AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, it's Australian Women's Weekly (I know, I know) but this is strange:

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/n...ht-with-funds-from-mothers-bank-account-22994

"Detectives have revealed that the suitcase that murdered toddler Khandalyce Pearce's body was found in was bought with funds from her mother’s bank account, after she was killed."

Do they mean after Khandalyce was killed? I ask because in the next but one paragraph they write "
Hundreds of withdrawals and purchases were made between 2008 and 2012, however the one from the Mount Gambier luggage store was made just weeks before Karlie Pearce-Stevenson was allegedly killed in December 2008, The Australian reports."

Or is it just sloppy?

The article seems to contradict itself by saying:

“Detectives have revealed that the suitcase that murdered toddler Khandalyce Pearce's body was found in was bought with funds from her mother’s bank account, after she was killed.”

then

“…however the one from the Mount Gambier luggage store was made just weeks before Karlie Pearce-Stevenson was allegedly killed in December 2008.”

Unless there is another transaction about which we know nothing...?

BBM

PS: I am not aware of any official statement by police alluding to a purchase of luggage after Karlie's death.

That's what I thought too, Iten.
Peculiar writing IMO.

November 6, 2015

Girl's body could have been stuffed in suitcase bought with money from murdered mum's bank

Fairfax Media have reported that Holdom was in a one time relationship with a woman believed to have stolen Karlie's identity after her death.

The same woman, is believed to be the person who attended a credit union in June 2010 and convinced staff she was Karlie after showing her identity documents.

It is not known if Holdom acted alone, or if there were more killers involved in the brutal case.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/2997...in-bought-with-money-from-murdered-mums-bank/

So they went to Mt Gambier on the way home? Or they didnt y the case at Mt Gambier. It was bought at another Strandbags. But why the liking to Strandbags?

Ok, it's Australian Women's Weekly (I know, I know) but this is strange:

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/n...ht-with-funds-from-mothers-bank-account-22994

"Detectives have revealed that the suitcase that murdered toddler Khandalyce Pearce's body was found in was bought with funds from her mother’s bank account, after she was killed."

Do they mean after Khandalyce was killed? I ask because in the next but one paragraph they write "
Hundreds of withdrawals and purchases were made between 2008 and 2012, however the one from the Mount Gambier luggage store was made just weeks before Karlie Pearce-Stevenson was allegedly killed in December 2008, The Australian reports."

Or is it just sloppy?

How can it be one time if they had an accident 3 months before Karlies death? They werent in a relationship before Karlies death? They were friends when the accident? occurred?

November 6, 2015

Girl's body could have been stuffed in suitcase bought with money from murdered mum's bank

Fairfax Media have reported that Holdom was in a one time relationship with a woman believed to have stolen Karlie's identity after her death.

The same woman, is believed to be the person who attended a credit union in June 2010 and convinced staff she was Karlie after showing her identity documents.

It is not known if Holdom acted alone, or if there were more killers involved in the brutal case.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/2997...in-bought-with-money-from-murdered-mums-bank/

Putting Khandalyce's body in the suitcase. Huge mistake.. because of it being that suitcase, and not any other suitcase hanging around.

When the little body is put in it, the suitcase is around 5 weeks out of the shop .. its practically brand new ( police say 4 weeks after that transaction, adding a week on for police saying Khandalyce was murdered a 'short time' after ) ..

The Suit case is the only thing at that time that links Karlie with Khandalyce''s remains. Karlie bought it, on her keycard 4 weeks approx. before she was murdered. So either the killer doesn't know that the suitcase is , in fact, Karlie's , bought by her with electronic record, and thinks it belongs to someone else, or hasn't thought it thru as to whom , exactly , the suitcase is owned by , just goes ahead. Or doesn't care , either way , and has another plan.

Highly likely the suitcase was thought to be erased, along with it's contents, by Holdom, who understands the link between him, the body in the forest, and the body in the suitcase. It is a matter of who else understands that link. Certainly, the suitcase didn't spend 6 years on the side of the road, it spend those years somewhere safe, coolish, darkish, and dry... probably a bit fanciful to name South Australia as the driest state on the driest continent on earth ( bar Antarctica) ... but where ever that suitcase was it was not exposed to moisture at any time.

And perhaps it wasn't Khandalyce's body that did the travelling.. perhaps it was Karlie's body that travelled the long distance to Belanglo from South Australia..

It seems both Karlie & Khandalyce were last seen in Charnwood.

I'm wondering about the period of time between Karlie's card being used at Kippax Fair, Deakin on 24 Nov '08 (presumably by Karlie) and then the next card transaction in Charnwood on 16 Dec '08 (presumably by DH).

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-27/timeline-karlie-pearce-stevenson-bank-account-activity/6890008

The period of time between these dates that the card wasn't used, to me, is a worry. I know its been suggested in previous posts that maybe police haven't released all the card transaction dates. But still, I'm worried that Karlie & or Khandalyce were held against they're will during this period.

So they went to Mt Gambier on the way home? Or they didnt y the case at Mt Gambier. It was bought at another Strandbags. But why the liking to Strandbags?

I say the liking to Strandbags is because being on the road more suitcasing was needed, be it on the way to Canberra or not, perhaps an existing suitcase busted a side zipper, or Karlie just happened to see the Lanza and thought 'perfect'!

The real question is 'why Mt Gambier' why was she there? It's a long way away off the logical drive between Adelaide and Canberra.

How can it be one time if they had an accident 3 months before Karlies death? They werent in a relationship before Karlies death? They were friends when the accident? occurred?

Once was enough in this case. Maybe they had more before, who knows. It does seem they were all friends before, whether that involved anything 'special' between Karlie and Daniel remains to be seen.

I think they have worded it badly? Reporters (often) make mistakes, I wouldn't take what they report as Gospel, I wait for what the Police reports say.

Maybe it was meant to be "Holdem was at one time in a relationship with the woman believed to have stolen Karlies identity after her death"

It is quite extraordinary, isn't it?

The forensics stated that Khandalyce's body decomposed somewhere else, and was put into the suitcase later. " the bones themselves weren't bleached, so it didn't look like they have been out in the sun for a great period of time. They weren't dirty, so they didn't look like they had been buried" (see http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-22/forensic-team-searches-wynarka-suitcase-for-dna/6874714 for that detail).

So someone, somewhere, kept a suitcase full of children's clothing that, even prior to being left on the side of the road, probably didn't look worth hanging onto, for about 6 years.
That has always seemed unlikely to me, especially if they people concerned are semi-transient. Why cart around luggage you don't need or use?

Then later, someone, somewhere, removed he remains of Khandalyce from wherever they were kept "out in the sun for a great period of time" and not buried.

Did they just randomly put the bones into that suitcase, not realising the clothes in it were Khandles'?

I like your thought that it may have been Karlie's body that was transported such a long way, to ACT, to confuse the case by leaving her in Milat territory.
In that scenario then, we would be looking for an SA murder scene, maybe closer to Wynarka.

Could the murders have occurred on the way back from Canberra to Adelaide and the case of clothing and child's body been left at the murder scene for years but Karie's body moved back to the Canberra area.

Then, years later, since Karlie's body has never been identified, the killer thinks to clean up at the original site and just bundles up everything and leaves it on the roadside?

It takes a certain level of stupidity to do that, but it is certainly a possibility in this bizarre case.

Fasinating stuff Jane........
I keep thinking of the word, for some reason "discarded." Like people do all the time when they just want to get rid of a mattress or an old pram.

In true crime circles, they often talk about the way killers dispose of remains can give clues.
Covering the face, for example, is often done as a sign of remorse, and can mean the killer knew the victim.
Displaying the body in certain poses can mean the crime had a sexual motive.

In in the case of Khandalyce, I think there are TWO very different people who have handled her remains.

Hiding remains, keeping them close, not burying or taking to the tip for example. Not leaving them out on the bush. They are laid out somewhere, kept. IMO that indicates a degree of " possessiveness" towards the bones. Perhaps an unwillingness to discard. She was important in some way to whoever caused her death.
The disposal, however, was done by someone else. IMO.

All these "suitcase break through" stories popping up in MSM today appear flimsy and a bit manufactured to me. Some are a bit sloppy. Police aren't commenting.

I think MSM are keeping the story alive - which I'm a-okay with. Keeping K&K top of mind is important! But there has been a bit of an info vacuum this week.

Maybe some intrepid reporters have been sleuthing in here. Heavens knows we've all been banging on about that Mt Gambier purchase for weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or, it's just another (seemingly innocuous to most of us) leak that could add to the discomfort of certain people, perhaps.

'Look, we almost have all the pieces of the puzzle together'. Really should have emoticon of someone shaking in their boots here, but not up to that skill level yet, sorry.

All these "suitcase break through" stories popping up in MSM today appear flimsy and a bit manufactured to me. Some are a bit sloppy. Police aren't commenting.

I think MSM are keeping the story alive - which I'm a-okay with. Keeping K&K top of mind is important! But there has been a bit of an info vacuum this week.

Maybe some intrepid reporters have been sleuthing in here. Heavens knows we've all been banging on about that Mt Gambier purchase for weeks!

Try this one:

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/steelcraft-holiday-layback-stroller/p/WCC100000000005005/

However, I don't really think it's relevant as LE have already ascertained her age.

Height can be affected by so many different factors.

Re Khandalyce height
Anyone want to have a go at estimating her height from this picture?
I found a similar stroller on gumtree but it is no longer for sale. I was trying to find info re the dimensions of the stroller. Couldn't find anything......

There is a truck load of driving going on with people who wouldn't really normally afford to drive through 3 states and 2 territories.

The type of driving is something you would normally associate with a truck driver. Even then....

BANK ACCOUNT LOCATIONS

3/11/2008 Purchase at KFC (Port Augusta)
6/11/2008 Purchase McDonalds (Rundle Mall, Adelaide)
9/11/2008 Eftpos Purchase Coles (Alice Springs)
14/11/2008 ATM withdrawal (Kent Town)
17/11/2008 Rabbit Photo/Strandbags (Mt Gambier)
24/11/2008 ATM withdrawal Kippax Fair (Canberra)
16/12/2008 Charnwood (Canberra)
19/12/2008 Deakin (Canberra)
22/12/2008 BP OTR (Broadview)
6/01/2009 Coober Pedy (Coober Pedy)
7/01/2009 EFTPOS Purchase Mobil (Alice Springs )
10/01/2009 ATM withdrawal BP (Broadview)

I am curious that with all this driving all around SA/NT/NSW, if that was how KPS and KP got around before they died, KPS didn't purchase petrol. So who paid for fuel if she was driving her car? Was she driving her car?

I am curious that with all this driving all around SA/NT/NSW, if that was how KPS and KP got around before they died, KPS didn't purchase petrol. So who paid for fuel if she was driving her car? Was she driving her car?

That's a good point. Perhaps a work car/truck with a petrol card. I think she Karlie went on a trip with him and was murdered and had left Khandles in Adelaide. IMO

I wonder if anyone has a link to an MSM article or news report where a former neighbour of HP and DJH was briefly interviewed? She talked about how HP and DJH left the house they shared quite quickly. Quickly enough that a 'shrine' to a lost loved one and a 'prosthetic leg' were left behind. I remember the year she stated they left as being 2011, but I can't rely on memory. Also, if HP was paralysed, could anyone tell me why she would need a prosthetic leg?

Maybe she drove, using her car. To even it up, maybe he paid for fuel?

The reason why I found it puzzling that she was so tall for a 2 year old is I have a 5 year old son who can pass as a 2 year old he is so short yet my 2 year old is the same height with my husband being 6"4 everyone has said he is really small for having a daddy so tall.

My point is wouldn't khandalyce be more Karlie frame? Therefore she would be more on the bottom percentile not over the highest percentile. All imo

I think her height sounds right for the upper percentile. Girls are generally bigger than boys until they reach puberty. Also, I have known a few little girls who are pretty big for their age, and they have all had larger dads. I just checked 95cm against me, and it isn't outside of the realms of impossibility. My youngest daughter was 90 cm at the same age, I just checked her blue book, whereas my son didn't reach that lofty height until he was 5 or so, as he was always small. He shot up in puberty though, and towers over her now.

I think they have no doubt determined her age through more scientific means, probably via various markers, and I doubt it is erroneous. They would have given an age range if they were unsure. They seem pretty positive of it.

The photos provided to LE of Khandalyce taken in late 2008 showed her in the same clothes as were found in the suitcase. This suggests that she was killed not very long afterwards (or she would have outgrown the clothes).

Probably lazy Australians my friend. It should be Aus, but Oz is part of the vernacular here. It is not where the Wizard of Oz came from.
Just in case anyone is interested, L Frank Bsum chose 'Oz' because he was looking around his office for ideas and saw A-G, H-N and O-Z on his three drawer filing cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB