AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I have been thinking. It makes sense that if those are the circumstances the police have not charge her with anything.

Do you think HP would commit ID fraud, on this scale, of a live person where the chances and speed of detection would be greatly higher?

I'm of firm belief that if she is the fraudster, at the very least, she was aware of K&K's deaths (or Karlie's death and Kandles sale) and deserves punishment for that and the frauds.

Blaming others for manipulation or the accident etc is not an excuse or acceptable defence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My belief s that Karlie wanted to get away from the whole scene and when she was given $25k she saw her chance.
I think HP helped her by, as far as she knew, creating the impression that Karlie was still alive and well in SA.
I don't think HP knew Karlie was dead.
Calls and texts from Karlie's mobile phone requested HP to do certain things, but as far as HP knew, she was just helping her friend remain in hiding.
It certainly is a criminal act to impersonate someone, either at a bank or at Centrelink, but if HP made no financial gain and explained that she thought she was keeping Karlie safe, perhaps the police are letting that slide because she has so much other valuable information to offer.
I also feel that Karlie was probably murdered a week or two before the official date and that DH was not responsible, although he may have known the details later.
I feel that DH was taken to Belanglo on some pretext by the actual killer in order to have his phone traced to that area later, when the body was found.

And when HP and Karlie would meet secretly from time to time they'd platt each other's hair and watch Twilight...
(sorry for the sarcasm - and I know you have a very different perspective having viewed HPs Facebook before it was dismantled)

But I just don't buy it.

Conning money out of a family, faking ID to get bank account details changed - does not protect Karlie.

But you might be getting closer to what was "sold" as the story to her family. Karlie can't come home. It's too dangerous. She owes $25k. She is in trouble blah blah blah.

Which is ok, Law Enforcement have no reason to tell us observers the truth. Ffor example initially they said Karlie wasn't receiving Centrelink money which was not the case. I would have thought that at the point in time having searched Immunisation records, Centrelink records, school records they would have easily seen payments were being received from Centrelink....... although at this point they were no longer active

BBM. The police said she wasn't ACCESSING her Centrelink payments. Not that she wasn't receiving them as far as I know

It was when Mrs Duffy opened her granddaughter’s mail and noticed her Centrelink payments had not been touched for a fortnight that she and friends first suspected something was wrong and began looking for Ms Pearce-Stevenson in late 2008.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227599497241

BBM. The police said she wasn't ACCESSING her Centrelink payments. Not that she wasn't receiving them as far as I know

It was when Mrs Duffy opened her granddaughter’s mail and noticed her Centrelink payments had not been touched for a fortnight that she and friends first suspected something was wrong and began looking for Ms Pearce-Stevenson in late 2008.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227599497241

Is this link working on everyone else's computer? Mine comes up with an error message - just want to check that it's still a legitimate article and hasn't been removed intentionally.

"We could not find the page you requested. This is either because:

• There's an error in the address or link you have entered in your browser;
  • There's a technical issue and the page has not been properly published;
  • The article was removed to comply with a legal order;
  • It is an older article that has been removed from the site."

Is this link working on everyone else's computer? Mine comes up with an error message - just want to check that it's still a legitimate article and hasn't been removed intentionally.

"We could not find the page you requested. This is either because:

• There's an error in the address or link you have entered in your browser;
  • There's a technical issue and the page has not been properly published;
  • The article was removed to comply with a legal order;
  • It is an older article that has been removed from the site."

Same error message for me, Panda.

Yes Panda. Getting an error message too. I only accessed that article recently though. Hmmmm

Same error message for me, Panda.

Thanks Bohemian - I'm suspicious in case the article has been removed. It's pretty early on for the article to "disappear" on such a high profile case - unless there's a reason.

Here's another MSM article:

"It was when Mrs Duffy opened her granddaughter’s mail and noticed her Centrelink payments had not been touched for a fortnight that she and friends first suspected something was wrong and began looking for Ms Pearce-Stevenson in late 2008."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/karlie-pearce-stevenson-fled-alice-springs-with-25000-drug-debt-police-investigators-told/story-fni6uo1m-1227599497241

And when HP and Karlie would meet secretly from time to time they'd platt each other's hair and watch Twilight...
(sorry for the sarcasm - and I know you have a very different perspective having viewed HPs Facebook before it was dismantled)

But I just don't buy it.

Conning money out of a family, faking ID to get bank account details changed - does not protect Karlie.

But you might be getting closer to what was "sold" as the story to her family. Karlie can't come home. It's too dangerous. She owes $25k. She is in trouble blah blah blah.

You just made me spit my coffee all over my iPad Wolfinator :happydance:

Can any of you guys figure out if there was a Cotton On kids store in Mt. Gambier in november 2008? And if so, where it was? (in the same shopping centre as Rabbit Phot/Strand Bags)?

I'm not sure of the historical data, but currently the two stores (Rabbit Photo and Cotton On) are several streets apart.

Cotton On:
21A And 21B Commercial Street
Mount Gambier, 5290

Rabbit Photo:
Shops 2 & 3, The Lakes Plaza Helen St,
Mt Gambier, SA 5290

And when HP and Karlie would meet secretly from time to time they'd platt each other's hair and watch Twilight... (sorry for the sarcasm - and I know you have a very different perspective having viewed HPs Facebook before it was dismantled)

But I just don't buy it.

Wolfie, I reckon you should be banned from this thread at meal times :D It's just too dangerous for me to read your posts then because I'm at risk of drowning on an inhaled cuppa or choking on my food.

Oh, and I see your point about the fraudster(s); and regardless of how they portrayed themselves on social media (think Catfish).

I will eat my hat if Karlie ever had $ 25,000 cash in her pocket.
I think its far more likely that she had racked up a debt with a dealer who was taking advantage of her, ie by supplying on a 'use now, pay later' basis at vastly inflated prices. Then when she couldn't afford to pay it back they used it as leverage to get her driving all over Australia for them.
Since DH was stopped by police with an ice pipe, it seems likely that she would have used the same drug.
I'm not sure if ice/crystal meth is very expensive in Australia, but it seems to me that you'd have to be a fairly heavy user to build up a debt like that.
As far as DH is concerned it could also explain a sudden violent outburst that is not characteristic of someone's normal behaviour.
This is just my opinion of course, and in no way am I blaming Karlie, she didn't deserve any of this.

Good theory otherwise but I'm not sure any dealer would let someone (or two) rack up a $25,000 debt for any drug.

MSM all over Australia has reported that HP is a suspect in this case. If the police didn't consider her a suspect they would have corrected this media allegation very quickly in much the same way as they quickly debunked media reports that DH is a serial killer. DH is a murderer but he isn't a serial killer according to police.

Afaik it is just the media calling HP a suspect. The police, when asked, refused to say.http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-02/hazel-passmore-questioned-again-by-police/6905762

But I just don't buy it.

But we don't actually knkw that HP profited from the fraud, or even that she was the person withdrawjng the funds or making the calls on Karlie's phone.
I think there is more to this than the obvious.

I'm not sure of the historical data, but currently the two stores (Rabbit Photo and Cotton On) are several streets apart.

Cotton On:
Mount Gambier, 5290

Rabbit Photo:
Mt Gambier, SA 5290

There has never been a Cotton On store in the Plaza (now known as Centro), and from memory didn't have Cotton On in 2008 in Mount Gambier, I think it's been there about 5 years

Cotton On:
Mount Gambier, 5290

Rabbit Photo:
Mt Gambier, SA 5290

https://www.google.nl/maps/@-37.828...4!1skuyWOAQG3Gid0HTMu36Pig!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

https://www.google.nl/maps/@-37.828...m4!1sSOd8yJ50jwKw5w6eFvHX6Q!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

Cotton On wasn't there on March 2008. It was there on January 2010.

The reason I would like to find out, is to see if the tutu could have been bought on the same occasion as the suitcase. In order to see if it could have been bought because it was next to or close to another shop/place that might hold some clue why Karlie would have been there. Or if it could have been bought by someone else who may have picked up Khandalyce (if that's what happened).

When are kids clothes on sale in Mt. Gambier or in general in Australia?
If Karlie bought it for Khandalyce, this was probably the last occasion Karlie could have bought it for Khandalyce. But if it wasn't on sale, I really doubt that Karlie did. All Khandalyce's other clothes seem quite cheap. Karlie was in trouble. So why the tutu dress. For sure a 2 year old won't throw a tantrum in order to get it (I guess).

There has never been a Cotton On store in the Plaza (now known as Centro), and from memory didn't have Cotton On in 2008 in Mount Gambier, I think it's been there about 5 years

Oke, thank you.

So if Karlie was in trouble (drug debt), I guess she's not the one who bought it.
If that specific black tutu dress was bought by someone else after Karlie was in Mt. Gambier, and IF she handed Khandalyce over to someone else. Then it gets really interesting.

Oke, thank you.

So if Karlie was in trouble (drug debt), I guess she's not the one who bought it.
If that specific black tutu dress was bought by someone else after Karlie was in Mt. Gambier, and IF she handed Khandalyce over to someone else. Then it gets really interesting.

Or it belonged to another child at some stage. I haven't seen a photo of Khandalyce wearing it, unlike the one of her wearing the pink dress. There were clothes that presumably weren't Khandalyce's found with her remains in the suitcase; such as a pair of boy's boxer shorts, from memory.

I vaguely remember reading a discussion on Khandalyce's thread (or Wynarka Angel as she was known before she was identified) about the Cotton On tutu.

Also, we can't really judge Khandalyce's wardrobe based on the pink dress and/or the scant items found in the suitcase with her remains. Her best clothing and possessions may have been given to another little girl of a similar age, charity, disposed of elsewhere, etc. Regardless of their financial situation, many parents think of their children first and economise on things for themselves.

holden hill police station and court

I know that the court and the police complex is there. I live in Adelaide. But it says
respect to what is known about the suspects involved in the financial aspects of the bank account transactions, Centrelink fraud and use of the phone, at least one offender is a male, there may have been more and at least two are females and those suspects either resided at or associated with or were listed in connection with properties at Davoren Park, Hillbank, Holden Hill and Charnwood in Canberra.

Properties - not businesses or services. Houses.

I don't believe that ANY drug dealer would allow so me one to run up $25k debt. They couldn't afford it, and it wouldn't be tolerated. I think the figure she was given to buy drugs has been grossly inflated. If she was in fact given money to procure drugs and take them back to Alice. In my opinion anyway.

Good theory otherwise but I'm not sure any dealer would let someone (or two) rack up a $25,000 debt for any drug.

With some unscrupulous people a couple of grand debt can quickly become 5, then 10 then 25 if you don't repay the initial amount when they click their fingers.

The $25,000 figure could well be an exaggeration though anyway, I'm not convinced that the source of that info was completely reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003