Attorney Seeks To Spare Casey Anthony From Death Penalty

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So her defense attorneys are releasing Casey's baby pics to dissuade prosecutors from the death penalty, according to CNN. Unbelievable. Simply playing on emotion. I hope these attorneys get a special place in hell. Truly disgusting people.

"1:30 p.m. On Aug. 25, Department of Children and Families investigator William Procknow met with Casey Anthony and her mother, Cindy Anthony, at their home on Hopespring Drive. Casey Anthony greeted Procknow with a smile and sat down with him in the dining room.

The meeting was to go over the allegations of maltreatment, inadequate supervision and threatened harm -- accusations reported to DCF.

Anthony told him that she looked forward to telling her side of the story to someone other than her family and law enforcement. Cindy Anthony began talking then Casey stopped her, saying this was her chance to speak.

TV Guy Hal Boedeker's commentary on the Casey Anthony case coverage Casey went on to describe how she left her child with babysitter Zenaida Gonzales so she could work. She said despite what the sheriff's office has reported, she is a seasonal worker at Universal Studios in the event department.

When the investigator inquired about the babysitter, Casey Anthony said she couldn't reveal more because of her criminal case.

She described how she met Caylee's father in middle school and said his name was Eric. He and his family moved to Kentucky where he later died in a car crash. She refused to give his last name to protect his family's privacy.

Casey talked about the psychological testing that was done at the jail. She said she was told that "everything was normal" and she has never been diagnosed with any mental health conditions.

When talking about the case, she vowed that she is innocent and did not do anything to her child. She said the sheriff's office is trying to "break her and make her confess to something she did not do."

She repeated several times that authorities would not "break her and she and her attorney are confident going to trial."

Throughout the meeting, Procknow noticed she appeared detached emotionally, appearing "very cool and smooth" and spoke with conviction and confidence.

On Sept. 4, Procknow and another DCF worker met with Casey at the Orange County Jail. She told the child protection workers that the sheriff's office is spending more time trying to find her guilty without any evidence instead of searching for Caylee.

One of the workers mentioned that Sheriff Kevin Beary was on the news recently, saying he was offering more money to help the group EquuSearch look for the toddler.

"She stated she is aware of the group, but hasn't seen the news recently. She stated that as a mother she would have a knowing feeling inside if something bad happened to Caylee and that her mother, Cindy, had the same type of feeling about her and her brother growing up," Procknow wrote in the report.

During their conversation, the investigators noted Anthony referred to Caylee as "that child," suggesting some form of detachment."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-110608,0,5488005.story

IMNSHO, Susan Smith should have received the DP. Andrea Yates - no. I didn't hear all the evidence, but quite a bit. I won't go into detail.

That woman, I do feel for. When she does finally realize what she's done she will probably have to be put on suicide watch. Her husband should have been convicted as an acomplice. I have my reasons for feeling that way. He should be behind bars for life.

Susan Smith and KC? Both deserve the DP and I would hope without benefit of appeals but I know that's not possible.

O/T hope I don't get in trouble.:eek:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,143508,00.html
Andrea Yates' Conviction Overturned
HOUSTON — Andrea Yates' (search) murder conviction for drowning her children in the bathtub was overturned by an appeals court Thursday because a psychiatrist for the prosecution gave erroneous testimony that suggested the Texas mother got the idea from an episode of "Law & Order."

Last I heard she was in a state mental hospital.

About KC- IMO if she would tell LE where she put Caylee- I think LWOP would be suitable.

Thought I would save you some time. I had this typed out before because of this question.

Brian B. Interview with LE on July 30, 2008http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/bb092308.pdf

LE: Now you took a vacation to Chicago in June. And you took your whole family?
BB: Yes
LE: OK, you indicated on this calendar here, you, you left on the 10th of June. You drove always the there?
BB: Yes.
LE: And uh, you spent the time in Chicago. Came back home. And you returned home on June 16th?
BB: Yes.
EE: Is that correct? You say you had the week of the 15th through the 21st [sic June] off because you were still on vacation. So you where at home?
BB: Correct
Page 1385 Lines 20 –25 & Page 1386 Lines 1-6

EE: Now you say that uh, you got home on the 16th [sic June] about what time?
BB: Around 6:00PM
Page 1386 Lines 11-13

Now Baily D. a neighbor who lives 3 houses away [just over 150' with two other homes as a buffer plus his own and the A's] on the same side of the street is mentioned in a Globe article about hearing a fight. I have not read the article and if LE took a statment from him it has not been realeased. so at this point..... no documented fight

THANKS SHadow! :blowkiss:

I find it very disturbing to think that Casey's lawyers may try using PPD as a "defense." With Caylee almost three years old, the only PPD Casey was recently "suffering" from was "Privileged Princess Delusions..."

IMNSHO, Susan Smith should have received the DP. Andrea Yates - no. I didn't hear all the evidence, but quite a bit. I won't go into detail.

That woman, I do feel for. When she does finally realize what she's done she will probably have to be put on suicide watch. Her husband should have been convicted as an acomplice. I have my reasons for feeling that way. He should be behind bars for life.

Susan Smith and KC? Both deserve the DP and I would hope without benefit of appeals but I know that's not possible.

oh I agree, but I am just pointing out that KC is even worse than Susan Smith, because she is still lying and will not take responsibility. They both killed their children for a man and freedom.

My bold and italics-you and I are of one mind on this.

My bold and italics-you and I are of one mind on this.

That part was hard for me.

I suffered from severe PPD myself.

She suffered far more and I do believe her husband had a lot to do with it. Mine did, as did my own family, but my children still live and do well.

But I do believe that once she (Andrea Yates) realizes what she did we'll read in the papers about her suicide. :(

Very, very, very sad. :(

She suffered far more and I do believe her husband had a lot to do with it. Mine did, as did my own family, but my children still live and do well.

But I do believe that once she (Andrea Yates) realizes what she did we'll read in the papers about her suicide. :(

Agreed-her psychosis was so profound,imo.

I was actually bitter as well that her husband did not share any responsibility except in a general-karma type way for what had happened.

I am sorry that you suffered so and I am relieved that you found your way through it.

Don't mean to get off topic, but when I read Jane's post, I immediately thought of a fairly famous case in Australia, and looked the information up in Wikipedia:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Azaria Chantel Loren Chamberlain (born 11 June 1980 in Mount Isa, Queensland) was a ten-week-old Australian baby who disappeared on the night of 17 August 1980 on a camping trip to Uluru with her family.
Her parents, Lindy and Michael Chamberlain, reported that she had been taken from their tent by a dingo. An initial inquest, highly critical of the police investigation, supported this assertion. The findings of the inquest were broadcast live on television — a first in Australia. Subsequently, after a further investigation and second inquest, Azaria's mother, Lindy Chamberlain, was tried and convicted of her murder, on 29 October 1982 and sentenced to life imprisonment. Azaria's father, Michael Chamberlain, was convicted as an accessory after the fact and given a suspended sentence.

Maybe JB could add the "dingo defense" to the list. :)

Hi :) I was in my early teens at the time of that case and had forgotten about that , but was more talking about now...and what happens

But in regards to that case this was a case by *trial by media* they did actually have some evidence though
Her body was never found, although her heavily blood-stained singlet, jumpsuit and nappy were discovered a week later. Lindy Chamberlain alleged that a dingo had taken the baby. This allegation aroused public disbelief as widespread as it was ill-informed; but this was only the first sign that ignorance and prejudice would run ahead of the evidence and ultimately dictate its direction in critical ways. Out of bigotry concerning the Chamberlains’ adherence to the Seventh Day Adventist faith and a seemingly endless stream of bizarre rumours—such as the claims that the name Azaria meant ‘sacrifice in the wilderness’ and that the Chamberlains had expressed no grief at the loss of their daughter— was forged the urban myth that Azaria’s death was a sacrificial rite carried out by religious fanatics. In vital respects this formed the unstated subtext of the police investigation and prosecution case.

And just to clear up she was actually released

After the discovery of Azaria’s matinee jacket at Uluru in early 1986, the Northern Territory government released Lindy and established an inquiry into the convictions chaired by Federal Court Justice Trevor Morling. In finding that the convictions were unsafe, the inquiry relied on new evidence, but it also substantially discredited the evidence relied upon by the Crown at the trial.
The relatively minor points of law and nuances in their application aside, the enduring significance of this remarkable case in the annals of High Court jurisprudence lies in the sobering example it provides of the limited capacity of the appellate process to remedy injustice where it stems from a source other than manifest legal error—in this case from prejudice, incompetence, misplaced zeal and excessive confidence in the certitudes of science.

This is her website if anyone wishes to read the entire thing

http://www.lindychamberlain.com/content/home

I don't honestly know, I wasnt old enough at the time to understand it all, and all I have is all the hype about it ... Its easy to say she did it and its easy to say she didn't.

Anyway don't want to go off the track here with this.. but things have changed somewhat in the past nearly 30 years :)

Agreed-her psychosis was so profound,imo.

I was actually bitter as well that her husband did not share any responsibility except in a general-karma type way for what had happened.

I am sorry that you suffered so and I am relieved that you found your way through it.

:blowkiss: to anyone who has experienced PPD or who has been accused of suffering PPD by a negligent spouse for reasons of gaining power over her.

I'm sad for her and angry that her example is used to show that women who suffer PPD murder their children. This precendent is used by psycho husbands to try and prove that that their wives are "bad mothers."

She described how she met Caylee's father in middle school and said his name was Eric. He and his family moved to Kentucky where he later died in a car crash. She refused to give his last name to protect his family's privacy.

That makes 2 young friends/potential fathers who conveniently "died" IN A CAR crash.

Jesus & Eric. Dead people tell no tales.

Cars & Casey sure don't seem to go together very well. Not according to the cadaver dogs, anyway.

So how does a document like this "leak"? It looks like the whole thing has just been handed over. Everyone has it. What's the purpose of letting this out?

Pink...I actually think it's all rather simple! I think the attorney from Miami has looked at the evidence, looked at what she is facing (DEATH) and is just doing the job that he needs to do and that's to try and save her ASSets.
He does not have time for the fairy tails, tall tails and "mistruths" And I would also venture to say that he is not going to have his reputaion on the line if he were to join the circus with the rest of the clowns! I t hink he is OBLIGATED as a DP attorney to file all the proper papers and this seems to be one of them.

Pink...I actually think it's all rather simple! I think the attorney from Miami has looked at the evidence, looked at what she is facing (DEATH) and is just doing the job that he needs to do and that's to try and save her ASSets.
He does not have time for the fairy tails, tall tails and "mistruths" And I would also venture to say that he is not going to have his reputaion on the line if he were to join the circus with the rest of the clowns! I t hink he is OBLIGATED as a DP attorney to file all the proper papers and this seems to be one of them.

Amen.

Nobody with any sense wants to destroy his/her reputation at the expense of this loopy family.

BUT he didn't properly file them with the court. Instead they were leaked to the media.

BUT he didn't properly file them with the court. Instead they were leaked to the media.
You're absolutely right! So why? I think something is going on behind the scenes.

She has had periods where she remembered so she then refused meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc