AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know whether Khandalyce was born in the first or second half of 2006, but if the first, she would have been due to start compulsory education in 2011. Possibly Centrelink sent out forms asking for school enrolment or other details because of Khandalyce's age. According to the Human Services website, the Schoolkids bonus is paid automatically to eligible families in January but you must first supply your child's enrolment details.

"From 1 January 2013, the schoolkids bonus replaces the Education Tax Refund that was previously paid through the tax system. Schoolkids bonus is paid in two instalments, in January and July each year, to assist eligible families and students with education expenses."

https://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2012L02562/Explanatory%20Statement/Text

I gather that this wasn't applicable in 2010. From what I can gather, they used to get something called Education Tax Refund, and from what I understand, the child had to be in either primary or secondary school to be eligible.

file:///Users/imac/Downloads/IND00238018n726210610.pdf

I don't really understand it to be honest, it seems to say it's for people who are not required to lodge a tax return (which has me confused, for a start) but who want to claim a tax refund.

I don't think you would need to fill out any forms sent from Centrelink though.

I'm still trying to fathom why an imposter would have to front Centrelink in December 2010, but I haven't been able to find anything. As Khandalyce would have been around 4 at that time, Karlie wouldn't have been required to attend any job seeking (as far as I can determine), so unless there was a change of circumstances (like claiming disability), I can't think of any other reason they would need to attend, unless someone in Centrelink was suspicious and arranged a compulsory interview to alleviate their suspicions/concerns.

Anybody else come up with anything else, or got any ideas? I'm stumped.

I don't know whether Khandalyce was born in the first or second half of 2006, but if the first, she would have been due to start compulsory education in 2011. Possibly Centrelink sent out forms asking for school enrolment or other details because of Khandalyce's age. According to the Human Services website, the Schoolkids bonus is paid automatically to eligible families in January but you must first supply your child's enrolment details.

I don't think it mattered when you were born back then as they still had rolling intakes throughout the year.
But they also had a compulsory 4 yr old checkup and your immunisations had to be up to date or have an exemption or your payments would be cutoff. Not sure when that came in though.
I know that you get the immunisation bonus in a couple of parts and after the 4 yr old needles you get a bonus. Not sure if that would have applied to Kp though. Unsure of dates of implementation.

Maybe the Centrelink attendance in December 2010 was simply a change of address??

I don't think it mattered when you were born back then as they still had rolling intakes throughout the year.
But they also had a compulsory 4 yr old checkup and your immunisations had to be up to date or have an exemption or your payments would be cutoff. Not sure when that came in though.
I know that you get the immunisation bonus in a couple of parts and after the 4 yr old needles you get a bonus. Not sure if that would have applied to Kp though. Unsure of dates of implementation.

In 2010, Khandalyce would have had to have had her 4 year immunisation. As she obviously unable to have it, I can't see that they would need to go to Centrelink to provide this information (which obviously her imposters wouldn't be able to provide). If the immunisations aren't done, you don't lose all your payments - you only use a supplementary payment, so I believe they would still receive the basic family payment. I don't know how the system works however. I doubt you would have to go to Centrelink if you weren't claiming the Supplementary Bonus - I can't imagine Centrelink would chase it up, I think they would simply not pay the bonus.

"To meet the immunisation requirements for the Family Tax Benefit Part A supplement you need to have your children immunised during the financial years that each child turns 1, 2 and 5 years old." (BBM).

I think this is implying that you would have to lodge your tax return and obtain the bonus when the child reaches 5 years of age (i.e. 2011) providing you showed proof of immunisation.

"An FTB Part A supplement of up to $726.35 for each child is paid after the end of the financial year once your payments have been balanced." (BBM).

" will happen after you and your partner have lodged your tax returns and your income details are confirmed by the Australian Taxation Office ..." (BBM).

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/subjects/immunising-your-children

Perhaps someone who has real life experience has a better understanding.

Not necessarily. I've changed banks and simply phoned to update details. They ask you your full name, CRN, and DOB for security purposes and then simply update bank details. All of which, it clearly seems, HP and DH had access to. But anything is possible

3 years ago, when I changed banks, I had to attend Centrelink and show copies of my new bank account information. I recall I was not allowed to do it over the phone. Too easy for fraud to occur, I guess. ��

The only other thing I can think of is data matching. Centrelink has anti - fraud measures in place where they share information with other government bodies. i.e. The ATO

Someone was getting a wage paid into KPS account. Perhaps this person was passing themselves off as KPS for employment purposes,
so they could also collect unemployment benefits in another name.
DH had KPS card in HIS possession. In the name of K Pearce Stevenson.Maybe that's what he was doing. He became Kevin or Kyle or Keith or Kenneth Pearce Stevenson.
Maybe that's what the ABN was for. Double dipping.

The KPS ABN was set up on 01/01/2011 with postcode 5112 Evanston. Maybe Centrelink picked up the discrepancy in address?

In 2010, Khandalyce would have had to have had her 4 year immunisation. As she obviously unable to have it, I can't see that they would need to go to Centrelink to provide this information (which obviously her imposters wouldn't be able to provide). If the immunisations aren't done, you don't lose all your payments - you only use a supplementary payment, so I believe they would still receive the basic family payment. I don't know how the system works however. I doubt you would have to go to Centrelink if you weren't claiming the Supplementary Bonus - I can't imagine Centrelink would chase it up, I think they would simply not pay the bonus.

"To meet the immunisation requirements for the Family Tax Benefit Part A supplement you need to have your children immunised during the financial years that each child turns 1, 2 and 5 years old." (BBM).

I think this is implying that you would have to lodge your tax return and obtain the bonus when the child reaches 5 years of age (i.e. 2011) providing you showed proof of immunisation.

"An FTB Part A supplement of up to $726.35 for each child is paid after the end of the financial year once your payments have been balanced." (BBM).

" will happen after you and your partner have lodged your tax returns and your income details are confirmed by the Australian Taxation Office ..." (BBM).

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/subjects/immunising-your-children

Perhaps someone who has real life experience has a better understanding.

I'm not sure if it was relevant in 2010 but at varying ages depending on which State or Territory a child has to have a health check with either a Doctor or Maternal Health Nurse but to receive the FTB supplement at the end of the financial year. I'm not sure what happens if you don't complete the health check in relation to ongoing payments and if it raises a flag if not submitted.

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cus...-part-b/healthy-start-for-school-health-check

3 years ago, when I changed banks, I had to attend Centrelink and show copies of my new bank account information. I recall I was not allowed to do it over the phone. Too easy for fraud to occur, I guess. ��

The only other thing I can think of is data matching. Centrelink has anti - fraud measures in place where they share information with other government bodies. i.e. The ATO

Someone was getting a wage paid into KPS account. Perhaps this person was passing themselves off as KPS for employment purposes,
DH had KPS card in HIS possession. In the name of K Pearce Stevenson.Maybe that's what he was doing. He became Kevin or Kyle or Keith or Kenneth Pearce Stevenson.

The KPS ABN was set up on 01/01/2011 with postcode 5112 Evanston. Maybe Centrelink picked up the discrepancy in address?

I too changed my bank account details about 3 years ago but I was able to do it through the online services.

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cus...d-support-assessment-in-special-circumstances

Changing your child support assessment in special circumstances

Reasons to change your child support assessment

Your circumstances must fall within the following 10 reasons for us to consider a change to your child support assessment. Just being unhappy with your current assessment is not a reason to apply. For more details .......

Maybe, Khandalyce's father A. in 2010 wanted to change something re paying for K. (if he paid for her) and therefore the receiving part of paying - Karlie - had to show up at Centrelink?

Something else which may or may not be relevant........ I moved house about 1.5 years ago into a rental and within weeks of moving I received a letter off the electoral commission to advise of my new electorate and what not.

There must be some sort of system in place with regards to information sharing among relevant agencies.

Great to see some brain storming going on here in regard to Centrelink etc. Well done ladies.

"From 1 January 2013, the schoolkids bonus replaces the Education Tax Refund that was previously paid through the tax system. Schoolkids bonus is paid in two instalments, in January and July each year, to assist eligible families and students with education expenses."

https://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2012L02562/Explanatory%20Statement/Text

I gather that this wasn't applicable in 2010. From what I can gather, they used to get something called Education Tax Refund, and from what I understand, the child had to be in either primary or secondary school to be eligible.

file:///Users/imac/Downloads/IND00238018n726210610.pdf

I don't really understand it to be honest, it seems to say it's for people who are not required to lodge a tax return (which has me confused, for a start) but who want to claim a tax refund.

I don't think you would need to fill out any forms sent from Centrelink though.

I'm still trying to fathom why an imposter would have to front Centrelink in December 2010, but I haven't been able to find anything. As Khandalyce would have been around 4 at that time, Karlie wouldn't have been required to attend any job seeking (as far as I can determine), so unless there was a change of circumstances (like claiming disability), I can't think of any other reason they would need to attend, unless someone in Centrelink was suspicious and arranged a compulsory interview to alleviate their suspicions/concerns.

Anybody else come up with anything else, or got any ideas? I'm stumped.

This is a timeline I've been working on. It's off the top of my head so the dates are approximations until I look back at MSM reports and Task/Strike Force pressers. It doesn't yet include EFTPOS and ATM transactions. Also, it's given that Karlie's mail is being delivered to her GM's residence in The Alice while Karlie is travelling (for whatever reason). If anyone wants to copy, edit and paste into a post of their own, please feel free.

Khandalyce photographed by HP at Show n Shine Blatherskite Park, Alice Springs NT (07/08)
DJH and HP in MVA in Marla SA/NT(?) (08/08)
Karlie and Khandalyce sighted by police at Coober Pedy SA(?) ( /08)
Karlie and Khandalyce photographed at Marion SA (11/08)
Karlie (and Khandalyce?) last seen in the ACT at (?) ( /11/08)
Karlie is allegedly murdered at unknown location and her remains left in Belanglo State Forest (14 or 15/12/08)
GM opens Karlie's mail and discovers she hasn't accessed her pension ( /08)

Khandalyce is allegedly murdered at unknown location (08 or 09?)
Karlie's mother files Missing Person Report for Karlie ( /09?)
Karlie's mother reports 'Karlie' has contacted her and Missing Person report is withdrawn 9 days later ( /09?)
Karlie's mother becomes ill and social media page set up to find Karlie ( /09?)

Belanglo Angel's (Karlie's) remains found (29/08/10)

What happens here for the below to occur (if anything):

Impostor (in wheelchair) attends bank ( /10)
Impostor (in wheelchair?) attends Centrelink ( /10)

KPS Exploration Drilling ABN, Evanston/Hillbank(?) SA 5112, created (01/01/11)
Karlie's GM passes away (02/09/11)
HP and DJH leave Hillbank house ( /11)

Karlie's mother passes away (06/02/12)
DJH stopped by police. In possession of a bank card in the name of 'K Pearce-Stevenson ( /12?)
DJH engaged to 16 yo (07/12)

Wynarka Angel's (Khandalyce's) remains found ( /15)
Belanglo and Wynarka Angels identified as Karlie and Khandalyce ( /15)
DJH charged with Karlie's alleged murder ( /15)
HP assisting investigators with their inquiries ( /15)

Thanks for the timeline Bohemian.
You could add Coober Pedy November 08 Police pulled over Karlie.

My experience with Centrelink was having to go in and show paperwork too.
Postcode 5112 also includes
HILLBaNK!!
https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...1s0x6ab0ad83400b32d9:0x1c033657a3510b20?hl=en

Try to remember there are likely family and friends of Karlie reading this. As we have no proof she was involved in drugs in anyway, it is completely disrespectful to her memory. What you are posting is a perfect example of being "victim unfriendly"

To be fair to JaneSA, she is not the only person who has been discussing scenarios suggesting drug running. Given the only evidence to support that story is the dubious evidence of the "carer" for Karlie's grandmother, Connie, all of us should stop discussing any possible involvement [EDIT] by Karlie in such activities. That would not stop discussion of others around her possibly being involved but personally I agree with the person who suggested the carer/informant is just looking for publicity for himself.

For the timeline above:

Karlie's mother passes away (early 2012)
Belanglo Angel's (Karlie's) remains found ( /10?)
Karlie's GM passes away (2011)

The $25,000.00 debt, seems to be another 'roundabout/facetime call' (GBC) to me.

I have one idea regarding Centrelink and having to attend with identification. It's actually to have your 'identity verified', if you were on benefits and hadn't yet supplied identification of 100 points.

At some time in the past, you didn't need to supply all of those documents but, with the advent of telephone self service and online Centrelink transactions (and computerised data matching) you can't access those services if your identity isn't verified.

I have been on a part DSP (as well as working and studying) for a number of years and, as I haven't had my identity verified, I have just continued to contact Centrelink via phone and speak to a CSO to vary up-front payments, use forms to declare income/study or through my electricity provider for rebates. It doesn't affect the payment of the DSP though.

I wonder if the impostors tried to either access telephone self service or online Centrelink transactions and didn't have Karlie's PIN and/or they attempted to verify her and Khandalyce's identities at the Centrelink office to enable easier access to her benefits?

I think Karlie's benefits being discontinued in 2010, along with the discovery of the Belanglo Angel's (Karlie's) remains in 2010(?) might be enough to spook them shortly after; possibly 2011?

To be fair to JaneSA, she is not the only person who has been discussing scenarios suggesting drug running. Given the only evidence to support that story is the dubious evidence of the "carer" for Karlie's grandmother, Connie, all of us should stop discussing any possible involvement [EDIT] by Karlie in such activities. That would not stop discussion of others around her possibly being involved but personally I agree with the person who suggested the carer/informant is just looking for publicity for himself.

For the timeline above:

It is fine to put forward opinions and scenario's here but if something is posted and reads as fact I want links. An easy was around this is for the poster to state it is only their opinion but if they can back up their thinking with links, so much the better.

End of discussion on this. Back on topic.

I've been on single parenting payment for some time. At tax time if you haven't worked you need to advise of a non lodgement each year. At tax time, usually in July, centrelink balances your payments, which usually results in about $1000 payment. Karlie would most likely have received that. The immunisation register is updated through the doctors/nurses records at the time of immunisation.
Centrelink can request you to come in for an appointment for various reasons. Pretty sure I've had one that was referred to as a 'personal contact appointment' or something along those lines, and there hadn't been any change of circumstances at that time. If you do not attend the appointment your payments may be cut off.
I find it strange that the woman in the wheelchair impersonating Karlie was with a man...she was on single parenting payment so that is a bit strange for me..

For the timeline above:

Karlie's Mother passed away 6th Feb, 2012
Karlie's remains found 29th August, 2010
Karlie's Grandmother passed away 2nd September, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics