AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Mrs. G. Just reading from that article again it states...

The police suggest the Lanza was sold exclusively by Strandbags outlets at Murray Bridge, McLaren Vale, Rundle Mall, Salisbury and Elizabeth. The question of whether it could have been bought in Renmark or Mt Gambier or over the border in Mildura or Warrnambool — or at any of the other dozen or more stores in Victoria — remains unanswered.

I take that to mean that the police really don't know if the suitcase was purchased in Mt Gambier or not. They didn't actually say that it did not come from the Mt. Gambier store. Anyway it's a moot point really. Now that we know the identity of Khandalyce and Karlie I don't think it really matters where the suitcase was purchased and by whom. All that matters now is that these monsters are locked up for life. I'd personally like to see them stand before a firing squad but that's just me.

I believe SAPOL have only mentioned SA sales points, up to this point to media.

Yes the suitcase is "exclusive to Strandbags" not necessarily only those stores. There is a strandbags in Alice Springs, and I know someone that worked for Strandbags in another state and they sold the same suitcase's.

Yes!

There must have been some kind of vice at play for someone to need two sources of income (at least) and to feel the need to work when they were not only getting disability, but also a murdered woman's single mothers benefit.

Gambling or drugs, or both I wonder.

They would also have the use of Karlie's health card I believe. Another avenue to keep themselves off the radar.

I've had some thoughts after reading this thread over the past six weeks. This is what I've come up with. I'd be interested to read any constructive criticism. If any dates or places are incorrect, please let me know.

Karlie may have already supplied documents to Centrelink verifying her identity before she was killed. The person posing as Karlie wouldn't need to show them at an interview. All other transactions and contact can be done by phone or on the internet. In any case, Karlie would probably be carrying identity documents with her if she was going to be working whilst away from home in Alice Springs.

Maybe Karlie met up with her killer in Adelaide; even on the promise of working for them. After her murder, the KP Drilling Company may have been set up by Karlie's killer, using her identity documents, in order to apply for ever increasing loans from the credit union or other sources (maybe that's where the deposits due to fraud come in). Much easier to get a loan if you are a small business, after making even small, regular deposits, than it is if you receive Centrelink benefits. The multiple ATM withdrawals that were made in NT (and elsewhere) could have been connected with a person who has a truck-mounted (or towed) portable rig used to drill for bore water.

Maybe the stop in Mount Gambier was to pick someone else up on the way to Canberra, possibly the person who lived in Charnwood and who was known to Karlie and/or her killer. Or just to visit family living there.

Karlie was probably killed sometime just before Christmas in 2008, around the time she withdrew money from the ATM in Charnwood. Either she went willingly with her killer toward Sydney and was killed in Belanglo State Forest or she could have been killed shortly before (maybe even at the Charnwood house.) As to the killer's motives for killing her at that time, I have no clue.

As for little Khandalyce, maybe she was left in Canberra whilst Karlie went on her final trip. The killer returned and took Khandalyce back to Adelaide, with or without an excuse as to why Karlie hadn't returned with them. There are many possibilities as to why Khandalyce may have been murdered. She may have been considered of no use to her mother's killer, her murder was due to violent abuse or to control someone else with her remains being used as a reminder of their own tenuous grip on life. Maybe Khandalyce's remains were moved once the Angel's killer was incarcerated or the other party finally managed to escape. Or the killer got rid of Khandalyce's remains when they moved away or her mother's remains were found (ie, there was a risk that the jig would be up).

I wonder if this person has preyed upon other young women before Karlie, with or without children such as Khandalyce, and this time just saw a chance to take advantage of them even after their deaths at their hand. A very disturbed individual, not to mention the people who were accessories.

Also, what do people think about the person in the wheelchair at the bank, the ATM withdrawals/EFTPOS purchases at the pain clinic (another poster mentioned in the last thread) and the person who posed as Karlie at Centrelink? Part of another scam as they were receiving social security or other income in their own name? Their relationship to Karlie's and Khandalyce's killer?

A big thank you* to everyone who posted on this thread over the past 12 hours; give or take. I think most of the thoughts I posted at the end of the last thread and the beginning of this one are starting to click (clunk?) Into place in my brain.

(* I can't acknowledge everyone's posts by 'Thanking' them because I'm using a handheld device, which also explains why most of my posts are edited...much like this one *sigh*).

Yes, I'm thinking that way too. However, I think if a truck was involved, it would be a smallish type of truck, like a Pantec or similar. I keep thinking that whoever killed Karlie, either at Belanglo or near, wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves driving a dirty great big truck into Belanglo, especially as she was deposited so close to the camping ground. If she was killed around December - that's camping season, and there are a lot of people who go into Belanglo, for day trips or camping over the weekend. Plus the pistol club is near there - so you have a lot of people coming and going to get to the club, plus it's a logging forrest. So, it's not as remote as you'd think where she was deposited. From memory, they didn't bother to bury her remains, did they? Unless she was killed whilst camping at Belanglo - a spur of the moment thing.

BBM: This thought has crossed my mind. Was Karlie invited on a camping trip to Belanglo and things went terribly wrong from there? Was she was lured there for the sole purpose of killing her, or was her murder fueled by drugs, booze etc?

I'm thinking at this stage that Karlie left Khandalyce in Adelaide with 'friends' and made the trip to Canberra with someone else but was intending to head back to Khandalyce ASAP. IMO whoever murdered Karlie and Khandalyce has connections to both Canberra and Adelaide. It wouldn't surprise me if they also have connections to Murray Bridge near Wynarka. It could be family connections, work connections or both. IMO that route between Canberra and Adelaide was often travelled by the murderer(s) and accomplices.

So this was a centralised place of residence somewhere due to the banking?. Elizabeth somewhere. Does that correlate with the postcode of business? 5116? They are noth North East Adelaide. Separate addresses? Different people?

Elizabeth: https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-34.7229732,138.6920289,14z

Evaston: https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...2!3m1!1s0x6ab9fe5f26262e9b:0x1c033657a3510b90

So they lived in Evaston, and banked in Elizabeth

The police say the suitcase did not come from the Mt Gambier store, if they bought the suitcase at Strandbags, it's more likely to have come from the Elizabeth store which is in the same shopping centre they did their banking under Karlie's name in IMO.

I am wondering what the Karlie impostor would have said about Khandalice during her Centrelink interview. How would she explain where Khandalyce was? She would still have been too young to be in school at the time the impersonator was active. (Have I got the maths right?) Wouldn't it be normal to take your pre-school age child with you to such a thing - especially considering the fact that some of the benefits related to being a single mother solely responsible for a child.

Perhaps the impostors said she was in a playgroup or pre-school, or with a babysitter. Though wouldn't that would be a difficult question, for fear that that could be checked out?

It's all just mind-boggling.

<respectfully snipped by me>
Now that we know the identity of Khandalyce and Karlie I don't think it really matters where the suitcase was purchased and by whom.

True, but it could also prove intent by an accessory to the murders.

So this was a centralised place of residence somewhere due to the banking?. Elizabeth somewhere. Does that correlate with the postcode of business? 5116? They are noth North East Adelaide. Separate addresses? Different people?

Elizabeth: https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-34.7229732,138.6920289,14z

Evaston: https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...2!3m1!1s0x6ab9fe5f26262e9b:0x1c033657a3510b90

So they lived in Evaston, and banked in Elizabeth

Yes if you lived in Evanston your nearest main shopping centre would be Elizabeth (I was raised in Gawler which is adjacent, and the original town Evanston is attached to). Gawler is a lot bigger now with Target etc, but it certainly didn't used to be, also there are ATM's for that credit union in Gawler, but the branch is in Elizabeth, basically if you live in Evanston and needed to do some serious shopping you would drive 20 minutes up the road to Elizabeth where you can access all the services you need in one spot.

Many of the towns around Elizabeth are largely housing trust, that would be places to the North like Munno Para, and areas to the south like Salisbury, Holden Hill etc.

I am wondering what the Karlie impostor would have said about Khandalice during her Centrelink interview. How would she explain where Khandalyce was? She would still have been too young to be in school at the time the impersonator was active. (Have I got the maths right?) Wouldn't it be normal to take your pre-school age child with you to such a thing - especially considering the fact that some of the benefits related to being a single mother solely responsible for a child.

Perhaps the impostors said she was in a playgroup or pre-school, or with a babysitter. Though wouldn't that would be a difficult question, for fear that that could be checked out?

It's all just mind-boggling.

By 2010 when these rorts were going on Khandalyce would have been showing up on the records as being four years old. I think it would be very easy for these impostors to say that Khandalyce was at playgroup, pre-school or with a relative. I really don't think the Centrelink staff have the authority to check on where a child is and personally I don't think they would really care.

BBM: This thought has crossed my mind. Was Karlie invited on a camping trip to Belanglo and things went terribly wrong from there? Was she was lured there for the sole purpose of killing her, or was her murder fueled by drugs, booze etc?

I'm thinking at this stage that Karlie left Khandalyce in Adelaide with 'friends' and made the trip to Canberra with someone else but was intending to head back to Khandalyce ASAP. IMO whoever murdered Karlie and Khandalyce has connections to both Canberra and Adelaide. It wouldn't surprise me if they also have connections to Murray Bridge near Wynarka. It could be family connections, work connections or both. IMO that route between Canberra and Adelaide was often travelled by the murderer(s) and accomplices.

All of your post is my line of thought too. I actually wondered if there was an arranged camping trip ... am thinking small truck that you could sleep in or 4WD or campervan. However, having said that, I can think of 30 or more better places to go camping than Belanglo, especially given the travel that seems involved - unless you actually lived near there and it was convenient, or unless it was premeditated and they planned to camp there, kill her and leave her there to try and look like it was a "Milat" murder.

I think Khandalyce was left with someone that Karlie trusted, most probably a woman, either Karlie's age (friend) or the older relative of a man or woman that Karlie knew (mother/grandmother).

On a totally separate note ... I was talking to my son about this case yesterday and as soon as I mentioned Karlie being either killed or left in Belanglo, the first thing that came out of his mouth was "oh, it was probably Richard ...". He used to work with Richard years ago and he was apparently a renowned psycho who all the other workers avoided like the plague - no-one dared to upset him because he was such a loose cannon. Sorry if that's irrelevant - delete if necessary.

I'm also starting to wonder why the elusive suitcase man has not come forward.

Now that the Wynarka case is national, and connected to another high-profile crime, it is harder to say that he has just missed the news from SA that a suitcase was found and police want to talk to him because he's not a big TV watcher or follower of social media. I'm not in Australia but I get the impression that this story is now being covered very strongly on all fronts - please correct me if I am wrong.

Des Bray made it plain that withholding information was a serious crime. Yet suitcase man still remains silent. Even if completely innocent, he is still in the wrong for not coming forward.

This case hasopened up a can of worms with regard to a whole network of serious criminal activity all over Australia. Many people could have been affected. Not to mention what befell Khandalyce herself. What kind of supposedly innocent person would put his own personal concerns above providing information to police that could be of great help?

It may be that he is 'largely irrelevant,' as Des Bray has said. But the question of his silence still bothers me.

All of your post is my line of thought too. I actually wondered if there was an arranged camping trip ... am thinking small truck that you could sleep in or 4WD or campervan. However, having said that, I can think of 30 or more better places to go camping than Belanglo, especially given the travel that seems involved - unless you actually lived near there and it was convenient, or unless it was premeditated and they planned to camp there, kill her and leave her there to try and look like it was a "Milat" murder.

I think Khandalyce was left with someone that Karlie trusted, most probably a woman, either Karlie's age (friend) or the older relative of a man or woman that Karlie knew (mother/grandmother).

On a totally separate note ... I was talking to my son about this case yesterday and as soon as I mentioned Karlie being either killed or left in Belanglo, the first thing that came out of his mouth was "oh, it was probably Richard ...". He used to work with Richard years ago and he was apparently a renowned psycho who all the other workers avoided like the plague - no-one dared to upset him because he was such a loose cannon. Sorry if that's irrelevant - delete if necessary.

Was it Richard Milat?

By 2010 when these rorts were going on Khandalyce would have been showing up on the records as being four years old. I think it would be very easy for these impostors to say that Khandalyce was at playgroup, pre-school or with a relative. I really don't think the Centrelink staff have the authority to check on where a child is and personally I don't think they would really care.

Maybe not under normal circumstances, no. But in a case where they're interviewing someone, and possibly feel they have a reason to dig a bit more deeply, then perhaps. After all, there were no medical appointments or anything like that for Khandalyce at this stage, for example. Gaps in the files could have aroused suspicion.

What we do know is that the whole fraud thing came to an end in 2011. That would be around the time when Khandalyce would have been enrolled in school. Perhaps too many questions were beginning to be asked, and this is what prompted the impostors to pull out.

Yes, I'm thinking that way too. However, I think if a truck was involved, it would be a smallish type of truck, like a Pantec or similar. I keep thinking that whoever killed Karlie, either at Belanglo or near, wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves driving a dirty great big truck into Belanglo, especially as she was deposited so close to the camping ground. If she was killed around December - that's camping season, and there are a lot of people who go into Belanglo, for day trips or camping over the weekend. Plus the pistol club is near there - so you have a lot of people coming and going to get to the club, plus it's a logging forrest. So, it's not as remote as you'd think where she was deposited. From memory, they didn't bother to bury her remains, did they? Unless she was killed whilst camping at Belanglo - a spur of the moment thing.

BBM: Logs need to be removed and carted away on Big Trucks..... Also there is a mine/quarry in that same section of forrest - also requiring trucks to ferry loads in and out.

Just out of interest how old is your son ?

I'm also starting to wonder why the elusive suitcase man has not come forward.

Now that the Wynarka case is national, and connected to another high-profile crime, it is harder to say that he has just missed the news from SA that a suitcase was found and police want to talk to him because he's not a big TV watcher or follower of social media. I'm not in Australia but I get the impression that this story is now being covered very strongly on all fronts - please correct me if I am wrong.

Des Bray made it plain that withholding information was a serious crime. Yet suitcase man still remains silent. Even if completely innocent, he is still in the wrong for not coming forward.

This case hasopened up a can of worms with regard to a whole network of serious criminal activity all over Australia. Many people could have been affected. Not to mention what befell Khandalyce herself. What kind of supposedly innocent person would put his own personal concerns above providing information to police that could be of great help?

It may be that he is 'largely irrelevant,' as Des Bray has said. But the question of his silence still bothers me.

The well dressed man seen carrying a suitcase, apparently both before and after discovery of the case with Kandalyce's bones, may well have been just that - a man carrying a suitcase. He did not necessarily dump the suitcase. There are many eccentric people about and if his carrying of a suitcase was completely innocent, then he may be totally unaware of the news, particularly if he is a migrant itinerant with little English. Again my thoughts only

BANK ACCOUNT LOCATIONS

3/11/2008 Purchase at KFC (Port Augusta)

6/11/2008 Purchase McDonalds (Rundle Mall, Adelaide) 3 days head south

9/11/2008 Eftpos Purchase Coles (Alice Springs) 3 days head north

14/11/2008 ATM withdrawal (Kent Town) 5 days head south

17/11/2008 Rabbit Photo/Strandbags (Mt Gambier) 5 days head way south

24/11/2008 ATM withdrawal Kippax Fair (Canberra) 7 days east to canberra

16/12/2008 Charnwood (Canberra) 12 days Canberra

19/12/2008 Deakin (Canberra) 3 days West to Adelaide (Broadview)

22/12/2008 BP OTR (Broadview) Massive North Stuart highway 3 days

6/01/2009 Coober Pedy (Coober Pedy)

7/01/2009 EFTPOS Purchase Mobil (Alice Springs )

10/01/2009 ATM withdrawal BP (Broadview)

I haven't time to finish this but you get the picture. They haven't stopped Milking ATMs with multiple cards?

karlie-card.jpg

More miles than Circus De Sol Le

16/12/2008 Charnwood (Canberra) 12 days Canberra > Belanglo forest

Dump Karlie on the 16th, then Candles on the way home?

I am concerned Karlie was dead before all of this. Karlie was killed before Port Augusta?

Someone was on Murdoch Dilmahs, and it wasnt Karlie

The well dressed man seen carrying a suitcase, apparently both before and after discovery of the case with Kandalyce's bones, may well have been just that - a man carrying a suitcase. He did not necessarily dump the suitcase. There are many eccentric people about and if his carrying of a suitcase was completely innocent, then he may be totally unaware of the news, particularly if he is a migrant itinerant with little English. Again my thoughts only

Correct, there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that his suitcase was the suitcase - as discussed at length. That's why it's perplexing to me that he doesn't come forward!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0