AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is paywalled, can you please paraphrase?

Daniel James Holdom, 41, from Blue Bay on the NSW Central Coast, spoke only twice as he confirmed he could hear the magistrate.

Police allege he killed karlie in Belanglo, on the 14th or 15th of december 2008

Holden will re appear in court via link in nov

Khandalyce Kiara Pearce was alive for some time after her murder.

Inquiries into the murder of Khandalyce are continuing.

Holdem has not been charged in relation to the murder of two-year-old Khandalyce.

Investigators are beginning to shed light on the mysterious killings of the pair.

No point in posting the res of the article its very long and everything has been hashed over on other MSM news sites

have been tracking this case on here and finally got my account validated which seemed to take an eternity.

I am still puzzled by these ATM transactions prior to her death, these long trips back and forth in quick succession have screamed drug drop offs to me. you don't drive up and back to from Adelaide to Alice Springs just to take in the sights, maybe Karlie got involved in the wrong crowd.

It looks like she was in Canberra for quite some time although we don't really know that, she might have just stopped using her ATM card for this period, given how long she has stayed in other areas the month prior she could easily have been travelling elsewhere. IMO though she has stayed here and tried to have a break from all this driving she has been doing, she caught up with an old friend and things eventually turned bad on Dec 14th/15th. Who knows she may have given her pin code over on her own (hopefully she didn't get tortured) its been used not by her in Canberra before whoever has done this has returned back to SA and then whoever has done this has done a similar trip to Karlie had done a month or so earlier.
In Nov Karlie drove from Port Augusta to Adelaide to Alice Springs to Adelaide, having a day or so in each, the person using her ATM card, drove from Adelaide to Alice Springs and pretty much came straight back to Adelaide to make that last transaction. This is either a coincidence or they were doing a similar route for someone. I do not buy the trucker theory.

I've always wondered why she would go to Canberra, now that they have said it was a family associate it makes sense, I feel the person arrested knew people in Adelaide who Karlie came in contact with in the early Nov period.

I apologize if I have talked about things not allowed, first post and I had all these thoughts I wanted to share

Welcome BoomBoom. What a great monicker. Crabstick is my logistics guru, so I'll leave it to crabby to reply to your post.

Regarding posting, check out the comments and links on Page 1, post 1 in this thread by Makara (our moderator) and follow her Mod Alerts and you shouldn't go too far wrong.

Daniel James Holdom, 41, from Blue Bay on the NSW Central Coast, spoke only twice as he confirmed he could hear the magistrate.

Police allege he killed karlie in Belanglo, on the 14th or 15th of december 2008

Holden will re appear in court via link in nov

Khandalyce Kiara Pearce was alive for some time after her murder.

Inquiries into the murder of Khandalyce are continuing.

Holdem has not been charged in relation to the murder of two-year-old Khandalyce.

Investigators are beginning to shed light on the mysterious killings of the pair.

No point in posting the res of the article its very long and everything has been hashed over on other MSM news sites

This is the same article but doesn't seem paywalled for some reason?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...tevensons-murder/story-e6frg6nf-1227586171313

ETA - Never mind, it works on google but not when I pasted the link. Just search for 'Daniel James Holdom Blue Bay' and it should come up.

Maybe using her card (and possibly her car too) was intended to lead the trail back to the Alice so that people would assume she went back there.

Well that would make sense. One more dead woman in Milat's killing fields, without the remains of a little girl. So nobody would suspect it's Karlie. And bankrecords leading back to Adelaide and Alice Springs. As well as a Center link interview in Adelaide. Like she took a trip to Canberra and after that continued her 'old life'.
Hospital visits were also in Adelaide?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...586153756?sv=dd52d8d342ee31a07b631b72c2c681dc

It is understood police will allege Holdom’s phone was traced to Belanglo State Forest on December 14 and 15, 2008, narrowing the time frame of the murder.

Police believe Holdom murdered the young mum during that window in the notorious bush land.

Both Karlie and Khandalyce met violent deaths but sustained different types of injuries, sources said.

Police today also confirmed for the first time that ‘Belanglo Angel’ Karlie, 20, was killed before her daughter Khandalyce.

In a short press conference in Sydney this morning, police said Karlie was murdered between December 14 and 15, 2008, and that tragically her daughter was kept alive for some time after her murder.

By calling the accused an "associate" of Karlie's, at least the police have allayed the fears of some serial killer stalking the roads.

Do we assume that he was someone she knew before leaving the Alice?

I know one MSM report has called him a "family associate" but I'd take that as poetic licence.

I wonder if she went to Adelaide particularly to meet up with him?

I suspect she must have left Khandles with someone in Adelaide before travelling to Canberra.

have been tracking this case on here and finally got my account validated which seemed to take an eternity.

I am still puzzled by these ATM transactions prior to her death, these long trips back and forth in quick succession have screamed drug drop offs to me. you don't drive up and back to from Adelaide to Alice Springs just to take in the sights, maybe Karlie got involved in the wrong crowd.

It looks like she was in Canberra for quite some time although we don't really know that, she might have just stopped using her ATM card for this period, given how long she has stayed in other areas the month prior she could easily have been travelling elsewhere. IMO though she has stayed here and tried to have a break from all this driving she has been doing, she caught up with an old friend and things eventually turned bad on Dec 14th/15th. Who knows she may have given her pin code over on her own (hopefully she didn't get tortured) its been used not by her in Canberra before whoever has done this has returned back to SA and then whoever has done this has done a similar trip to Karlie had done a month or so earlier.
In Nov Karlie drove from Port Augusta to Adelaide to Alice Springs to Adelaide, having a day or so in each, the person using her ATM card, drove from Adelaide to Alice Springs and pretty much came straight back to Adelaide to make that last transaction. This is either a coincidence or they were doing a similar route for someone. I do not buy the trucker theory.

I've always wondered why she would go to Canberra, now that they have said it was a family associate it makes sense, I feel the person arrested knew people in Adelaide who Karlie came in contact with in the early Nov period.

I apologize if I have talked about things not allowed, first post and I had all these thoughts I wanted to share

:wagon: BoomBoom26!

Yep, totally agree, this whole thing screams drugs, media describing him as an 'associate' confirms it to me. Yes, I agree they followed the same route. Maybe that was part of the motivation for her murder, who knows .. it could have simply been something that escalated out of control, or it could have been carefully planned, I guess we'll find out.

Dressed in prison greens, and sporting a black moustache, Holdom did not apply for bail and bail was formally refused.

He had formerly lived at a caravan park on the Central Coast, according to his charge sheet.

After speaking to homicide detectives outside court, three women and one man who were in court supporting Holdom declined to comment.

“Please respect the family’s privacy,” one woman said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...586153756?sv=dd52d8d342ee31a07b631b72c2c681dc

ETA - removed post as it was already posted.

Very interesting!

"three women and one man who were in court supporting Holdom"

Wonder who they are?

"Holdom’s phone was traced to Belanglo State Forest on December 14 and 15, 2008"

Well that was dumb of him, but it may not mean he was alone.

"
he is not co-operating with police and has refused to be interviewed"

Is he scared of someone?

Just a handy tip people, when engaging in nefarious activity, remember to always leave your mobile phone at home or take a burner. That is all ;)

If he is not cooperating with police this is going to be a long and drawn out case.
I am so curious about why he was in gaol already and why the police interviewed him last weekend - what lead them to do that?
They must have been given his name by someone.

By calling the accused an "associate" of Karlie's, at least the police have allayed the fears of some serial killer stalking the roads.

Do we assume that he was someone she knew before leaving the Alice?

I know one MSM report has called him a "family associate" but I'd take that as poetic licence.

I wonder if she went to Adelaide particularly to meet up with him?

I suspect she must have left Khandles with someone in Adelaide before travelling to Canberra.

I think it is likely he was a family associate and that is how he met her, probably in Alice Springs. He may well be in the off road racing scene. I think he has links with Alice Springs, as well as Adelaide, NSW Central Coast and ACT

EDIT: I also think it is quite likely that one or more members of Karlie's family gave his name to Police as being someone Karlie had been with around the time they last saw her.

If he is not cooperating with police this is going to be a long and drawn out case.
I am so curious about why he was in gaol already and why the police interviewed him last weekend - what lead them to do that?

I think he was the person seen with her in Canberra, so once she was ID'd he was the last one to see her alive, then when police traced his mobile to Belanglo he was finished.

I am sure I read they got his name from the man who he sold Karlie's car to? I will see if I can find it.

eta - can't find it but I will post if I do.

Just a thought...

If Karlie went to Canberra with DJH leaving Kandles with someone in Adelaide for a few days, are we looking at 2 different murders by different people and for different motives?

I think it's more likely that Karlie was killed at a house party or similar in Canberra, then her body taken to Belanglo while Khandalyce was being looked after by other people back at the house, who may have had ties to Adelaide and ended up there later ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerardclori