AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor little baby girl, hopefully she can be buried with her mother.

such a heartbreaking outcome for a mother and child...so so sad
at least now mother and child can be laid to rest together at last....there are no words:tears:

R.I.P sweet Angels:angel::angel:

Wynarka suitcase murder victim identified as Khandalyce Kiara Pearce; her mother Karlie Pearce-Stevenson was also violently killed

October 21, 2015 3:18pm

Until now, the two murder investigations had been conducted separately.

The body of a young girl was found in July in a weathered suitcase dumped beside the Karoonda Highway, near Wynarka in SA’s Murray Mallee.

The skeleton of the woman they now know was her mother was found in the Belanglo State Forest south of Sydney in 2010.

WHAT POLICE KNOW ABOUT KHANDALYCE

* Was travelling around South Australia with her mum in 2008

* Aged 2.5-4 years at time of her violent death

* Caucasian with fair hair, 18cm long

* Was 90-95cm tall

* Her remains were found inside a grey Lanza suitcase dumped by the side of the road at Wynarka in July 2015

* She was killed at another location some time after late 2008

* Items of girl’s clothing found scattered around the suitcase included a black tutu, Dora the Explorer shirt and a pink booty with an embroidered butterfly on it.

WHAT POLICE KNOW ABOUT KARLIE

* Aged 20 when last seen in late 2008

* Was travelling around South Australia with her daughter when she disappeared

* In September 2009, her family raised a missing person report

* Was violently killed

* Her skeletal remains were found in Belanglo State Forest in August, 2010

* Was found alongside a short-sleeved T-shirt with the word “Angelic” in pink text, a rose and a heart with angel wings

* Not a victim of backpacker serial killer Ivan Milat — he was jailed before she was murdered

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...violently-killed/story-fnii5yv6-1227576888695

Is anyone else just so glad that we know that she was loved, that she mattered. I've been so afraid it would turn out to be a tale of neglect from birth. I know that she has suffered a dreadful end as did her mother but just to know that she did know some happiness and was cared for at some point...

Has someone been keeping Karlie's centerlink benefits I wonder???

Centerlink would be a great place to start, if she stopped accessing her payments or if they continued to be accessed into 2009 (or beyond) you'd definitely be looking at that.

Their disappearance fell through the cracks completely, if the bodies hadn't been found nobody would even be looking for them. I wonder how often that happens, the victims and crimes we never hear about ...

So the mystery now is this...

Mother and daughter were killed sometime in 2009 (probably) as the shopping centre photo was taken in Nov 2008.
Mother's body discovered in Belangalo Forest NSW in 2010.
Based on the age of the bones, her daughter died around the same time.

So why was the suitcase of the child's clothing kept?
Why was the child's body left to decompose at some other location (as police have previously stated) then the bones placed in the suitcase sometime later?
Why was the suitcase dumped 6 years later?

It seems to me that the killer would not have wanted the clothes and the bones together and could have easily dumped them separately so they would never be found.
Why keep the suitcase and the bones so long?
And then, why dump them?

Kids younger have done terrible things. :(

Don't you think by dumping her body in the Milat's dumping ground the killer was hoping for this kind of speculation and to put police on the wrong track?

That's my guess on why her body was dumped there.

Well we know now why the quilt wasn't recognised! Grandma has died and she was the maker of the quilt. I wonder how much exposure this case had in their home state? Other family members would probably have recognised it maybe.

MOO!!

re Centrelink payments. If she had a reporting requirement and didn't report, a letter would be sent to whatever address was down for her. All CL recipients must have a mailing address, even if just a PO. If the mail was not collected, eventually it would get sent back to CL.

if this happens, eventually payments are stopped. Nothing further is done.The same applies if there is no reporting requirement, and any physical mail is returned. It will trip CL into halting payment until the recipient contacts them. If they don't contact them, they stop the payment permanently. Plenty of people drop of the CL radar for a myriad of reasons.

I'm having trouble with my iPad, so can someone please post links for the 3 articles on the ninemsn homepage? there is other information:

The call to crimestoppers was made on October 8. The caller said he/she thought the body in the suitcase could be Khandalyce. Also, Khandalyce's father is not a suspect at this stage.

New South Wales Police

If you look in the background, there is also another quilt on the chair behind her.

attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce/posts/10153363516501185

I have restrained myself from posting on everything that has happened because I am so far behind in reading, but I have to post after seeing sweet Khandalyce and her blanket! I am absolutely floored that not only this baby has a name but her mommy does too! Just floored!!

There was a relationship violence murder of a woman living a transient lifestyle by her boyfriend who was also living a transient lifestyle earlier this year in Adelaide... apparently he had anger issues and could be quite unpleasant when angry. I don't feel there's enough at this stage for a positive link to the two Angels, but let's just say if there was a link I wouldn't be overly surprised. He's the perfect age range to have been possibly attractive to Karlie, he obviously had some sort of superficial attractiveness and ability to pickup women if he managed to pick up one relatively normal girlfriend while living on the streets (I mean seriously, the woman he murdered wasn't a model but she was only recently homeless and attractive enough you'd sort of expect she'd be able to find a guy with a job and a home) and the murder he committed also involved major physical trauma to the victim.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-...carpark-murder-await-forensic-reports/6705824

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...398879202?sv=3e1658794796f4727d05c075836a309d

Well we know now why the quilt wasn't recognised! Grandma has died and she was the maker of the quilt. I wonder how much exposure this case had in their home state? Other family members would probably have recognised it maybe.

MOO!!

I think the story received as much publicity there as anywhere else if this is anything to go by >>> http://www.ntnews.com.au/search-results?q=wynarka
But it still seems odd that nobody recognised the clothing o quilt, doesn't it?

I hope this little girl wasn't subjected to seeing her mum murdered and then kept a little longer for someone's perverse pleasure

Don't you think by dumping her body in the Milat's dumping ground the killer was hoping for this kind of speculation and to put police on the wrong track?

That's my guess on why her body was dumped there.

Possibly, but I think it would be wise to investigate all avenues.

I'm so happy that the two were identified and that little angel was not abused. Sad how they died and still very weird how mother and daughter were found miles apart and with some years between them being found, but happy nonetheless that they can have their names back.

Is anyone else just so glad that we know that she was loved, that she mattered. I've been so afraid it would turn out to be a tale of neglect from birth. I know that she has suffered a dreadful end as did her mother but just to know that she did know some happiness and was cared for at some point...

Yes, the image of the quilt with her in life and death - she was loved.

I'm so happy that the two were identified and that little angel was not abused. Sad how they died and still very weird how mother and daughter were found miles apart and with some years between them being found, but happy nonetheless that they can have their names back.
Sadly it seems she was terribly abused though, let's hope her death was the only time it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member