AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police are confident that those responsible for the murders are not from Ms Pearce-Stevenson's home town of Alice Springs. She is more likely to have met or befriended the killer or killers while travelling between 2006 and 2010, police say.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/girl...khandalyce-20151023-gkgzi2.html#ixzz3pNCFHXk2

Again - why are they saying 2010 if they are also saying they believe she died in 2008?

I suspect they believe they died in December 2008 because that was when they have evidence that they were last seen but they want to leave open the possibility that Karlie (and presumably Khandalyce) were alive until early in 2010 when Karlie's body was found. They don't want to discount that possibility.

This has been puzzling me also. It seems as if that is the first thing you would think would be done in this modern policing world of DNA & databases.

I wish everyone would stop the blame game at the police. They have worked it out now and it is a pretty incredible case. It's not helpful. They do a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whenever I look at this photo of Khandalyce holding the Rubik's Cube, I feel like she is saying "Please solve the puzzle of what happened to me.". The colours of the Rubik's Cube reflect those of the quilt behind her. The same quilt that many of us have stared at for hours trying to find another piece of the puzzle into Khandalyce's brutal murder.

Those 'cubes' are now turning at a fast rate and it won't be long until justice for you and your mummy is served.

Rest in peace beautiful girl. :rose:

Khandalyce_zpsjlidgl0f.jpg

http://www.9news.com.au/National/20...-suspect-could-be-involved-in-double-homicide

Wat does it say on her t-shirt? 'Baby bonds' ? And a mummy bear with a little bear?

I can't get over how familiar she looks to me on the picture in the shopping centre. Like I've known her for a long time. Really strange.

Is this guy in jail for child molesting offences though? I didn't think he was, just that he had done that in the past. Not that he was awaiting sentencing for that now. He was apparently just in minimum security. Figured it wasn't anything major.

Are you able to elaborate specifically who you are posting about???....the conversation or thread appears to be disjointed...Who are you referencing too that "he had done that in the past"

Does anyone know what the procedure is for travelling across state borders these days? Do they search cars, etc, or do they take your word for what you say you are or are not carrying. It's been many years since I've done a state crossing and am now unfamiliar with the process.

I just drove from Melbourne to the Gold Coast and back and was only stopped once, in a small country town, for a random breath test. The policeman didn't ask us a thing about fruit or where we were going. "Hi, breath test, see ya later"

Have done Adelaide and back a few times and have never been stopped.

If you don't speed and you have a car that at least looks roadworthy you would have to be really unlucky to be stopped, very unlikely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A rebellious young mother isn't likely to take off to another state unless she already has either friends or family in that state???....

The paedophile has previously been in the NSW jail system for child-sex offences but is currently serving four and a half years for other offences. He was spoken to by police just days after they identified the two bodies.

Known pedo but this 4 1/2 year holiday is for something else.
Any suggestions .... drugs, assault .....?????

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...handalyce-pearce/story-fnii5yv7-1227580517513
Paedophile being questioned over double murder of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce Pearce

Definitely not AJ, then?

It's not AJ. For one he was sentenced recently but this suspect was sentenced in 2013. And there is hundreds of child sexual offenders unfortunately. If you are keen try the MAKO files but I did then for about 10 minutes and got so depressed I stopped. I'm sure the identity will be released soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you able to elaborate specifically who you are posting about???....the conversation or thread appears to be disjointed...Who are you referencing too that "he had done that in the past"

the key suspect.

He has been in jail for sex offending in the past.
He is currently incarcerated for other offences.

The paedophile has previously been in the NSW jail system for child-sex offences but is currently serving four and a half years for other offences. He was spoken to by police just days after they identified the two bodies.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...handalyce-pearce/story-fnii5yv7-1227580517513

However this says he is currently serving time for child sex offences.
A key suspect in the killings of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and her young daughter Khandalyce is in custody for committing child sex offences.

Turns out I'm not confused. The media is though.

Unless these are two different suspects?

BBM

Because these pondscum are allowed to have their names suppressed if they ask their lawyers to do so....and yay for them...they can even legally change their names if they choose to do so... wonderful system we have...

Totally agree Puggle - when one has intentionally committed a heinous crime they appear to have have more rights than those(me) who get caught up in toll wars.....and this protection ****....well. Crazy!

Sorry if paywall??
Paraphrased in case.

In what was the last confirmed sighting of mother and daughter on 8 Nov 2008 her red (maroon) commodore was pulled over near Cobber Pedy by police for a routine stop. Without incident she was allowed on her way north, this was the final confirmed sighting.
Karlie had never been in trouble with the law.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...hunt-for-monster/story-e6frg6n6-1227580533615
Mystery of victims Khandalyce Pearce and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson turns to manhunt for monster
ANDREW DOWDELL OCTOBER 23, 2015

Also, forgot to add, how grateful I am for whoever it was who called these tips in. Truly a living angel! They gave not one, but two angels their names back. I can't believe how quickly this thread changed from when I last looked on Monday or Tuesday. I had worried she wouldn't get her name, but, thankfully the people with good intentions and hearts come through, we see this again and again, and while they don't erase the tragic events, they bring light into the case and help keep the evilness from spreading.

I agree, the police didn't solve this case, the person with the good intentions did, that's where the thanks needs to go. No amount of irrelevant sleuthing was going to help here, what was needed was information from those who could identify the belongings that were in the suitcase or had knowledge of those involved, yet were unaware of the circumstances. To think otherwise is fanciful, this case was going no where fast. The police didn't have a clue. Almost a perfect crime.

A beautiful analogy between the cube the quilt and wanting to have her murderer brought to justice Makara... Someone else posted that there are now four generations of the same family - too much tragedy for one family....truly heart breaking...

Need some clarification... I think some people have confused the info on Belanglo Angel (prior to what we know now) info that Police had linked her remains to Margaret River.....had assumed this was Margaret River Western Australia.....There is a Margaret River in Northern Territory ...not far from Adelaide River (Which is of interest to me personally).

Early Reports on this case indicated that police were in contact with Northern Territory Police....this was early on in the case...Links were posted here at the time...very early on...

Sorry If I ramble..... links are hard...and posting - Internal Fan is broken apparently on lappie...so I have to shut down every freakin 5 minutes..to cool down..

FENCE SITTER... Cessnock Prison....It will have a jurisdiction/area.... of the people they incarcerate. Sexual offenders arrested anywhere from January 2015 would be the best bet for someone disposing of evidence (sorry - sounds sick...Baby Angel)...

Fricken Puter....!!!...Not sure if anyone has mentioned... Nomad Outlaw Bikie Gang Roundup of 12 (Renagade Members) - raids on South Australian and New South Wales Properties starting in November 2014 till March 2015 - Fits with time line of Baby Angels remains being desposed of...one theory!!

Also the Cessnock incarceration ...... can't remember why....what was the Kurri Kurri link...was it in Williams case??....not sure if it's important...just thoughts swimming...

ETA: Jane SA and I always thought there was something suspect about the witness accounts of the Old man with the suitcase....??? still wondering why...even months after one witness who appeared to have the pulse on the heart of this tiny town was alluding to the creepiness of this man.......I watched Brays most recent video interview where he said this man had been witnessed many times prior to and had indeed been witnessed even after the remains were found...just have to consolidate when those interviews with that witness were taken.....Maybe she didn't/doesn't have her pulse on Her town (24 residents??) as much as she thinks...???

bbm
Bill Spedding, 63, was released on conditional bail after a court heard there was a possibility his alleged victims had been ‘‘coached’’ or ‘‘cajoled’’ into naming him as their attacker.

Mr Spedding was picked up from Cessnock maximum security prison in a maroon car and hid his face from photographers behind a beach towel.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3157788/spedding-walks-from-prison/

This has been puzzling me also. It seems as if that is the first thing you would think would be done in this modern policing world of DNA & databases.

I wish everyone would stop the blame game at the police. They have worked it out now and it is a pretty incredible case. It's not helpful. They do a good job.

I don't think it is a blame game. If the shoe fits..

Anyway, I think they just didn't consider the possibility, maybe due in part to the initial bone analysis? I think, saying the person found in Belanglo had not spent much time in Australia also led the facial anthropologist to shape the face with a distinctly European look.

It is hoped that lessons will be learned from this, and methods will be refined for future cases. It is obvious that something in Karlie's makeup threw those initial results, so hopefully they will ascertain why that happened. I am sure they will, because the cops go all out to solve these cases, and I imagine more than a few maybe kicking themselves for the oversight as well.

As far as this case goes though, it would have only really meant earlier ID, and I doubt it would have changed much at all. The match simply would have been made sooner.

Because these pondscum are allowed to have their names suppressed if they ask their lawyers to do so....and yay for them...they can even legally change their names if they choose to do so... wonderful system we have...

They do need to have a reason for name suppression, and it has to be valid. I have seen quite a few cases where the judge will chose to not suppress the perpetrator's ID. It isn't just a case of ask and you shall receive, though sometimes it may seem like that.

As for the name changing, well anyone can change their name legally. i would love to see any people convicted of violent crimes against people, especially kids, lose the right to change their names. If they choose to do the crime, then I am sure they won't mind living with the consequences.

The thing that bugs me with this is why this creep held onto the remains of little Candles for so long. And my thoughts take me to very dark places.With the info that they were killed not long after hitting the road, I have a horrid feeling that it was his attraction to the little one that drew him to them.

Leaving these bottom feeding scum who hurt beautiful little kids and their mums to bleed out slowly while chained up in a rat infested sewer would be too good for creeps like this, but oh so rewarding for the rest of us. Just saying.

I agree, the police didn't solve this case, the person with the good intentions did, that's where the thanks needs to go. No amount of irrelevant sleuthing was going to help here, what was needed was information from those who could identify the belongings that were in the suitcase or had knowledge of those involved, yet were unaware of the circumstances. To think otherwise is fanciful, this case was going no where fast. The police didn't have a clue. Almost a perfect crime.

bbm
Finally someone watched the news and had no concerns to call police. Bravo!

How many more mums and toddlers might be hidden somewhere, apart from one another for some 1200km ...??

Hes been put in maximum to protect him so he isnt killed in prison before he takes down a bunch of other pedos? Essentially protective custody?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...le-over-killings/story-fni0cx4q-1227580519609
From this article
"The man was taken from minimum security in Cessnock jail on Wednesday and interviewed by officers* at a nearby police station before being returned and put in the maximum security wing."
Sounds like they are confident this is their man....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!