AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to make my point one more time, then I'll go back to lurking.

The police statement says:

"The phone’s message bank was accessed by the offenders and a woman impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson to induce the murdered woman’s mother into sending money to the bank account."

As I said upthread, to me it's feasible that the impersonator spoke to, for example, another friend or family member and asked them to convince Karlie's mother to transfer money. This would qualify as 'inducing'. In other words, the police have not said explicitly in a written statment that someone spoke directly with Karlie's mum.

I can understand how people may read it this way. But I don't think we can assume that that reading is correct.

<Modsnip>

As I said, I will go back to lurking now.

For what it's worth, I agree with you, ninja. I think it is important too.

"The phone&#8217;s message bank was accessed by the offenders and a woman impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson to induce the murdered woman&#8217;s mother into sending money to the bank account."

As I said upthread, to me it's feasible that the impersonator spoke to, for example, another friend or family member and asked them to convince Karlie's mother to transfer money. This would qualify as 'inducing'. In other words, the police have not said explicitly in a written statment that someone spoke directly with Karlie's mum.

I can understand how people may read it this way. But I don't think we can assume that that reading is correct.

<Modsnip>

Maybe I have this all wrong but the way that comes across to me doesn't sound like the woman impersonating Karlie spoke to anyone but instead left a message on Karlie's mums phone.

"The phone&#8217;s message bank was accessed by the offenders and a woman impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson to induce the murdered woman&#8217;s mother into sending money to the bank account."

If people want to rip into me for pointing out the facts as they have been presented to us, then go ahead! But his really doesn't leave much room for any kind of serious dicussion on this forum.

BBM

I read the word "induce" to mean to persuade in this sentence.

"A woman impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson to persuade the murdered woman's mother"

[h=4]induce verb (PERSUADE)[/h] &#8250; [T + obj + to infinitive ] to &#8203;persuade someone to do something:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/induce

JOINT STATEMENT FROM SA AND NSW POLICE

Police believe those responsible for her murder retained the phone in order to dupe Ms Pearce-Stevenson's family members into believing she was still alive.

It's known that the phone's message bank was accessed by the offender/s and text messages sent to the murdered woman's mother, inducing her to send money to the bank account.

A woman impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson also had brief conversations with family members.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...l-service-area/task-force-mallee#.VjqGkG5LOY5

:sigh:

The Australian article, very interesting. Others have mentioned it but not mentioned that evidently Strandbags was the only store to stock the Lanza brand suitcase that KP was found in.

Snipped by me....

It was the part that clearly states each of the SA hospitals is private after the title that gave it away, isn't it?

Being a charity, Clavary caters for both, public and private.
So, was HP using public or private, do we know?

Calvary does tend to do a lot of amputation work and post-op critical care and is the likely choice in SA for that, especially if it was not an emergency amputation at the time of the accident but a later procedure once it was determined the leg could not be saved.

Once out of critical care though, I think it is likely HP would have been transferred back to nearest her home in Alice Springs where she could have the support of family and friends during what must have been a truly awful rehab and grieving period.

Alice Springs hospital manages trauma rehabilitation medicine, care, counselling and physiotherapy according to their website, so I also think it is likely she went there.

http://www.health.nt.gov.au/careers/medical_officers/alice_springs_hospital/index.aspx

Maybe I have this all wrong but the way that comes across to me doesn't sound like the woman impersonating Karlie spoke to anyone but instead left a message on Karlie's mums phone.

That is how it comes across to me too.

Either way, since they interviewed the Rabbit Photo lady, it stands to reason they interviewed the people who owned and worked on the day of question in Strandbags too.

I agree it stands to reason.
So I wonder why the retail operations manager told The Australian that the police hadn't interviewed anyone?
Seems such an odd thing to lie about in the media, don't you think?

Snipped by me....

It was the part that clearly states each of the SA hospitals is private after the title that gave it away, isn't it?
Its private but a lot of public users go there for xrays cat scans ultrasounds etc

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Do we know for sure that HP lost her leg in the 2008 accident?

I can remember reading - left wheelchair bound - left a paraplegic - but not an amputee.

This could have been the result of complications years after the accident or it could have been recently after the accident.

If anyone can clarify this I would appreciate it. TIA

A few simple truths.

They have DH and Karlie phone records that far back. So they know who he was in contact with. Every number he rang or received would be traceable. He would have his own phone or phones. To add to that all other interested parties phones are traceable. So many leads to the lives led.

ATM have cameras. Most of the transactions will have a image of who.

The rehab will be known and the staff would be questioned. Visitors etc will be known. Those medical places have cameras everywhere so more images of who and when.

Petrol Station transactions .. more cameras .. so vehicles driven drivers and maybe even associates.

They have 90 % of the picture but most probably cant prove a moment of the child's death.

Charging people with fraud etc will come later. If you kill people in this manner and are caught your life of freedom ends anyway. So the fraud part is just part of motive or consequence.

Once they nail it then the benefactors of the fraud and there involvement come next. Although will be swept through concurrently once they nail this story. Has to be right to honor the lives of K and K.

Do we know for sure that HP lost her leg in the 2008 accident?

I can remember reading - left wheelchair bound - left a paraplegic - but not an amputee.

This could have been the result of complications years after the accident or it could have been recently after the accident.

If anyone can clarify this I would appreciate it. TIA
I had this thought too

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

"The phone’s message bank was accessed by the offenders and a woman impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson to induce the murdered woman’s mother into sending money to the bank account."

If people want to rip into me for pointing out the facts as they have been presented to us, then go ahead! But his really doesn't leave much room for any kind of serious dicussion on this forum.

I understand what you are trying to say. However, to me personally, it reads that the mother was spoken to by someone who impersonated Karlie to get her mother to send money "and a woman impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson to induce the murdered woman's mother into sending money to the bank account."

It is a matter of interpretation and that is how I read it - but it is just my opinion. You could be correct - they may not have directly spoken to Karlie's mother, they may have spoken to other members of the family or friends. However, my point is, what is your point? What difference does in make in the scheme of things? Is it useful and if so, why?

"I can understand how people may read it this way. But I don't think we can assume that that reading is correct." I'm not sure what you mean here. However, no-one is assuming it's correct, people are looking at different possibilities and scenarios based on what has been reported, and their interpretation, rightly or wrongly, from MSM. :gaah:

I thought the Rabbit store was IN Strandbags (or part of the store) .. is that wrong?

The stores were diagonally opposite each other in the Lakes shopping centre I think.
I am going from memory on the name but I recall seeing a floorplan of the centre (not sure if here or on another forum).
Would you like me to see if I can locate it?

Someone posted this way back in another thread.

Centralian Advocate

Sept 23, 2008

Hospital spokeswoman Chelsea Rogers said all three had been discharged.

School mourns two killed in crash: P5 - Territory Stories

I shall hunt through and find a link

Phone records will show where the call was made from and who's phone. Not direct connections but fruit doesnt fall far from the tree.
I understand what you are trying to say. However, to me personally, it reads that the mother was spoken to by someone who impersonated Karlie to get her mother to send money "and a woman impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson to induce the murdered woman's mother into sending money to the bank account."

It is a matter of interpretation and that is how I read it - but it is just my opinion. You could be correct - they may not have directly spoken to Karlie's mother, they may have spoken to other members of the family or friends. However, my point is, what is your point? What difference does in make in the scheme of things? Is it useful and if so, why?

"I can understand how people may read it this way. But I don't think we can assume that that reading is correct." I'm not sure what you mean here. However, no-one is assuming it's correct, people are looking at different possibilities and scenarios based on what has been reported, and their interpretation, rightly or wrongly, from MSM. :gaah:

Hi,

I've missed a few threads (working) and haven't had a chance to catch up. Can anyone give a brief synopsis of events for me?

Thanks

I did read hat they were transferred to Adelaide but I have also seen that HP spent 3 months in hospital which I think would be reasonable with a paraplegia issue, further to the hospital itself, being a victim/passenger, HP would most likely be covered under the cars insurance so would be a private patient, imo.
As would the 2 yo but not DH as the driver.
Someone posted this way back in another thread.

Centralian Advocate

Sept 23, 2008

Hospital spokeswoman Chelsea Rogers said all three had been discharged.

School mourns two killed in crash: P5 - Territory Stories

I shall hunt through and find a link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members