AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad the mum/grandma died when she did. Perhaps they would have been found a whole lot sooner. At the very least, I think even though she had been told Karlie had wanted no contact with the family, she would have tried to keep in touch. Even a phone call every so often.

I decided early in the case to call the remains in the suitcase Angel simply because I wanted to give her a name and not just be known as the bones/remains in the suitcase. The name seems to have stuck but I never imagined that name would eventually be connected to her murdered mother who was also dubbed Angel by the investigators of her case due to the t-shirt found with her body with the word Angelic on the front if it.

What is especially heartbreaking is that Khandalyce was only two years old when she was murdered! WHY? That is all that is buzzing around in my head right now. WHY? Where is the sick, cruel monster who did this to her and also murdered her mother? Hopefully police now have enough information and will be able to make an arrest very soon.

Rest in peace Khandalyce and Karlie. :rose: :rose:Justice is coming for you both.

I was just about to say it was you who named named this little ray of sunshine and soon as I heard the Mother was called Angel and I immediately thought of you..at first, I thought you may have known more which was spooky I then read the story to see it was a 'crimestopper' call 2 weeks ago. Goose bumps for you.

Hopefully the person/s responsible are in sight and a quick arrest is made.

Rest in heavens garden Angels you are now in a safer place.

12pm news radio 2CH
The family has believed they have been safe and well up until receiving a call today from police.

Didn't any family members recognize grandmother's quilt when it was first shown in MSM at the start of investigations?
So sad to look at that little baby's innocent face and try to imagine anyone hurting her so violently. Makes me cry every time. The monster/s who did that .... how could anyone?

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/girls-remains-suitcase-daughter-slain-woman/2814348/

Girl found in suitcase is daughter of slain woman

South Australian Major Crime Detectives obtained Khandalyce's records which showed she was immunised at 18 months.

There was no further record of her receiving medical treatment or being enrolled in school.

Finally a blood sample from Khandalyce's medical records was analysed by Forensic Science South Australia and conclusively matched the DNA profile extracted from the skeletal remains in the suitcase.

KarlieJadeMotherSuitcasegirl.jpg

Karlie, mother of our "Angel"

Sadly, many people arent interested in news. Most people I spoke to dont really care. Being interstate would Angel in a case be ignored if not seen less interstate on news footage?
Interesting the bodies weren't left together. Some of us check the news each morning, some prefer other options I guess.

There is no denying she is blonde. So is mum by the looks. I guessed Russian, but looks like Polish heritage as someone suggested?

One of Milats mates?
http://www.news.com.au/national/the-day-i-met-serial-killer-ivan-milat/story-fncynjr2-1226684817076

Didn't any family members recognize grandmother's quilt when it was first shown in MSM at the start of investigations?
So sad to look at that little baby's innocent face and try to imagine anyone hurting her so violently. Makes me cry every time. The monster/s who did that .... how could anyone?

Completely blown away at how awesome NSW/SA police are. Spinning out at the distance between the NT, Belanglo State Forest and Wynarka. Apologies if things have already been addressed here tonight. Still just processing. RIP Angel and your gorgeous daughter xx

I have tried to think back to babies and toddlers I saw a lot 5 or 6 years ago and maybe I'm not observant, but to be honest, I couldn't tell you what their favourite blankie was, although I know most have had a favourite one.
Since she doesn't seem to have been around her family much anyway, perhaps it is not surprising that they didn't recognise the quilt Mum/Auntie/Granny had made.
She may have made lots of quilts (there is another on a sofa in the background of the photo), so maybe this particular one had no reason to stand out or be noticed.

But that said, in the end it was realising they had a photo of the child and quilt that made the person call Crimestoppers.

What kind of heartless beast kills a mom and her little girl, then to add insult to injury, dumps them apart from one another? imo.

