AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe they werent killed together, if they had been hitch hiking. the killer may have driven them to the forest and killed karlie and taken little khandalyca to be killed later, their luggage would have been in his car?

They were last seen in SA. Common sense says that it is most likely that the murders or the first murder took place in SA. Otherwise we need a story where they go to NSW without anyone knowing, the murder or murders happen there, then the murderer decides to return all the way to SA to dump Khandalyce... thus leading the trail *back* to the victims' home town.

I doubt there was more than a day or two between their deaths at most. Either would have likely been distraught and difficult to manage after the death of the other.

I wonder if Karlie's distinctive top which was never traced came from a traveller she met whilst working on farms/fruit picking etc? And maybe similar story for the dentistry - she couldn't afford to see a registered dentist so saw someone "Not registered"?

What police noted I recall is that there were no dental records that matched. You can walk into any (or most anyhow) private dentist surgeries in Australia and use any name you want if you are paying full price and not claiming medicare. I've never been asked for identity/license etc if not using medicare.

E.g. if you are a woman and you say your name was Julia Smith and paid via cash in full then the records would be in that name etc... so the records may exist in some false name somewhere.

What police noted I recall is that there were no dental records that matched. You can walk into any (or most anyhow) private dentist surgeries in Australia and use any name you want if you are paying full price and not claiming medicare. I've never been asked for identity/license etc if not using medicare.

E.g. if you are a woman and you say your name was Julia Smith and paid via cash in full then the records would be in that name etc... so the records may exist in some false name somewhere.

Okay - I think I misunderstood. How are dental records stored? Surely all records aren't stored in some huge searchable database accessible to all other dentists/police where name is irrelevant are they?

I think it could just be laziness, an effort delayed and then abandoned. You are compelled to get rid of the adult sized body pretty quick, and for whatever reason you decide that it is better not to leave them together. The child is put in the suitcase and quickly becomes a problem for another day. If you live rurally, it can be out in a shed somewhere, away from the senses and not thought of often, especially if the person lives a chaotic life with substance abuse or whatever. Many killers are lazy with the bodies.

To the best of my knowledge no-one tracks school admissions across the nation with intent to see that kids don't fall through the gaps... each state has a government agency that follows up reports of kids not attending school. It would be expensive because people move around a lot (interstate and overseas) and prior to the computer systems of this century the difficulty would have been too great. Even now it would probably cost many millions to set up that sort of communication between the computers at various levels of government, and more millions each year to follow up.

Ahh, I had thought it was thought the style of dentistry was "European" whatever that means.

I guess if originally when they left the NT they didn't want family contact they may have had other assumed names.
Just thinking out loud - it's not known yet if they really did not want family contact or that was the story being told by another party.

So was the mum travelling around doing seasonal work on farms do we think? That's what it sounds like to me, if yes, she would have met up with a huge number of people, backpackers and locals alike from all over the world and Australia, although the young people who do the seasonal work are often students or other kids looking for a little extra money during term break, some rather unsavoury types also take up this kind of work as they wish to stay 'off the grid'. Police likely have their work cut out, but if mum had a boyfriend a number of people would know.

I'm actually hoping she was a seasonal worker because if so it meant she had to stay on properties and police will be able to track her movements easier. Also, would she have to let Centerlink know where she was to keep receiving the single parents benefit? On that, you'd think Centerlink would have been able to report to authorities when they lost contact with her, surely someone can't simply drop off the grid with a child and not be chased up at all, or can they?

These guys have been on the run for 8 years working on farms off the grid in NSW, QLD and who knows where else. It's only been the last couple of weeks that they seem to have all the sudden popped up on Police radar with a shootout reported in Wagga Wagga and appeals in the media resulting in a current full on manhunt.

I wonder if there has been a crossing of paths......

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/father-and-son-fugitives-spotted-in-victoria-20151020-gke62p.html

I have speed read through this thread once I saw Khandalyce had been identified and I missed where she was abused (outside of her obvious death) could you help me out and point me to where I need to catch up?

I think the poster was referring to the circumstances of her death. Police say it was violent so clearly she was abused in the incident that caused her death, and the poster was hoping that it was the only violent or abusive incident in her life.

Ahh, I had thought it was thought the style of dentistry was "European" whatever that means.

I guess if originally when they left the NT they didn't want family contact they may have had other assumed names.
Just thinking out loud - it's not known yet if they really did not want family contact or that was the story being told by another party.

The style was 'western'. E.g. I presume similar metals for fillings etc are using in NZ/Australia/USA etc whereas other sorts might be preferred in Asia/Russia etc.

The 1,267th and 1,271st callers to Crime Stoppers provided the critical information that helped police identify the mystery remains of a child found in a suitcase earlier this year as the daughter of a woman whose body was found in Belanglo State Forest in 2010.

Detective Superintendent Des Bray today described the investigation as like searching for a needle in a haystack "but we didn't know what the haystack was".

He said police had dealt with a "tremendous" amount of information as they worked to identify the child, including up to 600 inquiries, 180 children put forward as potential victims, and 1,300 calls to Crime Stoppers — two of which helped make the puzzle pieces fit.

"The 1,267th caller was the person who initiated the breakthrough and then a couple of days later another person [provided information], and then that enabled us to do investigations which sort of opened it up further," Detective Superintendent Bray said.

<modsnip>

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...ed-breakthrough-in-suitcase-girl-case/6873196

His crimes, carried out in Sydney, Wellington, Bathurst, Dubbo and Port Macquarie, span four decades and include assaulting women, stealing, and escaping police custody, The Daily Telegraph reported.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...0-OFFENCES-criminal-record.html#ixzz3pBnTBNT8

My google map shows: Belanglo State Forest and Bathurst are not that far apart. And a very young mother plus a very young child makes possibly sense to have met AJ when possibly as a truck driver on some highway. Only thinking! :thinking:

The style was 'western'. E.g. I presume similar metals for fillings etc are using in NZ/Australia/USA etc whereas other sorts might be preferred in Asia/Russia etc.

http://m.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/somebodys-daughter-20120205-1t8r9.html

Thank you - you are right. "Western style". In this older article it also states the shirt found with her was girls size 10 so she must have been quite petite.

I cannot believe she has been identified, and just how sad the case has turned out to be!

Be afraid, very afraid whoever you are.

Attachments

• Belanglo Wynarka.PNG
    Belanglo Wynarka.PNG
    298.9 KB · Views: 237
I remember when I first started sleuthing the belanglo angel and I always thought there was something missing. Even last night I was once again looking through missing persons on the net. She really must have been a petit lil muma. I'm happy they will be reunited one day hopefully soon :) what a twisted story this has turned out to be :/

http://m.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/somebodys-daughter-20120205-1t8r9.html

Thank you - you are right. "Western style". In this older article it also states the shirt found with her was girls size 10 so she must have been quite petite.
I understand that the dentistry has been quite the red herring-- for the majority of the time it was believed she was from Eastern(?) Europe due to it. Not sure of the particulars, except the description of the dentla work being "western" and "not the type done in Australia". Wonder if it is just your garden variety fillings (and the compounds used...which has changed over time from metals to ceramics), or crowns/braces etc.

Also not sure how relevant the dentistry is (unless by some strange turn of events the perp was a former acquaintance who also happened to be a foreign-trained dentist and did the dentistry. I guess anything is possible!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

My best guess is the suitcase was dumped shortly after Khandalyce was killed, somewhere other than Wynarka but not too far away, and was dumped much later at Wynarka by someone who picked it up to check out for valuables. Karlie would have been killed after Khandalyce, presumably she was very unhappy and not fully accepting of whatever lies and intimidation the killer was using on her to get her to go along with what he did. Then the killer had an adult body and a car full of evidence to dispose of. Belanglo is far away and notorious and anything found there will be assumed to be related to the Milats' activities, it is also able to be reached from the Mallee/Riverland area without going through major population centres. The killer works out he's got the time and the petrol money to get there, so he drives to Belanglo and dumps Karlie. Then he disposes of the car in a third location, either dumps it or torches it. Then he hitch hikes out or catches a lift at a backpackers, there's always someone willing to let a person tag along if they pitch in for petrol.

Just my best guess, going on what requires the least divergence from what I know of how the world works and what I know of the case.

I am also thinking the child died first, but for a different reason.

As I have said before a number of times on this forum, I think only a person who loved the child would have place her remains in a case full of her clothes, toys and quilt.
We know that the child's body decomposed elsewhere and was later put into the case (from earlier police statements).

So I believe that it would be the mother who kept the remains so carefully.

But the question of why they were eventually dumped in 2015, and why on a roadside in SA is a mystery.
Although I like your idea that the case was found by a so far unknown third person and moved from wherever it was previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71