AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been suggested, but I have a feeling that when Karlie's mum withdrew the missing persons report on 10 Sep 2010, it might've been because information was given to her by someone pretending to know Karlie and saying that she's ok, and that someone might've been the person who killed her.

Karlie might have lost her life fighting to save her darling baby girl.

I think this is very possible. If a convicted child sex offender is a prime suspect, perhaps Karlie was killed so the perpetrator(s) could have unhindered access to Khandalyce. It makes me sick to even write that.

Does anyone really treat things written in The Daily Telegraph as if they were credible facts? :)

From the same article:

A KNOWN paedophile is being questioned by NSW homicide detectives over the double murder of mother Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and her daughter Khandalyce as police said they were hopeful of an early arrest.

The man was taken from minimum security in Cessnock jail on Wednesday and interviewed by officers* at a nearby police station before being returned and put in the maximum security wing.

He has been in jail since early 2013, leading to the possibility more than one person was involved in the murders.

A “grey-haired man” was reportedly seen earlier this year dumping the suitcase containing two-year-old Khandalyce’s remains, which was found in July next to a South Australian highway.

BBM - Is that usual to remove someone from the jail to interview as opposed to interviewing them AT the jail??

BBM. Because both of these murders are indictable offences, police would need to conduct a video interview with this suspect. Cessnock Jail probably doesn't have the facilities to do the video interview. A video interview is imperative, particularly in this case due to the states of NSW and South Australia being involved as well as the ACT and the Northern Territory. The recorded interview would be passed onto all states and territories involved. The suspect could later say that he did or didn't say something but the record of interview is a factual record of his comments. The investigators are simply dotting their i's and crossing their t's.

Yes, I would think that heel-prick blood is stored.

Here's a proud thing for Australia ... new technology surrounding blood analysis and storage has come out of Australia.

https://www.polymersolutions.com/blog/polymer-effectively-stores-dries-blood/

I have been travelling and only just arrived back in Australia. I am so glad that they discovered the identity of Khandalyce and her mother. I just hope that they can now put together a strong case.

About the above, I am not sure of the reasons why but the blood from the heel-prick tests is saved for every baby. Discussion about this occurred at the inquest in the disappearance of Teagan Lane, as her mother Keli Lane removed herself and Teagan from the hospital before this test was done, leaving the police with no DNA profile and no way to ascertain the identity of Teagan's biological father (as they had reason to believe that Keli was lying).

Exactly. I picked up on that too. Who dates someone for a few months then doesn't recognise their name?

There is never any mention of Karlie's father, only her stepfather whose surname was Povey. Perhaps she was known by his name but started using her birth father's name, or another name, as a rebellious act?

If the poi is a convicted paedophile would they be on the mako files ?

Whenever I look at this photo of Khandalyce holding the Rubik's Cube, I feel like she is saying "Please solve the puzzle of what happened to me.". The colours of the Rubik's Cube reflect those of the quilt behind her. The same quilt that many of us have stared at for hours trying to find another piece of the puzzle into Khandalyce's brutal murder.

Those 'cubes' are now turning at a fast rate and it won't be long until justice for you and your mummy is served.

Rest in peace beautiful girl. :rose:

Khandalyce_zpsjlidgl0f.jpg

http://www.9news.com.au/National/20...-suspect-could-be-involved-in-double-homicide

A beautiful analogy between the cube the quilt and wanting to have her murderer brought to justice Makara... Someone else posted that there are now four generations of the same family - too much tragedy for one family....truly heart breaking...

Need some clarification... I think some people have confused the info on Belanglo Angel (prior to what we know now) info that Police had linked her remains to Margaret River.....had assumed this was Margaret River Western Australia.....There is a Margaret River in Northern Territory ...not far from Adelaide River (Which is of interest to me personally).

Early Reports on this case indicated that police were in contact with Northern Territory Police....this was early on in the case...Links were posted here at the time...very early on...

Sorry If I ramble..... links are hard...and posting - Internal Fan is broken apparently on lappie...so I have to shut down every freakin 5 minutes..to cool down..

FENCE SITTER... Cessnock Prison....It will have a jurisdiction/area.... of the people they incarcerate. Sexual offenders arrested anywhere from January 2015 would be the best bet for someone disposing of evidence (sorry - sounds sick...Baby Angel)...

Fricken Puter....!!!...Not sure if anyone has mentioned... Nomad Outlaw Bikie Gang Roundup of 12 (Renagade Members) - raids on South Australian and New South Wales Properties starting in November 2014 till March 2015 - Fits with time line of Baby Angels remains being desposed of...one theory!!

Also the Cessnock incarceration ...... can't remember why....what was the Kurri Kurri link...was it in Williams case??....not sure if it's important...just thoughts swimming...

ETA: Jane SA and I always thought there was something suspect about the witness accounts of the Old man with the suitcase....??? still wondering why...even months after one witness who appeared to have the pulse on the heart of this tiny town was alluding to the creepiness of this man.......I watched Brays most recent video interview where he said this man had been witnessed many times prior to and had indeed been witnessed even after the remains were found...just have to consolidate when those interviews with that witness were taken.....Maybe she didn't/doesn't have her pulse on Her town (24 residents??) as much as she thinks...???

When will police reveal who he is? If he's already in gaol will we ever know?

Presumably he'll still be tried in court for new charges. He still hasn't been sentenced for the current ones, is my understanding, but it's unlikely his current offences will give him the life sentence he will hopefully get for killing Karlie and Khandalyce.
He will still have to go through arrest, trial, and sentencing if convicted for these offences as well just like anyone else. Those are public records.

If the poi is a convicted paedophile would they be on the mako files ?

Good question Hbayne or when he was jailed in early 2013 was he one of those that's name can not be released so as not to identify the victim(s).

Is this guy in jail for child molesting offences though? I didn't think he was, just that he had done that in the past. Not that he was awaiting sentencing for that now. He was apparently just in minimum security. Figured it wasn't anything major.

Is this guy in jail for child molesting offences though? I didn't think he was, just that he had done that in the past. Not that he was awaiting sentencing for that now. He was apparently just in minimum security. Figured it wasn't anything major.

A key suspect in the killings of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and her young daughter Khandalyce is in custody for committing child sex offences.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/girl-in-s...khandalyce-20151023-gkhbr0.html#ixzz3pOX4Je8Q

Oh right, derp. Thanks soso. I can't keep up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members