AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no requirement for single parents to attend Centrelink, unless requested, such as the interview Karlie's impersonator attended. Single parents aren't required to work until their youngest child turns 6 years old. Even if they do work before that time, wages are reported via phone or online.

There is supposed to be data matching between all Federal (ie, ATO, Centrelink, Medicare) and some State (ie, Social Housing, Education, Health) government departments, but this is done by computers and only gives an indication that someone may need to be reviewed in person.

Just an observation... When Centrelink screw up - and this happens more often than you'd believe possible - then it can take a visit to sort it out. So it can be simultaneously true that single parents are not required to attend Centrelink once their payments are set up, and that occasional visits to Centrelink are unavoidable or payments can be disrupted.

Any thoughts about why the police are positive there are at least two women involved?

I feel sure that these women have been captured on CCTV and the police know who they are. The police would only release CCTV footage if they needed the public's help in identifying them. If they haven't been captured on CCTV it's possible that someone has dobbed them in.

BBM: The last payments from Centrelink into Karlie's account were in 2011. Her bank card was last used in March 2012 at Charnwood Canberra. Karlie's bank account was finally closed in 2015 after a lengthy period of inactivity.

Thanks for picking up that inaccuracy, Makara. Still main suspect will be due out soon. I kind of remember an MSM article saying the suspect was halfway through a 4 and 1/2 year sentence for a crime committed in NSW, unrelated to Karlie's and Khandalyce's murders and previous child sexual offences.

Sidebar: Need coffee, food and to recover from my mammogram before I attempt to post again today. Took me an hour this morning (and visits to two different stores) to choose wrapping paper for my daughter's birthday present. *facepalm*

Major Crime detectives clearly have the suspects in their sights and are building a brief of evidence against them, for both the murders and the frauds.

“We have a very strong focus on who may be involved and we have a very strong focus on people in this state who know they were involved,’’ Det. Superintendent Des Bray said on Tuesday.

Just as they do in the Meffert case, it is highly likely detectives have CCTV images of those who have been withdrawing cash regularly from Karlie Pearce-Stevenson’s account.

It is also likely they have CCTV images from a number of other locations the suspects frequented while carrying out their calculating and callous fraud.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s-fraud-revealed/story-fnii5yv6-1227584591272

The fact that the police have said that "wages" were deposited into her bank account suggests to me that they were wages from a legitimate source. "From a person" is more baffling though. I would have expected "from an organisation" or "from a company" or "from a business". So what "person" would deposit wages into someone's bank account - as opposed to paying them cash?

Maybe KP Drilling? could be why the ABN was created as a front for money they didnt want traced to them? And a way to keep the account active.

I didn't think of that - I presumed the suitcase was the suitcase she originally brought with her from Alice.

It may well have been Panda. The only reason I speculated on it being purchased at Strandbags in Mt. Gambier is that police stated the suitcase found at Wynarka was solely distributed by Strandbags and as we know Strandbags trade Australia wide, so I could be way off with this thought.

Being in gaol won't save you from these types of people, if they are the type I'm suggesting they have arms everywhere.

By saying that they are probably no longer with us - I didn't mean by way of jail or old age - I meant that they could have succumbed to the same fate as Karlie and Khandalyce.

Oh yes, I agree with you, sleep. They may have met the same fate.

As for retribution, I'd rather take my chances with them locked up in a SuperMax for life (a la Milat, Skaf et al) and take the opportunity to disappear, than there being the risk of any other possibility if I keep quiet.

Just an observation... When Centrelink screw up - and this happens more often than you'd believe possible - then it can take a visit to sort it out. So it can be simultaneously true that single parents are not required to attend Centrelink once their payments are set up, and that occasional visits to Centrelink are unavoidable or payments can be disrupted.

True but anecdotally I'd say it's usually smooth sailing if there are no changes to your place of residence, dependants, marital or employment status. Unless an anomaly pops up on their radar they usually leave you alone. Wonder what other event(s) corresponded with the timing of the Centrelink interview.

Looking forward to see if there is any spin-offs from this case. This appears to be criminals with experience and potential criminal networking. I guess, in some cases, prison is an introduction agency. They may have priors.

There appears quite a bit of momentum at the moment in regards operation Rosann etc. While it appears on many occasion that police have not solved a crime, the perpetrator maybe already in prison and the ones that are out are rat bait.

All those with their rants about police incompetence must be a little nervous :laughing:

Major Crime detectives clearly have the suspects in their sights and are building a brief of evidence against them, for both the murders and the frauds.
“We have a very strong focus on who may be involved and we have a very strong focus on people in this state who know they were involved,’’ Det. Superintendent Des Bray said on Tuesday.
Just as they do in the Meffert case, it is highly likely detectives have CCTV images of those who have been withdrawing cash regularly from Karlie Pearce-Stevenson’s account.
It is also likely they have CCTV images from a number of other locations the suspects frequented while carrying out their calculating and callous fraud.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s-fraud-revealed/story-fnii5yv6-1227584591272

One of the petrol stations has a rather large rehabilitation centre 400 metres away. That being wheelchair etc. So if theywent the petrol station, it would be worth checking rehabilitation records.

True but anecdotally I'd say it's usually smooth sailing if there are no changes to your place if residence, dependants, marital or employment status. Unless an anomaly pops up on their radar they usually leave you alone. Wonder what other event(s) corresponded with the timing of the Centrelink interview.

Maybe KP Drilling? could be why the ABN was created as a front for money they didnt want traced to them? And a way to keep the account active.

KP = Khandalyce Pearce....a likely name that a mother would use for a business. A lot of people name businesses after their children or use their children's initials to make a business name.

KP = Khandalyce Pearce....a likely name that a mother would use for a business. A lot of people name businesses after their children or use their children's initials to make a business name.

when was that ABN created again? Having a brain fart...

7 News Adelaide ‏@7NewsAdelaide 34m34 minutes ago

Crime Stoppers have received 1443 calls in SA (Wynarka/Belangelo). 157 since Karlie and Khandalyce were identified.

Ahh ok, thanks for that info Bohemian. That blows that theory. Now I'm stumped unless as someone suggested....needed to show income for a loan?

There has only been one visit to Centrelink in 2010 as reported in MSM. I'm not ruling out others we don't know about.

They've just reported on ABCNews24 that police have said the fraud investigations are the key to the murders and asking those involved to come forward and speak to them.

I did suggest that Karlie's bank account, regular income and registered company may be used to help secure fraudulent loans at some stage.

I have no idea what was purchased at Rabbit Photo/Strandbags in Mt. Gambier on 17 November 2008. I speculated that Karlie or someone else may have purchased the Lanza suitcase from Strandbags, the same suitcase that the remains of Khandalyce were found in seven years later.

How would I know that Crabby? LOL, although I feel sure that police would certainly know.

The police say the suitcase did not come from the Mt Gambier store, if they bought the suitcase at Strandbags, it's more likely to have come from the Elizabeth store which is in the same shopping centre they did their banking under Karlie's name in IMO.

The other clue is the suitcase itself. Like the clothes, the Lanza brand case is “budget” quality. Lanza is the cheapest line of the brands sold by the national luggage retail chain, Strandbags.

Police have learned that the store “gave away” a large number of the suitcases for as little as $9 each several years ago. Any one of them could have ended up in a charity store, or been picked up from the street during a hard rubbish collection, even recycled at a tip.

The suitcase is variously described as “faded blue” or “grey”, although police have used a black model to use for publicity purposes. Whatever its original colour, it looks as if it was severely weathered before the guilty party put the clothes and the bones in it.

The police suggest the Lanza was sold exclusively by Strandbags outlets at Murray Bridge, McLaren Vale, Rundle Mall, Salisbury and Elizabeth. The question of whether it could have been bought in Renmark or Mt Gambier or over the border in Mildura or Warrnambool — or at any of the other dozen or more stores in Victoria — remains unanswered.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...a/news-story/840510a05a67a2c19e8e4f9dc78f33ce

StrandBags @ Elizabeth: http://www.elizabethshopping.com.au/Stores/Strandbags/

How do we know that the person was in a wheelchair? There can't be a CCTV record from that far back. It must have been documented by a clerk.

If the person was in a wheelchair simply because of a broken foot and nothing more serious, then why document it? Perhaps it was some part of the scam; part of the identity for Karlie that this person wanted to construct?

It seems to me that if you're involved in major fraud, the last thing you would want to do would be to draw unnecessary attention to yourself. And a twenty-year old in a wheel chair is a very unusual sight. So perhaps it was part of an elaborate plan?

Apologies if I am repeating earlier ideas - trying so hard to read and keep up!

It could be on the cctv files. Those are stored digitally now. The days of rewinding the tape and taping over it are long gone.
I doubt the specific teller remembers the details from a busy branch like Elizabeth.
I think the police have the cctv image which is how they know the woman was in a wheelchair.
Obviously they don't need to release the image to the public to identify her as they know who she is.

when was that ABN created again? Having a brain fart...

1/1/2011 - This would be the ATO commencing the ABN at the start of a new quarter. Indicates to me that the 'business' was not operating at the time of the application for an ABN, otherwise the date would be as at the date of the application. ABNs can also be backdated, if business has been operating prior to ABN issue.

e.g. If you apply say on 20/10/2015 for an ABN, but you actually started your business on 3/10/2015, then your ABN will be backdated to 3/10/2015. But you are meant to apply before you commence your business.

I still think there maybe a link with a truck driver . I cant shake that thought

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

So it as created after Karlies death - assuming it is linked to her - dodgy dodgy dodgy :/

So it as created after Karlies death - assuming it is linked to her - dodgy dodgy dodgy :/

I am sure it is linked to her - more of the illusions of proof of life, but created very soon after Karlie's remains were found in Belanglo. My thoughts only.

I am sure it is linked to her - more of the illusions of proof of life, but created very soon after Karlie's remains were found in Belanglo. My thoughts only.
I think so too . What a way to try and throw police off . Maybe the killers thought karlie would be identified quicker then what she was.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member