Ashley Madison cheating website hacked, July 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sure he has morals clause in his employment agreement. and this has tipped the morals clause to kick him out.

Such a sad ending to a great career.

:moo:

He is an elected official. Morals clause?

Using your line of thinking, Bill Clinton would have been impeached or forced to resign.

If he had commited a crime or used a government credit card to pay for his registration, then it would be a BIG problem. But this is between him and the constituents of the State of Florida.

Good gracious. What if every elected official who had an affair was forced to resign? We'd have to hold elections every week in this country.

I think he will be foced to resign. He will do it for the good of the office and profession. I figure within the next two weeks.

He hadn't done anything tons of lawyers and judges do , but he has been outed. So he wil be a sacrificial lamb.

And I do believe he did it in his own laptop as govt emails are subject to subpoenas.

And I think he was beyind curious. The length of time!

IMO there are two important stories here.

1-The hackers need to be caught. We can't have hackers holding everyone hostage. First Ashley Madison then what? It could be your private info they release next time.

2-Ashley Madison charging people to delete their accounts only to find out the accounts were not deleted off the site. That's flat out fraud.

If the hackers are caught I hope the US government hires them. Really. These people are brilliant. We need them on our side.

The story of who is on the list only matters, IMO, if the person is a self-righteous hypocrite like Josh Duggar.

I feel for Jeff Ashton. What he does is none of my business. However, he is a public figure and if it's true he used government computers then that is where the focus should be. He used his taxpayer paid for computers to handle his personal life. e

For all we know his wife could have given her blessing to this. Again, none of our business other than taxpayer time and money.

Who determines who is a self-righteous hypocrite?

Anyone else think he'll sue Ashley Madison? I'm sad for him, but it really is a personal matter unless he did use a government credit card or equipment to access the site.

I think he will be foced to resign. He will do it for the good of the office and profession. I figure within the next two weeks.

He hadn't done anything tons of lawyers and judges do , but he has been outed. So he wil be a sacrificial lamb.

And I do believe he did it in his own laptop as govt emails are subject to subpoenas.

And I think he was beyind curious. The length of time!

I agree with most all of this.

I think it is very possible he may resign due to primarily 2 reasons: public pressure and, foremost, to protect his family from any further press scrutiny, in hopes of salvaging those relationships. Yes, he a state attorney and has worked hard to build his career, BUT he has a wife and several kids. I do believe he is very, very remorseful that he has caused them pain and embarrassment.

I am sad and very disappointed in his choices. However, credit where credit is due here - It's admirable he didn't just hold a presser and sneak out of the room. He stayed around and answered every question until the reporters had no more questions. He didn't have to do that and it would have been MUCH easier just to recite some pre-drafted statement then leave, refusing to take questions.

More than anything, I am very sad for his kids and wife.

Using your line of thinking, Bill Clinton would have been impeached or forced to resign.

If he had commited a crime or used a government credit card to pay for his registration, then it would be a BIG problem. But this is between him and the constituents of the State of Florida.

Good gracious. What is every elected official who had an affair was forced to resign? We'd have to hold elections every week in this country.

He might not have agreed to any morals clause, but his constituents won't like picking up the tab for his extracurriculars.

Further research revealed a subtle yet shocking fact. The database revealed that both Jeff Ashton Ashley Madison accounts were accessed from IP address “66.193.236.254”. Research by our technical expert using publicly available Reverse DNS services has revealed that this IP address tracks back to “host-204.ocnjcc.org” and the Ninth Judicial Circuit internal network! In other words, it appears Jeff Ashton was using the cheating website on taxpayer's time, on a state-owned machine and computer network at the Ninth Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office

http://eastorlandopost.com/state-attorney-jeff-ashton-exposed-paid-ashley-madison-member

There's also the adultery statute. Probably very rarely prosecuted but he of all people would know about the law. I can't tell if this is about living together or just having an affair though. Anyway, I'm assuming it just got somehow left on the books and no one pays attention to it.

Title XLVI CRIMES Chapter 798
ADULTERY; COHABITATION
798.01 Living in open adultery.—Whoever lives in an open state of adultery shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. Where either of the parties living in an open state of adultery is married, both parties so living shall be deemed to be guilty of the offense provided for in this section
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ing=&URL=0700-0799/0798/Sections/0798.01.html

Anyone else think he'll sue Ashley Madison? I'm sad for him, but it really is a personal matter unless he did use a government credit card or equipment to access the site.

No, I do not think he will sue. If he truly is going to admit to his shortcomings to,his wife, it would not bode well in the way of asking for forgiveness from his wife.

I really feel sorry for her. I wonder when he did tell her.

Good gracious. What is every elected official who had an affair was forced to resign? We'd have to hold elections every week in this country.

Great point !

I forgot that public officials and private industry people are held in different standards but you are absolutely absolutely correct

:tyou:

That said I think it is the end of his career. And tomorrow I think whatever trial he is on right now is going to be a fiasco for the defense... And the judge. ..And Jeff

I wonder if David Vitter used the service? Remember prostitutes and diapers or something along that line?

I have a feeling that more women want to see this list exposed than men. Lol.

You gals are out for blood. Lol.

I told you he was no good girl. Now take him to the bank. Lol.

But I really want to see if the women on the site were mostly real. Or if they were hired to flirt with the millions of men for online sake in order to keep them coming back.

Because out of 35 million members. I'm sure that a good 34 million of them were men conversing with the same woman but different profile , pic and name.

Lol

I want to clarify something because it appears I am defending Jeff Ashton's actions - Absolutely, that is not the case. It is difficult to excuse any married person joining a website using the marketing slogan "Life is short. Have an affair." (paraphrased)

HOWEVER, this is what is bothering me - admittedly, the Judge in Casey's trial, Belvin Perry, at one time had at least one affair while married. He wasn't pressured to resign. Bill Clinton / Monica Lewinsky - enough said. We all know we could list public officials ad nauseum here. Many of these type things are disclosed in public divorce records, divorce trial transcripts, etc...

SO, the difference re. those exposed here is that this isn't idle water cooler gossip or accusations made via docs filed by a angry spouse during acrimonious divorce - These hackers are criminals who are exposing people, listing their private emails addresses, home addresses, at least partial private credit card info, IP addresses, etc... The men they are exposing are NOT the only people they are hurting here. They are hurting their innocent children and spouses. Why should Jeff Ashton feel more pressure to resign that a sitting Judge or sitting President of the US? Because a hacker exposed him? Why should he suffer more? Why should he be forced to pay a bigger price? That is where I can't make the leap. Exactly what determines WHERE we are drawing the line?

For me, it if ain't my husband and it is not someone who could be blackmailed posing a risk to our national security, then I may feel disappointed but I'm not going to be screaming for their head to be put on the chopping block.

I missed the presser, but our local news was just on (WFTV) and said the JA has no intention of recusing himself as of right now. He plans to go to court tomorrow (didn't say what case he was on now).

Mr. Ashton stated during his press conference when asked about engaging in this activity on taxpayer time that he is a prosecutor for the 9th district 24/7. There is never a time when he is not the prosecutor. That position is not one you clock into and out of.

Addressing the IP - DNS - he admitted he used the publicly accessible, non secured wi-fi to log into the site using his own personal laptop while at his office.

I do not know what I think tomorrow or the days to come will mean for his position and career. I do know I am disappointed that he has acted in a manner that could negate in the public eye his hard work of many years.

Most of all I am sad that his wife and kids are now left dealing with this mess and heartbreak.

At least all the Ashley Madison cheated on spouses will know they are not alone and quite possibly if smart will start themselves a support group to converse, share feelings etc. When I was cheated on I had to go it alone. So thats the only silver lining I can see in this whole mess. Also these women/men can go be checked for STD's before its too late etc..another plus.

Oh just wanted to add...It really irked me when people would say, well he is still an ok guy in my book, not like he cheated on me I expect that from his co workers but not friends. I side with the ones who were cheated on, these people who did this behind their backs are pretty much scum IMO. Uhmm..if you dont stand for something you will fall for anything.

If he was on there for s..t. and giggles. Then why should his job or marriage be at stake.

Was he taking females to lunch on the state's dime?

He said he was just conversing and never tried to lure anything in. People go to bars or clubs to do this all of the time. Jmo

While I don't feel too bad for most of the people exposed (including at least one in my own extended family.)

There are a few that I can muster up some sympathy for.
There were some members from other countries... where it may be a death penalty crime.
Those I feel sorry for... since it shouldn't be a death penalty crime to start with.

However, in most cases I'm just relieved hypocrites are being exposed.
Also, you'd have to be pretty gullible to use your work/real email for that. :twocents:

Mr. Ashton stated during his press conference when asked about engaging in this activity on taxpayer time that he is a prosecutor for the 9th district 24/7. There is never a time when he is not the prosecutor. That position is not one you clock into and out of.

Addressing the IP - DNS - he admitted he used the publicly accessible, non secured wi-fi to log into the site using his own personal laptop while at his office.

I do not know what I think tomorrow or the days to come will mean for his position and career. I do know I am disappointed that he has acted in a manner that could negate in the public eye his hard work of many years.

Most of all I am sad that his wife and kids are now left dealing with this mess and heartbreak.

You say you're disappointed that Jeff Ashton's action's could change the public's view about his prior work. That's a valid point. His actions in this situation can reflect on his work as a prosecutor.

He's in big trouble as an elective official. His chances of being reelected are not good. JMO.

I think it's no one's business but his and his wife. Since he didn't act on his impulses, all he is guilty
of is thinking about it. Even Jimmy Carter admitted to lusting in his heart over other women.
He did his looking on his own private time. Shame he had to be humiliated over something so silly.

You say you're disappointed that Jeff Ashton's action's could change the public's view about his prior work. That's a valid point. His actions in this situation can reflect on his work as a prosecutor.

He's in big trouble as an elective official. His chances of being reelected are not good. JMO.

BBM. The voters of Florida have elected - and re-elected - people who've done much, much worse. Just google the name of our current governor and "medicare fraud" and you'll have one example right there. Will people think his actions show very poor judgment? Yes. Will voters re-elect him? If they believe he's doing his job well, very probably.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14
Back