AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Karlie is looking up at the photographer in the photo on the left. IMO the photographer was sitting down when this photo was taken. Whether that was sitting in a wheelchair or sitting on a chair is unclear at this stage.

Karlie was small in stature and is also somewhat slumped in the photo. She also seems to have her head cast down slightly which could give the impression that she is looking up.

The photo of Khandalyce was also taken on the same day. Khandalyce is looking directly at the camera, not up at the camera.

Karlie%203_zpstger9uy8.jpg

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...l-service-area/task-force-mallee#.VkBLsNIrLRZ

Karlie_zpsba3a238s.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/karlie-pe...rd-years-after-her-death-20151030-gkn3rr.html

2D9D44BE00000578-3282142-image-m-64_1445401544873_zps3sq7n4nw.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-21/breakthrough-announced-in-wynarka-and-belanglo-cases/6872550

Try replicating it -if the person is on the same level as you, you would be looking straight ahead. And I am short too, just like Karlie. But this is only my opinion. However, the only way your eyes are that far up is because you are looking at someone quite a bit higher. However, I guess it's like data - you can make it conclude anything you want.

Karlie is leaning slightly forward with one elbow on her leg, she is holding her mobile in the other hand.
Her body is slightly forward, giving the impression she is looking up. She is looking out from a position of leaning forward on her leg.
What I mean is Karlie is not sitting back in the seat looking at eye level to the person taking the photo. She is perched on the edge of the seat, leaning forward on one elbow on her leg, and looking out (not up) from that forward position.

I don't know. I don't think Karlie looks afraid, abused or anything of that nature in that photo. I don't see fear in her eyes. To me, she looks distracted - with the phone in her hand, which looks like it's flipped open, it looks to me like she was interrupted from texting or something like that. "Hey, Karlie ..." and she looks up from her phone as someone snaps a photo of her. The most I can say is she looks tired and stressed, but I don't read anything more sinister than that from just that photo. There's only one other photo of Karlie that I've seen to compare it too as well, but even then, if people saw some of my photos, I hate to think what conclusions they may draw.

I agree with the angle that the photo was more likely taken by someone who was standing.

I also think the person who took the photo may have willingly given it to police to assist, not necessarily hinder.

I don't know ... it's all making my head explode.

I agree. She has had her head down and then looked up. Your eyes lead your head movement. The photographer could be sitting across from her or standing. Doubt we will find out.

She looks like a lot of the tired mothers of infants to me (not to ignore possibly being hung over either - when I tend to hunt down a food court! )

There's not much you can reliably draw from this other than she was young, tired and tiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karlie is leaning slightly forward with one elbow on her leg, she is holding her mobile in the other hand.
Her body is slightly forward, giving the impression she is looking up. She is looking out from a position of leaning forward on her leg.
What I mean is Karlie is not sitting back in the seat looking at eye level to the person taking the photo. She is perched on the edge of the seat, leaning forward on one elbow on her leg, and looking out (not up) from that forward position.

Yes, Karlie seems to be just looking out just above her own eyebrowe level, like the person taking the photo is seated, just like Karlie is seated, but the person taking the photo is taller than Karlie when seated - if that makes sense?

From what I can gather he had ABN's in the name of DJH from 2000 to 2007 & DJM from 2007 to now - last updated 23.9.15.

ABN Businesses's under these names are DJ Detailing & Labouring, DJ Labouring & Lappin Landscaping.

Thanks, symbah. I'll have to go back and find the ABN link unless you have it handy. If you do, was 'DJ Detailing & Labouring' current in 2008?

Yes. That is exactly the point I was making.
I beg to differ. I think the car is going to have a little relevance later.
Although it may not neccessarily come up.
<modsnip> Im layin down 50 kudos that the car may be relevent late in the trial.

Just throwing this in here...
If HP took the photos and if she knew Karlie was about to "do a runner" with the cash, is it possible that HP HAS been keeping the pretence of Karlie being active around SA and the eastern states by various means (phone calls, Centrelink visit, bank visit, ATM transactions etc) not in order to cover up a murder, but in order to protect Karlie from the person/people who wanted their money back?
Maybe HP genuinely didn't know Karlie was dead.
Maybe she just knew Karlie did not want to be found and accepted that it was too dangerous for Karlie to ever contact her again.
Could this be why she was questioned by the police at such lengths but not charged with anything?

Or wearing a prosthetic...

Though it is still very close in time to the car accident - 15 Sep 2008 (crash) 8 Nov (photo)

I don't think HP took the photo.

Thanks, Wolfie, was looking for the date of the Marla accident as I was thinking about someone using a prosthetic. From the memory of my motorbike-riding friend who lost his leg, it took a lot longer for him to be fitted with one. Different type of accident, different injuries.

Why don't you think HP took the photo of Karlie? She was the snapper at the Show n Shine although Karlie was noticeably absent from any photos.

Not defeated or resigned in the sense that she had given in; just given up on something (a relationship?)

Still not getting it. I'm just getting "Whats up with you & your'e having to take photos?" situation.

Karlie is 97cm high. Karlie was sitting on a seat which is 450mm high so the top of Karlies head would only be 90cm.
I still dont understand the ring being engagement ring finger even it wasnt.
The ring has a valid point I think.

Without any doubt she did not want her photograph taken..
The person was taking the photograph of Khandalyce, that was alright, Karlie was on her mobile, but then the person turned the camera to Karlie, that was something she did not expect - or want.
That is how it looks. She was not posing or ready for a photograph.

Didn't a local say that the photos were likely taken in different places? One at Oporto and one at Hungry Jack's?

Didn't a local say that the photos were likely taken in different places? One at Oporto and one at Hungry Jack's?

From memory that was JaneSA. My understanding is that Oporto and Hungry Jacks are in the same shopping complex.

It's interesting to read all of the different interpretations of Karlie's expression in that photo. Irrespective of what we all think, it can be agreed that she doesn't look happy at all.

From memory that was JaneSA. My understanding is that Oporto and Hungry Jacks are in the same shopping complex.
Yep, same complex but different places.

I'm trying to remember - Hungry Jacks on the ground floor and Oporto on the 3rd? 5th?

Anyway, unlikely that the photos were taken one after the other.

I don't know. I don't think Karlie looks afraid, abused or anything of that nature in that photo. I don't see fear in her eyes. To me, she looks distracted - with the phone in her hand, which looks like it's flipped open, it looks to me like she was interrupted from texting or something like that. "Hey, Karlie ..." and she looks up from her phone as someone snaps a photo of her. The most I can say is she looks tired and stressed, but I don't read anything more sinister than that from just that photo. There's only one other photo of Karlie that I've seen to compare it too as well, but even then, if people saw some of my photos, I hate to think what conclusions they may draw.

I agree with the angle that the photo was more likely taken by someone who was standing.

I also think the person who took the photo may have willingly given it to police to assist, not necessarily hinder.

I don't know ... it's all making my head explode.

Agree completely. I don't think you can judge much about a person from one photo. Just looks like an unexpected or unwanted photo. Everyone has them sometimes.

Yep, same complex but different places.

I'm trying to remember - Hungry Jacks on the ground floor and Oporto on the 3rd? 5th?

Anyway, unlikely that the photos were taken one after the other.

For all we know Fruity there may have been a whole lot of photos taken that day. We are only seeing what has been released by the police.

Thanks, Wolfie, was looking for the date of the Marla accident as I was thinking about someone using a prosthetic. From the memory of my motorbike-riding friend who lost his leg, it took a lot longer for him to be fitted with one. Different type of accident, different injuries.

Why don't you think HP took the photo of Karlie? She was the snapper at the Show n Shine although Karlie was noticeably absent from any photos.

I think she was most likely still in hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members