AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the bet he was keeping people in Alice updated with 'signs of life' anecdotes about Karlie for awhile after her death.

So if you have it scrapped but don't hand the plates back, it remains registered on the last known owner?
And do you have to show any ID when you hand the plates back?

And what if the car was sold after karlie was murdered? How would that be done. Could it be sold by any person? Or would someone need to pretend to be Karlie and show her ID.

Apologies if this has already been answered - I'm behind today, had to do a heap of other stuff.

The vehicle only remains registered until the next registration for the vehicle is due. That involves having to take the vehicle to a licensed repairer to check the vehicle is roadworthy. Then you have to pay insurance, and then pay for registration and the registration fees at the registration office, then registration for that particular vehicle will be current for another year.

If you scrap the vehicle before registration has run out, you still need to follow the same procedure as if the vehicle is not registered - you have to fill out a Disposal Notice and hand the plates into the registering authority.

Yes, you do provide ID when you return the plates, which shows that the vehicle you are disposing of, is/was registered in your name.

To transfer the registration into someone else's name, you have to fill out a form, which you sign authorising the vehicle has been sold to someone else. Given the perpetrators managed to carry out the number of frauds they did, this would be very easy to do - all they would need would be Karlie's details, and fake her signature.

Im guessing, all of the above quite frankly

Was Karlie still using the card when someone's revenue was being deposited?

That could mean Karlie was the property of someone. Non-compliance may have resulted in the current outcome.

True!!

I kind of hope so. The idea of her being driven in and just killed in there is chilling.

The fact that he doesn't want to divulge the nature of their relationship is sus isn't it? What's that about, crime or sex I wonder?

I thnk you are probably all right, some more than others.

The thing is, the car was sold to someone. The car has then since disappeared.
What happens when you do none of the above. The car is gone, the rego out, but plates not handed in?

Do they send out Montys on horseback, or wait till something goes down before chasing it, leaving a non-registered, non handed in plates existence. Police must have known straight away where the car was, because it was bought, although as a wreck from South Australia, that could muddie the waters, as again, like Karlie, the problem has ended up in another state in the hands another database.

There is a lot of assets that have gone interstate in this crime. Its like a transcontinental cluster

Apologies if this has already been answered - I'm behind today, had to do a heap of other stuff.

The vehicle only remains registered until the next registration for the vehicle is due. That involves having to take the vehicle to a licensed repairer to check the vehicle is roadworthy. Then you have to pay insurance, and then pay for registration and the registration fees at the registration office, then registration for that particular vehicle will be current for another year.

If you scrap the vehicle before registration has run out, you still need to follow the same procedure as if the vehicle is not registered - you have to fill out a Disposal Notice and hand the plates into the registering authority.

Yes, you do provide ID when you return the plates, which shows that the vehicle you are disposing of, is/was registered in your name.

To transfer the registration into someone else's name, you have to fill out a form, which you sign authorising the vehicle has been sold to someone else. Given the perpetrators managed to carry out the number of frauds they did, this would be very easy to do - all they would need would be Karlie's details, and fake her signature.

He killed her right in the forest then? That's just bad .. like why would you go into the forest with him .. ugh! Makes it seem like an execution doesn't it? I see media is all over the show about where last sightings were ;)

The news reports that are coming out now are conflicting with the ones that come out back in 2010 when Angel (karlie) was first discovered in Belanglo

At first the discovery of the woman's body was linked the Ivan Milat backpacker killings of 1992 and 1993, but was later discounted after forensic investigations revealed the body had been dumped there at a later date.

http://www.news.com.au/national/mar...t-murder-mystery/story-fndo4e3y-1226513678164

If Karlie was in control of the vehicle, why go to Mt Gambier and buy another bag at Strandbags?

Had Karlie had to make a hasty exit, without clothes or bags? Is this why we saw only minimal clothing in the Khandles bag?

Police believe Khandles was alive after Karlie.

attachment.php

We don't know what she bought at Strandbags. Might have been the suitcase or perhaps a purse or a scarf (they sell them).
However, I do agree that her exit from Alice Springs seemed hurried; like she left after a big argument. So maybe she just chucked stuff into her car and drove off, then needed to buy a bag later.
Perhaps she left Kandles in Mt Gambier and needed a bag for her stuff to go with her.
It's kinda weird that she was in Mt Gambier, isn't it?
I mean, it's not on the way to Canberra, but far out of the way.
So why was she there? Someone there she trusted to mind Kandles for a few day?

If he killed her in there it was premeditated, they didn't go in for a picnic.

This was no heat of the moment thing.

Did Karlies friends not know Karlies movements? Are they too scared to report to police with information, fearing similar fate to Karlie?

3/11/2008 Purchase at KFC (Port Augusta)

6/11/2008 Purchase McDonalds (Rundle Mall, Adelaide)

9/11/2008 Eftpos Purchase Coles (Alice Springs)

14/11/2008 ATM withdrawal (Kent Town)

17/11/2008 Rabbit Photo/Strandbags (Mt Gambier)

24/11/2008 ATM withdrawal Kippax Fair (Canberra)

16/12/2008 Charnwood (Canberra)

19/12/2008 Deakin (Canberra)

22/12/2008 BP OTR (Broadview)

6/01/2009 Coober Pedy (Coober Pedy)

7/01/2009 EFTPOS Purchase Mobil (Alice Springs )

10/01/2009 ATM withdrawal BP (Broadview)

You know what's odd. If Karlie was killed between December 14-15-2008. The killer and/or the identitity fraud people must have been really sure of the code of her bank card. The card was used 24/11 probably when she'd just arrived, and made an ATM withdrawel (was someone observing her doing so). Then there was no activity for 22 days. And one or 2 days after her death, it was used again.

So was someone who knew her really well with her, who knew her code?

True!!

I kind of hope so. The idea of her being driven in and just killed in there is chilling.

The fact that he doesn't want to divulge the nature of their relationship is sus isn't it? What's that about, crime or sex I wonder?

The police said he was "uncooperative" so maybe he is just refusing to answer any question including that one.

Police say about 14-15th December, Mt Gambier? Did something go wrong in Mt Gambier?

Actually it looks like they were in Canberra for a few days

Is there more bodies.....
----------------------------------------------------------
BANK ACCOUNT LOCATIONS

attachment.php

Karlie died 14 - 15 th December and her card was used the 16th in Charnwood .... the day after. evil ******

Is that one business that sells bags etc and also prints photos, or is it 2 transactions at 2 different stores?

I haven't seen these 2 chain-stores combined in one premises but maybe it happens. Anyone know?

Some people keep their PIN written on something in their purse or wallet. Not a good idea but people do it.

You know what's odd. If Karlie was killed between December 14-15-2008. The killer and/or the identitity fraud people must have been really sure of the code of her bank card. The card was used 24/11 probably when she'd just arrived, and made an ATM withdrawel (was someone observing her doing so). Then there was no activity for 22 days. And one or 2 days after her death, it was used again.

So was someone who knew her really well with her, who knew her code?

Hi Lass - Makes me think he was around the area when Leisl disappeard - not that far away

Yes..... Not too far at all.

Could be similar behaviour of making false texts after the fact.... if she has/had been murdered ..... But No action on her Bank accounts following her disappearance.

A few different properties searched in her case ..... one man interviewed - was later shot in the stomach ...... Could that indicate organised crime - retribution ???

Curious though...

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/man-questioned-over-leisl-smith-disappearance-found-shot-20130821-2sbde.html

Some people keep their PIN written on something in their purse or wallet. Not a good idea but people do it.

But wouldn't you want to make sure if you want to use it for identity fraud en to cash the Center Link payments?

But wouldn't you want to make sure if you want to use it for identity fraud en to cash the Center Link payments?
He knew karlie . She may have used her card and pin in front of him ?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Is that one business that sells bags etc and also prints photos, or is it 2 transactions at 2 different stores?

I haven't seen these 2 chain-stores combined in one premises but maybe it happens. Anyone know?

The credit card was used in Deakin and at a Kippax ATM, and the last transaction was made in March 2012 in Charnwood. The account was closed earlier this year due to inactivity.

It was also used at KFC at Port Augusta, McDonald's at Rundle Mall in Adelaide, Coles at Alice Springs, Rabbit Photo and Strandbags at Mt Gambier, BP OTR at Broadview and an ATM at Kent Town.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act...n-canberra-20151027-gkjuhe.html#ixzz3pvAPijIQ
Follow us: @canberratimes on Twitter | CanberraTimes on Facebook

If in an intimate relationship with him (i.e., in love) she would have trusted him and quite possibly could have happily gone into Belanglo with him

Other possibilities:

He might have told her he was going to Belanglo to collect a drug drop-off or stash

She may have been unconscious/drugged

She may have been bound and gagged

She may already have been killed shortly before

As to his refusing to co-operate with the investigation

Anyone who'd done time behind bars before (or even if they'd known people who'd done time) he'd be careful about what he revealed to police. Sounds as if he didn't work alone. There's been a lot of publicity about this case. He may have been warned to keep his mouth shut and to say nothing which might implicate others, or he would be a marked man in prison and/or anyone he values on the outside would have an 'accident'

Also, as it's likely he's been involved in or on the fringes of the underworld, he would know the less information he provides police, the more difficult their job will be, so he's leaving it to police to prove their case. Naturally, investigators would prefer that he confess. If he doesn't, his defence will have a much easier time at trial, just as the prosecution will have their work cut out for them. 'Volunteer nothing' is often the criminals' motto

at least that's how it seems to me

So, let's hope investigators have several cards up their sleeve in the form of people who've supplied information in the hope of being dealt with leniently

I am not understanding?
Perhaps he was sure, may have seen her using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654