AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, been away for a while. Injury.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone saw this on Monday night? Paul Barry, host of ABC News MediaWatch tore strips off Mark Morri, Senior Crime Editor and The Daily Telegraph over the 'serial killer angle' published in one of their stories regarding Karlie's and Khandalyce's alleged murders:

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s4343940.htm

I'm not worried about a couple of days of silence, they'd be looking over the interview from Monday today, because yesterday anyone not on active duty yesterday would have been under the table legless (no pun intended).

Anyway, I wonder if anyone saw this on Monday night? Paul Barry, host of ABC News MediaWatch tore strips off Mark Morri, Senior Crime Editor and The Daily Telegraph over the 'serial killer angle' published in one of their stories regarding Karlie's and Khandalyce's alleged murders:

Des Bray is quoted in that article as saying;

SUPT DES BRAY: I’m not sure where that came from. I got asked that question the other day as to whether this could be the work of a serial killer. There is no evidence to suggest that at all, however what I said the other day and I can say again today, it’s something that you keep in the back of your mind as to whether this person could be responsible for something else, given the terrible nature of the crime, but there is nothing to indicate that at the moment.

— ABC News 24, 27th October, 2015

I'm sticking with what Des Bray had to say on the matter. Anything else is just speculation.

My guess on relation to the current silence is that they have narrowed down more persons of interest and are following those leads. And because of all the harm social media is potentially doing to the case are holding cards closer to their chest. They will let us know when the time is right and pretty sure when more is released it will be a doooooooooooozy! :worms:

My guess on relation to the current silence is that they have narrowed down more persons of interest and are following those leads. And because of all the harm social media is potentially doing to the case are holding cards closer to their chest. They will let us know when the time is right and pretty sure when more is released it will be a doooooooooooozy! :worms:

I think you are on the money there melsie

Money from Karlie's mother.. lets think about the mechanics and technique of that.... I don't know if that process was done (a) with the woman impersonating Karlie on the phone to her own mother, or (b) pretending to be a friend of Karlie's delivering a message.. ......

I'm going with pretending to actually be Karlie.. this required a whole other set of skills apart from the ones used to con Centrelink and The Bank..

1. The woman who made that call knew without doubt that Karlie and Khandalyce were dead. .. very dead and gone at that point. No chance of the call being tagged as false by Karlie at some later stage.

2. The woman who made the call knew Karlie's speech pattern, intimately, to fool Colleen ( Karlie's mum) . knew certain phrases , knew and remembered the cadence and rhythm of Karlie's speech, and Karlie had been dead and gone for some time, so this also required a sharp memory, too.

3. The woman also knew a bit about Karlie's mother, I am guessing.. knew certain background stories re Karlie and her mum, knew , or had passing knowledge of other members of Karlie's family, perhaps, certainly knew Karlie's time line in regard to her mother.

4. This woman was also probably asked about Khandalyce and had to fool Colleen that she was the mother of Khandalyce and perform the conversation of a woman who had a small daughter, perhaps even got a small child to speak on the phone to Colleen... 'say hello to granma, Khandles'..kind of thing..

5. Knew enough about Colleen and Karlie to keep the conversation about Colleen transferring money to Karlie without breaking a sweat. Smooth as.

6. I take into account that Colleen , at that stage , anxious to hear anything from Karlie, and in the kind of frame of mind that wanted to be, or was easy, to fool, out of love for K and K, and may not have been very discerning, to a certain extent, but it's a big step from that to being taken in by someone who hadn't done their homework and had practiced and rehearsed for some time , to get the tone just right.....

Because this call was made to steer any of Karlie's family OUT of the direction of pesky and rude policemen, who might ask awkward questions, and do inconvenient investigations. A lot was riding on it, the offer of money by Colleen must have been icing on the cake. The call was important and probably discussed for quite some time in excruciating detail between those who knew Karlie was dead. This call had to have a result, and that result was people believing that Karlie was alive and well somewhere in suburban Australia with Khandalyce , content and in good health. It had to have that desired result.

And the risk of making the phone call had to be outweighed by the end game of it, Karlie's family relaxed and at least at peace and apparently, in that sense, it worked.

But what a risk to take, ey? that takes real nerve, and some talent, as well as sociopathy of a long term nature, .....

Just wondering whether anyone can provide an MSM/police link where it states that Karlie's mum was ever on the phone to someone trying to impersonate Karlie. It's my recollection that the original police comment was that someone impersonated Karlie on the phone to someone. But I have never seen that someone specifically referred to as being Karlie's mum - except here in WS comments. I suspect that the whole idea of Karlie's mum talking to a Karlie impersonator on the phone is a case of something being misinterpreted on WS and then rapidly taking on a 'factual' life of its own. I could well be wrong though! If anyone can please provide an MSM or police reference to this fact it would be useful. Thanks!

Welcome back bohemian. Hope you are OK. Have missed your sleuthing and insights.

Yes, I did see MediaWatch, and was pleased that the 'serial killer' sensationalism was picked up on. Without the media, a lot more crime would be more difficult to solve, however it is often inaccurate and relies upon sensationalism for ratings and sales, which of course distorts the real news and reporting. Nothing seems to be 'off limits'. I do not agree with the media propping outside the house of HP, but that is what they do, and there seems to be no law against it, as long as they are on public property. You see how they are at courts - in peoples' faces. I don't know how I would react in that situation. Mortein spray may be a good solution. MOO

Des Bray is quoted in that article as saying;

SUPT DES BRAY: I’m not sure where that came from. I got asked that question the other day as to whether this could be the work of a serial killer. There is no evidence to suggest that at all, however what I said the other day and I can say again today, it’s something that you keep in the back of your mind as to whether this person could be responsible for something else, given the terrible nature of the crime, but there is nothing to indicate that at the moment.

— ABC News 24, 27th October, 2015

I'm sticking with what Des Bray had to say on the matter. Anything else is just speculation.

I agree and that was the whole point of the MediaWatch segment.

Just wondering whether anyone can provide an MSM/police link where it states that Karlie's mum was ever on the phone to someone trying to impersonate Karlie. It's my recollection that the original police comment was that someone impersonated Karlie on the phone to someone. But I have never seen that someone specifically referred to as being Karlie's mum - except here in WS comments. I suspect that the whole idea of Karlie's mum talking to a Karlie impersonator on the phone is a case of something being misinterpreted on WS and then rapidly taking on a 'factual' life of its own. I could well be wrong though! If anyone can please provide an MSM or police reference to this fact it would be useful. Thanks!

I have been wondering that myself ninja.
I am not grasping at all that someone could fool a mother if speaking on the phone.
But nothing about this case will surprise me.

11:24 interview
The reporter asks: Des you mentioned the missing persons report was initially withdrawn a week later. What do you know about the people that contacted the missing person line to say these people aren't missing?
Des Bray : As I say the investigation is in its infancy and this has evolved rapidly in recent days so all the fine detail where yet to get.
I understand assurances from the family that Karlie and Khandalyce were safe in another state and simply wanted not to have contact for a short time
Reporter: They had spoken to Karlie and Khandalyce?
Des Bray : I have only just been told what I relayed to you I can't expand at this time.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...identified-along-with-her-mother#.VjmsQPkrKUk

A woman also sent text messages and called Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s mother, who died in 2012, to convince her her daughter was alive.

A woman sent text messages and called Ms Povey, who died in 2012, to convince her daughter was alive and conned her into transferring money to her account,

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...led-two-children/story-fns0kb1g-1227587627032

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/4f806f185cfa776550da5222378e6595

Welcome back bohemian. Hope you are OK. Have missed your sleuthing and insights.

Thanks p&g. I'm OK. Nothing an amputation at the neck wouldn't fix. Not firing on all cylinders yet but shouldn't take me long.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...pearce-stevenson/story-e6frg6n6-1227585916303

This article has the link to the police interview on 28th October. He refers to the SMS's and someone using Karlie's phone to phone "friends and relatives".

So what can we expect from DH's next court appearance? Any legal eagles lurking on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what can we expect from DH's next court appearance? Any legal eagles lurking on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://nswcourts.com.au/articles/what-are-the-different-stages-of-an-average-court-case/

It will depend on whether he pleads guilty or not guilty, as to how it proceeds. In any case, at this stage, it will just be a mention whereby the prosecution will determine the charge(s) and it will then be assigned to another court. There will be a lot of adjournments regardless - it will be drawn out for quite some time.

https://onlineregistry.lawlink.nsw....ate%22%2C%22sortOrder%22%3A%22ASC%22%7D%7D%7D

attachment.php

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...pearce-stevenson/story-e6frg6n6-1227585916303

This article has the link to the police interview on 28th October. He refers to the SMS's and someone using Karlie's phone to phone "friends and relatives".

I may be way off but when Des Bray talks through the phone use he says
* Message bank accessed - offenders sent replies some being to family and friends confirming Karlie was alive, well and elsewhere.

* On at least a couple of occasions a female falsely represented herself to be Karlie in communication with either family or friends.

Could the communication have been by SMS's and a female that had been questioned has admitted to having sent texts on several occasions but not on all occasions?
I have not heard Des Bray say that someone spoke too anyone ... only that they communicated with.
I stand corrected if that is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle