AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about this contact between mother and 'daughter'. Actual conversations could have been very terse, short and angry, and rare, if they were estranged. So impersonation more a matter of brief conversation, a few short words "yeah, we're fine, okay? Broke but fine. Khandles needs..." Then mostly texts between them, and I hate to say it, photos of Khandalyce in pretty clothes to make her grandmother believe all was well...

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...l-service-area/task-force-mallee#.VjAMZLcvdki

The following are media releases, photographs and press conferences relating to the discovery of a child's skeletal remains near the Karoonda Highway about 2kms west of Wynarka in the Murray Mallee region. The remains were located by a member of the public on 14 July 2015, with police advised early 15 July.

The child has been identified as Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, born in Alice Springs in 2006.

Anyone with information about the matter is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online at https://sa.crimestoppers.com.au/

These items are in chronological order - with the oldest items at the bottom of the page.

27 October 2015

JOINT STATEMENT FROM SA AND NSW POLICE

Detective Superintendent Des Bray, Head of SA Police Major Crime Investigation Branch and Task Force Mallee

Detective Superintendent Mick Willing, NSW Police, SCC Homicide Squad Commander and head of Strike Force Malaya

"Police can reveal the bank account of murdered woman Karlie Pearce-Stevenson has been accessed hundreds of occasions since she was last seen in late 2008.

Detectives from SA Police's Task Force Mallee and the NSW Police's Strike Force Malaya, set up to investigate the murders of Khandalyce Pearce and her mother Karlie, have so far tracked transactions across South Australia, New South Wales, Northern Territory and the ACT.

Almost $100,000 was spent or withdrawn from the account since November 2008 until March 2012. The account was closed earlier this year due to inactivity.

Money was deposited through Centrelink payments, previous wages and other unknown sources.

Also, disturbingly, it appears that in June 2010 a woman in a wheelchair impersonating Ms Pearce-Stevenson attended Australian Central Credit Union at Elizabeth to update banking records.

In December 2010 a woman claiming to be Ms Pearce-Stevenson also attended a compulsory interview with Centrelink at Salisbury.

Detectives are investigating if it was the same woman on both occasions.

However, police know that a man and at least two women have been responsible for the financial transactions and have lived at, or been associated with, homes in Davoren Park, Hillbank, Holden Hill and Charnwood, Canberra.

In addition to the unlawful bank account access, Ms Pearce-Stevenson's phone has also been used on a number of occasions since her disappearance.

Police believe those responsible for her murder retained the phone in order to dupe Ms Pearce-Stevenson's family members into believing she was still alive.

It's known that the phone's message bank was accessed by the offender/s and text messages sent to the murdered woman's mother, inducing her to send money to the bank account.

A woman impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson also had brief conversations with family members.

The exactly location and timing of the murders remains unclear.

We do know that a large number of the bank transactions occurred in the north and north-eastern suburbs of Adelaide, as well as in Canberra.

Police believe that at least one of those involved in the phone and bank scam was also responsible for the murders.

We will not hesitate to take action against anyone who has assisted those responsible for these horrific murders or who impede this investigation.

However, if you, or someone you know, has done the wrong thing, it is not too late to come forward and do the right thing now."

Jumping off that thought - what if there was no job and the people who did this crime actually just moved money from their own account ( or another fraudulent account ) into Karlies to appear as 'wages' ?
Yes, That's what I was thinking too....someone, and SAPOL have possibly connected that someone...unless it is another stolen identity account. With so many people seemingly involved, something had to give one day...
I'm getting the hang of this posting now wewillgetyou :)

Is the connection with KP Exploration Drilling fact, or are we speculating? I'm not sure if I've missed something. :waitasec:

Yes, it is fact. Go to Google and search 'ABN lookup' under Karlie Jade Stevenson. Make sure you click "ALL ABNs" tab as the ABN is now cancelled, otherwise you will only get active ABNs. Postcode on the ABN is 5116. Attaching a link for you.

http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=94740016021

But the article said the money was from wages, which is presumably verifiable money. That sortof implies that it was either direct deposit or in the form of checks. If they were cash deposits, how would LE know it was "wages?"

Maybe they just did it to keep up the ruse that she was alive. "See, I'm fine? I'm working, have a job, check my bank account activity if you don't believe me...." ????

Yeah, I'm curious to know what kind of job the person whose wages were paid into her account was doing, given that these people seem to have been travelling half way around Australia. Perhaps it was wages from different jobs? Or perhaps the person who earned the wages was not the same as the person or people making transactions and withdrawals?

I also had a thought - perhaps a bit convoluted - that the wage money was not earned wages, but funds from someone working within the payroll or other department of a company, who was fraudulently transferring 'wages' to the person involved? There's a whole racket at work here, seemingly, and it doesn't seem as though we can take anything at face value.

I obtained an ABN (sole trader) in about 2008 and opened a bank account. The bank account was in my business name.

However my name was definitely linked to the account and I had to use my own ID.

The point I was making is that the bank account is not required to be in a business name and is a choice in a sole trader situation. You are always you, but trading as ....

Excuse me if I jump all over the place, just trying to put down a few different thoughts/questions that I have.
I know some of us are now assuming the people involved are stupid (because of the high possibility of being traced through their scamming/money trail). However, I do not believe they are stupid. Not necessarily smart in a "book smarts" way ... but street smart. I mean they have got away with these crimes for 7 years, and possibly would have got away with them forever if it hadn't been for the discovery of Khandles body (and we still aren't sure why she was dumped where she was).

1) There must be at least one youngish woman involved. If somebody is attending a bank and centrelink pretending to be Karlie, then they can NOT be a forty year old, because both bank and centrelink would know Karlie's date of birth, so the impersonator has to be realistic.
2) How ballsy would you have to be to attend either of those places and pretend to be somebody else? You would have to be able to lie through your teeth, think on your feet, put on a damn good act/poker face, and have nerves of steel.
3) Was the fake Karlie on her own at these two places? Or did one of the others in the group attend with her? Being young, and hopefully less experienced at criminal activity, did one of the more experienced members have to attend to actually do some of the speaking for her, or prompt her with things to say? Could the wheelchair have been a part of this (whether the wheelchair was legitimately required, or just part of a ploy)? Could they have said (perhaps) that "Karlie" had been in a car accident (in the hopes of maybe not having to personally attend the appointment) or as an excuse to make the appointment a short one, and allow the other member of the group to do some of the talking? I.E. She's in a lot of pain, on pain meds, so not really on top of things ... which is why the other person might throw in some of the answers at the interview ("Karlie" not really thinking straight/tired/can't talk too much in her condition).
4) Obviously these people had enough info about Karlie to be able to believably impersonate her. They would have needed personal details - her birth date, Khandles birth date, and so many more details. Plus they would have to know enough about her family situation to play that side too.
5) Is it possible that Khandles was held somewhere separately to Karlie as a means of getting the info out of Karlie. As in, we want your PIN number, etc, or we will hurt your daughter?
6) Was it possible that Khandles was buried at the residence of somebody in the group? Small body, easier to bury. Whereas Karlie was dumped in Belanglo because it was convenient to where she was killed, plus would hopefully be blamed on Milat?
7) If Khandles had been buried at a property that was rented (either privately or housing commission) and then the house was either sold, or they had to move because housing commission had decided their circumstances meant they no longer required that specific accommodation (youngest child had grown up and moved out)? They realised they would have to move body because if new tenants found it, it would be traced back to them. They hoped that enough time had passed that any evidence on the body would be gone. Nobody had identified Karlie's body (after it was found), so if they dump Khandles body somewhere completely different, hopefully the connection would never be made.

Or if it was after the Centrelink payments stopped in 2011, maybe they then moved on to using the account for wages fraud, I'm thinking of that ABN which may or may not have been set up in Karlie's name ... that was 2011 ... sounded like it might have been a mining related type of business. I have heard of "ghost employees" in mining and other industries, fictitious employees created to scam money. I'm sure it requires involvement of an actual employee/employer though, to put them in the payroll system and enter false timesheets or invoices. Should this be the case then I reckon they'll be easily traced.

Or maybe the "person/s" (monster/s) using the account did earn wages but used Karlie's identity due to not having the necessary visa.
Just some ideas and all IMO only, no links.

My thoughts exactly (sorry, just cant keep up with the speed of new posts going up here)...

BTW With regard to mining, are we referring to the famous Opal mines in Coober Pedy and other places? (I have some lovely opals from there and really cherish them - best in the world!)

I wonder if someone was actually earning wages in Karlie's name. Wouldn't be hard considering how effectively they took over her identity for several years.

Also, I believe the police KNOW exactly who is responsible. They are doing the press releases to put the pressure on, hoping one or more will crack and confess, and dob in the others for a deal. Hoping somebody will say "I was involved in the money side, but X was the one who killed them".
The police would be watching these people 24/7, so they can't do a runner.
These people WILL be arrested, and soon. MOO of course

Also, I believe the police KNOW exactly who is responsible. They are doing the press releases to put the pressure on, hoping one or more will crack and confess, and dob in the others for a deal. Hoping somebody will say "I was involved in the money side, but X was the one who killed them".
The police would be watching these people 24/7, so they can't do a runner.
These people WILL be arrested, and soon. MOO of course

It is my guess that they will all start turning on each other and blaming everyone but themselves individually. However this has been an 'enterprise' and many have conspired together criminally to the point of two separate murders, and as aforesaid, although street smart, I doubt there is much real intelligence involved. So the police will likely get every single one of them. Can't wait, but I think we will find that there is a lot more grief to come.

The fact that the police have said that "wages" were deposited into her bank account suggests to me that they were wages from a legitimate source. "From a person" is more baffling though. I would have expected "from an organisation" or "from a company" or "from a business". So what "person" would deposit wages into someone's bank account - as opposed to paying them cash?

Detective Bray's words were "A large amount of money also went into Karlie's account. That was from wages of a person, fraud and other unknown sources.".

BBM.

