AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well spotted Soso. I've not seen that before either.

From the same link.
  • December 15, 2008: Ms Pearce-Stevenson is murdered around this time, according to NSW Police investigations.

• December 2008-January 2009: Khandalyce is killed, according to police. It is believed the two-year-old died about a month after her mother.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Pearce-Stevenson-s-murder.html#ixzz3rZk7LdxT

BBM. This is new information also. So police now believe that Khandalyce died in early 2009. So who was looking after her for that month after Karlie died? Was Khandalyce's murder premeditated or did the killer just snap? IMO Khandalyce died in South Australia. The suitcase being transported from Canberra or NSW to Wynarka doesn't make much sense IMO but to travel from suburban Adelaide to Wynarka is a lot more feasible.

Bolded above my me - yes, my thoughts exactly. I've held the thought that Khandalyce was being baby sat when she was murdered. In my opinion, I think it feasible that Khandalyce was killed shortly after Karlie's death, which to me, translates to something along the lines of a few days to a week (don't ask me why - I have absolutely nothing to base it on). I'm not convinced she was kept for weeks after Karlie's death though. I do believe the killer snapped though.

(Thinking about it logically - the police stating they thought she was killed "shortly after" as opposed to "immediately after" could be relevant to the alleged "about one month after her mother." So I am probably wrong).

I think this sort of story is getting close to the reality. Passport photos a bag but why and who is the question.

Damn :doh:

- Rabbit Photo/Strandbag, Mount Gambier, SA, on November 17, 2008

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/2992024...rings-mother-karlie-pearce-stevensons-murder/

What if Karlie was in such a mess that Khandalyce (and Karlie) were going abroad.
Either seperately. Together. Or they would travel seperately but would meet up abroad.

The lanza suitcase. Take pictures of Khandalyce at Rabbit Photo for a passport. And hand Khandalyce over to a third person with a suitcase that included a complete wardrobe for Khandalyce. Khandalyce's birth certificate, photo's for the new passport, her quilt etc.

Was Karlie going to do one major last job that would earn them the money to get out of all the mess so she could flee the country with Khandalyce?

Do Centrelink put notes on client's files?? Im thinking along the lines of the way some businesses do to help remember you for next time (Hi Mrs Jones, its the pest controller, how are you after your hip operation?...that sort of thing). Perhaps if something is a bit suss but no real proof? Maybe something about the wheelchair was suss to Centrelink and as previously mentioned by another poster, she was supposed to be a single mum but appeared with a man (I daresay Centrelink staff would not be allowed to ask straight out if he is a partner but it might have been something they noted for future). Im thinking that after a while when Karlie's family were starting to suspect she really was missing, slowly things were put together and government departments being what they are......well maybe eventually a note was found on a file....thats right, we were a bit suss about this at the time. Im going to make a wild guess here and assume in the scheme of things people may try to do at Centrelink, that probably wasnt a massive red flag at the time especially if all the right documents were produced.

inland no international airport. So probably not.
Guys what's in Canberra? Is Canberra the sort of place that might have enabled Karlie to leave Australia unofficially? Like getting on a boat to New Zealand or something alike?
So not oficially buying an airline ticket with a passport and be traceable. But disappear out of Australia?

fairly good scenario
Yup, yup, yup.

Or the suitcase (with Khandalyce's remains) were left in a property somewhere by someone and disposed of when discovered by a subsequent tenant, cleaner, or squatter not wanting involvement/contact with SAPOL for reasons of their own.

Or person dumping suitcase owed someone a favour/was coerced/paid/related/friend.

Any number of possibilities.

<modsnip>

Well spotted soso! I hadn't read this article either.

I noticed a discrepancy with the alleged date that Daniel Holdom was pulled over by the police. Not crucial, but irritating - I thought I'd read somewhere that he was pulled over in 2012.

I also noticed the article alleges that he was placed in Belanglo at the time of Karlie's death because of phone records, not phone "pings". Does anyone know if there is a difference, or would it be the same regardless? Maybe I've been watching too many fictional crime shows - is triangulating the pings on the phone exactly the same as phone records?

"Alleged killer, 41, was pulled over by police in 2013, court documents say" (BBM)

"Police have claimed they found Karlie Pearce-Stevenson's bank card in her accused killer's wallet four years after she was allegedly murdered " (BBM)

The 41-year-old came to the attention of police when mobile phone records placed him in Belanglo (BBM).

I wonder if it was phone calls? A combination of both? Meet me in Belanglo?........Phone calls from him, pings on her phone?? Probably very good evidence that has put him at the scene and now in court for her murder. It occurred to me that if she was unwilling to meet up with him, especially in a place like Belanglo, there is one surefire way he could have enticed her there. If you want your child back......I dont really care to think much past that thought really.

possible
I will eat my hat if Karlie ever had $ 25,000 cash in her pocket.
I think its far more likely that she had racked up a debt with a dealer who was taking advantage of her, ie by supplying on a 'use now, pay later' basis at vastly inflated prices. Then when she couldn't afford to pay it back they used it as leverage to get her driving all over Australia for them.
Since DH was stopped by police with an ice pipe, it seems likely that she would have used the same drug.
I'm not sure if ice/crystal meth is very expensive in Australia, but it seems to me that you'd have to be a fairly heavy user to build up a debt like that.
As far as DH is concerned it could also explain a sudden violent outburst that is not characteristic of someone's normal behaviour.
This is just my opinion of course, and in no way am I blaming Karlie, she didn't deserve any of this.

You would end up with two cars. Which is ok but someone else would be needed to drive the extra vehicle.
I wonder if it was phone calls? A combination of both? Meet me in Belanglo?........Phone calls from him, pings on her phone?? Probably very good evidence that has put him at the scene and now in court for her murder. It occurred to me that if she was unwilling to meet up with him, especially in a place like Belanglo, there is one surefire way he could have enticed her there. If you want your child back......I dont really care to think much past that thought really.

Just on GM seeing K bank and worrying. There can be many scenarios for what she saw as irregular. Maybe she saw her "GM" money go in when there is actually plenty of $ in the account or all the dif locations of withdrawals which would worry her eg the grandchild travelling everywhere.

Do Centrelink put notes on client's files?? Im thinking along the lines of the way some businesses do to help remember you for next time (Hi Mrs Jones, its the pest controller, how are you after your hip operation?...that sort of thing). Perhaps if something is a bit suss but no real proof? Maybe something about the wheelchair was suss to Centrelink and as previously mentioned by another poster, she was supposed to be a single mum but appeared with a man (I daresay Centrelink staff would not be allowed to ask straight out if he is a partner but it might have been something they noted for future). Im thinking that after a while when Karlie's family were starting to suspect she really was missing, slowly things were put together and government departments being what they are......well maybe eventually a note was found on a file....thats right, we were a bit suss about this at the time. Im going to make a wild guess here and assume in the scheme of things people may try to do at Centrelink, that probably wasnt a massive red flag at the time especially if all the right documents were produced.

Centrelink staff would place pertinent notes on a client's file. This is both a record of what the contact, whether it be telephone or in person, was in relation to. As it is highly likely that the next contact will be handled by a different person, this is also to assist the continuity of information. Any information that is only the opinion of the Centrelink staff member will not be noted, only factual information or what the client actually told the staff member. Staff in the Australian Public Service always have to be mindful that whatever is written or any action taken in relation to a client is available under the Freedom of Information Act to the client to peruse. The exception to this is what is know as 'internal working documents' which are exempted from FOI and are able to be withheld from the client. Therefore only factual information re the client or the client account action is noted. In a fraud situation, it is highly likely that most of any document s relating to the investigation would be exempted as 'internal working documents' prior to any prosecution for fraud.

Well spotted soso! I hadn't read this article either.

I noticed a discrepancy with the alleged date that Daniel Holdom was pulled over by the police. Not crucial, but irritating - I thought I'd read somewhere that he was pulled over in 2012.

I also noticed the article alleges that he was placed in Belanglo at the time of Karlie's death because of phone records, not phone "pings". Does anyone know if there is a difference, or would it be the same regardless? Maybe I've been watching too many fictional crime shows - is triangulating the pings on the phone exactly the same as phone records?

"Alleged killer, 41, was pulled over by police in 2013, court documents say" (BBM)

"Police have claimed they found Karlie Pearce-Stevenson's bank card in her accused killer's wallet four years after she was allegedly murdered " (BBM)

The 41-year-old came to the attention of police when mobile phone records placed him in Belanglo (BBM).

As I understand it, back in 2008, pre smart phone technology where our phones have location services, which can be turned on or off (mine is on) -

To 'ping' or bounce off the towers around Belanglo, the phone would have to either

1. Make a call
2. Take a call
3. Send a text or SMS or
4. Receive a text or SMS.
NB If the phone is not answered, and a call goes to message bank, it does NOT ping the towers.

So DH or his phone, depending on what you believe &#128521; made or took calls or texts in the area of the Belanglo forest on the 14/15 December. Pretty damning, especially if he claimed to be nowhere near there at that time.

PS used to work customer service for a mobile phone company back in the day. People would ring up and say ' why is my phone in that area I never made a call in that area! are you ripping me off !' You would have to explain it was the nearest tower, and may not correspond to the exact location they were in if there was not a tower in that location.

IMO , the reason HP Has not been charged with anything yet , Is ,(1) once she is charged , her lawyer will tell her not to answer any more of the police questions ! (2) maybe she has made some sort of deal with the police , giving her evidence and filling in the missing pieces to them , because remember that first interview held by Des , he said that the female impersonating Karlie at the bank and centrelink 'WOULD OF INDEED KNOWN THAT KARLIE WAS DEAD "
This is what I have been thinking. It makes sense that if those are the circumstances the police have not charge her with anything.

There is a chance HP knew very little, a chance that DH conned her into updating/changing details at the bank and centrelink, she may have thought she was doing a favour for Karlie, she could have even got a text from the other woman posing as Karlie.... just a thought.

correct...a car which has now disappeared right??

I believe so, yes. From memory, the police located the owner of the vehicle after Karlie's, but were unable to trace it from there. I have no idea about the circumstances of transfer of the vehicle though - whether it was sold to someone after Karlie's death, or simply transferred into someone else's name.

I dunno. They were her friends.
Isn't it more likely someone who didn't consider her a friend stole it (or retrieved it).

Oh Jane I love your humour! Yes (allegedly) they were Karlie's friends.

Devoted friends like these are hard to come by.

A real friend who has been charged with her murder.
A friend who violently 'stomped' Karlie to death and left her in a forest for the elements.
A real friend who covered her murder and use her credit card.
A real friend who pretended to be her to collect her GOVT. payments.

God only knows the wonderful devoted friend who violently killed Karlie's little baby Khandalyce and left her bones to rot and then unceremoniously left her on the side of the road.

I have no more words. I just can't see the funny side.

So November of 08 Kps was pulled over presumably travelling north near Coober Pedy, then she's seen in Canberra before being killed around the 15th December. Wow that's a lot of travelling. Poor KP.

That's in our summer months.

Oh Jane I love your humour! Yes (allegedly) they were Karlie's friends.

Devoted friends like these are hard to come by.

A real friend who has been charged with her murder.
A friend who violently 'stomped' Karlie to death and left her in a forest for the elements.
A real friend who covered her murder and use her credit card.
A real friend who pretended to be her to collect her GOVT. payments.

God only knows the wonderful devoted friend who violently killed Karlie's little baby Khandalyce and left her bones to rot and then unceremoniously left her on the side of the road.

I have no more words. I just can't see the funny side.

I am simply not willing to assume who is guilty before the investigation is complete and before a trial.
My personal belief is that the police have a very, very long way to go before they can prosecute anyone for these crimes.
Since the identifications, I think much of what the police have done so far has been strategic on their part.
But yes, I do think HP especially was Karlie's friend, and no, I don't think DH will be found guilty in the end (even those he has been charged).
A much bigger picture will become evident before this case is solved.

yes ., there is a lot more to come out of this investigation . A lot more then we are being told by the police and in my opinion , a few more people will be charged as accessories .
This is what I have been thinking. It makes sense that if those are the circumstances the police have not charge her with anything.

There is a chance HP knew very little, a chance that DH conned her into updating/changing details at the bank and centrelink, she may have thought she was doing a favour for Karlie, she could have even got a text from the other woman posing as Karlie.... just a thought.

I am simply not willing to assume who is guilty before the investigation is complete and before a trial.
My personal belief is that the police have a very, very long way to go before they can prosecute anyone for these crimes.
Since the identifications, I think much of what the police have done so far has been strategic on their part.
But yes, I do think HP especially was Karlie's friend, and no, I don't think DH will be found guilty in the end (even those he has been charged).
A much bigger picture will become evident before this case is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crystalbohnet