AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible for someone to have murdered Karlie and Khandalyce then 'sold on' her active bank account with a 'guaranteed income for up to three years' .. is that why police say it's possible that the people involved in the fraud may not be the killers? OR would it be possible that these fraudsters just lucked upon Karlie's ID with the money going into the accessible account? I mean clearly the fraudsters must have known that Karlie and Khandalyce were both murdered, but is that how it would be possible for them not to be the actual killers?

This whole thing still has a whiff of connections to the drug trade to me.

I was wondering whether the reason for wages to be placed into Karlie's account by a person would be due to having to attend a job placement centre every fortnight for the payments to continue. If Karlie showed she was working, she would not have to attend these meetings every fortnight and I guess as long as the payments of wages are showing in her account, even a small amount would keep the payments from Centrelink rolling in. Just one option....

Agree. I haven't done the sleuthing that you may have but this feels like its gonna shock further.

The way the deaths have been described sound brutal. There's passion and meaning behind that.

For at least 3 people to be involved they need to be like minded and have ties strong enough that would be willing to cover a murder.

To me, that's spelling "family".

The money may not seem much to people on decent wages, but to someone living on the single no-kids rate of any government support payment, it would be the difference between having to watch every penny and never do anything ambitious... and having the sort of options people on a decent wage do. Not excusing them of course it is a dreadful crime, but often it seems like Australia has forgotten how much of a hard grind life is for people who for whatever reason can't find work and haven't been able to for long enough that work seems an impossibility. $30,000 per annum clean and clear without reduction of government payments means as much comparative change in lifestyle to a poor person as embezzling ten million does to a person on good wages. It is a game changing amount of money, and game changing amounts of money are much more tempting than amounts of money that are just enough to buy a few luxuries.
Oh gosh, yes, I know that when you're poor that kind of money can make a huge difference. It's just not the sort of money that I would dream could motivate someone to murder. I sort of hope that there was some other motivation and that the identity theft was secondary. Not that any motivation is at all acceptable. I just find the idea that the money was the motivation extra abhorrent.

They probably wouldn't try that if they knew the centrelink system well enough. Disability support pension is very difficult to get onto.

That would involve scamming Doctors etc....

A partner/associate of one of the others involved could have set up the ABN under KP Exploration Drilling, and worked under that ABN as a contractor (Sole trader), and then received payment via an invoice rendered to the principal (payer), who then deposited the payment for work into Karlie's bank account. Payer may only have been given the BSB and a/c number, not necessarily the name. If the name was required to be given, then the payee had to be female, as Karlie is not a male name. If ABN holder male, then could have said that payment was to go into 'wife's' or 'partner's' account. My thoughts only.

Is the connection with KP Exploration Drilling fact, or are we speculating? I'm not sure if I've missed something. :waitasec:

That would involve scamming Doctors etc....
Sadly i know people on the disability pension for things such as alcohol abuse . If you find the right doctors it could be done

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I've been wondering whether Khandalyce and the suitcase of belongings were in the car in Alice on a journey to return her to the family by one of the 'caregivers' supposedly on Karlies behalf (after her death) . Something went wrong with the plan ( car noticed by a local? Family home locked up or too many people around or a police car cruising?)and they aborted and drove back south. Getting closer to Adelaide they decided she was too much of a complication and knowing an available property of a associate somewhere in the Murray Mallee, she was taken there, killed and left...possibly in the car as described earlier.
Later, for whatever reason the remains were discovered by the associate or relative not wanting to be involved, and dumped by the highway. Just another possibility!

I like this scenario Jenz, it's the most logical reason I've been able to come up with too.
I was wondering whether the reason for wages to be placed into Karlie's account by a person would be due to having to attend a job placement centre every fortnight for the payments to continue. If Karlie showed she was working, she would not have to attend these meetings every fortnight and I guess as long as the payments of wages are showing in her account, even a small amount would keep the payments from Centrelink rolling in. Just one option....
I wish we were able to see more specifics about the transactions; how regular were the wage payments and for what period.... And amounts. The amounts would be so useful for the fuel transactions too.

Yesterday I posed whether Mrs Povey had actually spoken to Karlie the day she rang police to cancel Karlies missing persons report? The media report said Mrs Povey "Got through to Karlie"
Was Mrs Povey fooled into thinking Karlie was alive by a fake voice? Therefore cancelling Karlies missing persons report?

Are earliest 'proof of life' not true and Karlie was murdered before police speculation?

Fraudster fooled Karlie's Mum

The Australian
Meredith Booth & Dan Box
3 hours ago

Paraphrased (article behind paywall) at:

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/subsc...1d32840a78d06bcc-1445963054&memtype=anonymous

Additional information to that already published:

Article reports that 'a woman made a series of phone calls to Karlie's mother, impersonating Karlie, repeatedly asking for money to be deposited into Karlie's bank account, after Karlie was dead.'

So Karlie's Mum passed away in 2012 and Karlie's bank account ceased to be used around that time? They'd been using it to scam money from Karlie's Mum for about 3 years after Karlie was killed? These people must have no conscience whatsoever IMO.

Police say murder victim Karlie Pearce-Stevenson's bank account was used more than 1,200 times after she disappeared in 2008.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-27/timeline-karlie-pearce-stevenson-bank-account-activity/6890008

Bank account was used 1200 times .... would that be withdrawals, eftpos etc or would it also include deposits?

My own maths is as bad as Puggle's, but that must be pretty much every day that the account was used.

That's a lot of transactions - in and out nearly every day. Could have been an online scam? Wonder if there is a paypal account set up in her name too? The hardest thing to do when scamming people on places like ebay is to have a paypal and bank account set up that is untraceable to you. Hence why scammers look for dormant accounts to take over.

But surely a grandmother would ask to a least speak to her grand daughter whom she made the quilt for. Even if you are not on speaking terms with your daughter.

You know, I was thinking about the quilt and the mum. For some reason, I keep thinking that possibly it was the grandma (mum's mum) who made the quilt. Not that it matters too much.

It is quite extraordinary. I guarantee I would know my son's voice on the phone under any circumstances. So what does this mean? Her mother had had so little contact from her daughter that someone was easily able to impersonate her, or someone knew Karlie really, really well, to be able to impersonate her to the extent that she was able to fool her mother?

Not everybody can hear so great. I get my kids mixed up all the time on the phone, as years spent in live music venues when younger has guaranteed me crap hearing now. It's more nuances and how they say things, rather than what their voice sounds like, that determines who I am talking to. Doesn't help my 3 girls all sound the same anyway. So entirely plausible. Also, even if she had a bit of doubt, she could have probably done what the majority would do, and shrug it off for whatever reason. Unless she had doubts and got suss about other things, there would have been no reason for her to doubt it was her estranged daughter.

Is it possible that if photo id were required...to explain why you dont really look like your photo id...you could say you have been very ill? What better way to 'look very ill' than to be in a wheelchair?? Just a thought.

Could also have been a way to dodge any cameras in there. Although I think the woman was genuinely incapacitated in some way - either that or a master of disguise and scamming.

Where's the car? I am hoping there are sleuthers out there using google maps and any other tools at their disposal to search along the track for that red commodore. I would if my computer was up to the task, but it is a dinosaur.

I think if you find the commodore, you will find the first resting place of Khandalyce, and where the suitcase was stored.

This case is reminding me of the Snowtown case.

Just a thought... Karlie being on Centrelink payments was also eligible for rent assistance, which means she had to be living at a certain address. Could this be the reason why homes were searched?

Quote: "The searched homes are believed to be connected with an unconfirmed sighting of the mother and daughter in the ACT in December 2008.

Those homes were identified as places of interest for the investigation as a result of calls to Crime Stoppers." Unquote

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-23/police-search-homes-in-sa-canberra-mother-daughter/6879814

Khandalyce's body decomposed outside of suitcase, but not in sunlight. The bones were not dirty as if buried underground. The clothes were also kept. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-22/forensic-team-searches-wynarka-suitcase-for-dna/6874714

We talked some time back of the House of Horrors. There have been other instances of houses where garbage is not disposed of, just left to rot inside or out. If Khandalyce died in such a place, it would explain why she and her clothes were "kept", without bringing in sentimental reasons.

Eventually perhaps the house was vacated and it had to be decided what to take and what to leave. Her remains were loaded into the suitcase which still held her clothes. The suitcase was abandoned by the way on an interstate trip.

My speculations only.

Karlie's account was last used in 2011 and I suspect this was because the Centrelink payments stopped or they knew they were about to be stopped.

I think that is why the KP business name was set up so that someone could continue to use a bank account that wasn't in there name. Although Karlie's ID would of had to be used to open a bank account, the bank account name would be in the business name not a person's.

When you work as a sole trader, which was the entity that this ABN was linked to, firstly there is a persons name, then the business name, which is a business name only. You can be Joe Bloggs, trading as Joe Bloggs, or you can be Karlie Pearce-Stevenson trading as KP Exploration Drilling. The bank account would be in name of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson, as only Companies or Partnership Companies are required to be in the name of the business. A sole trader is always themself. If Tax returns are filed they are in the name of the person, with a supplementary section for business income. All the income is added together to form the income of that person (not the business), and tax is then assessed on the total. You are always that person, regardless of a business name, and you are assessed on a personal tax rate. Companies, partnership companies and some other entities are very different - requiring a bank account in the name of the entity, and tax is assessed at company tax rate.

I never expected this to be the reason Karlie was murdered. I am shocked!!

Jumping off that thought - what if there was no job and the people who did this crime actually just moved money from their own account ( or another fraudulent account ) into Karlies to appear as 'wages' ?

I obtained an ABN (sole trader) in about 2008 and opened a bank account. The bank account was in my business name.

However my name was definitely linked to the account and I had to use my own ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee