AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO karlie may of had a price put on her head . DH found out and decided to collect . May have pretended to help her "escape" then double crossed her

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I think more he saw an opportunity to make some money and get rid of someone he no longer needed around more so than someone putting a hit out on her, he possibly returned to Adelaide to pay off some of the debts, likewise Alice Springs.

the long driving and ARM usage is starting to make more sense

The man claims Ms Pearce-*Stevenson had been doing drug runs between Adelaide and Darwin before her murder.

She was heavily involved with Daniel Holdom, the man charged with her murder.

Ms Pearce-Stevenson lived with Holdom and had a relationship with him while his then-partner Ms Passmore was recovering from a car crash in September 2008

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...27599497241?sv=3ba4167f9336f61219635d561c8f09

Alice Springs locals described Ms Pearce-Stevenson as rebellious and with few friends. She was on her own often and was sent to live with her “Nanna” when she was just a teenager.
It was when Mrs Duffy opened her granddaughter’s mail and noticed her Centrelink payments had not been touched for a fortnight that she and friends first suspected something was wrong and began looking for Ms Pearce-Stevenson in late 2008.
Mrs Duffy had doted on baby Khandalyce and it is suggested she made the unique quilt found in the suitcase containing the toddler’s bones.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...vestigators-told/story-fnii5yv6-1227599497241

It was when Mrs Duffy opened her granddaughter’s mail and noticed her Centrelink payments had not been touched for a fortnight that she and friends first suspected something was wrong and began looking for Ms Pearce-Stevenson in late 2008.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Mrs Duffy had doted on baby Khandalyce and it is suggested she made the unique quilt found in the suitcase containing the toddler’s bones.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...vestigators-told/story-fnii5yv6-1227599497241

Centrelink letters wouldn't tell you whether payments had been accessed would they?

No lampshade1 they wouldn't. unless she opened her bank statement?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-08-16/police-bust-octogenarian-over-cannabis-stash/946204 Connie Duffy?
Have to say that none of this is surprising me. I was thinking along this line from very early on as they're common routes ;)

To keep things in perspective, 50gms is only 1.75 ounces which is not a huge quantity of cannabis. The 25 year old could be her grandson and she might have had the cannabis for medical purposes, even though that is against the law. If it was Connie Duff she died in 2011 and the news item is August 2010.

I wonder what mail as bank statements only come every 3 months and centerlink wouldn't know it wasn't touched.
The bank card was used so often there only seems that one fortnight with no transactions. What are the chances a statement would be issued just at the end of the only time it wasn't used.

Ok just putting it out there..
Scenario
KPS is helping out DH and HP by helping out with child care post accident. KPS quickly gets pulled into driving, as DH is suspended and has to help out with "runs".
One of these runs btw SA and NT goes wrong, and DH decides he is going to take the money ( not thinking normally post accident).. he has to blame someone and that is Karlie.. she has done a runner with the money. The key feature of this is that she cannot be found... gone with the money. This will keep her family (who know what she is involved with) quiet to some extent, and keep those who are owed the money diverted, at least in the short term.
I agree the key here is her trip to Mt Gambier.. who and what happened?

Yes it stated in the news article (that is regretfully paywalled) that she was 80 when the cannabis bust occurred & she died the next year. My point was that I am not surprised that cannabis seems to be at the heart of this whole case. I also feel that the 25 year old only claimed a certain amount of the weed as he/they were more than likely aware of the amounts which correspond to certain charges (these I do not know). The same 25 year old is apparently the informant on this article and seems to be in the know about the runs/debts/$$ values with regards to Karlie & also seems to know a bit about her relationship with DH. I linked the 2010 NT article as I thought it may be relevant in backing up his claims

*Sorry, editing all over the place tonight. This was meant to be a reply to Theodora :)

I wonder what mail as bank statements only come every 3 months and centerlink wouldn't know it wasn't touched.
The bank card was used so often there only seems that one fortnight with no transactions. What are the chances a statement would be issued just at the end of the only time it wasn't used.

Unless she had two bank accounts. One for centrelink payments and one for something else?

I think this is a very tangled web with a lot more players yet to come out IMO

Maybe Karlies debt explains a family member being induced to deposit money into her account.

To keep things in perspective, 50gms is only 1.75 ounces which is not a huge quantity of cannabis. The 25 year old could be her grandson and she might have had the cannabis for medical purposes, even though that is against the law. If it was Connie Duff she died in 2011 and the news item is August 2010.

How much would a gram of cannabis retail for? $20, more?

Maybe Karlies debt explains a family member being induced to deposit money into her account.

That could possibly explain how the card/cards were used in so many places. The money that her mother sent her could have gone into the other bank account.

My bank statements come every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste