AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Khadalyce would have been 7 years old now. The legal age to begin school in Australia is generally 5 - 6 isn't it? Whose job is/was it to follow up and ensure children are enrolled in school, the NT equivalent of DOCS?
To the best of my knowledge no-one tracks school admissions across the nation with intent to see that kids don't fall through the gaps... each state has a government agency that follows up reports of kids not attending school. It would be expensive because people move around a lot (interstate and overseas) and prior to the computer systems of this century the difficulty would have been too great. Even now it would probably cost many millions to set up that sort of communication between the computers at various levels of government, and more millions each year to follow up.

There are thousands of unregistered homeschoolers in Australia. While educating your children is compulsory in Australia and all states have home ed registers, many people choose not to register. If they keep on the down low and don't attract the attention of a crusading school principal who reports them to DOCS, nobody is ever any the wiser. The home edders I know are all registered and 'do the right thing' but plenty don't. There isn't a central registry of children that gets checked against school enrolments across the country or anything like that, for the reasons reasypeasy gives.

My question is who told the mother that Karlie was safe she just didn't want family contact? Someone Karlie knew? The cops?

So was the mum travelling around doing seasonal work on farms do we think? That's what it sounds like to me, if yes, she would have met up with a huge number of people, backpackers and locals alike from all over the world and Australia, although the young people who do the seasonal work are often students or other kids looking for a little extra money during term break, some rather unsavoury types also take up this kind of work as they wish to stay 'off the grid'. Police likely have their work cut out, but if mum had a boyfriend a number of people would know.

I'm actually hoping she was a seasonal worker because if so it meant she had to stay on properties and police will be able to track her movements easier. Also, would she have to let Centerlink know where she was to keep receiving the single parents benefit? On that, you'd think Centerlink would have been able to report to authorities when they lost contact with her, surely someone can't simply drop off the grid with a child and not be chased up at all, or can they?

It must be difficult for a single mother to be a seasonal worker, away from family or a support system to help care for the baby. How does a parent manage this?

I am thrilled knowing that the wee lassie's Grandma made the quilt for her, and that it wasn't just a random purchase or a gift from a charity. And, after staring at the rotted quilt for so long, I'm thrilled that we get to see a picture of the fresh, new quilt with the baby. Surely Grandma must be smiling from heaven to see how it figured into helping identify her little granddaughter.

New South Wales Police

If you look in the background, there is also another quilt on the chair behind her.

attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce/posts/10153363516501185

Do you suppose the picture was taken at Grandma's house? The carpet doesn't look like something you'd see in a shoppe.

The more I think about this, the more I am thinking this could possibly have been a truckie. His route goes from either WA or somewhere in SA, through Wynarka, onto NSW via Belanglo. Maybe he lives out that way.

He picks them up and gives them a lift, kills them both. Shoves the little girls body into their suitcase, but has to dump the mother. Or maybe he killed the little girl - he may have lost his temper when she was crying etc.

Keeps the mother bound in the cabin of the truck, but has to do something. Mind races over those quiet and lonely km's. then decides to kill the mum and dump her in Belanglo, and it won't be traced to him, given the area's notoriety.

He still has the suitcase though, and for whatever reason he keeps it. He may have kept it for 5 years then died, and his family found it. Or he may have died suddenly not long after, and they panic when they find it, but stash it somewhere while thinking what to do with it.

Maybe on his run back to town one day he decides to pitch it out the window of the moving truck. Or maybe it is at a family property and gets stolen from the shed. Nothing of value, it is then discarded. Or maybe he dies and a relative wants it gone, but doesn't want it linked back to the family. Etc. All the scenarios that were originally in play by various posters here could still be in play, if the perp was unknown to the victims prior to offering them a lift.

Someone said the original artist impression of Belanglo Angel didn't look anything like Karlie. I think they gave it a European slant, due to the dentistry aspect.

I am quietly optimistic that this case will get solved. If the perp is a random, then it would be pretty much a sure bet that there would be violence toward women in his history. Also, a young mum and a little blonde kid would have attracted attention, and had a lot of interactions with others on the road. I think a fair few may come out of the woodwork now.

EDIT - PS Although it is horrible that any mum and child died in such horrific circumstances,I can't help but feel relieved that this was nothing to do with my former neighbours. And I am hopeful that the info I gave crime stoppers concerning them at least triggered a welfare check on those kids.

So we have Bengalo body on one side of ACT, Wynarka a long way away. The mother on the non-relative side of ACT. The mother from Alice Springs. Why was the mother dumped on the Bengalo side of Canberra?

We need to know how far from Bengalo family lived out of ACT.

Who commits such a violent act on a child? Were they hunted by someone? What for? They were certainly mobile.

wynarka_angel.jpg
Ignore the Kew pin please, its left overs, for argument sake. Not implying parents involved. Officer Bray has clearly stated no involvement.

DNA from those bones, which were sitting unidentified in a box in the Glebe Morgue, were cross-matched to the bones found at Wynarka. :cry:

By Friday night last week, police had confirmed Angel was in fact Karlie Pearce-Stevenson, Khandalyce's mother

It is understood the mother had received a text message or a phone call telling her Karlie was ok but didn't want any further communication with her.

However investigators aren't certain whether it what Karlie or someone else that made the call or message.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/the-call-...stigations-20151021-gkf1q7.html#ixzz3pBz2z0Ys
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

The style was 'western'. E.g. I presume similar metals for fillings etc are using in NZ/Australia/USA etc whereas other sorts might be preferred in Asia/Russia etc.

Gold fillings are common in Europe. She was so young, though. Would she even need fillings of any sort?

With all the talk about The Milat family.It made another well known name,pop out for me.Bradley John Murdoch.

*Murdoch was truck driver.

*In 1999,onwards,owned property near the riverland-that was 170kms out of Adelaide.

*James Hempi (a friend) is quoted as saying at Murdoch's trial,for the abduction of Peter falconio.That Murdoch had suggested that the best way would be to bury a body under a spoon drain,which is the run off from Highways.Where the water Runs off,saying that there are softer digging there.

*2 counts of rape,2 counts of false imprisonment,2 counts of indecent assult and 1 count of common assult,in relation to August 2001.It is alleged he raped a 12 year old girl,then abducted Her and Her mother as insurance,as he believed he was being framed by the police.
After being held captive for 25 hours in a 4 wheels drive canopy,they were set free on the outskirts of Port Augusta,s.a.

Prob's,very far off and not at all related.
Plenty of monsters in the world.Too,many for my liking!.
I'm so full of emotion ,with both the angels,finally having a names and faces.And,are no longer lost,nor forgotten.
But,so full of questions.

On one hand I think it had to be someone they knew - whoever told Karlie's mum that she was fine and didn't want to be contacted.

On the other hand, a trucker would make sense. And if he has killed an innocent young mum and her precious daughter ... I would bet there are more. Perhaps inspired by Milat?

With all the talk about The Milat family.It made another well known name,pop out for me.Bradley John Murdoch.

*In 1999,onwards,owned property near the riverland-that was 170kms out of Adelaide.

*James Hempi (a friend) is quoted as saying at Murdoch's trial,for the abduction of Peter falconio.That Murdoch had suggested that the best way would be to bury a body under a spoon drain,which is the run off from Highways.Where the water Runs off,saying that there are softer digging there.

*2 counts of rape,2 counts of false imprisonment,2 counts of indecent assult and 1 count of common assult,in relation to August 2001.It is alleged he raped a 12 year old girl,then abducted Her and Her mother as insurance,as he believed he was being framed by the police.
After being held captive for 25 hours in a 4 wheels drive canopy,they were set free on the outskirts of Port Augusta,s.a.

I'm so full of emotion ,with both the angels,finally having a names and faces.And,are no longer lost,nor forgotten.
GMTA. I was thinking Murdoch when I made my last post!

His crimes, carried out in Sydney, Wellington, Bathurst, Dubbo and Port Macquarie, span four decades and include assaulting women, stealing, and escaping police custody, The Daily Telegraph reported.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...0-OFFENCES-criminal-record.html#ixzz3pBnTBNT8

My google map shows: Belanglo State Forest and Bathurst are not that far apart. And a very young mother plus a very young child makes possibly sense to have met AJ when possibly as a truck driver on some highway. Only thinking! :thinking:

On this side of the globe, truck drivers have to have a fairly clean criminal record. Is that the case in Australia too? Murdering a mother and child is a horrendous crime that I wonder if a person with a fairly clean criminal record would do this.

Would Murdoch have been on the lose in 2008?
Wikipedia says he was arrested in 2003

Gold fillings are common in Europe. She was so young, though. Would she even need fillings of any sort?

By the time I was 20, I had many fillings and a root canal even though I took very good care of my teeth...well I did stink at flossing. 20 years later and more science, my dentist realized my diet Coke addiction during that time and after was the culprit. I stopped drinking the diet Coke and stopped chewing sugar free gum that isn't made with only xylitol and my problems have stopped. (Sorry for the explanation...just don't want you guys to imagine me typing with moss on my teeth!). Sooo....yes, she could have needed fillings. (I guess I could have just said that, but then you guys would be bored...Right?)

There is a thread for the Falconio case at the link below for anyone who may be interested.

AUSTRALIA - Peter Falconio, 28, Barrow Creek, NT, 14 July 2001

maybe they werent killed together, if they had been hitch hiking. the killer may have driven them to the forest and killed karlie and taken little khandalyce to be killed later, their luggage would have been in his car?

There were many who thought that Ivan Milat did not operate on his own. Perhaps his partner continued with the killing after Ivan was jailed. The mum and child could have been picked up hitch-hiking. The description by police that the manner of death was horrific strikes me as being sadistic rather than domestic violence.

My question is who told the mother that Karlie was safe she just didn't want family contact? Someone Karlie knew? The cops?

Perhaps Karlie actually was safe at that point in time - perhaps she confirmed it even. The fact she was reported missing by her mother does not mean this was the period she actually went missing; it may have been at a later date and this reported missing/confirmed okay was genuine on all parts and is now a red herring in effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper