AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica Kidd on ABC TV News spoke about discussions after the formal briefing, conducted off camera.

Main points:
- last reported sighting in Canberra of the pair was in Dec 2009
- that sighting lead to Canberra homes being raided today
- police will not release causes of deaths as this is detail only the killer will know
- Karlie's car was a maroon coloured 1996 VL Commodore
- car has been located - it was sold on - but current owner not a suspect
- trying to find person who sold the car - currently untraced

So it looks as though the murders occurred after Dec 2009 (assuming the sighting has correct date).
That would mean Karlie's call to her Mum that lead to her being taken off the missing person's register was genuine.

It does bring up even more questions about the forensics though, doesn't it?
Is it just TV that makes us think forensics can give an accurate year of death?

The car that Karlie was driving at the time was a red or maroon 1996 VL commodore station wagon. That car turned up registered to somebody in NSW, that person has been cleared as a suspect, but they are looking for who sold the car to them.

They believe that Karlie was murdered either near or in Belanglo.

ABC News

So, he managed to sell on her car? The gall ...

'In Belanglo' adds an element of role playing to this crime. Like he was playing out a fantasy.

Ugh!

Pfft! And then the ABC News just said "it is believed they were murdered some time in 2008"!
Who to believe when a news show even contradicts itself?

So, he managed to sell on her car? The gall ...

'In Belanglo' adds an element of role playing to this crime. Like he was playing out a fantasy.

Ugh!

Not necessarily. Karlie may have sold it herself before her death.

In any case, if the rego papers were in Karlie's name, the transfer would have to look as if she was the seller, even if she wasn't.

I've never ever seen anyone at the station near Broken Hill. We don't risk it so we don't take fruit on the trip (or we buy it on the he way and eat it immediately) but IME they are pretty lax.

The border between NSW and Qld at Wallangarra/Jennings has nothing (not even a sign to warn you about the stupid Qld road rules which the strict cops are gleeful about reinforcing as soon as they see a NSW number plate). We were at the NSW/Vic border near Thredbo last October but I can't remember much. Probably too busy talking about the giant, massive snow covered emu we saw galloping all over the place.

You would think that with a name like FRUITY, Border Protection would be all over you......or is that not your real name :thinking::thinking:

So it looks as though the murders occurred after Dec 2009 (assuming the sighting has correct date).
That would mean Karlie's call to her Mum that lead to her being taken off the missing person's register was genuine.

DS Bray said in the video I posted above that the deaths were most likely in Dec 2008

https://www.facebook.com/AustraliaMissing/posts/422935871239642

SA Police's Detective Superintendent Des Bray said detectives now have a better understanding of when Karlie was likely killed.

'We're having lots and lots of information come in from across Australia, certainly from the places where she lived,' he told reporters in Adelaide on Friday.

'We think that the most likely time of the murder is in December of 2008.

'We don't have any sightings past then.'

Karlie's body was discovered in the Belanglo State Forest, south of Sydney, in 2010 while her daughter's bones were found in a discarded suitcase beside a highway near Wynarka, in South Australia's southeast, in July.

DNA tests have genetically linked the pair, and police say they have received a deluge of calls since the victims' names were made public on Wednesday.

As the investigation continues, Det Supt Bray said police were still wary that more murders may have been committed.

'The people who commit these crimes are such evil, horrible people, you have that in the back of your mind. But we don't have any proof,' he said.

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...mum-murder--reports.html#sthash.rM6QaDKx.dpuf

I really hope they will comment on that in the future. How it was possible that they were so wrong.

Does anyone know how that could have happened?

I'm thinking it may be because she travelled so many different states, all with very different climates ect

MOO!!

Makes sense that they'd go back to whoever was the father of Khandalyce, since Karlie didn't say who that was they probably will want to try and find out.

Police know the identity of Khandalyce's father and he has been cleared of any involvement. MSM reported his name is Andrew. I'm out and about right now and can't post the link.

I wonder if that's a side effect of all the CSI and Bones kinds of shows where forensics solves the crime every time, flawlessly.
I guess like everything it's a tool, and nothing else. All the pieces of the puzzle count not just the forensic work.

Police know the identity of Khandalyce's father and he has been cleared of any involvement. MSM reported his name is Andrew. I'm out and about right now and can't post the link.
They also said they followed enquiries that were not fact. Being that they seem to be investigating back before Khandalyce was even born im predicting maybe her genetic dad might not have been who everyone was lead to think it was.

It all seems to be coming to a close anyway.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/girl-in-s...-and-daughter-khandalyce-20151022-gkg80o.html

The man, who did not want to be named, said he knew her and a close friend from parties when they were younger.
"I know she had her kid and then her and Andrew (the child's father) had troubled times," he said.
He said he didn't know she had been missing until police revealed the breakthrough on Wednesday.

I'm fascinated of the pics and have rarely seen so much similarity. Looks like only a pic of mum as a little girl and then grown up to a young woman. Just too cute and all the sadder. :(

MumDaughterWynarka.jpg

I felt like the 'following enquiries that were not fact' referred to suitcase man, but then I'm biased in that I've never felt like he was real. Or he was, but most of the sightings were just following the mob/herd mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BexLuth0r