AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a guest for years on here, and signed up a couple of days ago. I'm from Adelaide, so I have an added interest to this crime.
I do have a few thoughts I would like to share at some point..this is my first post on here.

Hi Melissa83,

welcome to Websleuths. Please feel free to share your thoughts.

I've been a guest for years on here, and signed up a couple of days ago. I'm from Adelaide, so I have an added interest to this crime.
I do have a few thoughts I would like to share at some point..this is my first post on here.

Hi Melissa. I am also in Adelaide. I'm interested to know your thoughts.

I'm new here, but have wanted to say something that stood out in the list of bank transactions.
After the accident Hazel most likely spent some time in rehab, which was most likely Hampstead Centre, on Hampstead Road, which is just down the road from the BP OTR at Broadview, where I think there were two withdrawals made, one around Dec 22, so about a week after it is thought that Karlie was killed. I wonder if Hazel was in Hampstead Centre on this day, perhaps Daniel visited her that day, or someone else visiting Hazel or Hazel herself could have made those withdrawals.
I am curious about the date Hazel went home from hospital/rehab. Maybe Daniel was getting Karlie out of the way so they could continue a relationship? Did Daniel, Karlie and/or Khandalyce visit Hazel after the accident, particularly December/January, maybe more witnesses there?

Unfortunately, I don't think we have any information about where HP was treated following her amputation, although Hampstead or Calvary are the obvious choices, or how long she was in rehab for.
Maybe someone has an answer to this though as it would certainly be interesting.

Fascinating new article in The Australian an hour ago but it's paywalled so I can't link it.

However, googling should find it.

Why don't you just paraphrase for us Jane? That would be so much kinder then telling people to google it when you haven't even included the main headline.

Why don't you just paraphrase Jane? That would be so much kinder then telling people to google it when you haven't even included the main headline.

I wasn't being "unkind", Maraka.
I was under the impression it was not allowed here.
That is why I included nether the link nor the headline.
But certainly I could paraphrase it for you if you wish.

I wasn't being "unkind", Maraka.
I was under the impression it was not allowed here.
That is why I included nether the link nor the headline.
But certainly I could paraphrase it for you if you wish.

You obviously don't understand the rules. If you post something include a link. Don't just post that there is a fascinating new article and tell people to Google it. If it's behind a paywall you are free to paraphrase if you wish.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sub...tory-e6frg6nf-1227596567479&memtype=anonymous

Paraphrase - A long term friend of accused says he was not the sort of man to instigate a plan or an idea. He was always in search of a woman who could control and organise his life for him and was a rather shy man. He describes DH as a follower, not a leader.

DH was deeply distressed by the accident in 2008 and it affected his mental state adversely.

He is one of 5 children. Was for some time in foster care.
Worked as a baker and also in the mining industry.
He liked to cook and clean (for his girlfriends).

Also, same article, an bit about TB and how she found him to be a liar but dependent upon her and how leaving him was hard to do for that reason.

Another point is the manager of Strandbags in Mt Gambier said police had not yet contacted him to discuss the purchase made on kp's card.

It certainly paints a picture of a completely different sort of person to the one we have been reading about, doesn't it?

It certainly paints a picture of a completely different sort of person to the one we have been reading about, doesn't it?

If you believe everything the media says.

I am deeply surprised that the police have not been in touch with the manager of the Strandbags store.

CORRECTION: In The Australian article linked above, it was the Director of Retail Operations of Strandbags who said his company had not yet been contacted by the police about the purchase on KP's card at their Mt Gambier store.

Additional bit I missed - Article states that Blundell's Canberra house was one of those searched last month.

Phew! I think I covered all the main points.

I have been thinking about the car accident that caused HP to have her leg amputated and left her paralysed.
The accident occurred in September and she was in hospital for approximately 3 months, surely she would have had to relearn how to care for herself and attempt everyday tasks that would have once been easy.

Is it possible to think that she would have been able to care for a child at this time, did she have carer visits or help of some kind whilst she re-adjusted to her new life. Did she have support to look after her own child?

