AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an anoying database by the way. Why can't you choose between male and female. Or a specific year.

Here's the other one, it's not that great either .. http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com one looks like it was built in 1994, and the other one is badly organised as you say. They need to show a short synopsis with each picture so that you know what year, month, area etc they disappeared from before you click on the picture at the least to make it easier to look through.

Found something interesting ..

Nannup bones not linked to missing cult members

Updated April 16, 2012 18:47:01 - ABC

Authorities have ruled out links between human remains found in the South West earlier this year and the unsolved disappearance of four people who were linked to a religious cult.

The bones were found in a paddock near Nannup in February and there were suspicions they could be linked to the disappearance of the four, including Chantelle McDougall and her six year-old daughter, who were last seen in 2008.

Acting Sergeant Craig Edwards says it is now clear the bones do not belong to any of the four missing persons.

"At this time we have checked that with the West Australian and national data bases and been unable to match that to any known person," Sergeant Edwards said.

"At this stage we are sending the report out to Interpol with a view to having them check out if this person was possibly a foreign national.
"We don't have any firm information that the person is a foreign national, but it's just an avenue we are exploring at this time."

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Remains.htm

It's WA and looks like she ran away with a cult: http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/missing-persons/profiles/profiles/m/c/mcdougall leela - wa

Hi I am new on websleuths but been following this thread awaiting registration. Unfortunately am in a different time zone so it's hard to catch up on everything. Re: the man with a suitcase I think he deliberately planted it in Wynarka and then went back to move it closer to the highway as it wasn't found straightaway. I can't see it being left there by a killer with all belongings and that unusual blanket. I think the person who left it there wanted justice for Karlie and Khandalyce. Or maybe the suitcase was buried initially but uncovered during winds/floods? Don't know the climate really...

Hi I am new on websleuths but been following this thread awaiting registration. Unfortunately am in a different time zone so it's hard to catch up on everything. Re: the man with a suitcase I think he deliberately planted it in Wynarka and then went back to move it closer to the highway as it wasn't found straightaway. I can't see it being left there by a killer with all belongings and that unusual blanket. I think the person who left it there wanted justice for Karlie and Khandalyce. Or maybe the suitcase was buried initially but uncovered during winds/floods? Don't know the climate really...

:wagon: KatiUK

​Interesting idea that .. :)

Darren Ashley was sentenced in 2012/13 so he could have been the one that murdered the angels. Does anyone know on what grounds he's been ruled out as a suspect? Can't access that article in the Australian

Unless someone had her card and pin.......

As far as centrelink payments go they would have continued to be made unless she was contacted for a "review" (and didn't attend) which is done every couple of years I think.

I was on a single parenting payment until recently, I didn't have to do anything for 6 years, the money just came in automatically. Family Tax Benefit is a bit different though, I think, because they ask for a family income estimate once a year. Not sure what happens if you don't update.

I was on a single parenting payment until recently, I didn't have to do anything for 6 years, the money just came in automatically. Family Tax Benefit is a bit different though, I think, because they ask for a family income estimate once a year. Not sure what happens if you don't update.

I've worked for Centrelink. They run programs that select people for review. So if certain events have happened/not happened (for example, filling in an employment declaration telling the tax department you are starting work... or you've got self employed income and haven't provided new details of it for an improbable length of time... that sort of thing) you may be sure to be reviewed, if certain other events have happened it might just make you more likely to be reviewed. The algorithms used are altered to respond to whatever it is everyone in review chain of command feels it needs to be... for example if there's been a scandal with people earning fruitpicking income and not declaring it the review programmers will be instructed to come up with a plan to see that more people who are doing that find themselves put on the spot. I kinda think there's also a random component to the selections which means no-one can be 100% sure they won't be hauled in and asked to confirm their details and provide some ID. So it is sorta a systematic set of reviews but also semi-random.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...journey-to-abyss/story-e6frg6nf-1227580625047

This article says the police don't believe she was on benefits.

Poor kid, she had enough gumption to get up and go, it could have gone a lot better for her if the winds of chance had blown the right way.

I'll be surprised if there are not arrests this weekend based on them saying they have spoken to people they believe have knowledge of the crimes.

I can't read the Australian article, but I'm hoping the man recently put in a high security wing in Cessnock wasn't the suspect, instead he was someone the suspect confessed to.

I can't read the Australian article, but I'm hoping the man recently put in a high security wing in Cessnock wasn't the suspect, instead he was someone the suspect confessed to.

They've said the searches are related to the people who had the shopping centre sighting, and I assume took the photo, not the people in jail. Who from what I understand called crimestoppers? It's curious.

Here is the Australian sex offender registry for those interested in trying to work out who this guy is: http://www.mako.org.au/prelist.html

Oh LOL .. first name on the list in NSW is Kristy Abrahams! For those who followed the case of her missing daughter this is great to see.

:greetings:I wondered about it being buried too and then uncovered by floods, but I was unable to find any data. In any event, I think the road it was situated on wouldn't be the type of place for it to be buried. If someone was going to bury a suitcase with a body in it, I would imagine they would choose somewhere away from the highway in the bush, where they would have a better chance of not being seen by passing motorists or trains. It is incredibly difficult and time consuming to dig sufficiently deep to bury something you don't want found (unless it's to be buried in a nice, turned over garden bed).

I think the body was just thrown in the suitcase with the belongings as convenience - not for any other reason, such as sentimentality or remorse. By the look of degradation of the belongings, I would suspect the body had been put in the suitcase from day one, with the event of the decomposing body causing extensive damage to the quilt, etc. The forensics would have determined if this was the case, or whether the body was originally somewhere else for an extended period of time and then placed in the suitcase. Mind you, given it appears they didn't use soil experts to determine whether Karlie was originally killed at Belango or not (given they're now changed their minds), and that they haven't been forthcoming in the forensics surrounding Khandalyce's body being in the suitcase, I don't place too much faith that they know, unless of course they do know, but aren't willing to divulge.

There is something that was as common as muck in my youth in Adelaide I think I should mention.

In the 90's you could grow up to 10 marijuana plants without receiving a criminal conviction (by memory it was an on the spot fine depending on how many plants you put in if you got caught). Anyway, it became common for people down on their luck to put in a few plants and make a bit of extra money.

Basically people would dry them and put them in large garbage bags and either sell them on from there in bulk, or take them up further north to be sold on. From the north of the state they would then be taken ACROSS THE MURRAY MALLEE to Wentworth which is the closest border town in NSW where they would be shipped from there.

I suppose similar trafficking routes existed to the north of the state, to Victoria, and WA.

This trade dropped off when the laws were changed, but I'm sure it still exists as once people got used to making the extra money they kept it up.

I think it's possible Karlie became involved in the trafficking.

Single mum, travelling all over Australia, no Centerlink benefits?

With the information available on this suspect has anyone figured out who it is? I literally scrolled through NSW mako files looking for someone sentenced in 2013 for that period of time. I didnt find anything but my eyes are failing me tonight....so tired.

I tried looking through MAKO too but was too overwhelmed to stick with it for very long. Like another poster, Raymond cornwall's name caught my eye.

Dear lord, so basically she hung around the underbelly for her whole life then.

I wonder, if the killer had destroyed all of their belongings and just dumped Khandalyce without the clothes / blankets etc would they have even identified the two bodies at all? I doubt it. I'm starting to wonder if he kept Khandalyce around for awhile after her mothers death, which is horrifying.
This thought has been bouncing around in my head and I don't even want to out it into words because it's so horrific.

But Karlie was a very tiny girl, so you might assume that her daughter would be small for her age as well. They thought Karlie was much younger than her bones suggests. I wondered if it might be the same for Khandalyce.

Thankfully police are saying that Khandalyce was 2 when she died, because at first the bones at Wynarka were thought to be those of a 4 year old. And that idea is just so abhorrent I don't want to spell it out.

This thought has been bouncing around in my head and I don't even want to out it into words because it's so horrific.

But Karlie was a very tiny girl, so you might assume that her daughter would be small for her age as well. They thought Karlie was much younger than her bones suggests. I wondered if it might be the same for Khandalyce.

Thankfully police are saying that Khandalyce was 2 when she died, because at first the bones at Wynarka were thought to be those of a 4 year old. And that idea is just so abhorrent I don't want to spell it out.

I think at the end of the day we'll find out the killer lived near Wynarka don't you? Shouldn't forensics be able to determine her exact age from bones due to bone development? I'm starting to wonder about the state of forensics in this country a bit ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010