AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The phone needs to know which tower it is going to talk to so it contacts the towers. Smart phones do more again, obviously they have GPS. There is also the phone records of who and where was contacted.
Who did someone ring in Belanglo?

The iPhone 3G released in Australia mid-2008 and had GPS capabilities. The original iPhone from a year earlier lacked that feature. Smartphones weren't very widespread at that stage; global iPhone sales by 2009 were 7 million, and Australian sales were estimated to be around 200,000-250,000. Unless DH was an early adopter of smartphone technology, it seems very likely triangulation/tower information was used rather than GPS.

I wonder if Thursday will bring any answers. Somehow I doubt it.

I completely forgot it was on Thursday. Thanks for the reminder. Nah ... I doubt there'll be much news. I don't even think he'll plead on that mention, given his previous reluctance to co-operate.

(Though it will be interesting if he does plead on Thursday ... if he pleads guilty, they've got him by the short and curlies, and the only reason he'll plead guilty will be strategic to get a percentage off his eventual sentence because he knows they've got him by the short and curlies, if he pleads not guilty, well, let's not go down that road, other than to say, let's hope the DPP has crossed all their T's and dotted all their I's.)

he was only recently arrested. No doubt that information has some use. But I dare say the call out of Belanglo was the kicker

The iPhone 3G released in Australia mid-2008 and had GPS capabilities. The original iPhone from a year earlier lacked that feature. Smartphones weren't very widespread at that stage; global iPhone sales by 2009 were 7 million, and Australian sales were estimated to be around 200,000-250,000. Unless DH was an early adopter of smartphone technology, it seems very likely triangulation/tower information was used rather than GPS.

The message would of been meant for the family not the public or police. As long as the carer or family knows they are gone that is how you send a message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you suggesting that the family knew she was dead and did nothing? Further that the grandmothers carer and source of the drug debt stories knew she had been murdered and did nothing but then calls crime stoppers and a journalist 6 years later? Seriously?

You're not suggesting that Daniel was also murdered and someone usurped his identity? . . . Only to be accused of murdering himself?

Edit: He hasn't been accused of murdering himself yet, except by me, if you count that.

LMAO on your edit. It's getting surreal in here.

I don't think the police have said it was anything to do a phone giving away the date they believe Karlie was killed at or near Belanglo. Those dates could be from information gleaned from the house searches or from interviews with various people. We don't know what's been going on behind the scenes.

If the carer has a history. If the police cant protect the carer. We don't know whats going on. Someone that tosses dead children to the kerb in suitcases for the world to find. Maybe once someone was charged...
Police have a lot of information from Crimestoppers it seems

Are you suggesting that the family knew she was dead and did nothing? Further that the igrandmothers carer and source of the drug debt stories knew she had been murdered and did nothing but then calls crime stoppers and a journalist 6 years later? Seriously?

The media have stated a call in Belanglo at the time puts the charged in the area when karlie was murdered
The statement may have been taken down for obvious reasons

I don't think the police have said it was anything to do a phone giving away the date they believe Karlie was killed at or near Belanglo. Those dates could be from information gleaned from the house searches or from interviews with various people. We don't know what's been going on behind the scenes.

The media have stated a call in Belanglo at the time puts the charged in the area when karlie was murdered

It is understood police have been able to allegedly trace a telephone belonging to Holdom via pings off mobile phone towers in the Belanglo state forest, which put the phone near the location where Pearce-Stevenson’s remains were found, at about the time of her death.

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...glo-forest-near-mothers-remains-police-allege

BBM: UBM:

You're not suggesting that Daniel was also murdered and someone usurped his identity? . . . Only to be accused of murdering himself?

Edit: He hasn't been accused of murdering himself yet, except by me, if you count that.

LOL ... no not suggesting that <modsnip>

Wondering just who he actually said he was while living in Alice.
I was wondering if maybe on (paper at least) HP did break up with Marshall in 2009 and then took up with another Daniel that looked identical in another state.

Does anyone have the link to the original news item we saw about the NSW Police finding DH stopped in a car with TB at Narara in January 2013 where it refers to the car having clothing piled up in it to neck height? This report of the incident and others I could find that weren't behind pay walls don't mention the pile of clothing.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/karlie-pe...rd-years-after-her-death-20151030-gkn3rr.html

The Police report of the incident mentions that DH seemed very nervous. I keep wondering if there was anything under that pile of clothing that he was afraid the Police would find if the car was searched. The report said he had moved from near Goulburn to the Central Coast a few days earlier.

Property piled head high.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...588875707?sv=1e5021e6eb799c2aa47c3c1f295d864c

LOL ... no not suggesting that <modsnip>

Wondering just who he actually said he was while living in Alice.
I was wondering if maybe on (paper at least) HP did break up with Marshall in 2009 and then took up with another Daniel that looked identical in another state.

Well he wasn't DH in Alice Springs

I just checked the ABN postcodes
Interesting that he was in Canberra ACT
Then around Gympie/Tin Can Bay Area HPs home town and where she went to school. Maybe where they first met.
Then the Central Coast NSW
Then around Foster/Taree NSW
Then Alice Springs NT
Before finally settling in Hillbank SA
That's a lot of moving in a short time frame

That part really stumps me as well. The dental work led investigators searching for a backpacker of European origins. The body was poorly concealed in Milat family hunting grounds famous for killing backpackers. Why does Karlie who has lived in Australia her whole life have European dental work. This was a major factor in her not being identified. The reconstructed drawing was probably affected by that assumption as well. Why WAS the killer so confident she wouldn't be identified? Were they just extremely lucky?

A lot of health care workers in rural and remote Australia are from overseas. They may be traveling or working rurally in order to gain citizenship (you must work in rural areas in order to emigrate to Australia as the positions are hard to fill). Perhaps the dentist trained in Europe? And the European style dental work gave LE the idea Karlie was foreign?

It is understood police have been able to allegedly trace a telephone belonging to Holdom via pings off mobile phone towers in the Belanglo state forest, which put the phone near the location where Pearce-Stevenson’s remains were found, at about the time of her death.

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...glo-forest-near-mothers-remains-police-allege

BBM: UBM:

Thank you both for this - I must have missed these. :doh:

With all the discussion about the Lanza suitcase being used to conceal $25,000 (250 x $100 notes at the least) or drugs (x amount x y type of drug) wouldn't it be easier to hide it/them, say, inside/underneath/behind a child's car seat or in a box of nappies? Why buy luggage as large as the Lanza suitcase as well as using such an obvious place to hide contraband that it's screaming out to be searched? It doesn't make sense.

I honestly don't think the suitcase was purchased for anything more than to keep someone's clothes inside it after they freaked out and wanted to disappear and deny their responsibility for a tragic accident. They had the perfect 'vehicle' to do just that.

Maybe that same someone had also heard scuttlebutt emanating from Alice Springs about a windfall the person they were travelling with was supposed to have received and tried to secure it for themselves, with further tragic results, but I don't buy that.

The violent nature of Karlie's death, as alluded to by investigators, smacks of a crime of passion to me. You don't beat a woman and her little girl to death unless you have an intimate relationship with them. Something happened on their last journey to evoke at least one outburst of a murderous rage. Just what it was; we may never know but I don't think it was drugs or money in a Lanza suitcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjlm730