Aunt Interview/Stepmom says Zahra Died Sept 24 *merged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to one warrant unsealed Tuesday, in a Nov. 19 interview with police in Hickory, Elisa Baker said her husband, Adam Baker, "dismembered Zahra Baker's limbs, and they disposed of them in various locations" after the girl died.

The warrant went on to say, though, that cell phone records indicate Adam Baker was not in the locations where Zahra's remains were found on the day Elisa Baker indicated, but that cell phone records showed she was present in those locations.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-05/stepmother-s-aunt-nc-girl-died-of-natural-causes.html

This has probably been stated, sorry if I am repeating (I had to break from this case due to emotional issues wrapped up in it.)

I take sort of a pleasure in knowing that it was only her in these locations, if this information from MSM is true. It broke my heart to think [feel] that Zahra was in an environment where neither parent loved her. This statement sort of explains the opposite, at least in some sense.

I can only guess, it was a Saturday and no one was responsible that day? No one likes to work on Saturdays.

I have been unlucky tonight to open the warrants for some reason. I'm wanting the cell phone records warrant, and where it states that EB's cell phone was at the sites where Zahra was found on September 25th, 2010 to be exact. TIA, muchas gracias amigos . xoxooxox
It starts at the bottom of p. 21 at the link, Dr. K.

http://www.wsoctv.com/download/2011/0104/26368831.pdf

This is not someone that is "friendly" with EB. They are however "friendly" with AB. This person could possibly have made comments about how AB could have had nothing to do with what happened to Zahra. This person could have heard from AB things about Zahra up until a certain date. This person could have thought that they were helping out AB. I am not sure about any of it. I just know that things are hinky (IMO) concerning this sighting and there not being any proof.

I really wish that I could explain more and just say what I discovered. It may mean nothing and just be a huge coincidence. However there are some things that have occured after this sighting was reported that do not make sense. I have felt from the beginning (since the sighting was reported) that things were not adding up. For a furniture store of that size to not have turned on the cameras that day is also odd, why have them at all if you don't plan on using them?
I have doubts about the sighting, believe me. On the other hand, it's hard to overlook the reports that say "employees" went to LE, not just one individual.

Thank you Bessie! What I'm looking for is the link to the 25th and her where abouts verification. I'm not seeing that connection. I'm seeing she said the 24th Zahra died, she said the 25th "they disposed of her at two locations" and dumped other evidence elsewhere. I'm not seeing where LE said it was the 24th or 25th. They have only statements I think from EB.

Oh hurry up forensics. Must be an awful pressure type job. Well here's a thanks and I'll be patient too.

Thank you Bessie! What I'm looking for is the link to the 25th and her where abouts verification. I'm not seeing that connection. I'm seeing she said the 24th Zahra died, she said the 25th "they disposed of her at two locations" and dumped other evidence elsewhere. I'm not seeing where LE said it was the 24th or 25th. They have only statements I think from EB.

Oh hurry up forensics. Must be an awful pressure type job. Well here's a thanks and I'll be patient too.
Gotcha! Sorry I misunderstoof you. I searched for a more definite statement, but I guess we have to settle for "consistent with" the date, etc. That's good enough for me. because I don't see where a day or two one way or the other really makes much difference. Other than the furniture store sighting, there are no crucial factors riding on the timeline.

something doesnt add up.

It is only EB that is saying "they" disposed of zahra on the 25th, however the LE have obviously put a bit of faith in this as they have checked her mobile records, which do have her at the locations of the disposals on this day.

Why have the LE or newspapers not mentioned anything about a "confirmed" sighting of Zahra alive that day??? surely it couldnt be just us on websleuths that have picked up this discrepancy.

re Eliza not up with dates, I think the opposite is true, in her letters she was very much in touch with what was being said about her and I am sure the LE in their interviewing of her would have mentioned the 25th sighting. so why say the 24th?

1) either it wasnt zahra in the shop, or it was another day they saw her.

2) they went to the shop, afterwhich zahra was killed, dismembered and disposed off....

3) EB out looking for locations. (premeditation)

does anyone know if the furniture shop and the disposal locations are within close proximity???

to prove 2 true we would need the times of the mobile pings......if she went to the shop in the morn and the pings were in the evening this is possible.

does anyone know what time they were seen in the shop?

the only thing we know is true is that her mobile pinged in the disposal locations on the day she said she disposed of her.

I can only guess, it was a Saturday and no one was responsible that day? No one likes to work on Saturdays.

I have been unlucky tonight to open the warrants for some reason. I'm wanting the cell phone records warrant, and where it states that EB's cell phone was at the sites where Zahra was found on September 25th, 2010 to be exact. TIA, muchas gracias amigos . xoxooxox

I've cropped the section of a warrant that discusses it for you, Dr. Know. HTH.

Attachments

• cell location.jpg
    cell location.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 23
RALEIGH, N.C. — A relative of Zahra Baker's stepmother said Wednesday that the jailed woman told her the 10-year-old girl died of an illness and that her parents "went wild," dismembering and hiding her remains.

rsbm

Just using your post as a jumping off point, Makara.

I believe EB's 'relative' feels she is trying to help her. And that's about all I believe. If the woman (either EB or the aunt) thinks this story will help garner sympathy for EB, she's in serious denial.

Even if I try my hardest to put myself in EB's shoes (*shudder*) and imagine I have had many encounters with DSS while raising my children and Zahra and I'm afraid to get in trouble when Zahra dies of "natural causes", there's no way in hell I'm going to think the best way to deal with the situation is dismemberment. NO way. Maybe, just maybe, I could believe the story if she had disposed of Zahra (god, it hurts to type that) intact. After all, then the autopsy (even two months later) would reveal she had died of natural causes. The only reason to dismember, other than pure unadulterated evil, is to hide evidence of a crime.

The only positive about her telling her relatives anything when they come to visit (and god bless those relatives, because I don't believe I'd be visiting her if I was related) is the fact that you can bet dollars to doughnuts that LE is recording, and analyzing everything she says.

One other thing that's been discussed is her letters to Gein where she says "what he did afterwards." I'd just like to remind everyone that she doesn't name anyone, she simply says he. "He" could be any one of the male players in this case that LE has confirmed was "close" (*shudder*) to EB.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wish NC was a Sunshine State and we could actually get to see the cell phone pings, etc.

To stay on topic, I, personally, do not believe the Sept. 24th date. But that's because I don't believe one word EB says as everything she's said has been self-serving.

All the above, MHO.

What I remember, FWIW, was LE asking AFTER they knew about the sighting was for people to still come forth if they had seen her prior to a certain date. I know at the time there were a few post wondering if the "furniture store'" sighting had turned out to be false or on the wrong date.........seems like the info came from a presser about the date. Anyone else remember this?

What I remember, FWIW, was LE asking AFTER they knew about the sighting was for people to still come forth if they had seen her prior to a certain date. I know at the time there were a few post wondering if the "furniture store'" sighting had turned out to be false or on the wrong date.........seems like the info came from a presser about the date. Anyone else remember this?
I remember it that way also, teh, as though LE wasn't confident with the date. I don't recall the presser, per se, though.

I found this report and video from October 17th. It says, in part,

A statement released by the Hickory, N.C., Police Department only said that Zahra, who was reported missing on Oct. 9, was seen in public on Sept. 25, but a furniture store manager told reporters that the girl was there with her stepmother.

link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/authoritie...aker-missing-north-carolina/story?id=11901744

Prior to that, was this video from October 12th where Chief Tom Adkins asks anyone who's seen Zahra in the last month to come forward.

Would EB's cell phone records from the 25th not be able to verify whether or not she was at the furniture store that day?

I believe she was supposed to have been there around 11am. She obviously had her phone with her at some point during the day, did she have it then and was it turned on?

Where was her phone pinging at 11am that day?

There were multiple phones found in the house. How many of them were active at that time? Did she even have that particular phone with her that day? Did someone else have it? Do the pings indicate that the phone stopped in the area of the disposal sites for any length of time or do they indicate that the person just drove through the area? Do the records show that phone or any of the others being in that area on any other days?

If EB was at the furniture store that day and there was another mystery woman there with her, did this woman live in the area of the disposal sites? Was EB in the area to pick up and drop her off?

If the date of the 24th is correct and the furniture store siting of Zahra on the 25th turns out to be mistaken, then I see this as a deliberate effort to throw EB under the bus, to take the full hit for whatever happened, by a group of individuals.

She does make the perfect scapegoat though doesn't she?

MOO

Ok, I found what I was talking about........It was in the raw video of LE talking about the land fill search on 10/21/2010. The "witnesses" from the furniture store was first mentioned on/about Oct. 17. On the 21rst, LE says that even though they have witnesses, they are extending the time line back a month prior to the Sept. 25 date. So at the time some of us were thinking the sighting might be "iffy".

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25453585/index.html

So am I. Why she would give the date of 9/24, however, is beyond my understanding if she had taken Zahra out in public on the 25th. Wouldn't it occur to her someone may have remembered seeing Zahra? :waitasec: MOO

I don't think she gave that much thought. But I agree with you...it's a mystery to me why she would lie about the date. Perhaps she is simply mistaken. Or perhaps she's trying to throw LE off with respect to a different date? Hard to say.

Would EB's cell phone records from the 25th not be able to verify whether or not she was at the furniture store that day?

I believe she was supposed to have been there around 11am. She obviously had her phone with her at some point during the day, did she have it then and was it turned on?

Where was her phone pinging at 11am that day?

There were multiple phones found in the house. How many of them were active at that time? Did she even have that particular phone with her that day? Did someone else have it? Do the pings indicate that the phone stopped in the area of the disposal sites for any length of time or do they indicate that the person just drove through the area? Do the records show that phone or any of the others being in that area on any other days?

If EB was at the furniture store that day and there was another mystery woman there with her, did this woman live in the area of the disposal sites? Was EB in the area to pick up and drop her off?

If the date of the 24th is correct and the furniture store siting of Zahra on the 25th turns out to be mistaken, then I see this as a deliberate effort to throw EB under the bus, to take the full hit for whatever happened, by a group of individuals.

She does make the perfect scapegoat though doesn't she?

MOO

That's a very interesting question, Kamille. And it makes me wonder if EB gave the dod as Sept. 24 in order to protect this woman...whoever she may be.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/8887061/

A relative of Zahra Baker's stepmother said Wednesday that the jailed woman told her the 10-year-old girl died of an illness and that her parents "went wild," dismembering and hiding her remains.

Boncetta "Buzzie" Winkler, 76, told The Associated Press that she met this week with her niece, Elisa Baker, and talked about what happened to the freckle-faced Australian girl whose disappearance and death have riveted communities in North Carolina and her native country.

"She'd been sick two weeks before she died," Winkler said. "When they found her, I guess they didn't know what to do. They just went wild."

Is there anyone even remotely stable or normal involved in this entire mess? What kind of family unit can't recognize things that are THIS crazy?

Is anyone else concerned about all these relatives talking so openly about the case that they are tainting the jury pool and without a concrete COD this could be plausible to "normal" people? I know that most people don't think like WS'ers (witness MSM comments sections on murder cases like Brad Cooper, etc) but are they gullible enough to be swayed by the<modsnip>?

That's a very interesting question, Kamille. And it makes me wonder if EB gave the dod as Sept. 24 in order to protect this woman...whoever she may be.

Or she could have provided the date Sept. 24 to discredit the furniture store sighting. If Zahra appeared healthy and smiling on Sept 25, it hurts EB's claim that the child died of natural causes.

I have not heard of a sighting from 9/22...where did you see this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back