So, obviously, a woman was walking around as Karlie Pearce-Stevens. But registering a business as KP Exploration Drilling would explain the very transient transactions in this region if the ATO did an audit. It would not look at out of place for someone to be deriving revenue from various locations.

Someone has either put in considerable thought into this, acquired some trade-craft in prison, or they were in the drilling or around the drilling industry for some time and the obvious choice was past employment?

Because it was a 'sole trader' business name, the ATO would have to presume that this person be a drillers off-sider or something. The reason being is that they have no capital or plant and equipment. The fact the person was a female is odd. If it were real drilling company, then they would be pty ltd registered for GST.

Was someone selling amphetamine to mine workers? Karlies alias that is; a drug that passes out the system in 24 hours. In some cases, especially on drill rigs there may not be any drug testing what so ever, and if money came from other drilling entities, revenue would not look so suspicious? Were drill riggers drinking Murdoch Dilmahs?

Although, Karlies hands in the picture did appear she had been doing something along the lines of drilling as Karlies hands looked hardened. Although that may have been the result of some image editing 'sharpen and contrast'

This would explains some the exorbitant travel along the route. Similar to Bradley Murdoch

200px-Bjmurdochmugshot.jpg

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_John_Murdoch

When you work as a sole trader, which was the entity that this ABN was linked to, firstly there is a persons name, then the business name, which is a business name only. You can be Joe Bloggs, trading as Joe Bloggs, or you can be Karlie Pearce-Stevenson trading as KP Exploration Drilling. The bank account would be in name of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson, as only Companies or Partnership Companies are required to be in the name of the business. A sole trader is always themself. If Tax returns are filed they are in the name of the person, with a supplementary section for business income. All the income is added together to form the income of that person (not the business), and tax is then assessed on the total. You are always that person, regardless of a business name, and you are assessed on a personal tax rate. Companies, partnership companies and some other entities are very different - requiring a bank account in the name of the entity, and tax is assessed at company tax rate.

Possible, but I think the wheelchair may be a genuine requirement for that person, due to medical attendences. May be no more than a broken leg, foot, hip. I don't think these people have the intelligence to fake the wheelchair scenario. My thoughts again.

How do we know that the person was in a wheelchair? There can't be a CCTV record from that far back. It must have been documented by a clerk.

If the person was in a wheelchair simply because of a broken foot and nothing more serious, then why document it? Perhaps it was some part of the scam; part of the identity for Karlie that this person wanted to construct?

It seems to me that if you're involved in major fraud, the last thing you would want to do would be to draw unnecessary attention to yourself. And a twenty-year old in a wheel chair is a very unusual sight. So perhaps it was part of an elaborate plan?

Apologies if I am repeating earlier ideas - trying so hard to read and keep up!

I hate thinking this out aloud..... But to me it makes no sense to have the child alive without her mother.. kids are hard work and they talk..

I'm not thinking Karlie could do that to her own daughter, just that the little one may have been murdered first.

It is my guess that they will all start turning on each other and blaming everyone but themselves individually. However this has been an 'enterprise' and many have conspired together criminally to the point of two separate murders, and as aforesaid, although street smart, I doubt there is much real intelligence involved. So the police will likely get every single one of them. Can't wait, but I think we will find that there is a lot more grief to come.

Sadly I agree with every word.

The only good thing about this is that these idiots have left one h-ll of a paper trail.

A man was with the woman in the wheelchair so was she being scammed as well. Was he there making sure wheelchair woman did what she was supposed to do? Was she a pensioner in a vulnerable position doing what they told her....were they her carers?
:thinking:

According to Des Bray "On 24 June 2010 a female in a wheelchair accompanied by a male person attended the Australian Central Credit Union in Elizabeth to update banking records and engage in conversations with the bank. Those people were in possession of identity documents and were able to convince the bank that in fact the female that was present was Karlie.

BBM.

Someone might not use their real name for employment for a number of reasons. Mainly because if their real name turned up on the ATO alarms would go off.
That could be for a number of reasons. They havent paid tax, therefore risk automatic deduction from their account. They are traceable for tax fraud. They may have child maintenance bill that automatically withdraws money from accounts once they are found. Having several accounts means they are not liable for the full tax rate. To earn $100000 net earnings you have to earn $150000. Thats considerable earnings. At least 2 years for most of us.
If you had 4 fraudulent accounts thats a whopping amount for not working.

The other is that they are still not traceable through the government database matrix as the alias. They are off grid, not Karlie.

They are 'Ghosts'
I dare say there is a lot more ghosts around.

Does that mean, based on what others have said, someone dropped into STRANDBAGS - Photo RABBIT to have some passport photos taken Makara?
I would presume police are interviewing that 'bank employee' about the account discussion, and possibly some other accounts. Banks might develop a new framework for account identity.

According to Des Bray "On 24 June 2010 a female in a wheelchair accompanied by a male person attended the Australian Central Credit Union in Elizabeth to update banking records and engage in conversations with the bank. Those people were in possession of identity documents and were able to convince the bank that in fact the female that was present was Karlie.

BBM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member