AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gotten up here and seen the headline, she has a name. Thank goodness. Will be back later to read up properly.

Wow. Just saw the news. What fantastic police work! Such a big job ahead of them now though.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/little-gi...tim-of-wynarkas-homicide-20150923-gjt1ah.html

Little girl lost: trying to identify the nameless victim of Wynarka's homicide

The case has similarities to the discovery of a girl's skeleton in NSW's Belanglo State Forest in 2010.

In a first for the NSW homicide squad, a facial anthropologist was brought in to create a image of what the girl's face may have looked like. A stable isotopes analysis was also done on her bones.
"The chemical markers that were in her tissue and bones indicated she had not spent much time in Australia," Detective Sergeant Tim Attwood told Fairfax Media.
Like the Wynarka case, police made extensive inquiries about the clothing Angel wore, particularly a shirt with the word "Angelic" across it. A description of the T-shirt made in China was widely published but not one person has contacted police to report owning one.

Inspector Hutchins said immunity from prosecution could be on the table for those not directly involved in murder of the Wynarka child.
"If you're on the periphery of this crime, come to us before we come to you," he said. "There is things we can offer, like immunity."
Until someone's conscience prompts them to come forward, both the girl in the suitcase and the girl in Belanglo State Forest will remain nameless.

attachment.php

I think, perhaps "Angel I adult" could be the mother of "Angel II"? IF, then forensic is certainly able to prove it or even has done already (Mitochondrial DNA).
The information on "Angel I" is vague re her death and her age (13-25) and her possibly location before the murder (maybe the region Margaret River in WA).
We will see ...

https://translate.google.de/transla...-Wald-des-Backpacker-Moerders.html&edit-text=

Amazing .. well done FromGermany!

I really want to know who it was that kept reassuring Grandma that Khandalyce and her mommy 'were fine.'

last seen in late 2008 which still makes Milat 15 and unlikely, imo.
Have police suggested he may be involved?

They would have been killed later than 2006. They went missing in 2009 (with grandma still having sporadic contact with them), and the mum's body discovered 2010 ... so that would be killed in 2009 or 2010.

Not that I'm suggesting it was the young Milat, just correcting the timeline

[h=1]Wynarka suitcase girl identified as daughter of Belanglo State Forest murder victim[/h]
South Australian police have identified the remains of a child found in a suitcase in Wynarka earlier this year as Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, and say her mother Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson was found dead in the Belanglo State Forest in New South Wales in 2010.
The announcement is a major breakthrough for the two cold cases.
Today South Australia Police Detective Superintendent Des Bray revealed Khandalyce was born in 2006 in Alice Springs and along with her mother had been reported missing in 2009.

Pearce-Stevenson's skeletal remains were found by trail bike riders in Belanglo State Forest in 2010. She would have been 22 that year.
Five years later, on July 15 this year, the remains of a young girl were found in a suitcase by the side of the remote South Australian highway at Wynarka.
Detectives in NSW and South Australia had not linked the two grisly finds until a Crime Stoppers tip off last week.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...case-murder-investigation#eqh4XoaqQHuipQUK.99

SAPOL and NSW Homicide Squad are working closely to complete the picture of Karlie's life, particularly since the birth of Khandalyce in 2006.

NSW Police Homicide Commander, Detective Superintendent Mick Willing explained there are now numerous lines of enquiry to follow.

"While we will do our best to keep the community informed, we need to first establish fact from fiction and ensure we avoid speculation, which could damage our investigations," Det Supt Willing said.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-poli...r#.VicrK34rKUk

Astonishing that on an earlier thread we had been speculating about the possible link between the 2 Angels!

So was the mum travelling around doing seasonal work on farms do we think? That's what it sounds like to me, if yes, she would have met up with a huge number of people, backpackers and locals alike from all over the world and Australia, although the young people who do the seasonal work are often students or other kids looking for a little extra money during term break, some rather unsavoury types also take up this kind of work as they wish to stay 'off the grid'. Police likely have their work cut out, but if mum had a boyfriend a number of people would know.

I'm actually hoping she was a seasonal worker because if so it meant she had to stay on properties and police will be able to track her movements easier. Also, would she have to let Centerlink know where she was to keep receiving the single parents benefit? On that, you'd think Centerlink would have been able to report to authorities when they lost contact with her, surely someone can't simply drop off the grid with a child and not be chased up at all, or can they?

attachment.php

Well, there is the quilt!

Attachments

• quilt.gif
    quilt.gif
    111.7 KB · Views: 503
Matthew Pantelis ‏@MatthewPantelis 4 Std.Vor 4 Stunden
Caller gave police pic w Candalice in stroller,w quilt visible, quilt made by her grandmother.Another pic of girl in pink dress #FIVEaaNews

I wonder if it's possible that Ivan Milats great nephew was involved.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/milat-jailed-for-43-years-20120608-20067.html

Before the killing, Milat reportedly rubbed his hands together and said: "We're going to Belanglo, someone's going to die."
During the recent sentencing hearings for Milat and Klein, Justice Mathews heard that the teenagers had made a mobile phone recording of the murder as a personal "trophy" of what they had done.
Milat later bragged about his actions, telling friends that he was doing "what my family does", and attempted to glorify the murder in a series of poems he wrote in jail and later sent to his mother.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/milat-jailed-for-43-years-20120608-20067.html#ixzz3pATXk6Ji
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

I also wondered about a possible Milat link. I thought of Angel when I drove past the forest last time :(. And of course I thought of her when Khandalyce was nicknamed Angel too.

That was a strange detail that mum withdrew the missing persons report thinking daughter had moved interstate and wanted no contact.....could it be the killer told her that to get her to back off?

I wondered that too.

Am I remembering rightly there were larger sized kids clothes in the suitcase? Karlie looks like a slight little thing, I wouldn't be surprised if she could fit into kmart larger sized girl clothes. I wonder if the european dental work came from seeing a european dentist somewhere in Australia??!! Not sure how that works legally, practising dentistry here if you are trained elsewhere.

She could have come across anyone nefarious, alone in her travels, it is a vulnerable position. I both admire and feel sad for a young mum of 20 to be out there travelling with limited family contact. Her own deceased mum likely wouldn't have been very old, even if she had Karlie at 40 it'd only put her in her 60's at best. I am imagining challenging lives all cut way too short.

I hope that they both went at the same time, it is terrifying to think the baby could have been alone with someone horrific :(

Has someone been keeping Karlie's centerlink benefits I wonder???

Matthew Pantelis ‏@MatthewPantelis 4 Std.Vor 4 Stunden
Mum & daughter come from a loving family, who are devastated. Khali's mum raised a missing persons report in Nov 2009 #FIVEaaNews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper