AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that acceptable to have in ones possession?! Was he charged ? - sorry, rhetorical, this may be outside of acceptable posting.

on another note, and sorry I am all over the place with catch up and thoughts, but I did think this 'police pull over' happened in 2013 with the engagement to his teenage fiancé all over in March 2013 - her parents must feel blessed.

thoughts:

HP & DH were apparently back together in 2011 when departed in such a hurry from the SA house - for sure was it him?

where did they move to at that time?

what happened from that point up to 2012 when he met his teenage soon-to- be fiancé in Canberra?

and - where does his sister live (where the Birth Certificate and other stuff found)?

would it be Canberra? Would it perhaps be where they were all staying in Canberra?

so many thoughts and questions, so little answers!

Welcome Warshawski. Who are you replying to in the bolded section of your post above? If you want to reply to someone's post you need to use the Reply With Quote tab (bottom right hand side of message window).

It has not been reported where the sister of DH lives. She has not been named a POI or suspect in this case and is therefore off limts here.

Hi Jane, I've been following for a long time and you have some really interesting and challenging thought patterns.

I have been bothered about this 'carer' and where 'he' fitted in - cool gig, you can just be immersed in the care of an old lady, and all in good time, just play your hand to the media, or whoever.

how did he get this 'gig' in the first place - Alice is a country town, I am sure POL have the answers.

Snakes & Ladders - IMO, a lot of people about to have a life changing experience.

My apologies .. still trying to work the mechanisms of 'posting'. Double apology on the sister reference - I understand not fair, just was wondering if it provided answers to whereabouts. No more..

My apologies .. still trying to work the mechanisms of 'posting'. Double apology on the sister reference - I understand not fair, just was wondering if it provided answers to whereabouts. No more..

No worries. We would all like to know more about the sister but rules are rules.

If you need help with anything or there is something you don't understand, please let me know.

Replying to here:

Originally Posted by Wexford
He was stopped on the side of the road and LE found the card in his wallet??.....They searched his wallet???? What reason would you have to do that? What were they looking for? (rhetorical question...Im sure I can guess). This would indicate to me that they searched the car as well.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/n...-1227588810144

Attempting to paraphrase relevant paragraph from behind the paywall...

The car was apparently broken down at the time of police questioning. Police searched the car after Holdom had presented police with identification under different names and exhibited a nervous disposition. An ice pipe and Stanley knife were found and Holdom claimed ownership.

As a matter of interest, what motive do people here think Connie Duffy's carer would have had for feeding his story to the media?
If it is true, it seems a very dangerous thing to do
If it is not true, it seems a cruel thing to do to the family he loves.
So, why did he do it, in your opinion?

Good questions JaneSA

If it is true... Yes it is a very dangerous thing then why do it? Dangerous for him, dangerous for the family or anyone connected. What's the benefit?
If it's not true... Yes it is very cruel to do to people he "loves". So if he does "love" the family this also makes not much sense.

We don't actually know if the source loves the family and there is nothing in the story to say how the source came by the information.

It smacks of cash for comments delivered at the end of a bar - there's probably some nuggets of truth in it but no doubt not the full story.

I've also been starting to think that it could be the yarn used to "explain" KPs absence or inability to go home. Making it too dangerous to visit her sick mother and also a lever for more fraud. "mum I'm in big trouble. I need cash" perhaps they even asked for help with the $25k debt? Could also explain the hasty withdrawal of the missing persons report if that was the point in time the yarn was fed to the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good questions JaneSA

If it is true... Yes it is a very dangerous thing then why do it? Dangerous for him, dangerous for the family or anyone connected. What's the benefit?
If it's not true... Yes it is very cruel to do to people he "loves". So if he does "love" the family this also makes not much sense.

We don't actually know if the source loves the family and there is nothing in the story to say how the source came by the information.

It smacks of cash for comments delivered at the end of a bar - there's probably some nuggets of truth in it but no doubt not the full story.

I've also been starting to think that it could be the yarn used to "explain" KPs absence or inability to go home. Making it too dangerous to visit her sick mother and also a lever for more fraud. "mum I'm in big trouble. I need cash" perhaps they even asked for help with the $25k debt? Could also explain the hasty withdrawal of the missing persons report if that was the point in time the yarn was fed to the family.

I did have a similar thought, Wolfie and Jane but I really didn't think about the motivation of the carer but one thing that comes to mind is that the person who contacted MSM may not be the person who contacted Crimestoppers, ie; legal advisors, alleged impostors, to help in any future defence.

True but I really think it was a spurious reason given to Karlie' and Khandalyce's nearest and dearest by the impostors to extract funds from them. It has now become 'factitious' through someone who, I suspect, heard it secondhand.