I have tried to think back to babies and toddlers I saw a lot 5 or 6 years ago and maybe I'm not observant, but to be honest, I couldn't tell you what their favourite blankie was, although I know most have had a favourite one.
Since she doesn't seem to have been around her family much anyway, perhaps it is not surprising that they didn't recognise the quilt Mum/Auntie/Granny had made.
She may have made lots of quilts (there is another on a sofa in the background of the photo), so maybe this particular one had no reason to stand out or be noticed.

But that said, in the end it was realising they had a photo of the child and quilt that made the person call Crimestoppers.

The ragged quilt had little resemblance to the original, I find - except the musical notes fabric. Maybe that's the reason nobody recognized the "suitcase quilt"?
Actually the investigation needed only 3 months, amazing.

Wasn't the message to Karlie's mum in September 2009 a text or phone call or some other message saying that Karlie's didn't want contact with her family any more? I bet it wasn't Karlie saying that. I reckon that she had already been killed by then.

How sad that the mum/gran died thinking that her daughter didn't want to see her any more.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-...ones-in-belanglo/story-fni0fee2-1227576899664

Detectives link Wynarka girl’s bones in suitcase to ‘Angel’ bones in Belanglo

Homicide Squad commander Detective Superintendent Mick Willing yesterday said the pair was last seen when Karlie’s car was pulled over by police on the Stuart Highway near Coober Pedy in northern South Australia on November 8, 2008. At the time Karlie was 20, and Khandalyce two.

There was also an unconfirmed sighting in the ACT, a few hours from Belanglo State Forest, in December, 2008.

Family and friends of slain mother Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson, and her daughter, Khandalyce Kiara, tried desperately to reunite them with Karlie’s dying mother — but they were both dead.

It is understood that DNA tests have linked the two bodies who police believe both died extremely violent deaths.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-...ones-in-belanglo/story-fni0fee2-1227576899664

KHANDALYCE KIARA PEARCE TIMELINE

November 8, 2008: Khandalyce last seen with her mother Karlie Jade on Stuart Highway near Coober Pedy, SA

September 4, 2009: Reported missing by Karlie’s mum

October 9, 2009: Missing person’s report withdrawn

April/May, 2015: Strange man, about 60, seen carrying a suitcase seen heading out of Wynarka, SA

July 14, 2015: The bones of Khandalyce were found in a weathered suitcase dumped beside a

South Australian highway 1.5km outside the tiny town of Wynarka

July 29, 2015: 43 children including Madeleine McCann ruled out as the potential victim. William Tyrell also ruled out quickly.

October 21, 2015: Police announce they have identified the young girl as Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, from Alice Springs

KARLIE JADE “ANGEL” TIMELINE

November 8, 2008: Karlie Jade last seen with her daughter Khandalyce on Stuart Highway near Coober Pedy, SA

September 4, 2009: Reported missing by Karlie’s mother. Withdrawn six days later after Karlie made contact with her mother.

August 29, 2010: Unidentified female’s body found in the Belanglo State Forest south of Sydney

September 15, 2010: Ivan Milat ruled out as a suspect

December, 2011: Police appeal for help from public, release computer-generated image created

by Australia’s only facial anthropologist

November, 2012: Police entertain theory that Ivan Milat’s nephew Matthew could have been involved with ‘Angel’s’ death

October 21, 2015: Police announce they have identified ‘Angel’ as Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson

Wasn't the message to Karlie's mum in September 2009 a text or phone call or some other message saying that Karlie's didn't want contact with her family any more? I bet it wasn't Karlie saying that. I reckon that she had already been killed by then.

How sad that the mum/gran died thinking that her daughter didn't want to see her any more.

But at least she died thinking they were alive and well, rather thanhaving her heart broken by knowing that they had been brutally murdered.

Could a stranger have killed the two, and then kept Karlie's mobile phone and used it to text Karlie's mom saying she wanted no further contact? I guess any phone records/ pings will be long gone now :(

I think that Khandalice was killed on the murderer's property. The murderer got rid of the adult body but the child's body and the suitcase were put somewhere on their property, where the body decomposed. Five years later, someone decides to get rid of the evidence and puts Khandy's remains into the suitcase then dumps them by the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member