore.

Debating the issues is good. I hardly think you need the "patched together with silicone and botox,35 year old divorcee" description to make your point. We get IT! ....and frankly how does her being a divorcee relate to her not being a candidate for human trafficking? Like no one ever taken for human trafficking was divorced because even deviants have their " standards".

....and I said there were other reasons for taking women other than "simple sex" --it is still about the sex--Sexual preferences run the gamut though, and I doubt this industry restricts it to the "biblical" sense.

I miss "Just -a -Guy":sigh:!!!!

Perhaps you are right. Perhaps there are cities in the US where human traffickers sell 35 year old women as a hot commodity.

Then why was GG able to return to the exact same location that he entered the water in? If he was caught in a riptide, as he says, then he would not be able to swim back in, but would have to swim parallel until he could get past the riptide. I grew up swimming in Santa Cruz and was caught in many riptides myself. imoo

Also,Robyn had NEVER snorkeled before and very rarely even swam. So why would this guy just cut and run, and never look back? He said on Geraldo this morning that he never even called out to her or called her name, he just swam to shore.

Escaping riptides is sometimes luck of the draw.

I'm pretty sure I read that Robyn was a strong swimmer.

"FORESTER: Yes, that`s kind of disgusting to me, that they would just assume that, especially coming with what I hear about Baby Bay. I don`t see how that`s possible. I know when she was younger, she was a -- she was a strong swimmer, but I can`t understand how it would just be gone."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/11/ijvm.01.html

Is that a fact, that she thought she was going to have pics taken?

I know it has been the opinion of some, but I didn't know it had been proven

He promised that to two other women that he tried to convince to come on the trip with them. When they said no, he asked Robyn. So I am going to assume that he used the same ploy with her.

The car was parked at the tip of the island in the below image. People have drowned because they went to the opening of Baby beach - where the water meets the rip tides. This is where GG and Robyn were in the water. I don't think it's unusual that another person (Robyn) drowned or disappeared in the very same area where other people have drowned in the riptides. The currents, in that part of the Island, would have taken Robyn away from the Island.

Colson_Snorkel__.jpg

I have you have some information reported that people have drowned here because I have been to Baby Beach many times and have seen people snorkeling from just outside the inlet to the cove. To my knowledge unless there is a storm out at sea that area is not that dangerous. Authories in Aruba are reporting that there were no storms out at sea and the currents were normal and not that strong. Most of the drownings I'm aware of are from the eastern portion of the island where there is no one to help should you get into trouble.

My understanding, too, was that because there were no strong currents they expected her body to come ashore. People bring their children to that area to swim in the cove. If there were issues at the mouth of the cove all the time I would think signs would be posted of the danger because people do bring their children there. Plus a dive shop is located right there.

There is also a video on here of the divers who were in the water first light of the day and they were not having any problems with the currents. jmo

"FORESTER: Yes, that`s kind of disgusting to me, that they would just assume that, especially coming with what I hear about Baby Bay. I don`t see how that`s possible. I know when she was younger, she was a -- she was a strong swimmer, but I can`t understand how it would just be gone."

Strong swimmer? She never went swimming. How could you say that?

I have you have some information reported that people have drowned here because I have been to Baby Beach many times and have seen people snorkeling from just outside the inlet to the cove. To my knowledge unless there is a storm out at sea that area is not that dangerous. Authories in Aruba are reporting that there were no storms out at sea and the currents were normal and not that strong. Most of the drownings I'm aware of are from the eastern portion of the island where there is no one to help should you get into trouble.

My understanding, too, was that because there were no strong currents they expected her body to come ashore. People bring their children to that area to swim in the cove. If there were issues at the mouth of the cove all the time I would think signs would be posted of the danger because people do bring their children there. Plus a dive shop is located right there.

There is also a video on here of the divers who were in the water first light of the day and they were not having any problems with the currents. jmo

Unfortunately, there have been quite a few drownings in that area over the years.
If you google baby beach, you will be able to read about several

So if you were swimming and snorkeling with your friend, the one that you had a million dollar life insurance on, would you call out and warn her, check on her if you felt the rip tide coming in on you both? Or would
you just turn your back and swim straight to shore?

Here is one link to a drowning at Baby Beach in June 2010 (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f10/please-careful-snorkeling-45917/). The link to the British couple drowning no longer works, but that was in 2006. Here's another link to the dangers there: http://www.virtualtourist.com/trave...a/Aruba/Warnings_or_Dangers-Aruba-TG-C-1.html

It was her boyfriend that claimed that she was a strong swimmer.

He claimed she was ONCE a strong swimmer, like back in her younger days. I was once a strong skiier, but probably not anymore.
Besides, she was drunk and possibly high on pills at the time.

So if you were swimming and snorkeling with your friend, the one that you had a million dollar life insurance on, would you call out and warn her, check on her if you felt the rip tide coming in on you both? Or would
you just turn your back and swim straight to shore?

When two people are swimming and they are caught in dangerous water, they both swim for their lives and hope for the best ... been there, done that. I don't think anyone actually feels a riptide coming, one simply finds oneself caught in it.

Regarding the insurance policy, GG got insurance for himself and, as he said, the options on the form left him no choice but to select the insurance for both of them. I'm sure that can be verified.

He claimed she was ONCE a strong swimmer, like back in her younger days. I was once a strong skiier, but probably not anymore.
Besides, she was drunk and possibly high on pills at the time.

I'm assuming that once a strong swimmer, always a strong swimmer. I see it as a bit like riding a bike ... it's not something that people forget how to do.

When two people are swimming and they are caught in dangerous water, they both swim for their lives and hope for the best ... been there, done that. I don't think anyone actually feels a riptide coming, one simply finds oneself caught in it.

Regarding the insurance policy, GG got insurance for himself and, as he said, the options on the form left him no choice but to select the insurance for both of them. I'm sure that can be verified.

One finds oneself caught in it, and one needs to find the way to swim out of danger. He convinced a drunk and high woman, who never snorkeled before to go in with him, and then he just leaves once he feels he is in danger? Maybe the fact that he was the beneficiary to her million dollar life insurance policy helped him make that selfish decision.

I'm assuming that once a strong swimmer, always a strong swimmer. I see it as a bit like riding a bike ... it's not something that people forget how to do.

Unless the person is high and drunk and years older.

Drunk, high, older and a hot commodity in the human trafficking circuit?

I don't think she is a hot commodity in the trafficker's eyes. I think that GG had a plan to take out a million dollar policy and lose his date on the island somewhere, then cash it in.

I don't think she is a hot commodity in the trafficker's eyes. I think that GG had a plan to take out a million dollar policy and lose his date on the island somewhere, then cash it in.

It's quite possible, but without a body, and given his explanation for why he included her in his travel insurance policy, there isn't much to support the theory.

I can certainly understand human trafficking of young girls, but 35 year old divorcees? That, to me, is absurd. There was no market for Robyn in Maryland. We know this because she met men through online dating sites, not through normal social interaction. People are dreaming if they think that someone will pay big bucks for 35 year old divorced women.

I just don't see any relevance that she is a "divorcee. She's a beautiful girl with a really youthful and innocent look to her, so she could pass for younger, IMO. I also don't know that the age is that important when she looks like she does. Even if she's had botox or plastic surgery, though I have no reason to believe she has, I also don't know why that would matter. And I doubt that men in that industry could care less if she's had a boob job or not.

I'm not saying that's what happened, I just have always considered it a possibility. Again, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381