AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Australian has a summary:

http://resources.news.com.au/files/2015/10/21/1227577/706255-151022murders.pdf

Notice what the summary says:

That they had to wait for a tip to put two and two together implies they didn't DNA test at least one of the bodies: otherwise they would have noticed that the two were related.

Khandalyce's body was found in July, so if they had sequenced both of the remains as a matter of course and put them into Crimtrac, they would have noticed they were related as soon as Khandalyce's results were entered.

This has been puzzling me also. It seems as if that is the first thing you would think would be done in this modern policing world of DNA & databases.

Police have identified the vehicle being driven by murdered mother Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and say it was re registered in NSW after her disappearance.
The 1996 red or maroon VL Holden Commodore had been registered in the Northern Territory but was transferred to someone’s name in NSW after she vanished.
Detectives have spoken to the person who took ownership of the car and ruled that person out of the investigation but say it has led to several strong leads.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...-hunt-for-killer/story-fnii5s3x-1227580042374

Girl in suitcase: convicted child sex offender questioned over murders of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce

A key suspect in the killings of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and her young daughter Khandalyce is in custody for committing violent sexual offences.

As police narrow in on those responsible for the brutal murders, it has been revealed that the main suspect is serving a prison sentence in NSW for unrelated sex crimes.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/girl-in-s...khandalyce-20151023-gkhbr0.html#ixzz3pNnR4lt9
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Nick Ralston ‏@NickDRalston 1m1 minute ago

Convicted child sex offender questioned over murders of mother and daughter http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/girl-in-s...stevenson-and-khandalyce-20151023-gkhbr0.html … via @avabmorrison @lisavisentin

Oh no. No, no, no :(

😭

The only saving grace is that it looks like this isn't going to go unpunished.

You know you are an honoury Aussie now) ;)

:grouphug::grouphug:
:grouphug::grouphug:

:blowkiss:

End of 60yo, English only by school lessons 55 years ago, never spoken unless with my children for pure fun, no proofreader at home - so, I know my English will not be that good but thank you very much, TGY! :takeabow:

Is anyone else shocked by how fast this investigation is moving now we know who these 'Angels ' are ?

In one single news article there was mentioned in the first paragraph something about sexual "treatment" of our little Angel. When I searched the article to post it, it had gone and I had to :silenced: . (I did the search desperately over many days.)

The holding-on on the pedo theory was caused by this special article.

When they found Karlie in Belanglo was it stated how long they thought that she had been deceased?

More info...

The man was taken from minimum security in Cessnock jail on Wednesday and interviewed by officers* at a nearby police station before being returned and put in the maximum security wing.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...le-over-killings/story-fni0cx4q-1227580519609

From the same article:

A KNOWN paedophile is being questioned by NSW homicide detectives over the double murder of mother Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and her daughter Khandalyce as police said they were hopeful of an early arrest.

The man was taken from minimum security in Cessnock jail on Wednesday and interviewed by officers* at a nearby police station before being returned and put in the maximum security wing.

He has been in jail since early 2013, leading to the possibility more than one person was involved in the murders.

A “grey-haired man” was reportedly seen earlier this year dumping the suitcase containing two-year-old Khandalyce’s remains, which was found in July next to a South Australian highway.

BBM - Is that usual to remove someone from the jail to interview as opposed to interviewing them AT the jail??

Distance between Coober Pedy and Belanglo state forest (part of) is 1971km or 20hrs 38mins. The most direct route is just to the north of Canberra and the ACT.

Edit to correct error.

This is The Stuart Highway Coober Pedy

Australia's harsh outback summer temperatures can reach over 47°C.

Coober Pedy is renowned for its below-ground residences, called "dugouts", which are built in this fashion due to the scorching daytime heat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coober_Pedy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 182
Yeah may have to go out on a ledge here.....all the news reports....the wording...I think they know she was travelling with someone else..

Heck I believe she had hooked up with someone prior to leaving Alice Springs....and they left as a couple together...

A controlling abuser...worked his magic... as most abusers do...Alienate the person from their friends and family..

Regardless.....feeling confident they have the guy in their sights....

I think it's likely you're right about her leaving with or for some man. I don't know the man was with them when they left Alice Springs though. It is possible that she got to know someone online and set off from Alice Springs with Khandalyce to be with him. If that is correct, Karlie and Khandalyce may not have been alive for very long once they met up. I am reminded of the story of Karly Ryan although not suggesting her killer (who pretended to be a young man but was 50) was involved in this case because he was caught in 2006. If he was someone Karlie befriended on Facebook, other FB users would probably have known that she went to meet him. This could be the reason that he tried to conceal her death, which I think is the reason he disposed of her body and Khandalyce's separately, in the hope no-one would identify either of them and people would think they were still alive but out of contact.

Well, this is an ugly turn of events. I'm sure not what any of us wanted to hear or imagine. :(

I also want to echo the sentiment FromGermany - your English is impeccable, really.

Well, this is an ugly turn of events. I'm sure not what any of us wanted to hear or imagine. :(

I also want to echo the sentiment FromGermany - your English is impeccable, really.

I had just started a post saying that it seems like this story is going to get an awful lot uglier as information is unearthed - uglier than it already is with a young mum and her baby murdered :(

The scary thing is I think it really can always get uglier. Just when I think I've heard the worst, the pondscum of humanity prove me wrong.
The only good thing about this case is that this guy is not going to get away with it like he probably thought he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966