AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
VLs are still quite popular with young guys in Sydney's west. :)

Sorry this was a reply to Eloise. Must remember to quote in future...oops

Police are confident that those responsible for the murders are not from Ms Pearce-Stevenson's home town of Alice Springs. She is more likely to have met or befriended the killer or killers while travelling between 2006 and 2010, police say.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/girl...khandalyce-20151023-gkgzi2.html#ixzz3pNCFHXk2

Again - why are they saying 2010 if they are also saying they believe she died in 2008?

VLs are still quite popular with young guys in Sydney's west. :)

Sorry this was a reply to Eloise. Must remember to quote in future...oops

I still see the odd one where I live but generally driven by older gentlemen who have taken very good care of them to have made them last the distance.

Young people around here seem to drive mummy's SUV or their own zippy new 4 cylinders... very different to where I grew up lol (where we all drove cars like Karlie's... in the 90s they weren't quite so ancient back then though)

Again - why are they saying 2010 if they are also saying they believe she died in 2008?

Likely because it is belief, not something they know for certain. If something is repetitively quoted it can become fact in peoples' minds and they don't want someone dismissing something that could be relevant if they do have the timeline wrong. They know for certain she was deceased by 2010 when the body was found, so it's the most sensitive timeline they can use.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Just on the topic of cars. Our car is 19 years old (1996 Camry) and I would have no concerns driving it around Australia. It still drives beautifully, cheap on petrol. In fact I actually don't want to buy another car for a few more years coz I'm worried it won't be as good as the old one I have now.

Likely because it is belief, not something they know for certain. If something is repetitively quoted it can become fact in peoples' minds and they don't want someone dismissing something that could be relevant if they do have the timeline wrong. They know for certain she was deceased by 2010 when the body was found, so it's the most sensitive timeline they can use.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

True ... but to say within two sentences "we think someone died in 2008 but she might have met her killer in 2010" just sounds a bit shaky IMO.

A friend of ours asked us if we wanted a 4WD that a friend of his had that had broken down. He'd just left it on the side of the road and the council told him he had to get rid of it. It was unregistered, so we took the car trailer and picked it up. We had never met the original owner but liaised through our friend, who got the keys from the bloke who wanted to get rid of the vehicle. Anyway, we brought it home, my partner fixed it (it was a minor fix, battery terminal from memory) and we used it for about 5 years on our property to move stuff around. About 2 months ago, our other car broke down and it was going to be off the road for a couple of weeks repairing it (plus it was an expensive fix). We went to the Road & Maritime Authority to get it registered and were told we couldn't registered it as we didn't have a receipt of sale. After explaining the circumstances, they said we could bring in a stat dec, explaining the circumstances of how the vehicle came into our possession. So we went home, did a stat dec and went back to the Roads & Maritime office, only to be told, we were given the wrong information and it would have to be reviewed by the Manager, who wasn't on duty on a Saturday - and then it was at their discretion if they allowed us to register it. Anyway, the bloke was very nice and understanding, and as we weren't told we couldn't get it done that day, he decided to register it for us on the spot. In the meantime, we managed to get the name and phone number of the original owner, phoned him, but he didn't return our call until about 2 weeks after the car was re-registered. There was nothing really wrong with the vehicle, and we now use it on a regular basis as our second car. However, to the original owner, it was obviously just too much of a headache and he couldn't be bothered to get it fixed and just wanted rid of it to get the council off his back.

So, what I'm getting at (in a round about way) is that it's not difficult to re-register a vehicle (in the case of Karlie's vehicle) as whoever had the vehicle after her demise would have her details to write out a dodgy receipt for the Roads & Maritime, plus it does happen that people just want to get rid of cars, for whatever reason.

A warm welcome to all of our new members and a big thank you to everyone who has been keeping us updated with MSM links.

So they are serving 'unrelated' crimes, but they are serving 'violent' crimes. Rape?, murder?, assault?. Be interested to see if before or after Karlie murder. Looking forward to this one.
Can anyone tell us they have access to internet in prison? Have they been following the case?
Just asked someone here, yes, many prisons have internet access. Some prisoners don't have internet access.

More than one prisoner in NSW is considered to be a person of interest is understood that some of those prisoners are currently serving time for violent crimes committed in NSW.

The border between NSW and Qld at Wallangarra/Jennings has nothing (not even a sign to warn you about the stupid Qld road rules which the strict cops are gleeful about reinforcing as soon as they see a NSW number plate). We were at the NSW/Vic border near Thredbo last October but I can't remember much. Probably too busy talking about the giant, massive snow covered emu we saw galloping all over the place.

I know, I drive over the NSW/QLD border where i live a few times a week and there is nothing but a sign saying welcome to queensland lol. same on the way back, welcome to nsw..
And you arent wrong about the nsw number plate!

Thats not hard to do if your low on cash as a girl. There is some nasty criminal drug sales people out there. Its at the point where a girl can get caught by entrapment if in right place. She ends up there not by her choice. Drink spiking etc.
Im not implying Karlie was taking illicit drugs. I don't care if she was. I know what these mongrels are like. They are dogs.
Remember for example Bradley Murdoch was drinking Dilmah specials to stay awake for 18 hours on Stuart hwy.

Sounding more and more like the story of a young girl getting caught up with the wrong crowd.

Wild suggested that Murdoch - high on amphetamines that he sipped from cups of hot tea and sugar - became paranoid about a couple in an orange Kombi van
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/paranoid-armed-and-deadly/2005/12/14/1134500916819.html

Very interesting, since items were found at the homes that will assist with the investigation.

More than one prisoner in NSW is considered to be a person of interest. It is understood that some of those prisoners are currently serving time for violent crimes committed in NSW.
The homes searched in South Australia and the ACT are believed to belong to people associated with the unconfirmed sighting of Ms Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce at an ACT shopping centre in December 2008.
None of the homes are associated with the prison suspects.
"There is every indication that friends or associates – people Karlie may have met or been in contact with while travelling between 2006 and 2010 – hold the key to their deaths," Superintendent Willing said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/girl...khandalyce-20151023-gkgzi2.html#ixzz3pNPepOFk

Channel9 A current Affair now

Police have been inundated with information

Karlie's murder was in December 2008, one month after she was last seen in Cooper Pedy.

Police are speaking to people with actual knowledge of Karlie's murder

Clearly the possible involvement of more than one person

My Mum, my Daughter and myself went travelling through the middle of Australia and down the West Coast for a couple of months in April of this year.

Crossing from Victoria into NSW you barely knew about the fruit issue. NSW to SA and SA to NT pretty much the same. However when we crossed from NT into WA it was full on. Other travellers had told us about there campervans/mobile homes being searched and whilst they stopped and questioned us with great suspicion I don't think they wanted to physically search our chocablock little rav 4.......although I think we surrendered some at the check point.

From WA into SA full on again then SA back to Victoria I don't even think there was even a sign!

Not that relevant though as that is not the route she took........

With regards to the car, if that is a 6 cylinder then it is a petrol guzzler. Unless she had a lot of money behind her to start with I think she would have found it very difficult to buy fuel on her single parent income from centrelink especially with the cost of fuel down that highway. She could have taken her time I guess but then she would of been spending money on caravan parks/Accomodation. Unless she was camping on the side of the road.

At some of those caravan parks you can stay there for free and just do a certain amount of hours a day work. They generally like you to stay for a minimum of 2 weeks. She would have been able to do that with a child I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member