Also, Dinky had some ideas about this subject, in reply to my post:

My thoughts exactly,
It sounds like someone trying to get a bit of media attention for himself.
"Oh yeah I knew KPS she was a drug runner, owed like $25,000, yep bad person" will I be all over the news now? Trying to get the limelight.
I just really don't see someone in Alice Springs allowing a debt to get that out of hand or handing over $25k to purchase drugs. Especially back in 2007/2008. Yeah maybe In the Eastern States or other states with higher populations, maybe more bikies and higher proportion of "users" but the territory was predominantly weed until the ice scourge hit a few years ago. I know there have always been other drugs too, I Know someone that was busted in 2007 for a pretty big transportation of weed and other drugs. But it has predominantly been bikie related, well the big jobs anyway.
In my opinion anyway. Or it's a smaller debt/amount of cash and it's been talked up for the media circus.

Wow I missed that whole article about Karlie Living with a friend called Mel... (Paywalled??)

Interesting when you get new piece to a puzzle.

Just a couple of questions to ponder.

Did Karlie know someone else who has a wheelchair.
Did this other person have close contacts in the immediate area close to Marion Shopping centre.
Did Karlie have a wider cycle of acquaintances residing in Adelaide around the time she went missing.

Good questions JaneSA

This sounds bout right to me.

The grandmothers carer sounds like he was privy to a lot of things about the family,
and about KPS. He was there when the gma opened the mail and was worried about KPS. May have been privy to the MisPers report and Facebook pleas for her to come home.

Sure, make a call to Crimestoppers if you feel you have info, but why go 'public' with the drug debt story. A bit of a nasty thing to do. It is quite damaging to Karlie and the family. Speaks of anger.

And he was quite definite about the amount too. $25k. Not owed a 'lot of money' or owed ' more than $20k' he gives a specific amount. $25k.

If Karlie did have a drug debt, maybe he was the person she had the debt to. After all, he was later caught with a 'commercial' quantity of cannabis in Aug 2010.

IMOO.

Just had a thought (yeah, I know, amazing right? :) )

Let's say, hypothetically, an acquaintance of a future alleged murder victim had an accident while carrying a large amount of cash/drugs for a dealer. As police/emergency services would be swarming all over the place within a short amount of time, and they themselves were relatively uninjured, the mule/buyer decides to hide the drugs/money (which they know would be seen as highly incriminating evidence in any future trial) somewhere close to the crash site, or they could see it as an opportunity to retrieve money/drugs for themselves at a time to be determined.

Dealer doesn't care about circumstances and just wants cash/drugs returned, 'or else'. Unfortunately, by this time drugs have been consumed, sold on, or can't be retrieved, or mule/buyer has spent or wants to keep the cash for themselves. So they look for someone who is a convenient patsy; possibly someone that can be seen as relatively 'close' to them, who may have even gone to the crash site to retrieve items, been following them at the time of the accident in another car, or has retrieved items from the police on their behalf.

Mule/buyer convinces patsy to leave for another life, allegedly murders them and then proceeds to tie up any loose ends *sigh*. Then patsy et al's identities are used to defraud them (and others) to either start a moneymaking venture of their own, and/or to repay dealer (with considerable interest) and as a sweetener for themselves and their 'associates'. That is, until it looks like the jig is up and they scarper to safer climes.

As I said, just a thought and, yes, I even scare myself with just how devious I could be if I wasn't of good character or if I lacked empathy for anyone but myself.

Now...to the Blog Cave, Alfred...

As a matter of interest, what motive do people here think Connie Duffy's carer would have had for feeding his story to the media?
If it is true, it seems a very dangerous thing to do <modsnip>
If it is not true, it seems a cruel thing to do to the family he loves.
So, why did he do it, in your opinion?

The Crime Stoppers informant spoke exclusively to The Advertiser and revealed more on Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s then 80-year-old grandmother, Connie Duffy here. (BBM).

http://www.news.com.au/national/crime/karlie-pearce-stevenson-fled-alice-springs-with-25000-drug-debt-police-investigators-told/story-fns0kb1g-1227599560928

In my opinion - money comes to mind. An exclusive story would have been a nice little pay packet.

This sounds bout right to me.

The grandmothers carer sounds like he was privy to a lot of things about the family,
and about KPS. He was there when the gma opened the mail and was worried about KPS. May have been privy to the MisPers report and Facebook pleas for her to come home.

Sure, make a call to Crimestoppers if you feel you have info, but why go 'public' with the drug debt story. A bit of a nasty thing to do. It is quite damaging to Karlie and the family. Speaks of anger.

And he was quite definite about the amount too. $25k. Not owed a 'lot of money' or owed ' more than $20k' he gives a specific amount. $25k.

If Karlie did have a drug debt, maybe he was the person she had the debt to. After all, he was later caught with a 'commercial' quantity of cannabis in Aug 2010.

IMOO.

Nasty or perhaps just very bitter? Someone left to keep things together, clean up the mess and all a bit sick of it all? Someone who perhaps thought Karlie should have been at home looking after her mum instead of them?

Just had a thought (yeah, I know, amazing right? :) )

Let's say, hypothetically, an acquaintance of a future alleged murder victim had an accident while carrying a large amount of cash/drugs for a dealer. As police/emergency services would be swarming all over the place within a short amount of time, and they themselves were relatively uninjured, the mule/buyer decides to hide the drugs/money (which they know would be seen as highly incriminating evidence in any future trial) somewhere close to the crash site, or they could see it as an opportunity to retrieve money/drugs for themselves at a time to be determined.

Dealer doesn't care about circumstances and just wants cash/drugs returned, 'or else'. Unfortunately, by this time drugs have been consumed, sold on, or can't be retrieved, or mule/buyer has spent or wants to keep the cash for themselves. So they look for someone who is a convenient patsy; possibly someone that can be seen as relatively 'close' to them, who may have even gone to the crash site to retrieve items, been following them at the time of the accident in another car, or has retrieved items from the police on their behalf.

Mule/buyer convinces patsy to leave for another life, allegedly murders them and then proceeds to tie up any loose ends *sigh*. Then patsy et al's identities are used to defraud them (and others) to either start a moneymaking venture of their own, and/or to repay dealer (with considerable interest) and as a sweetener for themselves and their 'associates'. That is, until it looks like the jig is up and they scarper to safer climes.

As I said, just a thought and, yes, I even scare myself with just how devious I could be if I wasn't of good character or if I lacked empathy for anyone but myself.

Now...to the Blog Cave, Alfred...

It's a fortunate thing that you use your powers for good and not evil. Think you need to start writing crime fiction.

Fascinating ideas. I've always thought the crash is the turning point - that sent all the s**t rolling down the hill. I still think <modsnip> the drag racing community is significant.

Wow I missed that whole article about Karlie Living with a friend called Mel... (Paywalled??)

Interesting when you get new piece to a puzzle.

Just a couple of questions to ponder.

Did Karlie know someone else who has a wheelchair.
Did this other person have close contacts in the immediate area close to Marion Shopping centre.
Did Karlie have a wider cycle of acquaintances residing in Adelaide around the time she went missing.

IMO Karlie knew quite a few people in Adelaide, people who she could stay with from time to time. I am sure the police have tracked a lot of these people down and spoken to them. The unknown starts to occur after last confirmed sighting by police at Coober Pedy 08 Nov 2008. After this, her card is used 09/11/2008 at Coles Alice Springs. She is back in her home town.

Yet police have not stated they have any sighting of her in Alice Springs. Mmm just occurs to me, maybe what happened to her, happened a lot earlier than December. Maybe she was dead by the end of November. Maybe what happened to her even happened in Alice Springs. Just a thought

Maybe he saw how out of control things have become and came clean about what he knows? He would not of made any money or gained any fans by reporting to crime stoppers. The only devious possibility is he is protecting a suspect but to me that seems unlikely.,

I was under the impression the carer may have approached the media. This story suggests he spoke to the Adelaide Advertiser. I'm sure Crime Stoppers didn't give them his details, so I assumed he approached the Advertiser but I suppose it's possible they found out his name and contacts by some other means
http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...vestigators-told/story-fns0kb1g-1227599560928

Maybe he saw how out of control things have become and came clean about what he knows? He would not of made any money or gained any fans by reporting to crime stoppers. The only devious possibility is he is protecting a suspect but to me that seems unlikely.,

I agree, Found.
Notoriety can't be the motivator because he went to the media himself, yet obviously he has asked them not to use his name, since none have published it.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...vestigators-told/story-fni6uo1m-1227599497241

And as you say, no money to be made.

I wonder if he did it as a favour to the family?
I mean, I wonder if they wanted someone to do it but didn't want to do it themselves, for obvious reasons, so they asked him to.
Just my pondering on this odd aspect.

Good questions JaneSA

BBM - Spot on Wolfinator!!!!
Great thoughts!
Perhaps that explains why the family were paying money into her account - to help her out.
And yes, it also explains the withdrawal of the missing persons report so quickly, doesn't it?
Be interesting to know when payments from the family began, wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maddyka