AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more likely that Karlie was killed at a house party or similar in Canberra, then her body taken to Belanglo while Khandalyce was being looked after by other people back at the house, who may have had ties to Adelaide and ended up there later ....

It is quite likely Khandalyce was left with someone in Adelaide but if not there then Canberra. If it was in Adelaide then Karlie might have believed she was on her way back to Khandalyce for Christmas but DSH diverted to Belanglo on the way.

By calling the accused an "associate" of Karlie's, at least the police have allayed the fears of some serial killer stalking the roads.

Do we assume that he was someone she knew before leaving the Alice?

I know one MSM report has called him a "family associate" but I'd take that as poetic licence.

I wonder if she went to Adelaide particularly to meet up with him?

I suspect she must have left Khandles with someone in Adelaide before travelling to Canberra.

What makes you suspect that she left her daughter with someone? If she was moving on to Canberra, I can't think of a single reason why she would leave her daughter behind? Might be just me but I can't imagine a Mum travelling with her young daughter just leaving her back in another state.

I hate to think what Khandalyce must have gone through after her Mum's death, especially since they have mentioned at one point that a paedophile was being questioned.

There seemed to have been a lot of ID theft/murders going on in SA during that period. So weird.

Yet another caravan park!

And the Central Coast!

I wonder if he knows anyone around the Kendall area?

Dressed in prison greens, and sporting a black moustache, Holdom did not apply for bail and bail was formally refused.

He had formerly lived at a caravan park on the Central Coast, according to his charge sheet.

After speaking to homicide detectives outside court, three women and one man who were in court supporting Holdom declined to comment.

“Please respect the family’s privacy,” one woman said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...586153756?sv=dd52d8d342ee31a07b631b72c2c681dc

What makes you suspect that she left her daughter with someone? If she was moving on to Canberra, I can't think of a single reason why she would leave her daughter behind? Might be just me but I can't imagine a Mum travelling with her young daughter just leaving her back in another state.

I hate to think what Khandalyce must have gone through after her Mum's death, especially since they have mentioned at one point that a paedophile was being questioned.

There seemed to have been a lot of ID theft/murders going on in SA during that period. So weird.

I agree totally, I think the people in Canberra simply had ties to Adelaide and may have been from the Elizabeth area originally and ended up back there later on. It is unusual that similar type identity theft / murders also sprung out of the same depressed area. Makes you wonder if they all inspired each other in their depravity.

Hi Lass - Makes me think he was around the area when Leisl disappeard - not that far away

I didn't even think of that - not far at all. I saw his ABN was used a lot in the 2263 postcode in 2006/07, so he has been around this area for years.

I think it's more likely that Karlie was killed at a house party or similar in Canberra, then her body taken to Belanglo while Khandalyce was being looked after by other people back at the house, who may have had ties to Adelaide and ended up there later ....

Police will allege Mr Holden murdered Ms Pearce-Stevenson between the 14th and the 15th of December in 2008 at Belanglo, where her body was eventually found but remained unidentified.

BBM
Because police seem so sure that DJH is not involved in the murder of Kandles.
I feel the only way they would be so certain is if people had told them that when DJH and Karlie were together in Canberra there was no child with them.
Or, perhaps someone remembered Karlie saying she had to get back to Adelaide to her daughter.

I want to know who the woman in the wheelchair is!!!......evidently i was having look on gumtree for the area of blue bay NSW just now and someone is selling an electric wheelchair posted june this year. Im not saying it's linked, that too far fetched!... It just reminded me of karlies impersonator is all.

The hunt for the killers of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and her daughter Khandalyce has moved to the ACT, as police discover the pair were last seen in 2008 in Charnwood. It is the same area Ms Pearce-Stevenson's credit card was last used, in 2012.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act...n-canberra-20151027-gkjuhe.html#ixzz3putBFmd0

:yes:

It is understood Holdom knew Ms Pearce-Stevenson, who was last seen with her daughter in South Australia in November 2008, but he refused to divulge details of their relationship.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...586153756?sv=dd52d8d342ee31a07b631b72c2c681dc

He killed her right in the forest then? That's just bad .. like why would you go into the forest with him .. ugh! Makes it seem like an execution doesn't it? I see media is all over the show about where last sightings were ;)

He killed her right in the forest then? That's just bad .. like why would you go into the forest with him .. ugh! Makes it seem like an execution doesn't it? I see media is all over the show about where last sightings were ;)

Just thinking out loud, but he could have killed her near Belanglo (in a car or something) and just driven her body into the forest to dump. So she may not have willingly actually gone into the forest.

If Karlie was in control of the vehicle, why go to Mt Gambier and buy another bag at Strandbags?

Had Karlie had to make a hasty exit, without clothes or bags? Is this why we saw only minimal clothing in the Khandles bag?

Police believe Khandles was alive after Karlie.

attachment.php

have been tracking this case on here and finally got my account validated which seemed to take an eternity.

I am still puzzled by these ATM transactions prior to her death, these long trips back and forth in quick succession have screamed drug drop offs to me. you don't drive up and back to from Adelaide to Alice Springs just to take in the sights, maybe Karlie got involved in the wrong crowd.

It looks like she was in Canberra for quite some time although we don't really know that, she might have just stopped using her ATM card for this period, given how long she has stayed in other areas the month prior she could easily have been travelling elsewhere. IMO though she has stayed here and tried to have a break from all this driving she has been doing, she caught up with an old friend and things eventually turned bad on Dec 14th/15th. Who knows she may have given her pin code over on her own (hopefully she didn't get tortured) its been used not by her in Canberra before whoever has done this has returned back to SA and then whoever has done this has done a similar trip to Karlie had done a month or so earlier.
In Nov Karlie drove from Port Augusta to Adelaide to Alice Springs to Adelaide, having a day or so in each, the person using her ATM card, drove from Adelaide to Alice Springs and pretty much came straight back to Adelaide to make that last transaction. This is either a coincidence or they were doing a similar route for someone. I do not buy the trucker theory.

I've always wondered why she would go to Canberra, now that they have said it was a family associate it makes sense, I feel the person arrested knew people in Adelaide who Karlie came in contact with in the early Nov period.

I apologize if I have talked about things not allowed, first post and I had all these thoughts I wanted to share
Welcome BoomBoom. What a great monicker. Crabstick is my logistics guru, so I'll leave it to crabby to reply to your post.

Regarding posting, check out the comments and links on Page 1, post 1 in this thread by Makara (our moderator) and follow her Mod Alerts and you shouldn't go too far wrong.

Just thinking out loud, but he could have killed her near Belanglo (in a car or something) and just driven her body into the forest to dump. So she may not have willingly actually gone into the forest.

True!!

I kind of hope so. The idea of her being driven in and just killed in there is chilling.

The fact that he doesn't want to divulge the nature of their relationship is sus isn't it? What's that about, crime or sex I wonder?

I think the most likely explanation is that Karlie's mum left another message on Karlie's phone telling Karlie that she had made the report. I mean, that makes sense. If you were a parent in fear that something bad had happened to your adult child, but also aware that due to some conflict between you that she might just be refusing to take your calls, that's the natural thing to do (in my opinion). You would be hoping that she was okay and this would prompt her to contact you.

Wouldn't the police call the missing persons phone.
Hi this is police. Can you come into a station and confirm you are ok. We are following up a missing persons report.
What other means did they have other than flooding the news which they wouldn't do so early on without some indication something had happened to her

i think so too , considering that she was murdered quiet soon after leaving the alice . surel
I think it is likely he was a family associate and that is how he met her, probably in Alice Springs. He may well be in the off road racing scene. I think he has links with Alice Springs, as well as Adelaide, NSW Central Coast and ACT

EDIT: I also think it is quite likely that one or more members of Karlie's family gave his name to Police as being someone Karlie had been with around the time they last saw her.

It sounded like police took Mrs Poveys word. Considering Mrs Povey placed the missing persons report

Wouldn't the police call the missing persons phone.
Hi this is police. Can you come into a station and confirm you are ok. We are following up a missing persons report.
What other means did they have other than flooding the news which they wouldn't do so early on without some indication something had happened to her

IMO , he had a girlfriend and family and that Karlie was getting in the way since leaving Alice ?

The only reason you would have to hand the plates back is if the car was still registered and you want to get part of the registration money back if the car was being scrapped.

If the car was given to a wreckers to be scrapped i think they might be obliged by law to record car details and give that information in.

As per my previous post - not in New South Wales. You are obliged to return the plates as they remain the property of Roads & Maritime Services. If the vehicle is no longer registered, for whatever reason, you are obliged to return the plates, which in New South Wales, I think you have to do within 3 months of expiration of registration.

"Important: It is an offence to keep number plates if you cancel your vehicle’s registration."

It looks like other States are much the same:

https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/transp...-registration/cancelling-vehicle-registration

In regards to needing to supply paperwork for proof of ownership when scrapping a car - as I previously said, we have never had to do this. Whether this is a legal requirement, I don't know. We use two different scrappers in Sydney (depending on who pays more per tonne at the time) and neither of them have ever asked for any documentation. However, I would think the industry by and large would be notorious for not necessarily obeying the law, so I certainly wouldn't rule it out (that you are supposed to provide paperwork).

In our experience, providing you remove the plates, return them to the Roads & Maritime Services and inform them that you are scrapping the vehicle, by means of a Disposal Notice, it's all good.

I tried to find something on the net, and found an article, which admittedly, is about 3 years old now, so I don't know how relevant it is now, if the laws have changed.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/th...s-for-scrap-cash/story-e6freuy9-1226538672431

Taken from the above article: "He (the police officer in the article) said the yards had not broken any laws in accepting the vehicle." ... "We found many times the thieves filled out the paperwork stating they owned the vehicle. There is no onus for them to prove ownership," he said. "So the yards have done nothing illegal."

In the article above, it's indicating that any paperwork that is filled out stating that whoever is scrapping the car don't have to prove ownership.

I think if a third party business was involved (ie you pay someone to take it to a scrappies for you) you may have to give them proof of ownership to cover their arses, but other than that, I don't think it would be necessary (going from the article above, anyway).

Wrecking a car, however, is a totally different ball game. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members