AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: ' Holdom appeared via audio visual link from Cessnock Correctional Centre, wearing prison greens, on Thursday morning.

His Legal Aid solicitor, Peter Cleaves, told magistrate John Chicken that his client did not wish to appear in court in any form - not even by video link.

But Mr Chicken refused the request.

"Given the nature of the charge I think it's appropriate that he appear by AVL," he said
End quote

http://www.smh.com.au/national/man-...f-karlie-pearcestevenson-20151028-gkl79o.html

The accused wanted to be invisible

Maybe he's scared people will come out of the woodwork if by chance they get sight of him?

Scared other crimes he may have committed will surface?

He's probably used other names, and realises once his face is out there, people who've known him under his aliases could come forward.

Mrs. G. Norris quote: ' Looks like they've given us one innocuous transaction from each point of the journeys. Enough to work out the basic travel routes, but not enough to show exact movements at each stage'.

Makes sense. Police want to elicit information, not provide it. They want to put the shakes into everyone who's been in any way party to this vile crime

Quote: ' Holdom appeared via audio visual link from Cessnock Correctional Centre, wearing prison greens, on Thursday morning.

His Legal Aid solicitor, Peter Cleaves, told magistrate John Chicken that his client did not wish to appear in court in any form - not even by video link.

But Mr Chicken refused the request.

"Given the nature of the charge I think it's appropriate that he appear by AVL," he said
End quote

http://www.smh.com.au/national/man-... Or just being uncooperative in all respects?

You know those photos from Marion Shopping Centre - when were they taken?
My memory is Dec 2008.
Were date stamps shown on any of them?

They'll need to show his face before that can happen.

Would love to know (or see) who his 3 supporters were in court today.

He's probably used other names, and realises once his face is out there, people who've known him under his aliases could come forward.

He's probably used other names, and realises once his face is out there people who've known him under his aliases could come forward.

The transactions in the year leading up to Dec 2008 will be interesting.
It was said earlier that Karlie had been in Darwin .... as well as other places.
Was she actually moving around prior to 2008 and where?
If so how often and for what lengths of time?

It seems as though she just picked up and left the Alice spontaneousley .... why?

The news reports that are coming out now are conflicting with the ones that come out back in 2010 when Angel (karlie) was first discovered in Belanglo

http://www.news.com.au/national/mar...t-murder-mystery/story-fndo4e3y-1226513678164

At first the discovery of the woman's body was presumed to be linked to the Ivan Milat backpacker killings of 1992 and 1993, but was later discounted after forensic investigations revealed the person (who we now know to be Karlie) was killed at a later date. So that was a reasonable assumption to make at the time, until the forensic anthropologist did their work.

Quote JaneSA: 'Or just being uncooperative in all respects?' end quote

Less he says now and the less his defence has to defend later

Plus, a lot (maybe the majority?) of soulless crims deny, deny, deny

after all, a lot of them are lifelong losers. And if denial worked for them as kids, they're likely to have utilized outright denial all the way through

a lot of them imagine they're untouchable. Many of them believe they're smarter than almost everyone else. If they're narcissists (and surely a lot of them are) they're highly averse to admitting they're wrong. In their eyes, they're the 'victim' and society and the police are the true bad-guys. After all, they're not working with a full deck, as revealed by the way they ride roughshod over as many as they can and are capable of killing others and dumping the bodies like a hamburger wrapper before going off to watch tv and stuff their stupid faces

So there's most likely considerable petulance going on at the moment in the attitude of the accused, along the lines of 'How dare they capture and accuse me and drag me away from my comfy rut !'

Stuff him

When investigators begin to get serious and reveal some of the evidence they have on him, he'll no doubt lose his big bottom lip and start thinking about cooperating for the purpose of getting a lesser sentence. And along the way, he'll probably rat out everyone he can think of before pleading to be put in isolation for his precious safety

A little O/T, but is it just me or has anyone else notice a recent unusually large amount of people being arrested (In Australia) over the murder of a missing person....? I'm seeing separate multiple arrest nearly on a daily basis.

Maybe I'm just more tuned into the news at the moment. :dunno:

Quote JaneSA: 'Or just being uncooperative in all respects?' end quote

Less he says now and the less his defence has to defend later

Plus, a lot (maybe the majority?) of soulless crims deny, deny, deny

after all, a lot of them are lifelong losers. And if denial worked for them as kids, they're likely to have utilized outright denial all the way through

a lot of them imagine they're untouchable. Many of them believe they're smarter than almost everyone else. If they're narcissists (and surely a lot of them are) they're highly averse to admitting they're wrong. In their eyes, they're the 'victim' and society and the police are the true bad-guys. After all, they're not working with a full deck, as revealed by the way they ride roughshod over as many as they can and are capable of killing others and dumping the bodies like a hamburger wrapper before going off to watch tv and stuff their stupid faces

So there's most likely considerable petulance going on at the moment in the attitude of the accused, along the lines of 'How dare they capture and accuse me and drag me away from my comfy rut !'

Stuff him

When investigators begin to get serious and reveal some of the evidence they have on him, he'll no doubt lose his big bottom lip and start thinking about cooperating for the purpose of getting a lesser sentence. And along the way, he'll probably rat out everyone he can think of before pleading to be put in isolation for his precious safety

Good post!

ETA: My thanks button has disappeared.

ETA again: Oh, there it is!

The transactions in the year leading up to Dec 2008 will be interesting.
It was said earlier that Karlie had been in Darwin .... as well as other places.
Was she actually moving around prior to 2008 and where?
If so how often and for what lengths of time?

It seems as though she just picked up and left the Alice spontaneousley .... why?
:thinking:

Ms Pearce-Stevenson took off from the family’s home in a 1996 Commodore station wagon in 2006 after a dispute with her mother Colleen Povey

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...586176583?sv=b565922be2923fcd50ee23e7251ca976

We know karlie had a mobile phone and if she had her phone turned on the whole time she was doing these driving trips, it would of been sending different information to mobile phone cell towers as she was driving through differnt towns and areas. If Karlie had someone in the car with her while she was doing these long trips who also had a mobile phone, they might not of been privvy to this and kept there mobile on as well. There for sending information to the cell towers at the same time. Just a thought

http://theconversation.com/what-the-police-can-get-from-mobile-phone-tower-data-28844

Mrs Povey sounds like a caring parent concerned not only for her daughter but also her grand-daughter

If drugs or association with drugs/users had already become an issue (between Mrs Povey and Karlie) and if Karlie believed there was money to be made (along with a better, more affluent lifestyle on the back of drugs) then these may have motivated her to depart the Alice

Spats between parent and children aren't unusual, but if the child has been raised in a close-knit family and community, they don't usually just take off with an infant in tow. There has to be motivation to take what would be such a giant step, otherwise a reconciliation with family usually occurs even if it's only to ask the grandmother to babysit (imo)

I think Karlie took off in the car from her family home in 2006, but stayed in Alice, staying with friends around the place most likely, she may have done these trips before leaving for good in 2008.

I just find the lack of activity for the 22 days on her bank account really odd. Previous to this she had accessed the account every couple of days that we know of. What was she doing for money during that time? 22 days is a while when parenting payments are fortnightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo