AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally, it was mentioned in MSM that she died of breast cancer, but I'm having trouble finding the article.

Originally, it was mentioned in MSM that she died of breast cancer, but I'm having trouble finding the article.

Cruelly, they also convinced her mother, who was later diagnosed as dying of cancer, to deposit money into her account. Ms Povey, died in 2012, aged 44, still believing her daughter and granddaughter were safe and living interstate.
Before her death a friend posted on Facebook: “u really need to talk to your mum Karlie before its tooooo late. Whatever has happened let it slide! Call now and bloody hurry up! Please I am begging u *advertiser censored*.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...e-and-khandalyce/story-fns0kb1g-1227589010006

We have been told by police that a woman in a wheelchair attempted to change the address details for Karlie's account at ACCU (now People's Choice), but did the police say whether that attempt was successful? Was the address changed?

Where does it say that the police stated that the woman in a wheelchair attempted to change the address details for Karlie's account? Please supply a link.

But regardless of what specifically "to update banking records" means, my question is whether those records were successfully updated or not.
I'm wondering, in other words, if the person raised some suspicion or failed to have all the documentation required to update the records.
Ditto, I suppose, with the Centrelink appointment.

I'm out for a few days....Real life...Funerals and all....Be nice to each other .....Perspective??? *advertiser censored*

"Police believe that in June 2010, a woman in a wheelchair impersonating Ms Pearce-Stevenson attended Australian Central Credit Union at Elizabeth to update banking records."

I assume this means contact and address details.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/wynarkabelanglo-murder-bombshell-karlie-pearce-stevenson-was-victim-of-90k-identity-fraud-after-she-was-killed/story-fni6uo1m-1227584173144?sv=d35d74673d921687a59f958e3b60d267

Yes, it's your assumption. Updating an address has never been mentioned. According to Inspector Des Bray;

On 24 June 2010 a female in a wheelchair accompanied by a male person attended the Australian Central Credit Union in Elizabeth to update banking records and engage in conversations with the bank. Those people were in possession of identity documents and were able to convince the bank that in fact the female that was present was Karlie.

https://www.facebook.com/sapolicenews/videos/948059551938054/

Yes, it's your assumption. Updating an address has never been mentioned. According to Inspector Des Bray;

On 24 June 2010 a female in a wheelchair accompanied by a male person attended the Australian Central Credit Union in Elizabeth to update banking records and engage in conversations with the bank. Those people were in possession of identity documents and were able to convince the bank that in fact the female that was present was Karlie.

https://www.facebook.com/sapolicenews/videos/948059551938054/

Ah, that answers my question - "were able to convince the bank that in fact the female that was present was Karlie" - good

A woman also sent text messages and called Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s mother, who died in 2012, to convince her her daughter was alive.

A woman sent text messages and called Ms Povey, who died in 2012, to convince her daughter was alive and conned her into transferring money to her account,

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...led-two-children/story-fns0kb1g-1227587627032

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/4f806f185cfa776550da5222378e6595

Makara when I mentioned the Murdoch press I was talking about these two articles put forward by Amee. These are the only links put forward in response to my original question which directly state that the impersonator spoke to Karlie's mum.

I must be overtired. Everyone's losing me tonight.

I believe the police have actually said that there was a man and at least two women involved, and believe those involved retained her phone in order to dupe Karlie's family members into believing she was alive, and "It's known that the phone's message bank was accessed by the offender/s and text messages sent to the murdered woman's mother, inducing her to send money to the bank account. A woman impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson also had brief conversations with family members".

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-police-news-assets/traffic/wynarka-belanglo-inquiry-update#.VjnwIK4rKEI

The police have already said that a woman impersonated Karlie and spoke to her mother, and "those involved" (a man and at least two women) sent text messages to her mother, so I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. I don't see what difference it makes if they spoke to another family member, or her mother - the fact remains that "those involved" used Karlie's phone (a) for proof of life and (b) to induce Karlie's mother to deposit money into her bank account.

Am I missing something?

I'm just asking when did the police state that the impersonator spoke directly to Karlie's mother? Because I am yet to read or be shown that. I'm bringing it up because there has been an awful lot of discussion about it on this forum. I myself have a very hard time imagining any circumstances whereby a mother wouldn't know the voice of her own child. But a more distant family member, maybe. I think it's important that people on this forum are careful not to misinterpret what they read and to be aware of ambiguities. God knows a lot of time has been spent accusing the press of misinterpretation. We should at least be free to call out misconceptions when we see them. Otherwise what kind of discussion are we all having?

I have been searching for the same detail, ninja, and found nothing yet.
That was another question on my long, long list, so hoping someone here can supply the link.

Reviewing https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol.../wynarka-belanglo-inquiry-update#.VjnwIK4rKEI it seems to me that Karlie's mother may have only received text messages from Karlie's phone and that the conversations may have been with other family members butperhaps not with her mother.
However, although I cannot now find the link, I thought the conversions were with family members and friends.
It's the "and friends" bit that I am particularly seeking if anyone has that link.

EDIT: Never mind. I found it. Cheers.

I'm just asking when did the police state that the impersonator spoke directly to Karlie's mother? Because I am yet to read or be shown that. I'm bringing it up because there has been an awful lot of discussion about it on this forum. I myself have a very hard time imagining any circumstances whereby a mother wouldn't know the voice of her own child. But a more distant family member, maybe. I think it's important that people on this forum are careful not to misinterpret what they read and to be aware of ambiguities. God knows a lot of time has been spent accusing the press of misinterpretation. We should at least be free to call out misconceptions when we see them. Otherwise what kind of discussion are we all having?

Both Panda and I posted a link to the NSW Police page where the question you posed was answered. What more do you want? Yes I agree with you, I also have a hard time believing that a mother would not recognise the voice of her own daughter but we don't know and may never know the full nature of those calls.

Your suggestion that people on this forum should be careful not to misinterpret what they read is a bit harsh when the police have actually stated that a woman did misrepresent herself as Karlie to Karlie's mother. Members are entitled to their own opinion here and everything posted here is moderated as you probably have gathered by now.

If you want to go down the press misrepresentation road, your posts will be deleted as that subject is totally off topic here. If you want to start a new thread about press misrepresentation, feel free to do so.

Get over it girls! Read the NSW Police statement and move on. Your argument is moot.

The reason I am interested in determining whether a voice call was made to Karlie's mother, or whether she only received text messages is actually quite critical.
If she only received text messages then they may have been sent by someone of either gender.
I have a sound reason for trying to determine exactly what the police have said in regards to the contact with Karlie's mother (text or voice) <Modsnip>
None-the-less, the link has confirmed what I thought, so thanks.

The reason I am interested in determining whether a voice call was made to Karlie's mother, or whether she only received text messages is actually quite critical.
If she only received text messages then they may have been sent by someone of either gender.
I have a sound reason for trying to determine exactly what the police have said in regards to the contact with Karlie's mother (text or voice) <Modsnip>
None-the-less, the link has confirmed what I thought, so thanks.

If it's quite critical as you say, contact the police or Crimestoppers. 1800 333 000

In the meantime stop disrupting this thread with your pointless arguments. If you choose to continue, your account will be placed under review. End of subject!

Fascinating new article in The Australian an hour ago but it's paywalled so I can't link it. However, googling should find it.

No worries, Markara. Yes, I have contacted Crimestoppers.

47 guests!

Would like to know, if they are Australians and from where exactly. :)

I've been a guest for years on here, and signed up a couple of days ago. I'm from Adelaide, so I have an added interest to this crime.
I do have a few thoughts I would like to share at some point..this is my first post on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me