AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as nothing has been said. Im hoping the care is alive. Fines for not handing in number plates?

So if you have it scrapped but don't hand the plates back, it remains registered on the last known owner?
And do you have to show any ID when you hand the plates back?

And what if the car was sold after karlie was murdered? How would that be done. Could it be sold by any person? Or would someone need to pretend to be Karlie and show her ID.

You can sell any car as a wreck with no plates, and no ID. Here in SA we can call a towie who will give you cash on the spot and take it straight to the recyclers, where it will be compacted and bricked on the spot, or you can take it there yourself, get more money for it, and the big magnet or claws comes and plucks it from you.

You can also sell it and transfer registration to a wreckers. Just like any sale.

As per my previous post - not in New South Wales. You are obliged to return the plates as they remain the property of Roads & Maritime Services. If the vehicle is no longer registered, for whatever reason, you are obliged to return the plates, which in New South Wales, I think you have to do within 3 months of expiration of registration.

That's what the rules say, but they don't chase after you if you don't, apart from a letter in the mail.

For the benefit of our overseas visitors to the thread, the government thought it would be a cracking idea if all number plates were handed in if they were not being used. This was a reaction to a large number of crimes being committed in cars with stolen plates. About the same time, they also brought out special screws that made it very hard to get number plates off cars. Unfortunately, only a small number of existing car owners took them up on that, so it really hasn't done too much at all. Nobody bothers chasing you up when yo don't hand your plates in, and the crims can simply go and swipe some off a car that has normal screws to get off.

The people it affects the most are the law abiding ones, who do the right thing, and have to do a lot more of it, and pay more for the privilege.

The problem with knee jerk legislation, (AKA lazy legislation) which we have a lot of in Australia, is they don't stop and think about the finer details, like who will police it, or how.

Sorry, off soapbox now, but thought it best to clarify the number plate system, and show how easy it is to simply bypass it.

A little O/T, but is it just me or has anyone else notice a recent unusually large amount of people being arrested (In Australia) over the murder of a missing person....? I'm seeing separate multiple arrest nearly on a daily basis.

Maybe I'm just more tuned into the news at the moment. :dunno:

It's not just you inkpink. I was only thinking this morning that the number of murders seems to have risen a lot. Many of them are DV situations, which is on the rise at an alarming rate, but also I think some can be attributed to the number of mentally ill people in the community who would have once been under supervision somewhere.

Marla - on the way to Alice Springs again.........

OK.

Here's what I'm thinking.

Did he replace his GF with Karlie for his 'road trips' while his GF was incapacitated undergoing rehab etc after the accident, then the GF got the jellies, and Karlie was in the way and had to go?

Test of loyalty?

So, there was a car accident 3 months prior to Karlie's death, which left his girlfriend paralyzed & wheelchair-chair bound, and the passengers were airlifted to Alice Springs hospital. I guess that explains the wheelchair lady and the visit back to Alice Springs on the card in January.

He probably needed to procure a new car to get around in too after crashing his.

Also, in the video they say he was a paedophile??? Did I hear that bit right?

You would think after being involved in such an horrific accident a person would pull their head in, this guy just ramps the whole thing up a notch to the next level!

Oh wow! I feel so bad saying it maybe a "borrowed" chair :(

Don't feel too bad, she went into the bank and Centerlink impersonating Karlie to keep getting her money, even though she knew her boyfriend had killed her and her baby .. So stuff her!!

How many more deaths is this evil person involved with? The car accident may not have been his fault though.

How could a woman who lost her own children be involved in something like this - she must of known something IMO. :notgood:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie