AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From previous reading, HP was receiving treatment via the insurance that covers the passengers involved in accidents, I know I have seen news articles saying that HP was in hospital for 3 months following the accident but none specifying rehab.
When you pay registration fees, there is a compulsory fee for that insurance. It is called various names in different states.
Also, the deceased children did attend school in Alice Springs, I THINK there is a link to that here already but everything I search comes up with a paywall.

From previous reading, HP was receiving treatment via the insurance that covers the passengers involved in accidents, I know I have seen news articles saying that HP was in hospital for 3 months following the accident but none specifying rehab.
When you pay registration fees, there is a compulsory fee for that insurance. It is called various names in different states.
Also, the deceased children did attend school in Alice Springs, I THINK there is a link to that here already but everything I search comes up with a paywall.

You are right > See sleep's post a page back.

That article says the 2 children that died were Alice Springs children. It mentions their school in Alice Springs.

So HP was living in Alice Springs, not in Adelaide?

That article says the 2 children that died were Alice Springs children. It mentions their school in Alice Springs.

At the time - she seems to be a little transient to me.

For example, here in SA it is called CTP - Compulsory Third Party. Also, there is no real way of us knowing if it covered HP's injuries or not, due to the car being out of rego. This is because the cover continues for one month after the rego on a car is expired.

So it is possible that if the car was unregistered, she could still have been covered under CTP - or whatever it was called in the state it was registered in. And all this seems rather irrelevant anyway?

Here in SA we know the rehab centre of choice is Hampstead. But she may or may not have been treated there. It is down the road from one of the servo's where Karlies card was used. The relevance being...?

All we need to know is where the cards were used. We don't need to know why.

IMO.

JOINT STATEMENT FROM SA AND NSW POLICE

Police believe those responsible for her murder retained the phone in order to dupe Ms Pearce-Stevenson's family members into believing she was still alive.

It's known that the phone's message bank was accessed by the offender/s and text messages sent to the murdered woman's mother, inducing her to send money to the bank account.

A woman impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson also had brief conversations with family members.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...l-service-area/task-force-mallee#.VjqGkG5LOY5

:sigh:
Thanks Amee, that makes a lot more sense than the other snipped article.

Police might not have spoken to the manager about bag transaction because by the time they had arrived there the police had bank transaction data. Police probably had already accessed company data and even maybe security footage so didnt need speak to manager or staff.
data in many cases where multiple stores exist is centralised in an offsite storage facility.

The retail operations director of Strandbags said that his company had not been contacted by the police in regard a purchase made on Karlies card or the purchase of a suitcase.
They may have spoken to the store manager or employee however.
Are strandbags franchised?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-follower-friend/story-e6frg6nf-1227596567479
Karlie Pearce-Stevenson‘s accused killer ‘a follower’: friend

Maybe HP was confined to a wheelchair after the accident because her leg was badly damaged doctors did what they could to save the leg and the amputation came later on due to complications from the injuries. eg infection

Police might not have spoken to the manager about bag transaction because by the time they had arrived there the police had bank transaction data. Police probably had already accessed company data and even maybe security footage so didnt need speak to manager or staff.

I wonder if they were able to determine if one of the 28 tutu's sold in SA were on Karlies cards?

The government sorts out the injured passenger then retrieves the money from the unlicensed drivers vehicle privately.

If you put wages in a proxy account, they would not be seen by authorities at the ready to deduct them to pay back the monies owing.

For example, here in SA it is called CTP - Compulsory Third Party. Also, there is no real way of us knowing if it covered HP's injuries or not, due to the car being out of rego. This is because the cover continues for one month after the rego on a car is expired.

The phone call to Colleen is so crucial to this crime. Colleen has, already once , contacted police and put Karlie on the missing persons register.. the news of this must have travelled fast, I'm thinking facebook which I think was clearly monitored by the killers, tracked diligently, because the myth of Karlie being still alive and cooking a roast dinner somewhere in suburban Australia was absolutely paramount to the killers and Karlie's mum and family and friends alike. Everyone needed that narrative to be working smoothly, some for peace of mind, some for retaining liberty.. both powerful reasons. And someone persuaded Colleen then , at that point, to withdraw the request for the searching for Karlie and Khandalyce.. someone very persuasive . All thru this, Colleen is legally the only one , being next of kin, who can claim Karlie to the police as a missing person, a technical point , but one not lost on the killers.

So by the time it gets round to Colleen 's illness becoming the major issue, the family, the friends, up the nature of the messages to who they think is still Karlie.. to urgent and imperative, somewhere out there they believe, and have believed since the time Colleen withdrew the original missing persons request, that Karlie is contactable thru this particular medium, because it worked before.

That Karlie and Khandalyce are dead, murdered, buried in Belanglo and a suitcase somewhere in SA never crosses their mind, but this is the terrible fact.

And because of the urgent nature of these messages, the killers decide they have to contact Colleen, because it isn't convenient for Karlie to be officially reported missing for all the normal reasons that your average murderer would have. Questions would be asked, stuff would be checked. Electronic footprints would be tracked all over the place.

So.. after much rehearsal ( my opinion ) ..between them, the voice and nature of Karlie is retrieved from the grave in the person of the female half of this enterprise.. she has a good idea of how to do it, it has to be shortish, but not sharp, it has to be utterly persuasive but not frightening, it has to be totally believable , so believable that Colleen offers to send money to Karlie's account, but this is just a byproduct of the call, a bonus, .. the main thing is Karlie and Khandalyce must be believed to be alive and well and contented together somewhere in Australia and without worry or problems that need a families assistance or advice.

And if this works, Colleen doesn't lift that handset and dial the NT police number.

And apparently... it did work. .. it does work as 4 more years roll on.. . and then.....

I could be wrong, I don't think this is correct. Any person can report someone missing. (For example, what if a next of kin murders someone and doesn't report them missing. Joe Bloggs report them missing, but the police ignore them as being missing because the next of kin say they aren't missing?)

http://www.missingpersons.justice.nsw.gov.au/Documents/fmp45_missing-people.pdf

"In accordance with the relevant legislation, it is important that the ‘senior next of kin’ (if available) is told about the missing person’s disappearance. A senior next of kin can be a) a spouse, or(b) if not (a), then a son or daughter (18 years of age or over), or(c) if (a) and (b) are not available, parents of the missing person, or(d) if none of (a), (b) or (c) are available, the missing person’s brother orsister.The police will want to talk directly with the senior next of kin to obtaininformation and history of the missing person and to relay up to dateinformation about the investigation to them." (BBM and font colour changed by me).

I don't think this makes any difference, as I think it was originally reported that Karlie's mother reported her missing, but just so we have the right facts about reporting missing persons generally. :D

I have missed something obviously but I did not know the car was out of registration, is there a confirmed link to this?

So it is possible that if the car was unregistered, she could still have been covered under CTP - or whatever it was called in the state it was registered in. And all this seems rather irrelevant anyway?

Here in SA we know the rehab centre of choice is Hampstead. But she may or may not have been treated there. It is down the road from one of the servo's where Karlies card was used. The relevance being...?

All we need to know is where the cards were used. We don't need to know why.

IMO.

I have missed something obviously but I did not know the car was out of registration, is there a confirmed link to this?

We don't know if the car involved in the accident was out of registration or not - current vehicles owned are not registered according to the SA vehicle registration authority.

No, just conjecture based on the fact that her current cars are unregistered.

Very interesting reading on here this morning, especially the newspaper report about the personality of DH. (if we are to believe that it's true of course, it could be a mate trying to say he was a follower, not a leader, to keep him out of trouble and point the finger elsewhere)

Some thoughts on the MVA of DH, Hazel and children.

1.All CTP insurance claims no matter weather they occur in the state of registration or interstate require the car to be registered. The laws vary somewhat from state to state, and have changed since this accident occurred however this fact, along with the default of the registered drivers insurance if they exceed the alcohol content/ drug use remain significant factors.
For more info
www.lawhandbook.sa.gov.au › Motor vehicle accidents › Personal Injuries

2. If she had a claim she could have been treated, especially in the rehab phase, in a private hospital.

3. IMO there is a good chance that her MVA insurance claim failed. This feeling is based on Hazels current action of not registering vehicles (and DH previously reported drug use.)
BOTH of DH cars REMAIN unregistered. (just rechecked to see if they have decided to register them and she hasn't :thinking:) Thank you again sleepinoz #271 :)

4. A failed CTP claim would have forced Hazel to take a personal injury claim against DH to recover her losses, and this would be a hold she would have over him.

Very unpleasant case this one.

I agree. I mentioned in a previous post that there could have been a problem with getting a full CTP payout, due to a passenger being partly negligent, and you are quite right - if the vehicle was unregistered at the time, there would be no CTP payout. Even if a personal injury claim were actioned against the driver, the driver would have to have the funds to actually pay it. So, just because a claim is successful, doesn't mean payment will be made (as they say, you can't get blood out of a stone). Further, a personal injury claim would cost a considerable cost in terms of money and time to run.

Of course, we don't know any of this to be fact, however, if there is an element of truth, that would certainly point to motivation to illicit funds which weren't originally forthcoming.

Re: CTP insurance

In terms of compensation payable, an injured person is not disadvantaged by the fact that the vehicle at fault was not registered.

If the vehicle at fault is not registered, then an injured person claims against the ‘nominal defendant.’ (The term used might vary from state to state.)

Think of it this way: our CTP premiums go into a big pot, and money from that pot is used to compensate the injured.

Lack of insurance is an issue (expensive issue) for the owner / driver of a vehicle at fault. The nominal defendant may take action against an uninsured party to recover compensation paid.

As for whether certain vehicles are or are not currently registered…. I’m not confident that the online details are correct.

One thing I’ve noticed with this matter is that the police / authorities seem to have dealt with electronic records before they release certain information. I can’t be sure, but I suspect that cancellation of Karlie’s ABN might be an example of that.

There are quite a few things that can be done online with vehicle registration. If police know that someone is going to be the focus of unwelcome attention then it is possible that online vehicle registration records were ‘frozen’ as a way of protecting certain people from malicious online activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay