AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if paywall??
Paraphrased in case.

In what was the last confirmed sighting of mother and daughter on 8 Nov 2008 her red (maroon) commodore was pulled over near Cobber Pedy by police for a routine stop. Without incident she was allowed on her way north, this was the final confirmed sighting.
Karlie had never been in trouble with the law.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...hunt-for-monster/story-e6frg6n6-1227580533615
Mystery of victims Khandalyce Pearce and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson turns to manhunt for monster
ANDREW DOWDELL OCTOBER 23, 2015

Is that a normal procedure to register persons that were pulled over for a routine check and who turned out to be without incident?

Hes been put in maximum to protect him so he isnt killed in prison before he takes down a bunch of other pedos? Essentially protective custody?

They might just think he's a big flight/ escape risk now that he's facing life in jail for two murders?
Plus I think that high profile murderers would normally go to high security anyway?

The paedophile has previously been in the NSW jail system for child-sex offences but is currently serving four and a half years for other offences. He was spoken to by police just days after they identified the two bodies.

Known pedo but this 4 1/2 year holiday is for something else.
Any suggestions .... drugs, assault .....?????

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...handalyce-pearce/story-fnii5yv7-1227580517513
Paedophile being questioned over double murder of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce Pearce

It's a long shot but Raymond Cornwall has a history of offences against young women AND children. He was paroled against the wishes of police & the community in 2007 then rearrested & jailed for parole breaches. This happened again some time in 2008 when he was given 9 mths so he would've been due out again in 2009. He never seems to stay out long so it wouldn't be surprising if he was in again now.

The only reason I'm mentioning him over everyone else on MAKO is his connection to the only other case I've seen where an attempt was made to point blame at the Milats. He comes from a family of 13 or 14 siblings & his brother Kevin Correll, a used Holden salesman from Camden, is the main POI in Rachelle Child's case. Rachelle's car was found abandoned at Bargo Hotel (the town where Backpacker murder items were located on a Milat property & where some Milats still live) which is about 40-45 mins drive from Belanglo. Her body was left by the roadside in the small South Coast town of Gerroa (about 40 mins the other side of Bargo). Kevin changed his last name from Cornwall to Correll after he was acquitted on serious sexual assault charges. Rachelle's case is still unsolved (she was found very near to Jodie Fesus)

There's more out there but this will give the basics

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/new...n-childs-murder/2007/12/21/1198175341962.html

Also, it's way back in the thread now but it might be useful for someone in the future. Forensic anthropologists determine pregnancy history not by pelvic width or soft tissue changes but by the notches or grooves left in the pelvic bones after natural births. It doesn't occur with c-sections because the grooves form when there's ligament tearing during the birth. (will add a link to support later)

Edit I'm not sure the links I'm finding are OK to post, so just to be safe if anyone's interested google "pits of parturition" & you should get a whole pile of different sources as there's still some debate of their usefulness in determining pregnancy histories - which is probably why it was missed in Karlie's case.

Is that a normal procedure to register persons that were pulled over for a routine check and who turned out to be without incident?

It is normal for police to take a record of routine work like that. I mean, they don't know how insane a random driver may be, they might pull someone over and then an hour later that person gets beaten up by someone else and decides to blame the police officers because the state has deeper pockets to pay compensation. It helps to have an exact time and details of how many other people were in the car etc etc. It is the computer that cross references it all by things like licence plate number.

I agree, the police didn't solve this case, the person with the good intentions did, that's where the thanks needs to go. No amount of irrelevant sleuthing was going to help here, what was needed was information from those who could identify the belongings that were in the suitcase or had knowledge of those involved, yet were unaware of the circumstances. To think otherwise is fanciful, this case was going no where fast. The police didn't have a clue. Almost a perfect crime.

First and foremost this case hasn't yet been solved. Without the police investigators, who do you think is going to put the pieces of the puzzle together? Who ultimately is going to solve this case? The police are only as good as the community they serve. Thankfully in this case members of the community have come forward with information that the police can utilise to further their investigation. The police don't ever set themselves up as God. They ask for assistance from the public who are in effect the eyes of the community. Some will come forward, many don't.

Websleuths is a discussion forum and there is no such thing as irrelevant sleuthing here. Please do afford respect to fellow members who are also very concerned about this case and offer their opinions here. You need to read back over previous threads and MSM reports where members of this thread contributed greatly to the initial investigation of the items found in the suitcase dumped near Wynarka. There were quite a few members here who passed on relevant information to Crimestoppers and that information has been of great benefit to the investigators in this case.

Having said that John Dillinger, we haven't seen you here for a while.

Karlie grew up in a part of Alice Springs ...high unemployment, heavy drug and alcohol use.
She came from a loving family but it was fractured.
Karlie has been described as part of the drag racing community.
Karlie once had a relationship with an older man Darren Ashley.
He was sentenced to life for the brutal murder of his wife Kirsty....her throat had been slit and she had numerous stab wounds.
He has been ruled out .... but it is indicative of the world Karlie inhabited.

Police sources indicated the underbelly society, including drug running can not be ruled out.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...journey-to-abyss/story-e6frg6nf-1227580625047
Body in suitcase: Mum and baby’s journey to abyss

Hi Folks, just trying to catch up here and read all the new posts...taking time. Apologies if I'm saying anything that's already been said.

Such a sad story, but I suppose it's a small 'silver lining' that angel was loved by her mother and grandmother ( and maybe also other family members, by the look of it) in her short life. Hope they had at least some happy moments. I must admit, I hadn't banked on that scenario at all, but I'm glad to have been proven wrong.

It seems that police have a lot to go on now, which is also somewhat good news.

I'm a bit mystified as to why someone would want to frame Milat, when it requires no detective work whatsoever in ruling him out. Also interesting that police are satisfied that family members are not involved - they would normally be prime suspects.

Very upsetting all this, but I'm relieved there's progress.

Karlie grew up in a part of Alice Springs ...high unemployment, heavy drug and alcohol use.
He was sentenced to life for the brutal murder of his wife Kirsty....her throat had been slit and she had numerous stab wounds.

Police sources indicated the underbelly society, including drug running can not be ruled out.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...hunt-for-monster/story-e6frg6n6-1227580533615
Mystery of victims Khandalyce Pearce and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson turns to manhunt for monster

Makes me wonder if Karlie has been in Wynarka for this Wyanarka Enduro racing.

Hi Folks, just trying to catch up here and read all the new posts...taking time. Apologies if I'm saying anything that's already been said.

Such a sad story, but I suppose it's a small 'silver lining' that angel was loved by her mother and grandmother ( and maybe also other family members, by the look of it) in her short life. Hope they had at least some happy moments. I must admit, I hadn't banked on that scenario at all, but I'm glad to have been proven wrong.

It seems that police have a lot to go on now, which is also somewhat good news.

I'm a bit mystified as to why someone would want to frame Milat, when it requires no detective work whatsoever in ruling him out. Also interesting that police are satisfied that family members are not involved - they would normally be prime suspects.

Very upsetting all this, but I'm relieved there's progress.

I think the Milat blame happens not necessarily to point at Ivan, but at other family members who still live in the area. It's easily done because there are so many Milat siblings/family members & there have always been those who believe that Ivan didn't act alone (former Law Society President John Marsden was one of those people & there was reference to it in the judge's summing up at his trial as well) - & then there's the actions of his nephew in 2010. I live nearby & honestly, anytime something like this happens in an area associated with the Milat's the whispers start immediately - not about Ivan, but his brothers & nephews.

Edit : This link (courtesy of Ausgirl) discusses some of the family accomplice theories (not that I think this has anything to do with the Milats, it just helps explain why it's so easy to point the finger at them)

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/stalked-by-uncertainty/2005/07/20/1121539033488.html

Bet ya they are havin a fat ol time in the clink. They know who is in for what. I dont think they go out in the yard together under max but otherwise possibly a bit networking.
Not implying they are linked, not implying networking happened, but didnt another Kendall POI come out of Cessnock where the current Wynarka suspect is serving time? An example of how it may happen.

It's not AJ. For one he was sentenced recently but this suspect was sentenced in 2013. And there is hundreds of child sexual offenders unfortunately. If you are keen try the MAKO files but I did then for about 10 minutes and got so depressed I stopped. I'm sure the identity will be released soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karlie met people in the industry and was hoping for work in the industry in Adelaide?
Darren Ashley, 49, will spend a minimum of 22 years in prison

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-step-mother-talking-phone.html#ixzz3pPecrzQU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...journey-to-abyss/story-e6frg6nf-1227580625047

Limited and formerly the original Tailem Bend Drag Strip

Police believe Karlie was murdered in or around Belanglo State Forest in December 2008. They haven't released any information regarding the time and place of Khandalyce's murder. Also, more than one person was involved in their deaths and they are confident they have spoken to people who have 'actual knowledge' of the crime. They are confident of making arrest after house searches in the ACT and NSW.

'Multiple people linked to mum, girl killings'
The West Australian
Sydney
October 24, 2015, 1:05 am

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/29894682/multiple-people-linked-to-mum-girl-killings/

Yes it is normal procedure. Police have to fill out what is called a running sheet of their activities during the course of their shift. If Karlie was pulled over for speeding, a vehicle check, a welfare check etc., it would have been recorded. Not so if she was simply breathalysed, unless of course she was found to be over the prescribed alcohol limit. In that case a full license and vehicle check would have been done and all information recorded.

Yes it is normal procedure. Police have to fill out what is called a running sheet of their activities during the course of their shift. If Karlie was pulled over for speeding, a vehicle check, a welfare check etc., it would have been recorded. Not so if she was simply breathalysed, unless of course she was found to be over the prescribed alcohol limit. In that case a full license and vehicle check would have been done and all information recorded.

Is there a difference between register en record? :iamashamed:

Dear lord, so basically she hung around the underbelly for her whole life then.

I wonder, if the killer had destroyed all of their belongings and just dumped Khandalyce without the clothes / blankets etc would they have even identified the two bodies at all? I doubt it. I'm starting to wonder if he kept Khandalyce around for awhile after her mothers death, which is horrifying.

Is there a difference between register en record? :iamashamed:

No, not really. These days all information is uploaded onto the police database. So it is recorded or registered, whatever way you want to phrase it.

Personally I think Karlie and Khandalyce are only the tip of the iceberg.

If I want to see if there are other missing young women (with or without child) around Belanglo State Forest and the Adelaide area around (2007-2010), what website or database would you guys advise?

Does anyone know of any unsolved murders or unidentied girls/women, that would fit the same area's SA, NSW, ACT between 2006-2012 that come to mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876