Is it reasonable to think that she would have been left with Khandalyce, or would there have been a lot of appointments or visits whilst she was relearning how to care for herself?

This is just a though that has been bugging me for a while

I have been thinking some thoughts for some time now but can't seem to keep up with the thread. By the time I read it, and have taken it in, it's moved on again!

This is is just some ideas I would like to toss into the mix. I am trying to straighten this out in my head, actually. So excuse long post. I'm tossing around a few ideas re timeline.

From the KPS card activity released by police, DH is back in Adelaide by 22/12/2008, after killing KPS somewhere and putting her body in Belanglo.

Due to his mobile pings we know DH was in Belanglo on 14/15 December. I am theorizing late at night - late on 14th early on 15th due to dual date being given. Belanglo is a four hour round trip from Canberra.

i doubt he took KP with him. Maybe if KPS body was hidden from sight, in the boot or something? But why would you drive in the middle of the night with a small toddler and go walking, carrying a body around in the forest in the dark, when you could simply leave her somewhere else/with someone else.

Then he's back in Canberra 16/12 or earlier to use the card.
By 19/12 he is still in Canberra, uses the card again. Is this the time Khandalyce was sighted without her mother.

Then it's off to Adelaide. A 13 hour drive thereabouts.

IF Khandalyce is with him at this point, is she alive or dead....

Theory 1/If she's not with him, and is alive, he's left her somewhere in the ACT or NSW, some where safe that he knows, with someone that he knows. I doubt he would do this. He's killed her mother and Khandalyce can link him to Karlie.

Theory 2/If she's not with him, and dead - he's got her somewhere dry and not exposed to the elements, somewhere there is no chance she will be found or any odd smells noticed. There are are other childrens clothing articles and old suitcases. A basement?

Theory 3/ If she is with him, and she's alive, why is he risking taking her back to Adelaide? I doubt he would do this. When he has killed her mother. Again, Khandalyce can link him to Karlie.

Theory 4/ If she is with him, and she's dead, he needs to store the remains in Adelaide in such conditions as previously mentioned? Basement.

IMO NSW/ACT is his home ground. Where he feels most comfortable. Where he keeps RETURNING to. Theory 2 is what works for me.

Another line of thought (sorry, bear with me ) going back to statement again.

If you google the following.....

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thornt.../topics/driving-tips-for-canberra-to-adelaide

It explains that a scenic version of the trip between Adelaide and Canberra can be done via the coastal route and Mt Gambier.

On 17/11/2008 the card is used at Rabbit Photo Mt Gambier.
The next purchase is in Canberra 24/11.

My brain is dead now. Having a rest.:thinking:

Good thoughts.

BBM : I'm not familiar with this, can you please find a link? Thanks :)

I'm new here, but have wanted to say something that stood out in the list of bank transactions.
After the accident Hazel most likely spent some time in rehab, which was most likely Hampstead Centre, on Hampstead Road, which is just down the road from the BP OTR at Broadview, where I think there were two withdrawals made, one around Dec 22, so about a week after it is thought that Karlie was killed. I wonder if Hazel was in Hampstead Centre on this day, perhaps Daniel visited her that day, or someone else visiting Hazel or Hazel herself could have made those withdrawals.
I am curious about the date Hazel went home from hospital/rehab. Maybe Daniel was getting Karlie out of the way so they could continue a relationship? Did Daniel, Karlie and/or Khandalyce visit Hazel after the accident, particularly December/January, maybe more witnesses there?

I bet you are right! That would make complete sense. Notice it's also part of the Royal Adelaide Hospital where police have said Karlie's card was also used: http://www.rah.sa.gov.au/hampstead/hampstead.php

Unfortunately, I don't think we have any information about where HP was treated following her amputation, although Hampstead or Calvary are the obvious choices, or how long she was in rehab for.
Maybe someone has an answer to this though as it would certainly be interesting.

Isn't Calvary a private hospital?

[h=3]South Australia[/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members